It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting The 1994 Nellis Air Force Base UFO Video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This is a very interesting case. This certainly doesn't look like a helicopter or UAV. As internos says, I hope that one day we can authenticate the video.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haftu Fokuss
This is a very interesting case. This certainly doesn't look like a helicopter or UAV. As internos says, I hope that one day we can authenticate the video.

G'day Haftu Fokuss

The accompanying reports as per my original post suggest the UAV option cannot be completely excluded.

The video authentication issue is paramount, as per internos.

We don't really know where to go next, for such authentication.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Very good MMN. I am analyzing video as much as I can. I don't know who the two in the video talking are but if you have info that would help. At around 1:15 one asks What is that? and the second says I don't know. I don't know how much help this is and sorry for bumping an old thread but I have never seen this vid and it is quite spectacular. I have watched it three times and am heading toward the 4th with my earphones on.

PS I prefer the Elvis Avi instead of the Rosie.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian

Very good MMN. I am analyzing video as much as I can. I don't know who the two in the video talking are but if you have info that would help. At around 1:15 one asks What is that? and the second says I don't know. I don't know how much help this is and sorry for bumping an old thread but I have never seen this vid and it is quite spectacular. I have watched it three times and am heading toward the 4th with my earphones on.

PS I prefer the Elvis Avi instead of the Rosie.

G'day ventian

It's an extremely interesting video, isn't it?

Have a look at Internos' transcript on the previous page.

He notes they are "controllers".....beyond that, I have no detail.

I will be extremely interested to hear any thoughts you might have

.......& I'm still "swinging" with the Avy's

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I can't pick up much without some sound filtering technology but it sounds like the people in the vid cannot identify it. This would certainly rule out helicopter or bug since there is plenty of daylight. It wouldn't rule out some sort of secret military craft or even remote controlled craft at the time. If anyone knows where i can get some good freeware for sound filtering it would be a great help. I think it is vital to know exactly what they are saying.

I see that with the avy's. Being 24 it is sad that I know everyone you have thrown up there. But I was raised an elvis fan and the only tv i got to watch on a mountain were old shows on video tape so eh. Kinda impartial to that Mars Attacks one though. It was kickin!

[edit on 2-4-2010 by ventian]

[edit on 2-4-2010 by ventian]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Ventian.....

I've posted Internos' transcription again here for convenience.

As per Internos
Posted on 5-1-2010 @ 20:45

Here, i'll post the links to the soundtracks and the transcription:
i'll also post some screen-capture in syncro with the transcription, that could help to make better the point.

23:20:37
------------
VIDEO COMMENCES

23:20:41
External Controller
"[unintelligible] ... point zero at this time."

23:20:43
Male Controller
"Its a helicopter!"

23:20:45
Female Controller
"Aaah!"

23:20:48
Male Controller
"That's why its so slow."

23:20:49
Female Controller
"Might be some kind of debris."

23:20:52
Female Controller
"It's not much more than a round dot, but it looks different to most dots."

23:21:10

[BREAK IN SOUNDTRACK]

23:21:11
External Controller
"[unintelligible] ..two zero...one one zero level, okay...ing North at

this time."

23:21:23
Female Controller
"Got any ideas what it is?"

23:21:24
Male Controller
"I got a helo!"

23:21:26
Female Controller
"You've got a helicopter?"

23:21:27
Male Controller
"Yeah - can't get a result on these things!"

23:21:29
External Controller
"[unintelligible]... two five two ...[unintelligible]"

23:21:34
Male Controller
"I don't know what the hell that is - that's a helo, isn't it?"

23:21:39
Male Controller
"[chuckle] ... What is that? I don't know! ... I've no idea!"

23:21:42
External Controller
"[unintelligible] ... flight level ... [unintelligible simultaneous talking]"

23:21:47
Female Controller
"Looks like one. Right up high now, goin' like .. straight up!"

23:21:53
Male Controller
"Its a balloon, ain't it? I don't know what the hell that is, man!"

23:21:58
Female Controller
"I think it's a helicopter."

23:22:00
Male Controller
"[unintelligible] ... forget it! ... data on him."

