It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit named Jason in our house

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Back some time ago my wife saw an apparition of what I could only describe as a witch in our front yard. We had been doing some paranormal research with a new controversial research device called a Ghost Box. It is a radio that has been modified to do full band sweeps on AM or FM. We decided to record a ghost box session in our yard and we felt that we made contact with at least one spirit named Jason.

Since then we've had some other fairly interesting experiences. One of particular interest is that one night while my wife and I were sleeping she awoke to find a black cloud like formation in our bedroom moving along the wall and to the door. She woke me up (I'm a heavy sleeper sometimes) but I didn't think much of it. So she got up with out EMF meter and was checking out the area where she saw the formation. There were no hits on the EMF. But we decided to do another ghost box session in our bedroom a few days later. In this session we again got the Jason spirit, and some more interesting responses.

I just recently put together a podcast with this session.. You can find it Here

Since the last session we have had several other experiences in our house, one of which I talked about here.

Related Thread

I am aware that the ghost box responses are not considered valid EVPs by many researchers, but the other experiences that we have had here give it a little more weight IMO.

The story is still unfolding - we are planning on doing more ghost box sessions and trying to communicate with whoever or whatever is here.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hello sagestranger. Interesting encounter there....
I've read about the ghost boxes in the past, but have never seen or used one. They are a little on the odd side, aren't they? Do you ever try to obtain straightout EVP's, and have you done so with Jason?

Thanks for putting this up. I always love a good ghost hunt! I'm going to have to keep an eye on your threads to see what you're up to.

My best to your wife....too.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Why are these ghost boxes deemed controversial? Although I enjoy listening to EVPs, I would think they are considered controversial themselves--what makes the ghost box not believable?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
@ladyinwaiting , Yes they are a little a little odd, but we really enjoy using ours and have had a lot of success with it. We haven't tried any straight out evp recordings, we should probably do that.

reply to post by AlphaCentauri

Hey Alpha, the reason they are controversial is because it's a radio that is sweeping FM/AM bands thus getting an intermingling of signals from the stations it goes through. The responses consist of little snippets from the stations along with the white noise in between. So some say it is not a valid EVP, it's just a radio signal. I think there is more to it than that personally and we really enjoy experimenting with ours. We don't claim our findings to be solid proof of anything, but as you say - EVP's in themselves are fairly controversial and there is little "Solid" proof of anything in any area of paranormal investigation. I find it just as valid as something you would get from a psychic.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Question on the box you're using: when you refer to AM and FM, do you mean only the commercial radio broadcast frequencies? AM and FM are types of modulation, not frequency ranges.

I'm just asking from a technical standpoint. I obviously have no idea what band or modulation ghosts use. I might as well be SETI

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
From almost all Ghost Box work I've done, the only thing that's coming through is the human imagination. You make out what you want to.

its probably better to do EVP's with two or more recorders, and playback after each question.

or actually it would be cool if someone made a recorder that could playback as it was recording, with maybe a second delay. For all you technological inclined ghost hunters.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

From almost all Ghost Box work I've done, the only thing that's coming through is the human imagination. You make out what you want to.

Reverse speech, moon pictures, and anything shown by Andrew Basiago.
(my observation, of course)

[not demeaning the OP or his pursuit]

[edit on 1/3/2010 by leftystrat]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sagestranger

sage i saw on mm paranormal that you are seeking cases in TN. If you need a hand tell

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by leftystrat

Yes - Commercial radio bands AM/FM. Sorry if I used the wrong terminology there.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
....... O.O I thought I heard Jason Farmer... Cause that is my name.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Hope his last name ain't Voorhees

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

Woah! That is kinda creepy!
My wife was very disturbed by hearing her name so many times. I don't know how I would feel hearing my own name. Hasn't happened yet.

BTW - Update!! We made some video through the night as we slept and got several orbs. They look very similar to the ones you see on Ghost Adventurers TV show. I'll post a link once I get them all cropped out.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Here is the video of the night time orbs I mentioned above.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sagestranger

That was odd! What settings do you have your camcorder on? And what kind is it?

I think I'll try it with my new Canon s10.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

It's a little JVC Everio It has a light on it and that's what was on. A little hard to sleep with that light shining all night but it doesn't have any night vision or anything so we did what we could.

Yeah give it a try and see if you get anything. Post here if you get something! I'm anxious to see others doing the same thing. I know it could be dust but some of it just doesn't act like dust to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The only thing that I see in your video is insects being illuminated by the light on your camera.

As for the ghost box, well I don't know enough about it to know whether or not it works as well as other methods but what I do know is that ALL of this EVP stuff is scary as hell and I think that you should be carefull what you mess with. I hope that it doesn't come back and bite you.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

I don't think it's insects. Not in January, and not in our house, and we have a cat who would like to eat insects lol.
Unless its some kind of microscopic or invisible insect that we never see in the daytime? What kind of insect could it be? If it were warm weather I would be more likely to agree with you on that, but at this time of year, I have to say I don't think so.

And yes I hope it doesn't come back to bite us either. We are trying to be careful, I say protection prayers on a daily basis and we also try to do that before and after any attempts with the ghost box evp sessions.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
hmm cool.. :3

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Shrukin89]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Sagestranger! Very nice. Question: What am I seeing from .27 to about .35. To the left of the sleeper's head. At first it looks like someone passing in front of a doorway, moves accross the pillow, and then winds up underneath the chin.

What am I seeing?? Is it a shadow? A white shadow? Or what?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I believe that is my hand you're seeing there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join