It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oujia Board expriences?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I have to say I stay well clear of them after hearing very nasty stories from family members.

I do remember going to a junk sale with my gran and bending down to touch one that was boxed.. she slapped me so hard around the back of the head before my fingers touched it. Needless to say I have never been tempted to go close to one since.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by learningtofly

I hope these people listen .Ouija boards are very dangerous and open
a door you may not be able to close!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I was caught as a child playing with an Ouija board by my mother and I have never seen her so angry. She sat me and my friends down and told us how she and her friends played with one as children and that her friends house became possessed. Needless to say I have never played with one since and would not advise it.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Any empyrical proof of this sort of thing? Any studies or tests? Can any one link for me. This is what I found on the matter from that well of information Wikipedia

Rationalists contend that users subconsciously direct the path of the triangle to produce a word that is in that person's subconscious thought process. This subconscious behavior is known as ideomotor action, a term coined by William Carpenter in 1882. It is also known as automatism.[9] Some people may be convinced that the "powers" of the ouija board are real because they are unaware that they are in fact moving the piece and therefore assume that the piece must be moving due to some other "spiritual force". The subconscious thought process may produce an answer that is different from what the user expected in their conscious thought process—thus perpetuating the idea that the board has "mystical powers". The Penn & Teller: Bull#! episode on Ouija Boards ran an experiment using unbiased participants. Questions were being asked to the late William Frawley with very strong answers. The participants were then blindfolded and the board was turned 180 degrees without their knowledge. With continued questioning, the planchette then traveled to bare areas of the board where the participants believed the "Yes" and "No" marks were located, but in fact were not.

Link below
Oujia board Wikipedia

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Don't even need a Ouija board. Just get yourself 26 scrabble letters A-Z and a wine glass. My sister and I used to contact a spirit who called himself Dale. Had a scary experience one night so I stopped. My sister still occasionally dabbles.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Was obsessed with Oujia boards back in high school. My friends and I used to mess around with them all the time. EVERYTIME we thought that we had finally contacted a spirit, it turned out that someone would admit to having moved the marker on their own. Finally came to the conclusion that some plastic and cardboard toy that we bought at Toys-R-Us couldn't connect us to the "spirit world". My girlfriend at the time was fairly-religious and a true believer, so she made us burn the thing and throw it into the river. It was fun, but it simply didn't work. Nuff said.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ok here is my story...

I am 27 year old female. I have a roommate who is a 37 year old female. We have been roommates almost three years now. So long that I know her pretty much inside and out, her mannerisms, the way she thinks about things... I know her very well.

About a year ago I tried it with my roommate on her friend's board she had forgotten to pack with her after spending the weekend. I never used one before and didn't know they were using it all weekend.

I was a scaredy cat and very skeptical but also curious so I tried it. The first day of playing on it the thing hated my guts. It would refuse to move if I spoke and called me names. My roommate had to talk it into liking me enough to not be a complete jerk to me. At first I figured she was simply yanking my chain just to creep me out and to take easy shots at me. The more we played the more I could tell it was not her moving the thing. It would say things that were completely not like her. I could just tell.

After a few days the thing eased up on me and we were actually cool.

The board almost always said it's name was ZaZa. Every now and then ZaZa would let another 'spirit' come in for a few minutes if we asked very very nicely. When that would happen, the mannerism completely changed. The way the thing would spell, the speed of the movement, the whole feel of the thing would change. Sometimes ZaZa would pretend to be someone else for a few seconds but he couldn't keep the facade going for long. It would eventually spell out something ZaZa-ish. We would say, this is ZaZa- stop playing with us. It would respod with "lol lol lol lol lol" over and over or "jk jk jk jk it was me ZaZa lol"

Forgive me if it sounds like I am a lunatic, I promise, I am not.

It would never work for me with only my hands on it, although I wouldn't try very long because I am really a scaredy cat. We would ask it why it won't work for me and it would say something like I don't have enough energy or something or I need to keep my hands on it longer.

I know it sounds like she was probably moving it but she was not. She simply wasn't. There were plenty times she would come ask me if I wanted to play so we would. We would try and the thing would spell out " not right now, put the board away" then go to goodbye. We would try again and it would just go to goodbye. My roommate does not have the smarts to keep an everyday for a few months joke like that going.

Usually we would just have silly conversations. He would tell us what toppings he likes on his burgers, his favorite flavor ice cream, stuff like that. Every now and then he would tell me there is a ghost girl living in my closet that just wants to be my friend and an old man named Howard that hangs around me because I smoke cigarettes and he mooches the smoke. He mostly liked telling jokes and talking smack to get laughs. If I would crack a joke on him he would pretend get mad and pull the planchette from under my fingers and "turn his back on me" where the pointer faced away from me then spell out "I am not her friend anymore". He would ignore anything I said and just tried to be an ass then say "ha ha lol jk".

One day before we put it away he said he was going to scare us today. I said whatever, he said, you will see ha ha ha. We said our goodbyes and put it away. We began cleaning the house and all of a sudden the smoke detector upstairs started going off. It was a constant beep like someone was holding the test button. It went off for like 5 mins straight. We were pretty freaked. We got on the board the next day and the first thing it said was "it sure was funny watching you run outside scared when I held down the smoke alarm". Ok. That is enough.