23:22:04
Female Controller
"Straight up, boy!"

23:22:05
Male Controller
"I'm outta here!"

23:22:06
Female Controller
"Oh, okay."

23:22:07
Male Controller
"What the hell is it? ... I'm gonna lose it in the sun, [unintelligible]"

23:22:19
Male Controller
[unintelligible]

23:22:21
Female Controller
"Call sign?"

23:22:23
Male Controller
"Err ... I don't even know what it is!"

23:22:26
Female Controller
[unintelligible]

23:22:28
Male Controller
"Must be at eleven thousand feet a minute." (?)

23:22:33
Female Controller
"It's weird-lookin'!"

23:22:34
Male Controller
[unintelligible]

23:22:40
[? DOOR CREAKING]

23:22:41
External Controller
"[unintelligible] .. non-FLIR!" (?)

23:22:47
External Controller
"Non-FLIR!" (?)

23:22:54
Female Controller
"See him?" (?)

23:22:57
External Controller
"[unintelligible] ... non-FLIR, non-FLIR!" (?)
[Note: FLIR = Forward-Looking Infrared radar]

23:23:05
Female Controller
"See him?" (?)

23:23:14
------------
SOUNDTRACK ENDS

=================================
Also a description of the above timeline can be found here:
roswellproof.homestead.com...
A comprehensive article about general informations, background, location and time can be found here:

An article with analysis and graphs can be found here:

An article proposing as location of the sighting of the S-30 footage the Tolichna Peak Electronic Combat Range, can be found here:
www.ufomind.com...

And it seems that the author of the article linked in the OP, has positively identified the location of the footage as the black mountain, Nevada:

Anyway, they ASSUMED it was some helicopter only while it looked like a dot, and don't as well as they've assumed that it could have been some DEBRIS, then a BALLOON, and all this within three minutes

According to what we see and hear, and assuming that the footage is legit, I can't imagine anything more Unidentified Flying Object than this one.
Thanks again,

internos

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Thanks MMN. I looked at em and definitely am going to spend some more time looking into them but I gotta hit the hay right now. Very good pics and transcripts, thanks again. I will see ya on later. Hopefully this thread picks up some newcomers like myself. This is by far the most fascinated I have been since my last RL sighting.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Ventian

Thanks mate.....

I enjoy discussing this one

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Compare this image:

With this other one:

What do you see?

Yeah... the UFO is a popcorn!

We can see in the video an small roundish thing that goes in all directions with an strange behavior, next it begin to popping up some whitish fluffy things, looking a lot like a popcorn.

Do you get it? The UFO and the POPCORN, they are the same!

And if you still have doubt, check this video:

Is AMAZING the similarities, don't you think?

PS: I know what I said IS crazy, it was intended to be, because when I saw the end of the video my mind interpreted the UFO as a popcorn... maybe because I am hungry?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by One Step Beyond...

Oh.....you're a clever guy!

The Nellis Air Force Base popcorn!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Here are some tracking charts:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7596e46b0a78.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/659f3694b9ff.gif[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

Certainly a lot of information here, much to absorb. I have never seen this video so thank you for bringing it to my attention. Any official radars, cameras, STS missions or military sightings are the creme de le creme of ufo evidence in my books. No speculation with the range, altitude and distance here based on the link provided. Some well thought out math to give credence to the report. Unlike the Urzi stuff.

The chart you provided shows the object is traveling 130 miles a minute and is unlikely to be a helicopter. Even though I did think I saw something that resembled a chopper in the beginning. The speed just is too fast.

Secret technology? Maybe, seeing there was no defensive action taken but I'm no command sergeant. You can safely rule out kites, balloons, chinese lanterns or any other mundane explanation. This leaves 1 of two things. "Ours" or "Theirs" ?

Flagged

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

FlySolo.....

It's a very interesting case.

I will be very interested to know of any further thoughts you might have upon further review of this case.

Once again, I apologise for the graphics files that have been replaced with the "FU" graphic......I confirm I have written to the ATS management team about this.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Very interesting video.
I dont believe ive seen it before or have heard of this case.
Im interested to see where this thread go's.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
Very interesting video.
I dont believe ive seen it before or have heard of this case.
Im interested to see where this thread go's.
Cheers

FoxMulder91.....

