It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This thread will surely convince you the year 2012 has great significance!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NibiruWarrior
This is the reason a lot of military sattellites are now pointing at our Sun as I think that's the medium (or way) in which it's going to happen.

Can you provide a valid source that "a lot of military satellites are now pointing at the sun"? Where did you get that from?

cashing in GOLD, because they are taking that with them down there,

Now this has to be one of the silliest ideas ever posted. Just what do you expect "them" to do with the gold? Eat it?

as well as stole the collection that was under the WTC.

You should really not make up stories, it lacks intelligence www.rediff.com... "In a joint statement Friday, NYBOT and ScotiaMocatta, the metals trading division of Canada's Bank of Nova Scotia, said the metals had been relocated and were again available to guaranty delivery of futures contracts exchange traded at the COMEX metals division of the NYMEX.

"All of the silver, gold, platinum, and palladium stored in its vaults at 4 World Trade Center have been successfully relocated by an Exchange-approved carrier to a newly Exchange-licensed Brink's Inc depository in Brooklyn," they said.

Spurred by authorities who wanted to demolish the building, by the potential for crime, and by whatever has always driven men to hunt for gold, emergency crews dug through the rubble and got a first glimpse of the gleaming booty on Oct 30.

Guarded by a small army of heavily armed federal agents, city policemen and firefighters began the massive task of moving about 12 tonnes of gold and 30 million ounces of silver. The hoard was estimated to be worth at least $230 million."

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Hear hear!

i am 100% behind you when you say mayans where on about Change...

Maybe its the Death of Religion, now wouldnt that be nice!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
curious.astro.cornell.edu...
There seems to be a problem with the 63 million year number, as it is closer to 35 million. The basis for your argument is unfounded.

Of course the Sun won't keep on going in this direction forever. In fact we approximate it's motion by an 'epicycle' on top of the mean motion around the Galaxy. The period of oscillation in and out of the plane of the galaxy (up and down) is about 70 million years. This means that we pass through the Galactic midplane about every 35 million years which some people have compared with the period between mass extinctions on Earth to come up with yet another doomsday theory. In fact it is true that the number of cosmic rays which hit the Earth will increase during the (about a) hundred thousand years we are closer to the Galactic plane. There have also been some plausible theories about the overall temperature of the Earth increasing (with the relevent climatic changes that implies).
Yes...we pass through the galactic belt about every 30-35My...a FULL CYCLE takes around 63My...and mass extinctions seem to happen around every 62My...here's what I think is happening...please excuse the dodgy handwriting:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d62afed77fc0.jpg[/atsimg]

EDIT: So, basically, as you can see in this picture, I believe that when we move below the galactic belt, the sudden polarity shift may affect us, or there is something on that side of the belt which affects the life on Earth very harshly.

[edit on 3/1/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Riight.. they cut out the hearts of their buddies, offering it up to the "Gods." i.e. the stars and the moon. Yea.. flipping brilliant, they were.

There is no proof whatsoever that they possessed any keen intellect or insight about the universe at large. A calendar and a horribly mangled translation by a guy who has a website where you can buy some THIRTY products full of his "really special" interpretations is hardly conclusive proof we are all doomed in 2012.

Such ridiculous rubbish.. ugh. I can't wait until December 1st 2013. Of course, he'll predict some amazing new revelation that will serve him until he dies, and people around here will treat it like the new gospel, so I suppose it hardly matters.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

You seem to be thinking that the Earths poles are going to flip?

Wrong object in the solar system, The Suns magnetic Poles will 100% flip in 2012...but this is normal

Now if your saying that There is going to be a Huge Solar storm in 2012 and that it will cause serious damage to Earth infascrutrce then i can go along with that, let me put this Serranio to you

Huge CME hits Earth and wipes out 99% of satellites in orbit ( bit like the storm in the late 80's cept we didnt have that many Satellites up then no biggie)

The effect of losing GPS would be Catastrophic to a 21st century society,
You will lose

-Power grids
-Water Supplies
-Commercial Shipping

and i know people are going to say we manged to survive with out them before and we can do again....Absolutely Right we did... But now as we have upgraded our technology, IT WONT WORK WITH OUT THE SATALITES!

The worst of the storm is over, Electrical Devices all over the globe are fried and we have no Satellites left in Operation in space

Now you cant get 100% power back on still you have the satellites back up and you cant get the satellites back up with out power....see the problem?

Now lets talk about Food shall we

Most of the Western worlds food is Probably held up in refrigerated warehouses sell by date of most say 2 months

Now you have a deadline to get the worlds infrastructure back in to place within 2 months or you will have MASS starvation

i hope you are all still with me and see where I'm going with this

we can be thrown back in to dark ages Very quickly we lose a few key levels to our industry and we could never recover

We can go on to speculate that this has hap pend before and the reason we have things like the Pyramids and strangely advanced civilizations because little pockets of Knowledge stay alive for a while, But eventually it dies out and we have to start again,

People don't really learn things any more they just ask wiki, and this is Dumbing us down so if we ever lose all our Technology we might as well be Apes again!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Your logic is absurd, quite frankly.
Lets look at that another way.
Adolf Hitler killed 6 million Jews. Therefore, there is no way he could have had the V2 developed, right?

