It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PositiveID's Share Price is Linked to the Health Care Reform Bill - & the number 666 (9/9/9)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
G'day ATS,

I was thinking today about the ongoing Health Care Reform debate in the US and our old friends PositiveID (formerly Verichip).

I got to wondering if there may be indicators in the share price or the behaviour of this company that might point to a foreknowledge of the use of RFID chips in the Bill that will surely eventually be passed.

Here's what I found, which I find intriguing.

First, Obama kicked off the debate in earnest with a speech in front of a joint session of Congress on Wednesday the 9th of September, following a 'warm up' speech to AFL-CIO members in Cincinnati on Monday 7th, 2009.

Obama Begins Critical Week for Health Care Reform with Cincinnati Stop

President Barack Obama kicked off a critical week for his health care reform effort with a Labor Day speech Monday to AFL-CIO members in Cincinnati. The president is aiming to refocus a debate that analysts say spun out of his control last month.

In his speech, the president told the cheering crowd "the time is now" for healthcare reform.

The speech Obama read to Congress can be found HERE.

I think it's fair to say that the debate regarding this issue really took of with this speech, and the details of the public insurance plan that Obama put forward publicly for the first time also were important:

Now, I have no interest in putting insurance companies out of business. They provide a legitimate service, and employ a lot of our friends and neighbors. I just want to hold them accountable. The insurance reforms that I've already mentioned would do just that. But an additional step we can take to keep insurance companies honest is by making a not-for-profit public option available in the insurance exchange. Let me be clear – it would only be an option for those who don't have insurance. No one would be forced to choose it, and it would not impact those of you who already have insurance. In fact, based on Congressional Budget Office estimates, we believe that less than 5% of Americans would sign up.

Now this speech on the 9th of September, curiously coincided with a huge spike in the share price of Verichip!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d7009dc4103.png[/atsimg]

It jumped over %600 in the days immediately following that speech!

However it wasn't just that speech that was responsible for the jump.

AND MIGHT I ADD THAT THE SPEECH, AND THE FOLLOWING ANNOUNCEMENT WERE MADE ON 9/9/9.....666!!!!

There was another decision made either as, or just before this time!

MoreRFID

[09/09/09] THIS FREAKS ME OUT!
VeriChip Corporation ("VeriChip"), a provider of RFID systems for healthcare and patient-related needs, and Steel Vault Corporation ("Steel Vault"), a premier provider of identity security products and services, announced that VeriChip has agreed to acquire Steel Vault and form PositiveID Corporation to offer identification tools and technologies for consumers and businesses. In conjunction with the merger, VeriChip plans to change its name to PositiveID and continue to trade on the NASDAQ. PositiveID intends to change its ticker symbol to "PSID" upon closing of the transaction.

The formation of PositiveID represents the convergence of a pioneer in personal health records, VeriChip, with a leader in the identity security space, Steel Vault, focused on access and security of a consumer's critical data. The companies believe that joining personal health records and identity security solutions provides a solid foundation for organic growth and a strong, flexible platform for future offers.

So on the day Obama declares there WILL be a Public Health Care Option, Verichip announces the agreement to merge with Steel Vault, and on 9/9/9 no less, a very bad omen surely!

So the debate continued, the Bill eventually going to the House of Representatives where it had to be watered down, eliminating the Public Option, however:

The House of Representatives passed a health care reform bill by a vote of 220-215 on November 7, 2009. Currently the fate of the bill rests on the Senate. The legislation once included changes that would give the government the power to negotiate policy premiums and to provide a public option, but in an effort to acquire the necessary votes to prevent a Republican filibuster the public option was eliminated from the bill. This would have given citizens the option to buy into public programs like Medicare for which current members pay only $96.40 monthly. Instead the bill now requires that all American's purchase private health insurance or be subject to fines.

November 7th, and guess what follows a few days later?

FORM 8-K POSITIVEID CORPORATION

Date of Report (Date of earliest event reported): November 10, 2009

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2262966ddf9d.png[/atsimg]

Surely this:

Instead the bill now requires that all American's purchase private health insurance

...is far better for business compared to the public option. All it takes is Insurance Companies to insist on mandatory RFID chips storing medical records - or no cover - and PositiveID has billions of dollars in potential profits.

This can be shown with another spike in share price at the same time in November.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a027dd18ff28.png[/atsimg]

One last point of interest, the Senate passed the Bill on 24th of December 2009:

Senate passes health care reform bill: 60-39 vote gives President Obama early Christmas gift December 24th 2009

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34bf14ca0f92.png[/atsimg]

As we can see the share price of PositiveID spiked precisely at that moment..

I think it's safe to say that someone somewhere knows that the future of PositiveID is inextricably tied to the future of this Health Care Reform Bill.

In conclusion, Verichip KNEW that Obama's speech signalled the go ahead for the RFID, so they immediately acquired a medical records company, the share price shot threw the roof at both of these announcements.

Then, as soon as the bill cleared the House of Reps. they immediately completed the transaction, did they know that the Senate would pass it, did they have foreknowledge of this?

At every stage of the legislative process, every time there's a forward movement, there's a spike in the share price of PositiveID. No coincidence, and it isn't as if PositiveID is involved in other Medical Technologies, their website states that they are primarily involved with RFID chips.

