It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting The 1994 Nellis Air Force Base UFO Video

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

hi draknoir2, was the video better quality and any clearer on the t.v?

thanks

rich

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

hi draknoir2, was the video better quality and any clearer on the t.v?

thanks

rich

Well, it was on a 42" flat screen, so it was a bit better than youtube.

The object still seemed to "morph", but I think that might just be an optical illusion caused by the blur and the object changing orientation. There was one shot that was pretty clear... you could almost do a drawing from it. It sure as hell didn't look like a helicopter or anything else the general public is used to seeing.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

ok, thanks, i agree thats its not a helicopter and probably not something that the general public has seen, and yes i think we are getting a lot of optical illusion caused by movement, sunlight and the poor quality of the video, but im not convinced that we are seeing anything of alien origin due to all the reasons ive already stated.

but as always i could be wrong and this subject is always impossible to prove either way, that will only happen if or when an alien craft lands or crashes in a highly populated area in full view of lots of witnesses.

thanks

rich

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Since it was at Nellis, I'm inclined to believe that it's one of our military experimental flights.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think I'm remembering the Scorpion name from a game actually...here's another pic of a similar copter...but it's a pretty generic type.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d31af1aed297.jpg[/atsimg]mages/AIR_AH-6_Little_Bird_Display_lg.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

yes, there are a lot of helicopter's of that particular style, wasn't one nicknamed "little bird" or something, im sure bell made a very popular helicopter in that style and configuration.

edit: oops i now see that photo says "little bird" !!!, didn't notice it first time! lol

thanks

rich

[edit on 10-5-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'm just saying watch the video, with this chopper in mind... you can almost even see the distinctive tail fins, and at one point, the main rotors.... Whether edited later, or just an optical effect of the sun, it seems to clearly be a chopper to me, initially in the video...but to each his/her own....

Yep, it's the MH-6 Little Bird, made by MD...looked a lot like that Scorpion chopper pic I posted earlier though, didn't it?

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

you could well be right, i just watched the video again a couple of times and at first it just seems to be a very normal helicopter and although it seems to be flying backwards or sideways it seems to have the matching flight characteristics of a helicopter until it changes shape then it starts to move about erratically and seems to be far too manoeuvrable for a helicopter so it could well have been edited in some way but obviously its impossible to say without having the original video for analysis, and i have no idea what analysis has been done so far to determine its authenticity and if its been edited or tampered with in any way.

thanks

rich

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Here's a follow up "Sightings" video very kindly sent to me by Easynow:

Thanks mate

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Easynow also sent me this "Hard Copy" show about this case:

Thanks again, Easynow

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
Here's a follow up "Sightings" video very kindly sent to me by Easynow:

Thanks mate

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Curious if that is kind of like the nazi bell (and that craft that crashed in Keckburg that was reportedly shaped like a Bell/Acorn)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, trained observer????? Trained in observing what cos it clearly wasnt that video. A Helicopter, i think thats the worst explanation that can be given to that video.

I'm totally amazed at how people can make such stupid remarks and actually believe that's what it is.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

-Blackout-.....

Curious if that is kind of like.....that craft that crashed in Keckburg that was reportedly shaped like a Bell/Acorn

Good thought

I agree there is a general resemblance in shape:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d4e493c7ec1.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This is a little similar:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec52d756f927.jpg[/atsimg]

moreufo.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
i gotta say that was in that video is most definately NOT a helicopter. i work on helicopters and around them and from 2 miles away you wouldn't see more of just a speck if it was a little bird. most helicopters are pretty tiny looking from 2 miles away and from that video is have to say that whatever is in that is pretty close to the size of a CH-53. i'm not saying its a 53 but its similar in size

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sNaFu

Definitely NOT a helicopter. Even the range operators state definitely not a helicopter as the object gets closer.

Here is what it looks like at closest approach (2 miles away), traveling to the right at about 200 mph and climbing:

Here's a graph of its bizarre up and down velocities (reaches 700+ mph) and its ability to go into steep climbs:

Definitely NOT a helicopter. More graphs at:

roswellproof.com...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by debrisfield

In that clip you can clearly see bilateral symmetry. It's not "morphing" but rather changing orientation.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

it seems to have the matching flight characteristics of a helicopter until it changes shape then it starts to move about erratically and seems to be far too manoeuvrable for a helicopter

Camera movement could account for this.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND…..