Whether you want to place stock in the 2012 predictions matters not. The Mayans were highly advanced in astronomy.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TreX-UK

No...that's not quite what I meant...I just mean that the position of our solar system and Earth has changed galactic polarity...the galaxy is probably somewhat like an insanely huge magnet or something like that...I'm not really sure, but it's obvious that some sort of polarity will be shifted when we move through to the other side of the galaxy...and i have no idea if the Earths poles will shift along with it...

[edit on 3/1/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreX-UK
reply to post by CHA0S

Wrong object in the solar system, The Suns magnetic Poles will 100% flip in 2012...but this is normal

Now if your saying that There is going to be a Huge Solar storm in 2012 and that it will cause serious damage to Earth infascrutrce then i can go along with that, let me put this Serranio to you

Huge CME hits Earth and wipes out 99% of satellites in orbit ( bit like the storm in the late 80's cept we didnt have that many Satellites up then no biggie)

The effect of losing GPS would be Catastrophic to a 21st century society,
You will lose

-Power grids
-Water Supplies
-Commercial Shipping

and i know people are going to say we manged to survive with out them before and we can do again....Absolutely Right we did... But now as we have upgraded our technology, IT WONT WORK WITH OUT THE SATALITES!

The worst of the storm is over, Electrical Devices all over the globe are fried and we have no Satellites left in Operation in space

Now you cant get 100% power back on still you have the satellites back up and you cant get the satellites back up with out power....see the problem?

Now lets talk about Food shall we

Most of the Western worlds food is Probably held up in refrigerated warehouses sell by date of most say 2 months

Now you have a deadline to get the worlds infrastructure back in to place within 2 months or you will have MASS starvation

i hope you are all still with me and see where I'm going with this

we can be thrown back in to dark ages Very quickly we lose a few key levels to our industry and we could never recover

We can go on to speculate that this has hap pend before and the reason we have things like the Pyramids and strangely advanced civilizations because little pockets of Knowledge stay alive for a while, But eventually it dies out and we have to start again,

People don't really learn things any more they just ask wiki, and this is Dumbing us down so if we ever lose all our Technology we might as well be Apes again!

I think you are trying to hi-jack this thread to talk about the effects of Solar Storms.

Please take time to READ the OP as well as the following posts.

He is DEFINITELY not talking about Earth´s polar shift. NOR the effects of solar storms.

If you want to talk about the effects of solar storms, here is a thread about it:
Powerful solar Storms could shutdown US for months

It IS a real threat but not what is being discussed here.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by henriquefd]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dashar

Ahhhh Nibiru...

NASA keeps telling us it doesn't exist and people refuse to listen...

I'm going with the educated astronomers over the guy with the cell phone camera and a video that was most likely doctored (someone wanna confirm that? I'm no video expert...).

Oh yeah and that pole reversal thing? It takes thousands of years for that to happen. Get educated before you throw big words like that around.

And don't use the "everything NASA denies must be true" cop-out. I've had enough of that trash. Sure there are conspiracies, but not everything is a conspiracy. Intelligent conspiracy theory (if it still exists) involves discerning between the two.

I don't like the general attitude on these 2012 threads. It's like everyone wants the world to end. I certainly don't.

So how about we start bringing some scientific evidence into these discussions of events that may be starting up (if there are any)? Like say, volcanoes that are acting up or that asteroid that Russia wants to nuke...please anything but this...

[edit on 3-1-2010 by CaptainIraq]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

Ummm... actually, since our system hasn't passed through this plane of the galaxy in 35 million years +/-, I'd say that solar storms would be worth considering in this situation as well.

Afterall, none of us were around to observe the effects last time.

Are there going to be a larger concentration of gasses in the center of this plane? Possibly. Is the sun's heliosphere going to be further compressed due to the passage through this plane? Possibly. Could this in turn further damage our magnetosphere? Possibly.
Could this open us up to more dangerous levels of cosmic radiation, of all types? Possibly.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
1 pictun = 20 baktun = 2,880,000 days = approx. 7885 years
1 calabtun = 20 pictun = 57,600,000 days = approx. 158,000 years
1 kinchiltun = 20 calabtun = 1,152,000,000 days = approx. 3 million years
1 alautun = 20 kinchiltun = 23,040,000,000 days = approx. 63 million years

Considering that 1 alautun is 63 million years, and the Mayans havent even had a their calender for that period of time.....your thinking is flawed. 2012 is the end of their long term calender, not the end of the world. It simply ends and reprogresses much like the modern day calender.

