Revisiting The 1994 Nellis Air Force Base UFO Video

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by errorist
Mind you, there was hardly any technology at hand back in 1994 to fake such a video, and even if there was how would one come up with something so bizarre looking? That's also what makes this particular vid so fasciniating; it defies all logic in the way it looks, moves and especially, how it shapeshifts.

Another odd thing about it is how it seems to appear out of the ground. Like it just popped into our reality out of the dirt. Hey, maybe it was traveling all the way through the Earth and just happened to emerge at that point. Very odd.

The WORST thing about it, however, is the anonymity problem. Nobody knows where it came from, so we got no witnesses, and nothing to verify that what is shown is actually what it purports to be. That's a huge problem, and ends up taking what might have been good evidence and puts it right into the garbage pile.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
reply to post by debrisfield

hi debrisfield, just a couple of questions because im not sure if ive missed something, were the two videos from the same day?

Rich,

It's impossible to say with certainty since there is no date stamp. However, if we assume they were, then they might be only about 45 minutes apart. End of the S-30 video is 23:20 Zulu or GMT or 3:20 PST (ends at 3:23). Start of the S-13 video is 00:06 Zulu or 4:06 PST.

Another problem is that we have no idea where S-13 is located because there are no landmarks, as is the case with S-30 (Black Mt. in background with double radar domes).

The S-30 video ends with the UFO about 2 miles to the west of S-30 and headed north at about 200 mph, altitude about 7500 above the camera and climbing. When we pick up the S-13 video, the UFO is now about 11,000 feet above the radar/camera, but moving west to east around helicopter speeds (typically ~90 mph), similar to the slow-moving speed at the beginning of the S-30 video (~40-60 mph).

if so could it possibly be the same object but the movements and flight characteristics just got over exaggerated in the S30 because of it going to manual tracking?

The S-13 video has complete radar tracking data and speed/trajectory is derived entirely from that. S-30 has only partial radar range data, so speed/trajectory is a combination of radar azimuth/elevation/range data and range data extrapolated from relative image size when radar range data is absent (with the size of the object when radar range data is present used as the baseline).

Data points are typically several seconds apart, so momentary jerkiness doesn't enter into it. In addition, there is averaging over multiple data points (running average) to minimize swings that might be created by the method of range calculation and uncertainties in azimuth and elevation.

The point here is that the calculated velocities and accelerations in the S-30 video have nothing to do with the jerkiness of the UFO in the image, which I think is almost entirely due to camera tracking error in a zoomed image.

A simple example is the object is about 10 miles away to the south at the beginning of S-30 and travels about 10 miles in 2 minutes as it passes west and then departs to the north. Thus average speed over an extended period is around 300 mph. Average speed alone rules out such things as balloons, helicopters, small planes, and most propeller planes. And to get the very high speeds and accelerations the data indicates with a conventional propulsion system would require either jets or rockets, yet neither seem to be in evidence (no trail, e.g.).

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by debrisfield

thanks for the great explanation debrisfield, that is what i didn't understand too well before, so yes now i understand the data better it does seem to rule out most of the simple explanations.

thanks

rich

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
When I first started here at ATS this was one of my first threads. www.abovetopsecret.com...
I saw this video years ago and have always believed it to be one of the best UFO videos of all time.
dragonridr was convinced it was a helicopter and pretty much shut the thread down with that argument. I found Martin Powells Great close ups and image enhancements and detailed flight path.homepage.ntlworld.com...
A must read on this account.
I'm still not convinced it was a helicopter.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Flyingfish.....

Martin Powells Great close ups and image enhancements and detailed flight path. homepage.ntlworld.com... A must read on this account.

I agree.....

I've looked at that in detail & posted it within the thread.

Dod you notice the other reports we linked to?

I'm still not convinced it was a helicopter.

I agree.....neither am I.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Nellis video
I know they are here, I have seen two myself. I did read 4 of the pages here and I agree it is one of the most puzzling videos yet. I have only 2 hrs researching this one so any questions answered would be appreciated - (ignoring all radio chatter for now.)

Did any of the actual pilots or controllers come forward and speak?

The tracking path of the UFO, speed and g-force charts- is that from stolen data too, or assumed from the flight path via the footage and data on the video?

I saw the YT where another ground station contractor said the cams are usually shut off during black ops. Say that this was the exception! How did the ground station contractor who smuggled this film out get access to the planes footage?

I haven't checked this out yet, but the camera was switched from auto to manual at cruising altitude. That would seem very abnormal.

I assume the smuggler was and is and or still missing. The time between the event and the released footage was enough to alter it.

Take off: a seemingly saucer shape appears and tracks alongside.

1:16 Fly crawling on the inner window- I can see 5 of the possible 6 legs, or appendages.

2:08 It might be the camera but the clouds are square and separate from each other. They stay squared of for 10 sec. before looking like clouds again (2:05 to 2:15)

2:12 The shadow to the right is 1/3 as big as the object and a very ((transparent)) gray. Looks like a normal shadow, but the sun is facing the camera?

2:22 Eats it's own shadow, and now is a dark black in between the outer shell- seems to study the plane. It then morphs into a cylinder shape as it comes closer. Then it re-morphs into the 4 dimensional ever changing (clear) blob, as the now black area is moved up down right and left (The zoom in shows 4 or 5 very dark craft windows) That would be counter productive in a morphing mass IMO.

