It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This thread will surely convince you the year 2012 has great significance!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Excellent thread, and quite a bit of verifiable information you've linked. With this [maybe] tying into the "holes" in the Earth's magnetosphere, perhaps it's a portent of an increased probability of inner solar system asteroid/comet impacts. Great read you've written, and something tangible as the possible causation of 2012 strangeness.

reply to post by dashar

I pesonally don't believe in the Nibiru theory -- at least as often presented. I'm not trying to change your mind or discourage you from posting these videos -- they're interesting, and none of us know for certain what might befall us in the future. However, just as a sorta point in the other direction.... here's a photo I took of the sunset just four days after the bottom video you posted, which claims to have been taken 21 APR 2009. I take a LOT of sunset photos, as I'm often pursuing photos of the green flash, an atmospheric optical phenomenon. Link to sunset 25 APR 09 If it were truly visible from anywhere in the world on 21 APR 09, it would also be visible here four days later. For a heavenly body to be THAT bright (as compared to the sun), it would have to be very large and very close behind the sun.

I believe that most, if not all, of the "dual sun" videos/photos are reflections or lens flares -- often a product of having shot the video through a window. JMO

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
That's an interesting point Moodle. What if all disease and mental imbalance is caused by this? Does that mean there has been times when there was no sickness, like the prefect garden of Eden? And then there is a "fall" from grace, we move out of the safe zone. hmmmm

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Good stuff. Star and Flag.
If any of you guys haven't seen this yet, Scott Creighton put up a pretty nice thread about the GP of Egypt and 2012.
Some here may find it of interest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems that people HAVE been given some pretty profound information at some point in the remote past.
It makes me wonder if someone was looking at this planet and going... "Hey, I've got an idea. We know that periodically this planet suffers tremendous cataclysm and there appears to be a new kid on the block that is intelligent enough to possibly stop it... Lets drop them some clues and see if they can avoid it. If they can, they may just make a pretty good trade partner." Or something to that effect.

Boy, if anything like that were the case, we would be following in the footsteps of Giants indeed.

Most likely though they would look at us and say: "Well, this neandrethal man will never do. We'll have to give them a little boost in their DNA. Perhaps one day they will be able to trade us gold!"

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I am confused about the point being made in the OP.

CHAOS, are you saying that the Earth will pass through the galactic plane in 2012?

This is not a new theory about 2012. I have heard it before. So for me personally, it won't change my understanding of the 2012 theories in any way.

I am not sure which piece of information you have presented will convince me that 2012 will have great significance?

[edit on 3/1/10 by Horza]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Interesting topic OP-

I wonder if our Sun's projected 2012 pole shift will be the catalyst to set things in motion? I believe it's a regular 11 year cycle that follows the sunspots.

I only question this:

If the Maya knew WHY the world was gonna end in 2012 then wouldn't there be evidence of it?

Wouldn't such important knowledge be depicted in their art & glyphs?

Wouldn't a civilization so enthralled with calculating and recording a cyclical end of the earth bother to include the information as to how they came to know this?

Did the Maya just plagiarize ancient alien knowledge?

It just doesn't make sense.

2PacSade-

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The biblical flood was not 62 million years ago!! Tow the line scientist always put dates in millions of years to not panic us. Atlantis was 10,000 years ago so the whole 62 million year think is a joke.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Your error margin is extremely high. +/- 2 million years is nothing to ignore. Mankind did not exist 2 million years ago...even humanoid primates did not exist.

If there is a big destruction of life on Earth every 62 million years, and we have 2 million years left, then we have far more important things to worry about. Humanity will be long gone when that happens.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Atlantis was 10,000 years ago

That was not the real Atlantis. You are thinking of the Minoans.
The real Atlantis was more than 70,000 years ago.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I saw nice documentary on NGC about 2012 followed by documentary of mass excintions and I learned some things.

2012 is not predicted only by mayans
2012 is not only an end of mayan calendar, but it´s also "end of world" in mayan visions.

In that documentary was told that on dec. 21 2012 will sun align with galactic plane and it will be visible from theirs temples etc.

So I realised that I can confirm that with my astronomical application called"stellarium".
I set position Peru - Lima, and set three dates 1012 , 2012, 3012 and here is what I got.

From this is apparent that aligment happens around 2012 +- 50 years, but it can really be exactly on 21. dec 2012.

Here is also picture of that "floods doomsday" by mayans

"Page 74. of the Dresden Codex, depicting a great flood, flowing from mouth of celestial dragon. This represents the Central American notion of apocalypse."

"The Dresden Codex contains astronomical tables of outstanding accuracy. Contained in the codex are almanacs, astronomical and astrological tables, and religious references.The specific god references have to do with a 260 day ritual count divided up in several ways.The Dresden Codex contains predictions for agriculture favorable timing. It has information on rainy seasons, floods, illness and medicine. It also seems to show conjunctions of constellations, planets and the Moon. It is most famous for its Venus table." (quotations from the Wikipedia article Dresden Codex, accessed 11-30-2008).

source:
historyofscience.com...

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Zmurfix]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Nice post, I respect your willingness to expand our information and knowledge. As for the "Debunkers", I am not sure to be more concerned for your lack of knowledge or just your lacking. I guess what I am trying to say is your opinion is as ambiguous as this post. You know nothing more, but I might say something less. If you don't agree just agree to disagree and keep your negative flow of this board. He is simply relaying good information to put in all of our toolboxes. Y2K, give me a break. Yeah, 2012 is clearly Y2K. We shall see, we shall see..............

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zmurfix

Check the position of the Sun on Dec 21st, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ,16.

The Sun rises in almost exactly the same position every year.

Whats so special about 2012 again?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

I love your theory. I hope my soul/spirit get to live on.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horza
reply to post by Zmurfix

Check the position of the Sun on Dec 21st, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ,16.

The Sun rises in almost exactly the same position every year.

I said:
"From this is apparent that aligment happens around 2012 +- 50 years, but it can really be exactly on 21. dec 2012. "

2012 is so special because it was predicted by mayans looong time ago

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horza
reply to post by Zmurfix

Mayans, Nostradamus, Hopis, Chinese, Hindus and possibly Egyptians all predicted it.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Uh ... no. This has actually helped convince me that nothing is going to happen in 2012. If this 60-65 Million year extinction cycle holds up then we could still be hundreds of thousands of years from the next big event. You see it's not exact, we're dealing with rounding and estimating years IN THE MILLIONS so the margin for error is massive

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm still skeptical of this whole 2012 thing. That aside this was a very good and informative post OP. I got to learn some new things! S&F

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
all the more reason to believe 2012 is just another year that will pass with the same amount of disaster that we experience every year. Earthquake here, big storm there and a whole lot of people panicking on the internet over nothing.

What excuses will they all come up with when nothing different happens on that date?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

They won't need excuses, something will happen in the 365 days that make up 2012 which will be a "big" enough event for them to latch onto and claim as fulfilling the prophecy. Even if it's not on the 21st exactly they will still claim the Mayans predicted it but were just off a little.

Edit: Forgot it was a leap year - 366 Days.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereksWhat excuses will they all come up with when nothing different happens on that date?

There will be no excuses no matter what happens.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by minigunner

This is not about debunkers v believers.

All that argument does is polarise and emotionalise the debate ... which helps no one.

This is about giving people the correct information.

There is almost no difference in the position of the Sun on Dec 21st 2012 and 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016. Why is 2012 so special?

And another thing to remember.

This phenomena is significant only from the Earths perspective and therefore, the sun rising in galactic centre on Dec 21st 2012, has no effect on anything else, anywhere, at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join