It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relaxation & Meditation...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I've just been looking through YouTube specifically for meditation videos etc. As its something im fairly interested in and I came across a few of them that I think at least some here might enjoy listening to aswell.

So here is a few of them hope you enjoy them as I did...

Deep Space Meditation - A Relaxing Video

Angel Meditation

Meditation - Reflection & Relaxation, Raise Your Vibrations

EDIT: Also It really would be nice to hear some of other people’s favourite meditation music.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Rising Against]

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I like Andreas Vollenweider, plays beautiful harp.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
As a long time meditater I appreciate coming across new techniques and guidance. Good luck in your journey.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Thank You

Good Luck in yours aswell

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
dhrupad is an amazing music for meditation (the alap only, the short composition & bhajan that follow are then nice to come down)

these alap are usually between 45 min & 90 min of heavy psychedelism (don't play that for a social gathering !)

it's a very strictly structured music at least 8 centuries old.

Main families nowadays are Dagar & Mallik (both muslim and it's actually also very interesting and open-minding to hear any of those going wild on Hindu bhajan - bom shiva!)

i recommend highly Uday Bhawalkar (vocals - had learnt from the Dagar family) and PUSHPARAJ KOUSTI (Subahar -ancestor of the sitar). Those two are mastering their art with a striking humility (was lucky enough to see them perform).
Not as brilliant and perfect but still amazing artists are the Gundecha Brother, Dagar brothers (vocals) and Bahaudin Dagar (rudra veena - two-headed sitar-like with amazing low-frequency sounds).

It's not easy to find this music, the best is to go to a sharing platform like soulseek to get good quality (& compression) recordings. Alternatively, go to India or look for Dhrupad festival, I know they organize some in canada and Europe during summer but I doubt those masters are performing there.

note also, that Dhrupad is not very popular anymore in India and that now, more and more of dhrupad students are actually westerners ! we can expect Dhrupad to slowly lose its roots from India and become an international movement in the next decades (which is cool otherwise it would just disappear)

edit to add that you won't find any alap in youtube only compositions (with the pakawaj), but you will on google videos (you might see me too in the audience
)

[edit on 3-1-2010 by ::.mika.::]

top topics

join