Before you claim Im ignorant and all that other stuff you've been throwing around, I did my research on this topic for a debate in the debate forum....so Im not simply not believing you for the fact that 2012 is in the title

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

What I'm trying to get at fella, is that this seems to be a mix n match of different Theories and in the Diagram the OP has Drawn it says

"When at the Bottom of the Galactic belt the polarity of the earth creates conditions that make it extremely hard for life to exist"

so in my mind that is the earths magnetic poles flipping

wasn't trying to hijack the thread just putting my own opinion of what can happen

Cause TBH trying to look back over the past 64 millions is Seriously taking the pee a little bit as we cant even give answers on our own ancient civilizations or get facts straight about the Dinosaurs

and maybe if you had taken the time to look at the OP's Drawing diagram you would of seen where the Polrity came to question

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The Mayans were pretty good with the cycles of the sun:
Link

Why the obsession? Why the long calendars? I guess we'll find out soon enough...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Ummm... actually, since our system hasn't passed through this plane of the galaxy in 35 million years +/-, I'd say that solar storms would be worth considering in this situation as well.

Afterall, none of us were around to observe the effects last time.

Are there going to be a larger concentration of gasses in the center of this plane? Possibly. Is the sun's heliosphere going to be further compressed due to the passage through this plane? Possibly. Could this in turn further damage our magnetosphere? Possibly.
Could this open us up to more dangerous levels of cosmic radiation, of all types? Possibly.

See, I have no problem with that line of thought, but that´s not how that post was constructed. It started saying the OP mentioned the flip of Earth´s poles... then talked about the solar storm effects.

You pointed out one possible consequence of the subject being discussed, but that consequence is NOT the subject in discussion.

We could just as well be hit by a huge meteor and suffer the fate of dinosaurs.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
You know, I do believe that an advanced race was here in the past. But as time goes by, it seems that humans can demonstrate how to move massive boulders into place (example Stone Henge, Machu Picchu) by simple means, and prove that mankind really is advanced and able to achieve modern technology. I know that other life forms are out there and that the possibilities for a more technologically advanced race are insurmountable, but I just keep looking in the sky everyday and every night, and I haven't seen it. I have traveled most of the world, and I've seen some interesting things, but at this point I'm just confused. I don't think that 12/21/12 will be a doomsday. I think it is a time line reference of what state we are on Earth. I enjoy reading Pinchbeck and Hancock and I know that some of us are connected to ESP and higher levels, but I just think I'm entertained by Coast to Coast AM and have an open mind. Whatever?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Pianist

My apologies, I posted the previous link without realizing it was after your money for a video of the event.

Here's a simple google search filled with results for free video material: Link

...or just google: "...snake solstice maya..."

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

This is a 2012 Topic in the 2012 forum........... Its all Open cause the thing that makes 2012 stick out from a lot of Predictions/Prophecy's

is the CONVERGANCE of them all to this one date,

So if you go in narrow minded you will come out with a narrow view!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Actually you can draft it in dirt. It's called calculus. If you track the stars, you can see it. Around the equator, it would be especially obvious. There's a reason why star charts were made best by equator civilizations.

So yes, with calculus, you can do it. And to be honest, it's kind of pathetic calculus wasn't invented earlier. Likewise, if the Mayans had it, good for them. All you really have to do is track a star on one yearly cycle, then track it over several yearly cycles, and you have enough data to plot a graph.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I believe that it is nothing more than coincidence.

The time in it takes for our Sun to move up and down and pass through the galactic plane is really an unknown.

There are guesses from anything from 27 to 36 million years for each pass ... so anything from 54 to 72 million years ... which means that the Mayan count of 64 million could be off by a factor of 10 million years.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Considering that 1 alautun is 63 million years, and the Mayans havent even had a their calender for that period of time.....your thinking is flawed.
That's the whole reason I think 2012 is going to be significant...as I've explained numerous times now...

Well I've stated a few times now why I think 2012 WILL be a significant year. If you accept that the Mayans couldn't have possibly worked out the length of our galactic cycle at their current level of advancement, you must conclude that some higher force, an advanced alien species perhaps, gave them this information. In this case, we can expect they gave them this info for a purpose and that it is fairly precise. And it probably wasn't just the Mayans that were visited by "sky Gods"...as another poster said:

Mayans, Nostradamus, Hopis, Chinese, Hindus and possibly Egyptians all predicted it.

2012 is the end of their long term calender, not the end of the world. It simply ends and reprogresses much like the modern day calender.
I actually just recently said this in another thread:

...the Mayan calender doesn't end, but restarts on 2012...but does that really make one ounce of a difference? No...it doesn't...no significance at all...the significance is when the mysterious and complex calendar reaches its end after 63My...whether it starts again or not makes no difference.

reply to post by TreX-UK

"When at the Bottom of the Galactic belt the polarity of the earth creates conditions that make it extremely hard for life to exist"

so in my mind that is the earths magnetic poles flipping
Yes, I'm sorry if that confused you, I drew up that diagram a fair while ago, and it wasn't really meant for anything so I wasn't very careful of my wording...

[edit on 4/1/10 by CHA0S]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join