It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting The 1994 Nellis Air Force Base UFO Video

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Thank you for the thread Maybe...Maybe Not. I had actually not seen this footage before. It is interesting and needs more attention.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Very nice thread, this is why I love ATS. I hope all of you hard hitters haven't ran away because of the influx of newbies. This is what ATS is all about.

Nice work on trying to figure out if it was a UAV or helicopter. All the analysis you guys have done honestly only points to 2 things. A secret military aircraft that we have no knowledge of. Or that it is an object that is out of this world.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
My opinion is that the recorded object was a UAV test vehicle equipped with "optical stealth" technologies, e.g. active illumination or active skin materials to alter reflectivity. This is a known area of military technology R&D for decades.

It may not be technologically possible to make something truly invisible (similarly radar-frequency low-observability certainly does NOT make it invisible, but lowers/changes patterns of reflectivityl), but it is likely possible to create an apparent image which will fool the optical targeting sensors in the latest generation of anti-aircraft missiles from a sufficient distance.

These sensors have to be able to distinguish authentic aircraft images in various angles and illuminations from ground / weather, etc, and fooling them is the military goal. Image recognition has been a longstanding area of research in the CS/machine learning/AI community for a while. The missiles are probably programmed with algorithms which are trained on positive (aircraft from various angles & illuminations) and negative (clutter/ground/clouds) examples. If the target can look---to a medium-resolution sensor---less like the positive examples the tracking algorithm may decide that it is looking at clouds or ground and lose lock-on.

It is possible that the filming of this object was an accident (forgot to shut down during a test) or was an experiment directed at the humans---the tracking station officers---to see what their reaction would be. If it's the second, it appears to be a success. Humans are harder to fool than targeting sensors.
edit on 24-10-2010 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
I don't have a clue as to what it is. Of course, if I had to venture a "guess" as to what it was, I would consider the fact it was near an AFB range and was possibly an aerial device that was used for missile tracking. It could be as mundane as a UAV quadcopter as I see 4 lobes.

The problem here is that the derived performance characteristics (speed, acceleration, deceleration, and rates of climb) far exceed that of any propeller-driven conventional craft. E.g., ~700 mph peak speed and ~9G peak acceleration. Only jets or rockets could do that, yet there is no evidence of these in the video. Also visually the object lacks any obvious streamlining, so how does it attain such high speeds and acceleration?

However, the controllers would, I assume, be informed of any missile testing that day.

Quite true, another problem with the conventional explanation. Over and over again the range controllers and central controllers express puzzlement over what the object is, yet the range is very tightly controlled and heavily monitored.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Stonesplitter

Stonesplitter.....

Now THAT'S some awesome footage right there.

Yep.....it's a bizarre vid.

The shape of that thing reminds me of the WWII photos of the Nazi "Bell" shaped craft.

I agree.....it does.

As per my earlier post, I also note there could be a little bit of a similarity in shape to the Kecksburg object.

en.wikipedia.org...

When i see this, i start thinking of the Antarctic expedition with Admiral Byrd, 1947 i think.

The Byrd material is also bizarre.

I know it's a sketchy kind of report but I still assume that these type of craft are military/Black Project, and if his story is correct....well at least the stuff they told us about, then these things are getting around with the new latest and greatest triangle shape these days.

Aaahhh.....triangles.....

Now there's an interesting topic!

By far one of the better U.F.O threads. S+F

I am very appreciative of your positive words.....thank you.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GUNSINWAR

I'm just going through this thread so apologies if this has already been covered, but...

Where does the no fly zone start with regards this air base?

Surely something this close would either already be invading the no fly zone, or so close someone would scramble jets to intercept it?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but this leads me to believe its authorised to be in that area, thus improving the chances of it being a scheduled flight or test flight from this specific base (and less likely to be a ET craft invading or checking out the base) .

edit on 26-10-2010 by ajax_andy because: Editted to make my point a little clearer

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Here are some tracking charts:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7596e46b0a78.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/659f3694b9ff.gif[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

Certainly a lot of information here, much to absorb. I have never seen this video so thank you for bringing it to my attention. Any official radars, cameras, STS missions or military sightings are the creme de le creme of ufo evidence in my books. No speculation with the range, altitude and distance here based on the link provided. Some well thought out math to give credence to the report. Unlike the Urzi stuff.

The chart you provided shows the object is traveling 130 miles a minute and is unlikely to be a helicopter. Even though I did think I saw something that resembled a chopper in the beginning. The speed just is too fast.

Secret technology? Maybe, seeing there was no defensive action taken but I'm no command sergeant. You can safely rule out kites, balloons, chinese lanterns or any other mundane explanation. This leaves 1 of two things. "Ours" or "Theirs" ?

Flagged

130 miles in a minute equates to... what 7800 miles per hour?

