It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lovely Bones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I watched this last night and then read the reviews.

Waited until today to watch it again as I thought it must have been just my mood that caused such a reaction in me.

Directed by Peter Jackson. With Susan Sarandon, Mark Wahlberg, Rachel Weisz. Centers on a young girl who has been murdered and watches over her family - and her killer - from heaven. She must weigh her desire for vengeance against her desire for her family to heal.

This is the most powerful film that I have ever seen. It really makes you think, and the imagery is fantastic. Probably not for everyone, but to those it touches, it will do so throughout.

and yes...I cried like a baby..

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I love movies like this, plus the actors involved. Will see it asap.

Don't like crying though. Anymore. But I guess I can take it this once.

PS: Tribewilder is SO NOT a Troll. NOT. I saw that somewhere else.
I protest it here.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Previews look good. But I am not looking that forward to it. REad the book and didn't think it was that great.

Maybe the movie will do better then the book.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The book was hard enough to read without watching it on the big screen... So I think i will give it a miss.... I dont want to ruin my make up with me blubbing all night in the cinema!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I wanted to see this movie but Im afraid that it got buried with all the Avatar hype. Will probably wait to see it on On Demand or DVD.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This movie isn't a cryer. I was very hesitant to see this because I do not wish to have certain images in my mind. I can honestly say in hind sight that the creators of this film have made sure to keep those images out.

This was a very very good movie, but the intensity of the crimes, the entire character of the father, and the story itself - though softened - became nothing but a luke warm shadow of the book.

This was a very well made movie, don't get me wrong, and well worth seeing the art. But in the book the fathers role was by far the main character as the story follows him in his quest. The movie all but disregards the father to an extent to where he is little more than the house on the block or the town this took place in. Completely different and wrong, but consistent with the disregard of American fathers in general.

Whatever whatever but the problem is that this is not the book, and so very different that though it may be a decent movie, the book was absolutely about the relationship between a father and his daughter and how those bonds reached beyond life and time. The movie doesn't even attempt to expose this beyond the sentiment of a graduation card.

Get the book.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by factbeforefiction]

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i thought the actors were really good but the movie to me wasn't as interesting. I liked the idea and how it was made but for me it was just a bit boring. Mark Wahlberg was great though

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I enjoyed the book and really enjoyed the film too. I thought it was going to a terrible movie, but I was impressed. One of the annoying things was that the guy was never brought to justice. Instead he died of an accident.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I loved both the film and the novel. I will say, though, that there were some things in the book that should have been given more detail. In the film, Jack is the more prominent of Susie's parents and the reasons for Abigail's strained relationship with her mother, Lynn, are barely even hinted at. They also leave out her affair with Len Fenerman (the detective) and her reasons for leaving her family for California for 8 years after Susie's death. The role of Ruth Connors (who I found to be a very interesting character) is also less significant in the film as opposed to the novel. Even so, I enjoyed both.

top topics

join