It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Orders US Government To Begin Preparing For Biological Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Postmen and UPS has already been asked to be neighborhood lookouts from the Bush Admin.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
Isn't the only stockpile of anthrax large enough for a large scale attack under the control of US military?

Try doing some research before making silly statements like that. You "forget" that the USA destroyed their weaponized stocks of anthrax in 1971-2, but ignore the fact that Despite signing the 1972 agreement to end bioweapon production the government of the Soviet Union had an active bioweapons program that included the production of hundreds of tons of weapons-grade anthrax after this period. On April 2, 1979 some of the over one million people living in Sverdlovsk (now called Ekaterinburg, Russia), about 850 miles east of Moscow, were exposed to an accidental release of anthrax from a biological weapons complex located near there. At least 94 people were infected, of whom at least 68 died.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Is it just me? After reading the OP the first thing coming to my mind was Iran. I am not sure if I heard this in a conversation or if I read it here in ATS. Someone saying that Iran is strong on bio-weaponry.

So, in case the US attacks Iran, it should be ready for Iran´s sleeper cells in US releaing bio-attacks. So, the post-office could work as logistics for treating people suffering from the bio-attacks. What do you guys think? Make sense?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by henriquefd
Is it just me? After reading the OP the first thing coming to my mind was Iran. I am not sure if I heard this in a conversation or if I read it here in ATS. Someone saying that Iran is strong on bio-weaponry.

So, in case the US attacks Iran, it should be ready for Iran´s sleeper cells in US releaing bio-attacks. So, the post-office could work as logistics for treating people suffering from the bio-attacks. What do you guys think? Make sense?

Absolutely.
Are you ready?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
Absolutely.
Are you ready?

yup. I live in Brazil.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by henriquefd]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Absolutely.
Are you ready?

yup. I live in Brazil.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by henriquefd]

Excellent.
One problem with Brazil is that when you venture too far outside the city there are cannibals. heh.

Total economic and physical meltdown will touch every part of the globe. Of course if a million people survive the human race will grow after a few thousand years and maybe they won't F it up this time. Maybe we should write them some tablets to follow so they get it right. Or build some pyramids with some words of wisdom.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I remember a friend of mine telling me about an executive order that once initiated would give the post master general of each area the power to do basically whatever they wanted including the seizure of personal property without due process.

I'll have to ask him what it was called again and re-post later.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I suppose I should go shopping today and get a couple of military grade masks huh?
Though I am Mostly prepared for almost anything, this is on the edge of funny.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
N95 masks are available at Home Depot. Has to be N95. And they will even keep out radiation dust.
Further, I don't let my children pick up the mail from the mailbox because of residual anthrax dust. Also there will be a certain amount of quartine issues that might keep you locked in a neighborhood for weeks so I suggest other supplies, especially beer, to have on hand.

What are the signs of anthrax? Anyone know?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

N95 masks are available at Home Depot. Has to be N95. And they will even keep out radiation dust.
Further, I don't let my children pick up the mail from the mailbox because of residual anthrax dust. Also there will be a certain amount of quartine issues that might keep you locked in a neighborhood for weeks so I suggest other supplies, especially beer, to have on hand.

Yeah I don't think a paper base mask like that will do squat. Especially in a bio attack. and I do have plenty of booze and coffee stocked....and burritos

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

If you´re going for the Mask shouldnt you also be going for the whole Suit? I mean, what´s the point of protecting your face and leaving the rest of your body unprotected?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

If you´re going for the Mask shouldnt you also be going for the whole Suit? I mean, what´s the point of protecting your face and leaving the rest of your body unprotected?

Inhaled and cutaneous have different healing levels. Harder to heal lungs than skin.
Also take a change of clothes with you in your car incase you get dust you will need something else to wear because HAZMAT takes your clothes.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
So the postmen will be used to help distribute emergency relief in the wake of a biological attack. Its not a conspiracy people, its just putting procedures in place so we don't have a Katrina do-over

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Anthrax is not well suited for a grand scale attack...