It all ends right in the sun (black mass in the center with all sides brightly lit.) Typical-

This might not be unlike the all of the effort that was put into the making of the Patterson footage. The contractor had the time and money to do it.

Any factual reply's would really help me along with this.

:

edit on 23-9-2010 by Tribble because: I can't psell

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Your efforts on many post has not gone unnoticed. I appreciate and enjoy all your comments, but I feel your skepticism on this case is some what lacks.
I wonder why?
If this object is a helicopter, I would much more like your explanation.
Dig deep I know you know something but maybe not.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish

Your efforts on many post has not gone unnoticed. I appreciate and enjoy all your comments, but I feel your skepticism on this case is some what lacks. I wonder why? If this object is a helicopter, I would much more like your explanation. Dig deep I know you know something but maybe not.

Flyingfish.....

I feel your skepticism on this case is some what lacks.

Well, I guess that is possible in some sort of sense because I "like" the video.

However, I don't believe anything has been presented that is a strong match for the object.

I wonder why?

If anything, I don't want to see this one debunked.....I mean if this one goes, what video am I left with?

But.....

In the end.....if it goes.....it goes.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Tribble.....

Thank you for your detailed reply.

I will consider all of that in detail myself.....which will take a little time.....& then get back to you.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I like.However I trust that if anyone can debunk then you can sniff.
Underlying my user name "flyingfish".
Just a name- fish can't fly.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Before you attempt to answer try Mozart _Symphony #25 In G Minor.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This is also one of my favorite UFO videos. But after viewing the "Sightings" video, and seeing the "expert" video analysis they did, I felt a bit as though he left me wanting more. So, I downloaded the original footage, and did a bit of video enhancement myself just to see what might show up. Here's the video, and I'll explain exactly what I did to it.

Be sure to watch it at 720p in HD. (fullscreen if possible)

What did I do?

After watching the original footage, I downloaded it, then put it into Adobe After Effects Cs4. I selected a clip that seemed to show the clearest version of the object in question which was:

Time: 1:34:14 to 1:44:28

Then, I created a new composition at 1280x720 (for HD rendering purposes), and dropped the clip onto the timeline. Then I scaled the clip up to 1023.9%.
I applied a Time Stretch to part 1 of : 238.88891%

Here's the effects I applied to the enhancement section for both clips:
1. effect/color correction/curves - I pulled the red, blue, and green curves down and to the right about one grid square each.
2. effect/blur & sharpen/sharpen - Sharpen amount 17
3. effect/color correction/ levels - I changed the Input White to 255.0, the Gamma to 0.87, and the Output White to 215.0

For the second part or "zoom 2", I scaled the footage up to 2318.9%, and upped the Time Stretch to 790.17172%

Keeping the same effect chain for both parts of the enhanced footage for comparison. This certainly achieved some interesting effects.

I also took a couple of screenshot pics of the most interesting "zoom 2" portion:

I noticed how the shadows seemed to be curved as though the object might possibly be a cluster of spherical objects. And this shot is when the object is almost still and there's very little movement of camera or object.

A few frames later the object seems to morph a little, but from reviewing the footage it looks like the morph is caused by the captured movement of the pixels and the camera moving slightly.

Well, I hope this might help a bit!
It was certainly interesting and fun for me to do...gonna have to find some more vids to see what kind of stuff I can squeeze out of them. Cheers!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
By "original footage" I meant, the footage is from the youtube video, because I did not have access to the actual original footage. I did not add anything other than color correction and a slight bit of sharpening to the footage.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

AutOmatIc.....

Thank you for the work you put into your interesting videos.

What do you think is going with this Nellis "thing"?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

No problem, my curiosity is still peaked. I am currently reading over some of the best analysis I've found data wise concerning this particular incident here:

roswellproof.homestead.com...

I figured I would do some more digging into details before attempting to form an opinion on this one.
Though it seems to be extremely similar to a few other multi-orb sightings found here:

brumac.8k.com...

www.rense.com...

...so far a most intriguing case, and not typical of most sauceresque shaped ones.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
I just covered that time issue in my last post.

Could be the Moon... that film looks more like FLIR type footage to me...

At 1:38 "I don't know what the hell that is..." unless of course the voices are added by the youtuber...

Anyone see a transcript? (I haven't looked at all the pages of the backup story yet)

Lots of voices some sound like radio transmission... I would focus on getting that sound cleaned up. I will also see if I can get someone to do a motion tracking on this one

Thanks WWM nice to see you posting some good stuff. This one slipped past my radar

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon.....

Thanks for joining our discussion.

Upon further review of the info herein, you may find some interesting material.

I note that Internos posted a transcript.

I look forward to your commentary & further discussion.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe nnot

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yup I found stuff Just didn't have time to read it all yet

Okay found the sound track and transcript
www.freewebz.com...

Be back later

So what ever happened to Internos anyway? Aliens abduct him or something?

edit on 11-10-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I've seen this video a few times over the years.

If it wasn't for the darned sun reflecting off of the object, we could get a better view of the actual shape. I had often thought this object reminded me of something, Then i remember these little guys. Centuries old, pre-columbian gold artifacts that resemble modern aircraft.

source and more info on these --> forgetomori.com...
edit on 11-10-2010 by phrankie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Okay found the sound track and transcript
www.freewebz.com...

Here's a more complete set of transcripts, comparing 3 versions:
roswellproof.com...

Tbe second Nellis video/transcripts from S13 site:
roswellproof.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join