It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't shoot the messenger!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellfrozeover
OK....why is there 5 flags? There is only 5 previous posts and I surely didn't flag this thread. I really don't understand why anyone would?

Can someone please clarify this for me......

I was one of the people who flagged the thread before contributing .

It was your comment "Oh I get it.......you have to be part of the click of the ATS for years" that prompted me to respond.

Hope this clarified the situation for you .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That chip on your shoulder you have `carried-over` from another website or negative experience garnered elsewhere - best to lose it now, least you inhibit your enjoyment of this fantastic resource.

This is an opportunity to gain some of that respect you seek .

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Threads like this, though well meant, always seem to backfire and give resentful trolls the green light to vent their insecurities.

I wish we wouldn't single members out by name, I know if I were Phage, this discussion as it's taking shape would make me really uncomfortable.

As far as the message in the OP, it is a worthy one to be sure ... lest those who don't like rain shoot the weatherman. (no not that one)

[edit on 3 Jan 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

I totally agree......and can take it a step further, but sadly I will remain silent....because it would be unpopular subject matter and could result in the banning gun being fired.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hellfrozeover

could result in the banning gun being fired.

Another unwarranted insecurity as was mentioned before..

This is a perfect example of the OP

With a little more experience, one would understand that as long as we remain within the T&C, that comment is completely groundless.

Being new is not and should not ever be considered "bad" in anyway. Only being new and completely disregarding more senior peoples views. As new Members we learn and read and listen and of course post our thoughts and ideas. But to disrespect another member, especially one that has some years here, is foolish and a direct indication of lack of experience.

That is why we don't shoot the messenger especially when that messenger has proven themselves to be valid and informative.

Semper

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thank you for clarifing that for me.....now, if I said people like you are smart......I am only implying you are smart, not a direct statement, yes?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Here's the tough part though-

This IS the number one conspiracy website.

Which leaves the door open for many things to be talked about that one would suppose TPTB or whoever else, would not want us to talk about.

So the real question is, whether there is, or isn't dis-info agents,

how would we ever really know?

Not knowing makes people a lot more crazy than knowing for a fact.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by willis7737

That is a good point and the only thing I can tell you is I just post regardless of the possibility of a "Disinfo" agent.

I have read virtually dozens of thread with claims of disinfo yet have seen zero proof.

Semper

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The validity of your implications have been substantiated previously in this thread.

Semper

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Really.....are you so sure that is true? I have witnessed this first hand. If it is not a popular statement or topic you could be banned. And Mr. Bill said it himself, long standing members will be recognized over all others. I didn't say it verbatim, but it is close.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellfrozeover

Thank you for clarifing that for me.....now, if I said people like you are smart......I am only implying you are smart, not a direct statement, yes?

Troll psychology:

Now, what is it that you want?

[edit on 3 Jan 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

People bash Phage because they hate how everyone takes his word for it, and it must be true because the infamous Phage said it..

People need to learn for themselves

Not to focus too much on one member , but in my experience Phage always provides links to the data on which he bases his comments .

Now the subject of not reading sources provided before replying to someone is an issue , missed opportunities to learn for themselves indeed.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

If it is not a popular statement or topic you could be banned.

I have been here going on 4 years

That is another completely false statement

Semper

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

No chip.....I am just making statements of observations that I have had here on ATS. No other site and I really don't care if I get yours or anyone else's respect.

Actually, I started off on this thread feeling good and it kinda of went south from there.....sorry if you all feel questioning what I have observed here as being inappropriate, off topic or whatever. I'll try and be a good boy from now on.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
You guys take this forum too seriously....
90% of it is pure trash...5% nonsense...and 5% interesting.
And the 5% that is interesting usually gets sidetracked by some fear-mongering loony. *sigh*

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
My $.02;

I don't know Phage, but I learned of his name after the Norway lights event. Here is my issue with him though. Everyone was like, "Phage, Phage! Come explain this ish that NOBODY knows about" Right...

Now, as someone has already stated, this guy or gal is just a person like you and me or most of us anyway. how in the hell do people just automatically assume he can explain some ish that has only been seen like ONE time in China?

He came on claiming that infact, "it is a faulty rocket launch", "just look at Russias scheduled rocket launches". Right, ok, that's a great idea, because once the official story comes out there's no way anyone could have changed things to support the story... right?

So my point is simple in this case, he didn't know a damn thing about that event and neither did anyone else on here. Then there are the quantum physicist, the scientific minds, not the celebrity stars of ATS that offered scientific explanations. The ones who scoured the internet and their truly intelligible minds for an answer. Did Phage mention HAARP? I think not, he mentioned a goddamn misfired rocket just like Yahoo!.

Did he mention torsion field energy? Nope... I don't think so. Then there's the small problem... I'm no physicist so how do I know THAT'S the right answer?
I don't, but it's like putting your money on the economic recovery based on some ish you read in the SUN publication rather than a new update from Peter Schiff. Why would you? So here you have few physicist claiming the Norway spiral was caused by manipulated torsion energies, and the you have Phage claiming a misfired rocket... yeah. Go Phage fans.

My entire point is not that he doesn't know anything, but rather that he is a personality on ATS who gathers information based off GOOGLE searches just like you and me. He just happens to be a little bit faster are adept at it. Then you have scientific minds who can explain things... and correct me if I'm wrong, but he is no scientist.

So the question is, "why do people defend an opinion based on a persons internet research"? And why do people get so damn upset when a sound mind comes along and says, "hey, what the hell? This guy doesn't have PHD, or a masters degree in everything!" So why assume he knows anything? Maybe he's just a speed reader...

People should remain skeptical of people who CLAIM to have the answer, especially when the answer is one which they didn't devise or research themselves.

Power to the answers, and even more power to the skeptics.

"We can only know the truth upon experience"

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Thanks for your very interesting thoughts, C.H.U.D.

I agree completely.

It is the objective, expert commentary & analysis that provides the high quality reading & discussion here on ATS.

That's what will eventually allow us to make progress with this extremely difficult area of "UFO" study.

Without the objective, expert commentary & analysis, we are sunk.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

What about the guy with the unpopular view of the cops being shot? He did get banned, yes?

And by taking a statement out of context got another banned on the another thread.

Oh and not to mention my warning from seagull on the Norway Spiral Thread, for absolutely no reason and my objection went to deaf ears.

Would you like me to start a Thread regarding this topic and see what kind of response it receives?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I'm posting as a Member and as such, I say start whatever thread you want to.

As for what you mentioned, it is not acceptable to discuss Banned Members, but I can tell you this; anyone that was Banned was done so due to T&C violations and nothing more.

Any other assumptions are erroneous and self serving

Semper

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS, hellfrozeover

Try to relax a little & focus on more of the positive aspects of this site

ATS is run by a pretty decent group, all in all.

I think Semperfortis is demonstrating that in his conversation with you.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join