It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show me The Jeffersons!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Here's part of a reply regarding the whole revolution thing.
i think it sums up exactly the biggest problem with the whole simple minded "take back the country' revolution approach.

As if your whole premise isn't some pie in the sky radical extremist
pipe dream? The radical nutcases ARE the relevant part> These people are your revolution, your fellow patriots. To turn them loose, armed, is inviting death and disaster.
You go on to say things are just the same now as in 1776?
Here's one glaring flaw.
You have no Jefferson.
no Franklin.
no Adams.
No washington
These men, and the rest of the founders were exceptional people, the most enlightened and educated of their time. the pillars of the community as it were.
You have nothing comparable. No intellect, no leadership, you don't even have a unifying philosophy. just a bunch of mostly right wing, religion obssesed, uneducated paranoid and pissed off people that can't even articulate what they want in a rational way. what a winning combination.
You seem so upset that people just don't support you, that's very revealing. Produce a Jefferson or Adams instead of armchair internet "patriots' and maybe, just maybe people with a brain might take you seriously.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You don't know any of us and you didn't know those men. You don't know our philosophies or ideologies, you simply assume.

I can't speak for most other people but I have studied Jefferson and Franklin closely throughout my life. I consider my philosophy a mix between the two of them as each had their flaws in some capacity. However, it is their strengths which I choose to embellish.

There are plenty of Jeffersons, Franklins, Adams, and Washingtons out there, but even if they hit you across the mouth with their ideologies you would spit at them just as you do now. You bury any sense of a revolution based on a few, and you somehow find that because of the opinions of a few that we are somehow better off in a state controlled scheme of tyranny.

To now call us collectively unintelligent, leaderless, and lacking in philosophy, has now earned you one step closer to being ignored. Congrats as it is one step closer to being the first person I have ever ignored.

No, we don't have exact replicas of our founding fathers because we were not raised in the conditions they were in. However, we are not as weak and unorganized as you think.

And not only do we have a matching philosophy, but it is something each and every one of us agree on EVEN our founding fathers - its called the Constitution. Thankfully they were kind enough to write their ideals down for us.

It is because of people like you that domestic terrorism is caused. Because it is people like you that make revolutionaries realize that really there is no hope for this country, the people are next to worthless, and they will never open their eyes. Not my view, but I'm sure it is the view of many others who decide not to care any longer about the value of the life of innocents.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

There are plenty of Jeffersons, Franklins, Adams, and Washingtons out there,

So produce one. Just one leader that can articulate.
if you have studied the founders, then you know what I say is true.
Show me ONE person in the "patriot" movement that is just half the calibre of Jefferson!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

If any 'Jefferson" were to come forward today , The MSM would eat

him alive, and link him to Yemen.

The US populace have no stomach for a uprising. The are "eating cake"

and are happy for it. The US gov lies to them daily , they are aware

of this and accept it as this is how it is done.

The US will not revolt ever, they will lie down and die, the days

of Jefferson are gone.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
We don't need any "NEW" Jefferson's ,Adams OR Washington's. We have the originals to follow. All of their beliefs and guidance and their genius has been ours to explore for 200 years and everything they stood for is what today's Patriot citizens understand and wish to continue. Your point is moot and your logic is flawed. The people and only the people matter. Not who or what the present elected officials believe. To participate in the process and do it with verve and intelligence would and will give us back our country and the original intent of our founding fathers. 2010 elections will serve as the rallying point for the turn back to our original intent! If those elections are circumvented in any manner, those that are sitting on their butts doing nothing will indeed wake up and become active!

Zindo

[edit on 1/3/2010 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

And who among your glorios revolutionaries in charge?
Who decides what the founders wanted?
who controls the guys with the guns?
You guys really are delusional!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

None of those people you listed existed, figuratively, before the revolution either. Even if none exist wouldnt that be a product of the educational system put in place by the same type of men that need overthrown?

Your myopia is epic.

No intellect, no leadership, you don't even have a unifying philosophy. just a bunch of mostly right wing, religion obssesed, uneducated paranoid and pissed off people that can't even articulate what they want in a rational way. what a winning combination.

OldDragger seems to be a synonym for troll. If youre smart enough to get it...

[edit on 3-1-2010 by watcher73]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

Troll? I'd have to care about responses to be a troll.
I don't.
But I do care about reality, and you so called revolutionaries are living in an insular world of your own making, mostly through the internet. The state of the nation is not what you imagine, you are so out of touch it's ridiculous. If you were to try your imaginary revolution you would be shocked at how quickly and violently the American people would be in responding to your attempt at a coup.
And I'll be right here to remind you THAT YOUR "REVOLUTION" NEVER HAPPENED!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Oh, I misinterpreted the thread...I thought you were talking about George and Louise Jefferson...they're in the WH now, right?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by watcher73

Troll? I'd have to care about responses to be a troll.
I don't.