It's hard to know where this thread will go because the video is so unusual.

As per my opening comments.....

It's one of the extremely rare videos that is able to withstand scrutiny.

In that sense, it's a classic UFO!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
hi all, i apologise in advance if what im about to say turns out to be ridiculous or has already been mentioned/disproved as ive just come across this thread, its almost 7am, ive been awake most of the night and im in a rush and haven't had chance to read through everything. but ill have a say anyway, could this object possibly be a sikorsky cypher uav?.

thanks

rich

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
hi all, i apologise in advance if what im about to say turns out to be ridiculous or has already been mentioned/disproved as ive just come across this thread, its almost 7am, ive been awake most of the night and im in a rush and haven't had chance to read through everything. but ill have a say anyway, could this object possibly be a sikorsky cypher uav?.
thanks
rich

RICH-ENGLAND.....

Thanks for your thoughts.....I really enjoy discussing this case

I thought about the Sikorsky Cypher & posted this picture on P1

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/516c2f57be34.jpg[/atsimg]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here’s a YT video of the Sikorsky Cypher:

Wikipaedia states the following:

CYPHER

In the late 1980s, Sikorsky Aircraft flew a small UAV named "Cypher", with coaxial rotors inside a torus-shaped airframe. The torus shroud improved handling safety and helped increase lift. The first proof-of-concept Cypher was 1.75 meters (5.75 feet) in diameter and 55 centimeters (1.8 feet) tall, weighed 20 kilograms (43 pounds), and was first flown in the summer of 1988. This design was powered by a four-stroke, 2.85 kW (3.8 hp) engine and was mounted on a truck for forward-flight tests.

It led to a true flight prototype Cypher that weighed 110 kilograms (240 pounds), had a diameter of 1.9 meters (6.2 feet) and was powered by a compact, 40 kW (53 hp) rotary engine. After an initial free flight in 1993, the Cypher prototype was used in flight tests and demonstrations through most of the 1990s, ultimately leading to a next-generation design, the Cypher II, which was a competitor in the United States Navy VT-UAV competition.

The single prototype first flew in April 1992 and flew untethered in 1993. Since then, over 550 demonstration flights have been made for the US government.
The Cypher can carry a sensor package on struts above its hull, or can transport loads weighing up to 50 lb (23 kg).

CYPHER II

Two Cypher II prototypes have been built for the US Marine Corps, which calls the UAV "Dragon Warrior". The Cypher II is similar in size to its predecessor, but has a pusher propeller in addition to its rotor and can be fitted with wings for long-range reconnaissance missions. In its winged configuration, the Cypher II has a range of over 185 kilometers (115 miles) and a top speed of 230 km/h (145 mph). It is unclear if the Cypher will enter into production.

GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS

Crew: None
Capacity: 50 lb (23 kg)
Length: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Rotor diameter: 4 ft 0 in (1.22 m)
Height: 2 ft 0 in (0.61 m)
Disc area: 25.2 ft² (2.4 m²)
Loaded weight: 264 lb (120 kg)
Max takeoff weight: 300-340 lb (136-154 kg)
Powerplant: 1× UAV Engines AR801 Wankel rotary engine, 50 hp (37 kW)
Performance
Maximum speed: 52 knots (60 mph, 97 km/h)
Range: 49-67 nm (56-77 mi, 90-125 km) depending on model
Service ceiling: 8,000 ft (2,440 m)
Disc loading: 9.9 lb/ft² (47.5 kg/m²)
Power/mass: 0.2 hp/lb (0.32 kW/kg)
Endurance: 2-3 hours

AVIONICS
EO, FLIR, small radars, chemical detectors and magnetometers, radio relay, and non-lethal payloads

en.wikipedia.org...