Is that correct? because if it is then its waaaaaaay beyond the capabilities of any helicopter thats for sure! (I even checked just to make sure).

However what confusses me about this is why on the transcripts do they say its moving slowly and then identify it as a helicopter? Surely they would know a chopper couldn't travel this quickly... or did it suddenly pick up pace after moving very slowly?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
Very interesting video.
I dont believe ive seen it before or have heard of this case.
Im interested to see where this thread go's.
Cheers

In that sense, it's a classic UFO!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Yes I agree... its definately there, its visual and radar confirmed, it doesn't seem to meet any known form despite looking like a helicopter at times (I say this because it doesn't the rest of the time and doesnt seem to behave as one either).

Its interesting to notice there aren't many debunkers in here and the reasons for that are:

1) Its there as per visual and radar confirmation
2) Your threads and posts are always very well considered... you are open to suggestion and leave out trivial facts that could be open to debate... i.e. you dont find a theory and then try and make the facts fit

I think this matches exactly the criteria of a "UFO" and I doubt it will ever be explained - but please keep trying .

edit on 26-10-2010 by ajax_andy because: To add some extra info

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ajax_andy

i disagree with you saying "there aren't many debunkers in here, that statement implies that us skeptical ones just come to places to debunk videos, that is totally untrue, most of the skeptical people just want to see good evidence and try to rule out all possible prosaic explanations before accepting the extraordinary, and they debunk the rubbish and things that can be explained, i think you will find that most of the people in this thread probably class themselves as "skeptical believers", i for one love this case and prefer to discuss decent material like this rather than constant videos of lanterns, planes etc...

thanks

rich

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
My opinion is that the recorded object was a UAV test vehicle equipped with "optical stealth" technologies, e.g. active illumination or active skin materials to alter reflectivity. This is a known area of military technology R&D for decades.

I agree that it has more characteristics of a probe than a manned vehicle. Unless "aliens" have a higher tolerance for (or lack of care about) comparatively rapid changes in speed and altitude, I can't imagine any living thing wanting to fly such an odd trajectory. Unless it's on a roller coaster, of course.

As for any kind of stealth technology at play here, if it was a test, it was a failed one, since the trackers got good radar and visual of it right away. It also jogged a bit toward the tracking station, as if it wanted to both look and be seen. That's not great stealth at work.

What I think of when it changes shades (not necessarily shape) is one of those little photometer things you see in science stores that looks like a little light bulb with black and white flags in it. When enough light shines on it, it spins around. It makes me wonder if somehow the propulsion and the shifting shades are linked to the direction its traveling and the position of the sun. Like the light was pushing it along, and the shady areas were steering it in some way by reducing or vectoring the thrust.

I would conjecture that it was an autonomous time probe, sent from the future to investigate something important, or maybe just to test. There didn't seem to have been anything important there to investigate in 1995. But I would assume that there will still be secret tests done at that spot in the future, and one of them might involve time travel. After all, wasn't the Time Tunnel supposed to be located in the Arizona desert?

Anyway, it would be nice if there was some way to follow up on what happened to it after it went off the scope. Was NORAD notified? They track everything, after all. I wonder where the hell it went.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
wow looks like some of the best evidence i've seen for aliens. Or the best evidence ive seen that the gov is really 20+ years a head of us and can do some amazing things but are holding us back. Either way why isn't this bigger? because we can't prove what exactly it is? The fact we know it real and something very advanced is so amazing! 17 years of nothing coming of it is very disheartening when were on the search for truth.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I have watched this video many times over the past couple of days and if the quality was better we would probably see a helicopter like the one posted earlier. The "rapid acceleration" and "sharp turns" are in my opinion just illusions caused by the movement of the camera.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

lets not delude ourselves..... its kermit

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

I'm not saying the object is a bug but the SPY-1 Radar system will pick up bugs. The operator doesn't see it because it's programmed out.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Has there been any new info on this case? I agree its not helpicopters..

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It's been over 20 years, so "To whom it may concern"

It's an experimental craft. "Optical Illusion " geometric solid with 12 faces and 14 corners, non aerodynamic and without wings or control surfaces. Eight independent high energy electric thrusters (appears as bright ball when on) in a corners of a cube pattern gives it "3D Cursor" flight characteristics with acceleration in any direction at any time. Construction material is coated nitinol (nickel titanium alloy aka memory metal). Self flying independent AAI and electronics package is identical to F117-A Nighthawk. No armaments or transponder. Orbital and Lunar capable. Answers to the name "Molly", if anyone cares.

In the video, on its maiden flight, the pod didn't know where it was and was flying slowly until it detected a radar site which it decided to investigate as a possible navigation beacon. It picked up the broadcasted video transmission from the camera and was essentially looking at itself. It momentarily sped up when detecting "missile locks" and after detecting a third one, it left the scene in a hurry.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join