It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is marajuana illegal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
There are a few cops on this website. As well as some doctors, lawyers, politicians, scientists, and teachers. Therefore I ask you all, "Why is pot illegal?"

Sorry for the short topic.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Because it wasn't on list when prohibition was repealed. At least that's my understanding.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Because it can open your heart and mind. They don't want you to feel and think the truth. - And because it males lazy, unmotivated, ambivalent and psychic dependent.
and hungry.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

because it is a free pain reliever that can be grown by anybody. It also is rumored to have certain cancer blocking powers, its also balances the mind out and increases consciousness. also there is a strain that allows it to be made into plastics, papers, textiles, fuel ect ect. why do you think its illegal ?

link   
reply to post by president

There's another forum for this, with posts already talking about it..

Basically it's a strait up conspiracy, which has not been expunged to this day.

link   
Aside from many people making money from it being illegal , one word Dupont.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Um, no. The reason marijuana is illegal is because J.P. Morgan and co-conspirators sought to have a monopoly on various paper products at the beginning of the 20th century. They actively started a campaign to demonize marijuana, and the rest is history. Morgan owned a great deal of forest area, to my understanding. It was first outlawed in El Paso, I think. This was a means to punish the Mexicans who commonly smoked the herb. So, two fold...I think.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
Because it can open your heart and mind. They don't want you to feel and think the truth. - And because it males lazy, unmotivated, ambivalent and psychic dependent.
and hungry.
Some of my band mates are burners, I wouldn't say they are honest about much and when the do smoke before practice it is chaotic. lots of mistakes and "Dude what the Hell,.. Man you missed your line Dude" F this and F that. Yeah I am rather confidant it also make you stupid. But I guess it is no worse than alcohol.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

It depends on the individuals biochemistry. It seems many geniuses smoke it to modulate their neurotransmitters, amongst other things. In some people it greatly enhances insight and creativity.

...and some people are just plain stupid, smoke or not!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by cushycrux
and hungry.
Some of my band mates are burners, I wouldn't say they are honest about much and when the do smoke before practice it is chaotic. lots of mistakes and "Dude what the Hell,.. Man you missed your line Dude" F this and F that. Yeah I am rather confidant it also make you stupid. But I guess it is no worse than alcohol.

No worse then alcohol? not even close, the fact booz and smokes are ok but MJ is not is unbelievable and just plane Stupid !!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's illegal because it cannot be taxed.
At least in Africa it comes with pips - the only consumer product to come with free expansion without legality.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I believe that the Senator that rallied prohibition received money from Big Business to rally against Hemp after prohibition was reversed. Plastics, rubber and cotton industries funded it.
I do believe that is when the original "Reefer Madness" propaganda movie debuted. I have yet to meet anyone that exhibits the actions/effects that silly movie illustrates.
But after all, what do you expect from our glorious government.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Read this:
www.viperrecords.com...

It was racism and the paper industry. And today its the farma (drugs) industry that don't want it legal. I helps for many diseases.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

The real reason for illegality is co-operation with the system.
Marijuana users are paying fines and doing community servisce. We are thereby feeding the system of unjust policy. People can get some "reistance" spirit and go to jail. That costs the government over a 100 Dollars a day! So lets demand jail everywhere and make them pay - take the "fine" away.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The thing that really annoys me is that in the UK weed is a class B drug along with amphetamines and barbiturates. It carries a jail sentence of up to 5 years for possession. Absolutely stupid! For a comparison it is like getting jailed for drinking a beer, although alchohol is actually worse for you.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Please contribute to the ongoing discussion on this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join