Well for one you dont have to care about responses to be a troll. Secondly, I wont let your response get in the way of your logic about not caring.

But I do care about reality, and you so called revolutionaries are living in an insular world of your own making, mostly through the internet. The state of the nation is not what you imagine, you are so out of touch it's ridiculous. If you were to try your imaginary revolution you would be shocked at how quickly and violently the American people would be in responding to your attempt at a coup.
And I'll be right here to remind you THAT YOUR "REVOLUTION" NEVER HAPPENED!

So your logic is that Americans dont have the heart to actually revolt, but they will put down a revolution? That is interesting.

What is the state of the nation? How are "we" out of touch? Seems a bit the opposite to me. Do you think things are just peachy?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
On a side note our Jeffersons are the Ron/Rand Pauls of the nation.

Like I said earlier, the others didnt really exist until they were needed, just as it would be today.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Here's part of a reply regarding the whole revolution thing.
i think it sums up exactly the biggest problem with the whole simple minded "take back the country' revolution approach.

As if your whole premise isn't some pie in the sky radical extremist
pipe dream? The radical nutcases ARE the relevant part> These people are your revolution, your fellow patriots. To turn them loose, armed, is inviting death and disaster.
You go on to say things are just the same now as in 1776?
Here's one glaring flaw.
You have no Jefferson.
no Franklin.
no Adams.
No washington
These men, and the rest of the founders were exceptional people, the most enlightened and educated of their time. the pillars of the community as it were.
You have nothing comparable. No intellect, no leadership, you don't even have a unifying philosophy. just a bunch of mostly right wing, religion obssesed, uneducated paranoid and pissed off people that can't even articulate what they want in a rational way. what a winning combination.
You seem so upset that people just don't support you, that's very revealing. Produce a Jefferson or Adams instead of armchair internet "patriots' and maybe, just maybe people with a brain might take you seriously.

You talk as if Jefferson, Adams, Washington, and Franklin are dead and gone.

You can find them right here:

uscode.house.gov...

and here:

www.usconstitution.net...

And most certainly here:

www.foundingfathers.info...

They aren't dead, merely forgotten by the public school indoctrinated public.

They put to paper the rights that God gave us. Those men are only dead when no one left alive believes in freedom and the natural rights of man any longer.

That day is fast approaching. Those who reap the benefit of fiat money, fractional reserve banking, unlimited debt, and government contracts are working very very hard to finally finish them off for good.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

How touching!
Cliche's do not a revolution make!
These men guided the American Revolutions progress.
Their intellect and education enabled them to make decisions, what should be done and not done!
That apparently escapes you.
My my.
So again, who leads the guys with guns?
You all intend to march in unison to DC singing the Battle Hymn of the Republic, or should it be Dixie?
Who forms the new government? Who Textdecides what the founders wanted? The guy with the biggest weapon?
are you really so fargone from reality to think that you would agree?
You can't even agree on a message board!
One of you wants to establish Jesus as law! And so it goes.
Yours is nothing but foolish empty rhetoric, you guys obviously don't have a clue as to what you are getting yourselves into!
A fools errand that I garantee will end very badly for any of you fools that are actually foolish enough to try it.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Sigh.......

Instead of realizing that you were in a losing battle in other threads, where ideas about peaceful ways to bring about change, revolutionary ideas that could reign in an out of control government and their corporate backers were clearly stating that it is through peace not arms.

You decide to again, incite and implicate. Have fun here as you will draw out the ones you seek so you feel better and accomplished.

I would also guarantee that John Adams, Patrick Henry, Samuel Adams, Thomas Jefferson, John Hancock, Benjamin Franklin to name a few ever thought they would be thrown into a lot to decide and debate over what a new country should entail.

From what I see, a lot do not want a new country. A lot of us want what many have died for, many have sacrificed everything to achieve and many have, still to this day yearn for. You...just want to hear the ravings of a few people that believe we need to take our guns to town.

My pen and tongue are mightier than any man's sword.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I think the OP is missing a huge point times are not bad enough yet great men and women will rise like the phoenix when the time is right. Times need to get worse for the so called revolution to take place and history has showed us time and time again if it gets bad enough it will happen.

Also for all of you in the lets have a revolution now camp take a chill pill. The time is not right we need to actually try and let the system work. Because if you do not you will loose that is guaranteed. We have a great system we just need to use it and get rid of the corruption.

top topics

join