The report I posted provides estimates of size that do not correlate with the dimensions of the Sikorsky Cipher which are 1.8m x 0.61m:

OBJECT SIZE

Any attempts to estimate the object's size are complicated because of the uncertainty of its distance throughout most of the S-30 footage. However, for the purposes of this exercise it is reasonable to assume that the range data is accurate when the object is between 12795m and 11705m from the tracking station. Since this occurs before the camera zooms in, and the width of one degree in azimuth is known, the object's height can be estimated by triangulation, and is found to be 8.7m ± 2.5. The object does not present a clear side or front view during the early period of the footage, so these dimensions were estimated from carefully selected still shots, using the height as a starting point.

Its length was found to be 11.6m ± 3.5 and its width was 12.3m ± 3.7.

homepage.ntlworld.com...

The report I posted provides performance estimates that also do not correlate with the performance of the Sikorsky Cipher which has a maximum speed of 52 knots:

VELOCITY AND RATE OF CLIMB
The average ground speed across the entire profile is 189 knots, and the average airspeed is 200 knots. During the accurate stretch of range data (i.e. between 23:21:08 and 23:21:13) the object's speed is around 43 knots, explaining why the operators think it is "so slow" at that time. It accelerates gradually as it approaches the tracking station, but particularly so after it levels out after the climb at around 23:22:30. Its 'cruising' air speed probably lies between 173 and 207 knots. There is no clear evidence that the UFO achieves an exceptionally high speed at any point in the S-30 footage.
homepage.ntlworld.com...

Therefore despite the “vintage” of the Sikorsky Cipher being a reasonable match, as with all other suggested options there appear to problems pertaining to the Sikorsky Cipher option.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

hi mmn, thanks for reply, as i said earlier i didn't have time to read the thread before posting so apologies for missing the picture and stuff. usually i will study a thread and whatever links have been posted before i post anything but this time i just watched the vid and skipped to the end to post before i went out.

the moment i watched the video i instantly thought of the cypher because it just seemed to fly in a very very similar way, i first came across the cypher years ago on the video game metal gear solid and then looked it up online to see if it was a real vehicle because ive always been interested in these subjects and id not seen or heard of it before at that time.

and again sorry if this next question is silly or has been covered but i really dont have time to study the thread at the moment or do any research, but could it be a cypher derivative or similar uav?.

ill study all the info sometime later and do a little research myself because i also find this a very interesting video and case and would love to discuss it further if i can come up with anything.

thanks

rich

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND.....

hi mmn, thanks for reply

You are always very welcome

as i said earlier i didn't have time to read the thread before posting so apologies for missing the picture and stuff. usually i will study a thread and whatever links have been posted before i post anything but this time i just watched the vid and skipped to the end to post before i went out.

No problem at all…..I very much enjoy discussing this case.

and again sorry if this next question is silly or has been covered but i really dont have time to study the thread at the moment or do any research, but could it be a cypher derivative or similar uav?.

That’s always possible…..

You know…..you’be just tweeked a thought here……

Perhaps I should also post this video in the aircraft forum, like I did with the following 2 threads about the same object:

UFO forum thread:

Aircraft forum thread:

ill study all the info sometime later and do a little research myself because i also find this a very interesting video and case and would love to discuss it further if i can come up with anything.

I look forward to that

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
This video is definitely one that has stood the test of time these last few years. To this day I have yet to hear an explanation of what the object might be.
It's truly fascinating.

I want to go on record and say that around that time, according to reports, the US were experimenting with hybrid technology. I have a gut feeling that this was a test flight recorded for an agenda that we were not privvy to. Most probably funding from the white house.

I personally have seen a craft like this (i.e the way it moves) and the question you have to ask yourself is why keep it a secret after all this time? either its ours (human) or its not.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Franspeakfree.....

I want to go on record and say that around that time, according to reports, the US were experimenting with hybrid technology.

Do you mean hybrid human + alien technology?

If so, can you provide any sources of further detail regarding the reports you mention?

I have a gut feeling that this was a test flight recorded for an agenda that we were not privvy to. Most probably funding from the white house.

Within the context of the hybrid technology, that could make sense.

I personally have seen a craft like this

I would be extremely interested to know more about that, if you feel inclined to write about it.

and the question you have to ask yourself is why keep it a secret after all this time? either its ours (human) or its not.

Well, we all wonder about that a lot....exactly what IS being kept secret?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join