Thank you…..I am really enjoying our discussion about this fascinating case

I also apologise for my delayed reply. I like to wait until I can sit down & focus properly before I reply in this thread & that's not always easy around here.....let's start with the teenage daughters who take the "supermodel" approach to life & who view Dad as their slave.....

hi mmn, ive been at this for most of the day,

Yes…..it’s a very interesting video that ”get’s you in!”

ive watched tons of videos on uav's and have been looking through all sorts of helicopter's and various other things and although im struggling to find a match from the right time, i still think it has an earthly and military explanation, and even more so now that ive looked into this a bit more.

I agree that we cannot exclude an ”Earthly” explanation for this object.

my reasoning is based on my earlier post and a couple more things, just to reiterate: nellis a.f.b is one of the highest security bases on this planet, and due to the nature of things that go on their i find it quite impossible to believe that any foreign/alien craft could breach its airspace

If it was an alien spacecraft, we don’t know what it was capable of.

without even an attempt at an intercept

Perhaps they did not feel it was a military threat.

If they thought it was an alien craft, perhaps they felt it was unwise to shoot a missile or attempt an intercept.

let alone casually fly about for 40+minutes.

This is where I have gap in my understanding (such that it is
) of this case…..

Where is the reference to the 40 mins flight & observation?

now going by your flight speed estimation the object has a cruise speed of up to 207 knots which = 238 mph, while this is up there with the fastest of helicopter speeds its not above maximum and is well within our capability heres some sources on helicopter max speed and theory: www.helis.com... www.aerospaceweb.org...

Whilst intuitively I agree the HC performance capabilities seem a reasonable match, none of the contemporary HC’s suggested as perhaps being the object, match the object’s performance characteristics.

also while this object is highly manoeuvrable it is also within our capability i believe and would also be an easy shootdown for most high end air to air or surface to air missiles of that era in my opinion so thats another reason why i think it was a flight test of something that the base had full knowledge of.

If it was an alien craft, we have no idea of its capabilities & therefore we don’t know if it could have been shot down.

one question i have for you is the difference between the speeds you gave and the speeds on GUNSINWAR's map. is your speed an average or a maximum it gained in the video?.

I am basing all my comparisons on the estimations in the original report that I posted, as follows:

homepage.ntlworld.com...

homepage.ntlworld.com...

homepage.ntlworld.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did this because the performance estimates are more conservative than those in the video.

but even going by GUNSINWAR's map and data which gives us a top speed of 647 mph which although quick and well beyond a helicopter max is still not out of our capability as shown by various vtol planes like the harrier and proposed vtol F-35. although obviously manoeuvrability comes into question with those.

If we base our comparisons on those more higher speed estimates, we must then exclude almost all contemporary ”Earthly” options & the whole case becomes even more exciting.

is it possible the camera movement exaggerate`s the manoeuvrability and speed of the object as pointed out by hande?.

I thought about that some time back…..

I think the automated, mounted nature of the camera system probably minimises that…..perhaps a military camera ”expert’ might jump in here to agree or disagree with my comment.

However, even if the camera does exaggerate the movement of the object, we still have the radar data to confirm the flight path & performance of the object.

and just out of interest, what are your personal thoughts/conclusions do you think this is military or unknown?

I must say I still class it as an ”unknown”.

…..& very importantly, we must remember there is still a chance the whole video is a fabrication because the source of the video has never been specifically identified & validated.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Ahh... This was a good one.
I do not buy the heli explanation becasue to me it clearly is not. This was 1994 and while that does not rule out CGI, CGI was not that good at that time. I believe this one to be legit myself.
If i were to hoax this i would have to build a set and then get something to dangle on a string and keep moving. It would not be hard but it would be a lot of work. Hoaxes that take a lot of work always get exposed as the people want the recognition. Like the Alien Autopsy and Spain UFO.
If this was a hoax job it was a pretty good one.
The only thing about this that does not seem right to me is the sky, but i do not know what kind of camera or film they were using so i do not have anything to compare it to but it just looks off.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join