It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Yemen Attack" meant to incite Revolution?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If you unfamiliar with the "attempted terrorist attack" on Christmas Day in Detroit, you might want to search "Detroit Terrorist Cover" on ATS and read a few articles. It should provide you with some appropriate back story for this event and this post, should you be unaware of the story, I'll paraphrase here, please visit links for more info.

Basically, as I understand it, it went down like this:
A young man's father started noticing his son was taking an interest in extremist muslim groups and behaviour.
The young man went to Yemen.
The father contacted authorities and said, "My son is in Yemen, being trained by terrorists."
The authorities said, "thank you." and not much else.
The young man was "allowed" on an American bound plane without a passport with the help of a "well dressed Indian man" (How this works is beyond me...) The Indian man did not get on board.
The young man had a pouch of powder strapped to his leg and a syringe.
It was meant to be a big boom, but for some reason was only a sizzle and smoke.
The young man was tackled by those onboard and then taken into custody in Detroit.
The FBI questioned everyone on board the plane and made one other arrest from the passenger list. (Nobody is talking about that, except one of the passengers here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some rumors I've heard...
1.) The amount and type of explosive used wouldn't have had the desired effect. It was not enough to blow a hole in the plane.
2.) Webster Tarpley

For those of you that don't know, Webster Tarpley is a conspiratorial writer. He pops up in the usual circles ATS members travel in, and if you don't know who he is, you will eventually. (I'm not saying he's good/bad, right/wrong.)

Now, Tarpley went on RussiaToday or RT as it is known on youtube and "spilled the beans" on this whole story. View it here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

RT, in and of itself, is a very interesting phenomenon, and I'm not at all sure of it's purpose, legitimacy or earnestness. (Which is much the same way I feel about Tarpley) However, I think in this case, it's very likely that Tarpley hit the nail on the head. At this point, if you havent already seen it, click the link above this paragraph, view it, then come back and finish my article.

It seems to me, like it does, I'm sure, to most here that this whole thing is a setup. Even if you dismiss the "well dressed Indian," the "failure of the mission," and Webster Tarpley, it's obvious the reason this event occurred was so that the US gov could move on Yemen. (We know this is true because Obama said he would.) There are no accidents with this kind of thing.

Now the ease with which this event took place makes it seem as if a conspiracy has occurred.

I've already begun reading some posts here about how this was all done to put the new "naked scanners" in airports. This may happen, but I doubt that this is the reason why. I'm actually not concerned with the "why" of this event, I think the "why" is obvious, I think, siding with Tarpley on this one, even the "who" is obvious. (I do hope that this finally squashes any lingering clutches for "change" or "hope" from the Obama administration. In my opinion, this event and Obama's reaction to it, proves only his acting ability. Bush, Obama, Democrat, Republican, it doesn't matter. TPTB haven't changed since before they killed JFK.) (But that's a whole 'nother thread.)

What does interest me, and what was the impetus for the questions I'm about to pose, came from watching CNN on December 27. There was the usual speculatory pieces from so-called experts and quite alot of talk about the "systemic failure" that led to this incident. In particular I saw one reporter, (sorry I can't remember who,) throw up his hands in disbelief and literally cry out, "How could the CIA let this happen?"

I put my head in my hands and laughed. Not the HAHA kind of laugh, but the "Oh my god you people are driving me nuts!" kind of laugh. Of course, the reporter meant, "How did the CIA let this happen?" in a nuts and bolts kind of way, not the moral take of, "How dare the CIA let this happen." What was important is, CNN actively persued this line for at least several hours. "The CIA let this happen." "The CIA failed." "The system failed." etc.

Now, I've been around the block a couple times, I've studied this stuff probably as much as some of you and more than most. It's not as if I'm privy to information that you are not, but I needn't be. When the MSM is telling me that TPTB are failing and the price of that failing is my death, I'm going to do something to protect myself. (This isn't a threat, this is an expected reaction.)And knowing what I do about, for instance, the CIA, the Whitehouse, Americans, Psychology and Social Engineering, I think that we are slowly being set up to lose faith in TPTB. I think this loss of faith will lead to some sort of revolt. The problem is, it's TPTB that are selling it. So the first question for YOU becomes:

1.) Why are we being set up to lose faith in TPTB?

I've got some answers of my own, but I want to hear yours.

Now, I've recently had this discussion with a friend of mine who works in Finances, he reminded me that it's not the CIA, the Whitehouse, Obama or the government in general that is in charge. It's big business. While I agree with this for the most part, it doesn't change my question at it's heart, just who we might point our fingers at. It is different enough of a scenario to warrant a seperate question:

2.) Why would big business want us to lose faith in TPTB?

I'd also like to know what people think of the credibility of RT and Tarpley.
How does Tarpley get away with this kind of stuff? How is he not arrested for treason? Is he a plant?