First it had to be in such large quantities, you had to aerosolize the spores, if there isnt wind, the spores would fall to the ground, its not made for airborne dissemination, and it is not contagious... - plus you have to inhale LARGE quantities of it to actually become sick - ppl that work with wool inhale it and you dont see them dropping like flies - and second its treatable with regular antibiotics.

So it would kill a couple of hundreds at max in super ideal conditions, but its not effective as a weapon of mass-"anything".

If you really want to do damage, anthrax really isnt the way.

(and before someone mentions it, no you cant use a fogger)

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

"Symptoms and effects.

Anthrax is an acute (rapidly developing) infection of the skin, lungs, and gastrointestinal tract. Skin infection can be caused by direct contact with contaminated wool, hides, or tissues. Infection of the skin results in dry scabs forming at the point of contact. This form is known as cutaneous anthrax (CA) or malignant pustule or malignant carbuncle and occurs most frequently on the hands and forearms of people who work with livestock. The swelling and ulcerated sores associated with CA may develop into systemic (throughout the body) infections. Pulmonary (lung) or inhalation anthrax results from inhalation of Bacillus anthracis spores with passage into the lungs result in fever, shock, and eventually death.

A typical example of the black lesions seen in cases of cutaneous anthrax.

In the event of the use of anthrax as a weapon, the appearance of these lesions may be one of the first signs.

Infection first appears with the sudden onset of flu-like symptoms that appear within 1-6 days after infection. After 2-4 days, victims exhibit a range of more severe symptoms ranging from essentially similar to upper respiratory tract syndrome: mild fever, general malaise, myalgia to difficulty breathing, exhaustion, tachycardia, cyanosis, and terminal shock. Death usually occurs within 36 hours after the patient first experiences difficulty breathing. In cases of pulmonary anthrax, up to 80% fatalities can be expected without treatment. Historically, treatment has been considered ineffective after the appearance of symptoms of inhalation anthrax. However, aggressive treatment with antibiotics at the earliest diagnosis was effective in treating a number of those developing inhalation anthrax in the 2001 anthrax mail attack

Edema and necrosis in victims arises from the actions of a toxin called anthrax toxin that has three components:

* Edema Factor (EF)
* Protective Antigen (PA)
* Lethal Factor (LF)

The protective antigen is responsible for binding of the toxin to target cells and passage through the cell membrane. Edema factor interferes with one of the regulatory signaling pathways in the cell, it is an adenylate cyclase. Lethal factor disrupts a second key regulatory system by inactivating an enzyme called MAPKK (mitogen activated protein kinase kinase). The disruption of these central processes kills the cell. The widening of the mediastinum, which is the area behind the breastbone, seen in inhalation anthrax is due this cell death. Bacteria arising from the inhaled spores accumulate in lymph nodes in the area and as the tissue is destroyed (necrotic mediastinitis), the opening widens."

There ya go.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Been lurking for awhile now on Zeuseadam's other threads and just started following this one. Although the poor guy is a bit incoherent, his pieces seem to fit together - at least the pieces you can make sense out of. Often, it is easy to simply dismiss completely out of hand the seemingly incoherent ramblings of a stranger. BUT... there is something about Zeuseadam's posts that have left me very uneasy. I think we dismiss Zeuseadam and his warnings at our own peril.

I don't really have anything to corroborate what Zeuseadam is saying. But you can Google any of the info he is offering and you can easily start making connections. In other words, the dots are there and they are connected, although I'm not getting a complete picture as of yet.

Seems to me that the ultimate play is going to be biological, you can feel it. I believe, and again, nothing to confirm it, that H1N1 was designed to see HOW a virus would travel and infect - what would the infection patterns be and what would the response be from the medical community. Besides, nuclear or chemical attacks would leave the place uninhabitable and worthless. Secondly, a lab-created pandemic would most likely have an "Antidonte" for those meant to survive the attack.