We since moved and wanted to try it at the new house. On the first try it kept talking about die, die. satan and swirling in circles and 8's. My roommate said she felt weird and it wasn't right and she won't do it anymore. Fine by me.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I bought one over the summer and couldn't get it to work. I even tried lighting a candle. I didn't have anyone to use it with though it was just me.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What I don't understand about ouija boards is the fact that you're supposed to call out for spirits of a certain nature. Like a good or bad spirit. Couldn't a bad spirit just pose as good and wouldn't a spirit that admitted to being bad be just the equivalent of an angsty teenager saying he listens to Slipknot daily?

Seriously, why the bad spirits always say crap like "lol im a bad spirit naymd gregori frm da 1600s im so satanic, hXc and def metal tht im scary!"

They'd just make me more annoyed than scared. Well, up until those bastards start manipulating objects in the house, inducing sleep paralysis while appearing as a hooded shadow figure etc.

I'd be curious enough to use one for sure, though I don't think I would want to put up with bad consequences.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Has anyone successfully used one alone? It seems there's an energy issue according to the ZaZa story. I'm just curious and want to see this occult thing for myself. Honestly, I won't ever bring myself to use a board though.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
That number 8 being made with the eye of the board, symbolizes demonic activity. ive read it all the time, on many ghost and ouija board info posts and boards online. Mine too, when i played, also made the figure 8 alot.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I owned a house in CA a few from 1997 through 2006. I had my family (me, wife and daughter) my friends family (him, his fiance and daughter) my parents and my wife teenage cousin living there also. There were always kids around. My daughter was 7, my friends was 4 and they had friends in and out all the time. I was, for all intents and purposes, the father figure of the house. Everyone relied on me.

On one very RARE ocasion that I was home alone I noticed (out of the corner of my eye) a youngling standing by the back door. Knowing my kids were not there, I went to see which neighborhood kid it was and send them home. When I had crossed the or 6 feet of space between myself and the door, no one was there. I looked out in the yard and - nothing. Didn't think much of it until it happened again - a couple of times actually. My wife even saw it once. Not long after this, I started getting woken up in the night by (what felt like) a child poking me. The first time I thought it was my daughter, but there was noone in the room except me and my wife. It was creepy. Telling the cousin who was living with us about these occurances, she suggested using her Ouija board to see if there was something in the house with us.

There were 4 of us at the board that night, myself, my cousin and two of her friends. We did not tell the friends what had been happening. Basically we just asked the board to let us talk to any spirits in the house. We got an almost immediate response. Turns out there was a young boy who had lived in our house in the late 40s. He was 8 when he got sick and died in his room. He just never left. I asked the little boy why he followed me and tried to wake me up. His reponse was simply, you are the Dad.

We asked a bunch of questions that night. Seems this young soul never reconnected with his family when they passed. He just stayed with the house. When he got scared, he came to me. It was weird. That night I told him not to worry, that I would take care of him and his house. I wasn't woken again after that.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Tried a "Troll-table" as they call it in Sweden.
Its a table you can communicate with..
The owner of it, said spirits can speak through the table to those whom use it correct..

It speaks, by lifting and "knocking" its 3 legs, wich has numbers, letters and "yes - no" (1 knock being yes, 2 no)..written on em..

Only one rule she said, Not to ask about ones death..

I remember the table "speaking" very activly, every question was answered.. And it gave truthful answers. (I think)
Surely there could have been lies, but i remember it being somwhat truthful..This talking table..

I dont recall much of what I asked..I think I asked about Aliens/ancient gods and 2012, if I recall correct, the world wont end 2012! And the aliens are on their way ;P

But as we progressed, the table didnt answer my friends, only me..
(I think we didnt speak up either, we asked questions in our minds, and the table starts rockin)

My friend asked it a question, no answer, so he tells me the question, i ask, and the table answers..

The only questions I recall where "When was I born, in my former life?
"1943"

And "Whats your name?/Who are you?"
"DEJ"

It says, and in swedish that word means "You" but misspelled..

But I was sittin there.. Not being a omnipresent spirit in a table ..
So I thought the word might mean sumthing else.. And it does
(hurrah for the net!
)
Dej

I also read sumwhere it was an old word for god.. As in Dei..

Anyone?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Nice question, I haven't any personal experience but my parents have told me stories about when they have done it etc.

For instance, my mum told me about one time they did it at her parents house when she was about 17, not thinking it would work and basically making a joke out of it.

She remembers hat it started to spell things out, gave them a name etc and everything was fine. I think they all thought one of the others were moving it.

That is until they asked whoever they had contacted, how it died. The glass they were using smashed in front of their eyes. She has never tried again.

I think f you have the right physical and mental ability then you can do it in a safe environment. I’d also suggest in this day and age, if your going to do it, film it just in case! =]

MrWebby666

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I find it amusing that many people believe, that those spirits are the spirits of their deceased loved ones etc. Then why it's usually fear and other negative feelings that the board produces? The Bible speaks about demons who impersonate dead people to misdirect people into things like spiritualism and occult. This is my view and I believe in Bible, many things in it about spirits are shockingly true.

As for experiences with ouija board, I have never tried it and never will. I have heard so much bad things about it from credible sources and it's hard to get me believe something ( especially when dealing with controversial subjects like paranormal experiences ).

It is true that often there is no response or activity of any kind.. That makes it dangerous if you ask me, you'll never know what you are going to get. Even my friend stays away from ouija, and he is atheist. He have heard about the negative experiences his family had with it back when they were young.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join