Please tell me your thoughts.
U2U me if you'd care to leave them private.
I'll put up my own answers after I'm sure any chance of influence has vanished.

edited for bad link

[edit on 3-1-2010 by briantaylor]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
that is a brilliant way of thinking about this. I never even let it enter my mind that the whole "revolution" thing is exactly the direction we are being steered. I feel like such a tool. There are few things that happen that aren't planned, and it would be incredibly arrogant to thing that this isn't one of them. Thanks for the wake up. It will be interesting to see what theories surface about why. Of that, I have no idea yet.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hi,

I've worked out that MSM stands for Main Stream Media, but what does TBTP stand for? I've never heard of that over here in the UK.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ozymandias2010

TPTB = the powers that be

RT is one of the least biased news sources on the net, they give a

podium to people that US MSM would never give a voice to.

Tarply knows his stuff, don't wait for him to air these veiws on CNN,

ain't gonna happen.

The average US citizen is now believeing the Boogyman lives in Yemen,

so it would be ok to murder a million there .

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
irrelevant post removed

[edit on 3-1-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Okay the powers that be. (Or the be that powers whatever).

Well I would argue that it is simply to allow large more successful attacks to take place in the future so that there is a good cross-spread of supposed systemic failures. Historians of the future might say, "but it should be no suprise that the LA dirty bomb of 2011 was able to occur, even after the events of 9/11. By 2010 Homeland security was bordering on comical as a failed attack in Detroit showed. The attacker from Yemen had no problem boarding a flight even after being flagged as a potential terrorist blah blah etc...."

In relation to why big business might want this to occur, I suppose for the same reason, possibly in anticipation of further economic decline.

I should be noted that the 'symptoms' of the Nigerian bomber in Detroit are much the same of the failed attackers of Glasgow airport in 2007. All of the attackers who fail in their attempt are characterised by the same trancelike state, drugged eyes, and lack of coherence.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I mean RT is pretty interesting really. It's difficult to judge. During the Russia-Georgia conflict in 2008 they hit the nail on the head, and were the only station to report the truth - whereas every other station was clocked onto the West's propaganga machine. I say 'truth' cautiuously of course, but following the conflict most reviews of the situation take the RT line, thus rendering CNNs reportage etc complete trash. So in that sense they appear to be very good. But having said all that, I've always regarded the relationship between the US and Russia to be a bogus. That is to say that it is deliberately faked to portray enemy status. I mean this a pretty obvious trick when on the same stage as Iran and China etc. By setting up Russia as an enemy you can potentially engineer a situation whereby your mid-range enemies (Iran, Yemen, Venez) are inclined to buy their crap-weapons-that-look-like-cool-weapons from Russia, rather than going to the real strategic beast that is China, and getting the really cool stuff.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Couldn't possibly be that AQ has announced that they will down planes and kill non-muslims because of their ideology, eh?
Has to be some evil secret government plot to make us all zombies of mindcontrol instead. Yeah.

AQ will succeed eventually and of course there will be those who still blame the US government because of lack of real knowledge. How very sad.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
Couldn't possibly be that AQ has announced that they will down planes and kill non-muslims because of their ideology, eh?
Has to be some evil secret government plot to make us all zombies of mindcontrol instead. Yeah.

AQ will succeed eventually and of course there will be those who still blame the US government because of lack of real knowledge. How very sad.

Who exactly is the terrorist?

How many people did AQ kill today ? Jan 3

How many did the US kill today ? Jan 3

Who is the terrorist ?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Who exactly is the terrorist?

How many people did AQ kill today ? Jan 3

How many did the US kill today ? Jan 3

Who is the terrorist ?

1/1/10 Children are amply represented among over one hundred spectators massacred at a volleyball tournament by a Fedayeen suicide bomber.
105 killed 100 injured.

The US. zero.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

It's an interesting notion.

Frankly, I believe it likely has more to do with priming the American public to accept a collapse similar to the Soviet Union, rather than incite 'revolution'.

Multinational corporations will surely be pulling the strings to make sure what replaces the United States is still good for business. Of this, I am 100% certain.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
"REUTERS - The United States and Britain closed their embassies in Yemen on Sunday over security concerns about possible militant attacks after the failed bombing of a U.S.-bound plane on Christmas Day.

The U.S. Embassy said it had received a threat by al Qaeda, which U.S. intelligence agencies believe has a growing presence in the poor Arab country"
www.france24.com...

So I guess the US and UK are just over reacting and there is no threat...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Oh, the threat to embassy personnel is very real-- at least it will be.

I read elsewhere that staff and family members have quietly over the past month all but abandoned the US embassy.

Something BIG is about to happen.

If you're interested, here's more on the situation in Yemen.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by JJay55

Oh, the threat to embassy personnel is very real-- at least it will be.

I read elsewhere that staff and family members have quietly over the past month all but abandoned the US embassy.