I recall reading a rather lengthy tome regarding H1N1, Baxter, the Head of the WHO's infectious disease unit being invoilved in securing patents for novel influenze variants like H1N1 and such, the connections of these individuals to intelligence and how the outbreaks seemed to coincide with various Baxter facilities worldwide... There was much more fascinating research attached to it that seemed to point to a bona-fide conspiracy.

When one starts to connect that Al Queda is really CIA, that Osama was, and still is, an operator, that the war on terror has nothing to do with Muslim extremists, 9/11 was likely an inside job used to sell the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, the pentagon was hit by a missile, the recent attack on flight 253 seems to be false-flag and on and on and on - it doesn't seem so far fetched to believe that the players are all linked by a common purpose and are executing some kind of plan. It seems so convoluted, but is probably relatively simple if you have all of the pieces.

Governments and politics aside, we ALL know that there are some "Not very nice" people in the world. Would it really be so far-fetched to believe that they are working in concert with one another to orchestrate some master plan that would allow them to secure great wealth and power? Would it also be too far-fetched to believe that somehow, in some way, there might be poeple like Zeuseadam who may have some awareness of this? I'm just sayin'...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
New "anthrax" scare - suspicious letters in Alabama - check our this article:

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Want to know the most important fact out of all of this? We can spend all the money we want preparing for "x" attack and all the people here will do is complain. The second we do get attacked everyone is going to be pointing fingers at who is to blame. On that some note you can expect Obama to cover his behind and make an effort towards stopping any serious terror threat that faces America. Anybody who has an IQ above room temperature knows I am right.

Politics is a tricky game. I am going to let you guys in on a little secret. Politicians do not lie because they want to. Politicians lie because we the people force them to. We the people do not have the slightest understanding of what can or cannot be done in government. Therefore, we expect the most and will only elect the person who offers the most.

As for my second point

There are people out there who wish to kill Americans. They do not wish to kill Americans just for the sake of killing Americans. They do not wish to kill Americans because they hate our freedom. They wish to kill Americans simply because it furthers their cause.

Anybody who does not believe there are people out there who wish to kill Americans (regardless of why or when they choose to do it) is retarded.

Anybody who believes that these people are not intelligent enough or do not have the resources to attack the US is insulating them far more than I ever could (my hats off to ya).

With that being said...

After a bit of thought I have decided that I am going to wrap this up rather quickly. If you live in the US and you believe that the government is fear-mongering I will accept your change of opinion when your loved ones are killed in a terror attack.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Its not about "killing americans". Its about bringing america down as a nation, to watch it fall... killing americans its just... well means to an end in some cases, but thinking a bit about it and trying to fit into the "enemy's shoes" you'll see that there is an insane amount of sadistic amusement seeing the greatest super power on earth always looking over its shoulder and constantly in fear that something might happen - thats also rewarding.

Take 9-11 for instance and the people cheering. They werent cheering cause americans were dying. They were cheering because it was a hard blow on the nation itself. To see the most powerful nation on earth, the all mighty US actually tremble in their own land, and showing that even the US are fragile, a whole nation scared and in panic.

See it crumble and watch it reduced to a "has been", completely shattered as a nation is the reward... not "the killing".

You see... like I said on another thread, the problem when you're number 1 at something is there's always someone dedicated to take you down. It was always like that, it will always be.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Yeah exactly! That's why I wrote killing Americans to further their cause. I don't think a lot of people here realize how big the idea to bring America down has become. Part of that cause can include killing American people.

The point I try to make is that this is all part of a cycle, and everything is in reality. The US needs to protect itself. Those who wish to attack will always be thinking of ways to attack. The US must come up with new ways to defend. And so on. I try to think up realistic ways to stop the cycle but I always fail. By realistic I mean something that could actually happen; something that both sides would participate in. This saddens me, because I know what will happen if the cycle continues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join