It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran plans Large Scale war Games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Iran plans Large Scale war Games

online.wsj.com

Iranian media reported Tehran would conduct a large-scale defensive military exercise next month, coinciding with what Tehran officials now say is a deadline for the West to respond to its counter-offer to a nuclear-fuel deal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is interesting isnt it. They just so happen to be planning "Large Scale" war games to coinceide with thier own deadline. around spring is traditional the beggining of fighting season when nations are at war or plan on going to war...

The report follows comments by Iran's foreign minister Manouchehr Mottaki on Saturday, challenging Western nations to decide by the end of this month on counter-proposals Tehran has floated to an internationally brokered nuclear-fuel deal. In the counter-proposals, Iran has said it would agree to swap the bulk of its low-enriched uranium for higher enriched uranium, but in small batches and on Iranian soil

this could mark the beggining of a war with iran... what do you think? suspicious or just coincedental...

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I just think it's nothing more than military posturing which Iran has every right to do, especially considering they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. They can't win either way, so they just stick two fingers up at the west. I would do exactly the same.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Miltary doctorine states that an invading force should always attack on it's own timeline at the most serious detriment to the defender and the most advantageous to th attacking force. IF and when decide to go to war it won't be when Iran expects it. This is nothing more than Iranian sabre-rattling.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
We won't go to war until the Brits have their election anytime in the next 5 months. There is no hope in hell of any military action if our biggest ally is in the process of a full change of goverment. Keep an eye on the date of that and then predictions can be made.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well, of course all Nations with the capability to do so conduct these war games all the time. So that much of it is probably not too much out of the ordinary.

IMO, what this is is Iran showing the West that they don't plan on backing down.
But, keep in mind, they have been behaving just this way for years now.
The West should already know that Iran won't back down. Yet still, years later, the West has not invaded.

Why?
They don't want to be embarassed. Many lessons can be learned by looking at the Iran/Iraq war.
Eventually people who have to keep a war political will be forced to stop killing small children who come at them in droves. People here in America would crap a tulip if we went to war with Iran.

Combine that with the extremely formidable terrain in Iran and you have a crap storm on your hands...

I see this as more of the ole' "See what my right hand is up to so you can't see what I'm doing with my left."

.02 anyhow.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
look at it from Iran's point of view.

They are having the Propaganda Machine turned up against them.

Israel and its lap dog , the US are breathing down their necks,

with time lines of attack.

Although they have done what they can to please the UN.

They can read the writing on the wall, Israel wants them weakened,

So the US Must Comply.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
Miltary doctorine states that an invading force should always attack on it's own timeline at the most serious detriment to the defender and the most advantageous to th attacking force. IF and when decide to go to war it won't be when Iran expects it. This is nothing more than Iranian sabre-rattling.

Possibly. But at the same time it could be expected that Iran shares some military intel with the Russians. Perhaps a limited action was given a green light for this period.

Also, here is another bizarre thought. Maybe, some within the loop in the west don't want another war and are leaking info. Why bother with another war? The defense contractors and the others who profit from war can't really expect to make any more money. They are already making enough.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo3

To address the western info leaks, it is far more probable that it is a psych-op to gleen more intel about troop movements and contingencies via satellite. Keep the defneders on thier toes until they get complacent. However even though we have units on both side of Iran we don't have the logistical support needed for a full scale invasion. News agencies all over that area would be reporting force build ups all across the borders. A land invasion with the resources we have in theater would leave both Iraq and Afghanistan stripped bare of assets. A missle strike oraircraft strike maybe, however you take the chance of sending any nuclear material destroyed into the atmosphere and or surrounding ground and water sources. Israel might be more apt to do that , but U.S. military would only green light that as a last resort.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
That will give the US or Israel the perfect oppurtunity for an off the record "loose missle" to end up in somebody's backyard so to speak. Touching off probable cause for an invasion and/or war.

I'll betcha....

S & F to you for bringing this to ATS. I think it's important and worth watching

[edit on 3-1-2010 by mikelee]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
One thing is for sure the sheer volume of Iranian propaganda and War on Terror Propaganda does not bode well for the people of America.

We are being purposefully fed this distracting diet and it’s not just as a prelude to encourage us to support another war. It’s designed also to distract us from the dismal state of the economy and the body politic in Washington.

It’s like a bad roller coaster ride at an amusement park you can’t get to stop and there is not a darn thing you can do about it while the car is in motion on the tracks.

I don’t know about the rest of my fellow Americans but I think it’s time to derail this ride and close the park for the season!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Would an attack be best while they are executing games and not postured?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

You'd think BUT, those knuckleheads may be armed to the teeth after having already thought of that.

OR...

They send a small portion of their force to do the games while the main force is lying in wait just in case the US or Israel gets any ideas.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Keeping the wars smaller would help keep the defense contractor's profit up. A really big war could jeopardize their economic future. If the US falls who would pay them.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo3

I agree and disagree with this point. I agree it is in the best interests of everyone that operations need to be kept to a minimum. My biggest fear is if a large scal ground op is planned it would be quite easy for Iran's Al-Quds forces, already purportedly in country in both Iraq and Afghanistan, to harass supply lines as well as stir up trouble as to draw combat forces away from any Iranian engagement. If it does occur I do think it will be a 3-day missile sortie against C2 assets as well as key infrastructure sites in order to allow for diplomacy OR revolution to take hold. I strongly believe boots on the ground in Iran will be a nasty, bloody affair. However I don't forsee America "falling" as you put it. Our commanders know when to make a tactical retreat and in general try not to get put into that situation first.

new topics

top topics

join