Something BIG is about to happen.

If you're interested, here's more on the situation in Yemen.

Yeah, Iran and Yemen has lots of movement that is quite curious.
15th is the new moon.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You have to remember that the Houthi rebels are essentially Shi-ites backed by Iran, with the Yemeni gov largely backed by the Saudis. Obviously Iran is the big story at the moment. I would hazard a guess that the US is planning to fake a revolution in Yemen itself whereby 'Al-Qaeda' seize control. This would allow for the US to invade proper and to stop the Iranians from getting a strategic foothold so close to Saudi.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hope it's allright that I respond to everyone in one post.

Ozy, tbtp is a typo. Your argument that this event makes your "Dirty Bomb" hypothesis possible is valid, but that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking, "Why do they want this?" Why are we being programmed to fail? I am interested in your comments on the "trance like state" of these alleged terrorists. Can you elaborate further on this, please?

I too am intrigued by RT, but I think something is rotten in Denmark, pun intended. Still haven't heard from anyone on whether or not you think Tarpley is treasonous...

JJay, I'd be interested to know your opinion of the history of AQ. I'd be willing to bet it's very different from mine. Further to our differences of opinion: I'm not saying that AQ is not a threat, nor that it is not real. I'm saying it is not something that is "out there." It is literally, right here, reading these words, right now. We need it to do what it is we feel we must. Without us there is no it, without it, there is no us.

Loam, your comments seem the most along my train of thought. IE: getting us ready for collapse. But why? To what ends?

Thanks to 12m8keall2C for havin' my back.

I'm still not seeing the big picture here...
If tptb see this as an endgame, how is there going to be a profit to make?
What is the payoff?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking, "Why do they want this?" Why are we being programmed to fail?

Well I re-read your first post, and funnily enough, perhaps the TPTB typo serves a useful purpose in drawing attention to the fact that there is actually no such thing as the powers that be per se. I mean, you can talk about a particular era's administration, or you can refer to certain media outlets, banking groups, think tanks, the Chinese, the Israelis; all of which by themselves are sufficiently powerful and posess the tools to play big games. But it would clearly be a mistake to lump them altogether as one big player, and I think that is something that people don't tend to appreciate. Take 9/11 for example. The primary benefactors for that would be Israel, and there is a litany of evidence that Mossad was heavily involved with it's orchestration. So given that most people these days are divided between a dialectic of whether it was carried out by AQ, or by the Bush Admin (!), only serves to work in Israel's favor. And you could say that the Bush admin were factually the powers that be given that they were the rulers at the time, and yet Israel were the powers that be in respect of them being able to carry it out.

Much is the same now. I mean just understanding it from the perpective of the poor brainwashed Nigerian is enough to underscore the point that it's about patsys and framers. So I don't think TPTB are setting TPTB up to fail. But instead, group A is setting group B up to fail. And there are so many groups!

I mean who's to say on the subject of 9/11 that China wasn't reponsible, and that the principle patsy is AQ, being seemingly set-up by the Bush admin, being seemingly set-up by Israel, craftly exploited and drawing upon age-old wounds of a jewish conspiracy by China. And why should it stop there?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by briantaylor
JJay, I'd be interested to know your opinion of the history of AQ. I'd be willing to bet it's very different from mine. Further to our differences of opinion: I'm not saying that AQ is not a threat, nor that it is not real. I'm saying it is not something that is "out there." It is literally, right here, reading these words, right now. We need it to do what it is we feel we must. Without us there is no it, without it, there is no us.

I suspect you are one of those who won't have an open mind, but I'll give you one shot.
AQ is an Arabic phrase. It is a concept of Islam. Do you believe Islam exists?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
In respect of the 'trance like' state - this is something that appeared in testiments of the man from Amsterdam who took him down on the plane. It's fairly easy to find such quotes. Things like "He was in a trance"...."seemed very scared i can't believe he was actually a threat he was just on fire."

Similar are the witness quotes about the Glasgow 2007 attacks: "They were like they were on drugs.......staring into nothing...there eyes were glazed over" blah etc

Just have a delve around and it's not too hard to find.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well here's something I just immediately found for starters:-

2007 Glasgow Airport Atttacks - Daily Record

"He came closer. He was quite determined. He was coming at me. "I thought he was going to have a go at me so I hit him in the face with the jet of water. He looked a bit crazy. I thought he was on drugs or something. "I said, 'Get back'. He pointed towards the vehicle and said, 'There are bombs'.

2009 Detroit Delta Airlines Attack - Daily Mail

"We took him to first class and stripped him to make sure he had no more weapons, no more bombs.' Abdulmutallab appeared to be 'in a trance', he added. 'He was staring into nothing. The whole plane was screaming, but the suspect, he didn't say a word.' When Mr Schuringa rose to get off the plane after the prisoner was led away in shackles, his fellow passengers broke out in applause."

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join