An integral part of the foundation of PositiveID is its radio-frequency identification (RFID) implantable microchip for patient identification, the VeriChip. The company's RFID microchip traces back to the events of September 11, 2001, when New York firemen wrote their badge ID numbers on their chests in case they were found injured or unconscious. It was evident there was a serious need for personal information in emergency situations and the product, modeled after a similar microchip used in pets, evolved from there. The company received FDA clearance for the microchip in October 2004.

I think we need to be very careful of this company, and this Bill.

All the best ATS! Kiwifoot!

[edit on 3-1-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Nice work!

I,too,have been watching this take place.

With the stimulus money were funds to digitize everyone's medical records,and from there on,it becomes more obvious all the time what is intended.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
So if you got some cash to invest , put your money in it !

damn i hate to see things like this at our neighborhood. And i hope our leader will not do same here.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
IMO

If there was knowledge of this technology being utilized without a doubt, wouldn't the stock be more stable???

I think the fact that it dropped so dramatically after 666 might indicate the spike was
a speculative attempt by people that cascaded and failed.

Other wise these insiders lost a nice chunk of change provided they did not buy all that volume at once, which does not appear to be the case.

Now if these number spike and hold - then its game on - think about it, the goal is to make money right?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
IMO

If there was knowledge of this technology being utilized without a doubt, wouldn't the stock be more stable???

I think the fact that it dropped so dramatically after 666 might indicate the spike was
a speculative attempt by people that cascaded and failed.

Other wise these insiders lost a nice chunk of change provided they did not buy all that volume at once, which does not appear to be the case.

Now if these number spike and hold - then its game on - think about it, the goal is to make money right?

Hey bud, cheers for the post, I considered that too, until I saw the December 24th spike, that anomaly made me think that this wasn't just market reaction firstly to the announcement of the merger, and then the merger itself.

Why would a Bill being passed result in an %30 increase in the share price of a company that makes RFID chips?

But I do appreciate and acknowledge that you could be right! Gotta balance my craziness out!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
Nice work!

I,too,have been watching this take place.

With the stimulus money were funds to digitize everyone's medical records,and from there on,it becomes more obvious all the time what is intended.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for that mate!

I think the next few months will be interesting, to see if the share value reaches the highs seen just after the 999 announcement.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

You also have to keep in mind whether or not these chips are safe for implantation in humans.

Verichips causing cancer in pets?

I wonder how many safety trials have been run and how bad the company skewed the results? It doesn't look like they looked to hard before implanting them in pets.

edit for spellin

[edit on 3-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
As much as I like conspiracy theories etc.....
when I see this

PositiveID's Share Price is Linked to the Health Care Reform Bill - & the number 666 (9/9/9)

I ask a very simple question, why would the rest of the world be interested in the date 9/9/9 when it really only effects the USA?

From what little knowledge I have of the number 666, I would believe it is a global number and not just effect the USA.

More of a local conspiracy rather than a global 1, as much as I like Americans, I like to remind them that the US isn't the centre of the universe.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It;s a good thing there are people like you keeping an eye on things and this is a good catch!
I have a solution though;
1- we use the transdermal chip
2- we chip every high ranking government person
3- give the public exclusive knowledge of these chip's information which would include: complete whereabouts and EVERY financial transaction,
Upon retirement your chip is removed.
Do good work for the people and you keep your job and your skin.

WE need to put this government dog an a leash.
We have the technology, if the public wants it - it can happen.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
As much as I like conspiracy theories etc.....
when I see this

I ask a very simple question, why would the rest of the world be interested in the date 9/9/9 when it really only effects the USA?

From what little knowledge I have of the number 666, I would believe it is a global number and not just effect the USA.

More of a local conspiracy rather than a global 1, as much as I like Americans, I like to remind them that the US isn't the centre of the universe.

I'm not too sure where you're coming from mate.

I'm based in the UK, and I find this important because what happens in the US usually filters through to the rest of the world.

And the whole 9/9/9 thing, well I just noticed that Obama's speech, the announcement of the merger and the huge share price increase occurred on that day, the 666 thing was a just a bit weird.

I don't see how 999 is just American, am I missing something, isn't there a 09/09/09 date around the world?

All the best, Kiwifoot!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

WE need to put this government dog an a leash.
We have the technology, if the public wants it - it can happen.

No worries mate, your choice of words is striking.

Because PositiveID is in the process of attempting to chip some 160,000,000 US pets (dogs and cats) with RFID diabetes chips!

I really don't know where this technology is ultimately heading, I think it's a way off yet (us having to have it), but I see it in twenty years or so.

Each generation will slowly be exposed to it, and bit by bit it will become normal, for our pets, our vulnerable, our sick, our soldiers, our government employees then everybody.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

so you are thinking that the Health Care Reform Bill in the US will effect the UK?

As we know there is a filter down effect from the US to most places, but I see this as more a coincidence of dates and numbers more than a biblical progpecy to do with 999 or 666.

These type of connections are refered to as red herrings as they divert the attention from the real issues.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

so you are thinking that the Health Care Reform Bill in the US will effect the UK?

As we know there is a filter down effect from the US to most places, but I see this as more a coincidence of dates and numbers more than a biblical progpecy to do with 999 or 666.

These type of connections are refered to as red herrings as they divert the attention from the real issues.

I'm saying that the introduction of RFID medical record chips will eventually filter through to Europe, if it goes ahead in the US.

The 666 observation was just that, a coincidence maybe like you say.

I think it's you who are fixating on the 666 thing, it was three lines of a 100 line post!

new topics

top topics

join