It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

change in 2009 vs change in 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
So 2009 was an amazing year for myself, I really changed overwhelming, my whole life, thoughts and who i am was completely changed into something bran new. More then just a spiritual journey and more like a real break through. The years leading up until 2009 i can really say i hardly remember, its like my life started last year and i was reborn or something. Anyways, with all this great change that took place i often posted in this section of the form about my thoughts and my journey and frequently posted some vlogs. i just gains and shared information like some kinda crazy zombie, i went from registering on youtube to watching over 8000 videos and maxing out my favorites, i came across this amazing webpage, along with others and made some amazing connections all over the world with people who were going thought similar things as myself. My brain got a total upgrade of information and it feels like it runs better now. I learned to really 'listen' to my heart in 2009,

What this post is about is that i feel like even tho its only January 3rd, I feel like i've changed more over the last 3 days then in all of 2009 combined... And if its any indication of what is to come this year is going to absolutely evolve my being.. into what i dont know but i feel pure energy. I feel a connection to something, and i feel charged and in charge, its becoming easy for me to control my thoughts and manifest them as well as change deep rooted opinions with just a thought. What things have you felt so far within this new year? This is more of just a discussion starter and wondering what do you guys feel and what do you think is instore for people who had a significant change over the last year in thsi year..

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Can you elaborate on the changes you went through?

Happy New Year!

Well i started 2009 fresh out of a long term relationship, a 5 year one to be exact and then shortly afterwards i started my journey, I started learning different points of views on reality and a learned alot about quantum physics and theories of the universe, I dove into a world of information to help better understand why i was so unhappy, i studied this and further studied myself after watching thousands of videos and spending hours and hours reading Wikipedia articles, I basically jsut learn a lot of different points of views to better help myself make better decisions and make clearer decisions on how i was to be. I became non-materialistic and i use to have about 40 pairs of glasses, and over 40 necklaces, i was drowning in fashion and materialistic things to describe myself, (all my belongings now fit into one bag!) and i became vegan, I quit drinking and smoking, i started many creative projects i had been dreaming on for years, the end of 2009 brought me to this gypsy state, i just moved out from my old place on the 1st of this year, i now dont have a home and share company with friends, I further decided that what i knew of relationships wasnt my own truth and i dont believe in a soul mate and being with one person, but i will be with someone until i'm unhappy, so who knows maybe someone out there will again spend a significant time in my life but i'm no longer deciding to stay with someone just for the sake of saying that were on year *insert # here*. i plan to continue this and further develop my independence and grow a large garden in my parents yard, i'm completely happy. I didnt know myself before 2009, and i can now say i am a new person and a real self and more sure of my heart and i'm very happy and proud of myself.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by hautmess]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I changed quite a lot, myself, this last year.
In the past two years I've had 5 family members die, all from different things and at different times.

Before their deaths, I often contemplated death/dying/and what comes next. Not quite satisfied with my homegrown viewpoint (I was raised christian), but not sure where else to look for answers.

After the death of each family member, my fears and obsession with death just escalated. I found myself searching for answers, reassurance, something.....and stumbled across ATS in the process.

I lurked, just reading and searching, until the fall of last year, when I finally joined.

It was about the same time that my grandmother, whom I loved dearly, died suddenly.

I don't know why, but after she died, my obsession with death....well, it ended. I can't say that I 'found' any answers, but suddenly the question seemed less important, somewhow.

Can you elaborate on the changes you went through?

Happy New Year!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Alot of people were forced to change over the past year.

People lost jobs, but learned new spending habits. You couldnt afford a vacation, so you spent time with your family.

Nothing bad happened to me, but I grew as a person, definitely.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Edit = reply about my change moved into my 1st post

[edit on 3-1-2010 by hautmess]

new topics

top topics

join