It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This thread will surely convince you the year 2012 has great significance!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'm 60yrs old in a few months time and I can remember back in the mid 70's my friends and I who shared a farmhouse way out in the sticks, used to lay on the grass and look up at the stars.

A few months ago I took a camping holiday in Devon (south UK). It was probably the first time I have had a decent look at the Milky Way since the 70's and boy! was I surprised. We certainly are alot closer!!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

The lighted side of the moon is the side ffacing the sun. it does not mean that the moon is tilted.

The last video is a pathetic video in which the video is shot through double paned glass. The spot is a reflection inside of the window.
edit on 25-11-2010 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The Mayan calendar doesn't just end, it just enters a new cycle. But people still repeat that "calendar ends" hogwash. The whole 2012 is nothing but a giant hoax exploited by a few guys selling books and DVDs to make a bit of $$$.

People are so gullible. There's ZERO proof for any of the claims, yet people still fall for it. Kinda sad given that we live in the 21st century...

In short, yes, 2012 has significance...about as much as the Christian new year

edit on 27-11-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

wow i never really thought about it like that.. it seems to make sence to me tho.. and i also believe something signifcant (sorry about the spelling!) will happen in 2012 i mean so much prohicies and solar mass extitions all seem to link to this date i dont wish for doomsday as i would love nothing to happen and continue on my path of life but i can't help but shake the feeling that somthing big is going to happen i just hope that its of the good kind

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by karmajayne

so much prohicies and solar mass extitions all seem to link to this date

There are none. Nothing other than hoaxes link to 2012. The Mayans had no prophecies linked to 2012 and they are the only 2012 link. It's baloney, malarkey, and poppycock in a single pile.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I would also tend to lean to your thinking also.

But it dose seem we /people on earth may be wiped out some time between /the years 2013 to the year 2,002,013

so providing we all dont die from regular ole natural causes ,from now until 2012, we all could be part of the next mass extinction event on this planet .

So anywhere from 2013 to 2,002,013 ,should be the next mass extinction?

Wonder if it will be a fast, or a slow, extinction,?will it take a few days long? or take thousands of years long?

Will we slowly heat up? maybe move underground/under water maybe/ or maybe throw gold dust in the sky to reflect the suns rays?(wink,wink nudge nudge,)or some Tesla magnetic fields to help shield us. Or will we all be turned to bacon in a flash ...LOL

Do the TPTB think this way ? and if so is that why it seems so in our face that they all(governments) just do not seem to care?

Because it may not even matter if we go to war or the global economy falls?
If they know we wont be here in a few years , because of some mass extinction event?

I am just saying ...LOL

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

they y2k prophecy wasn't even a prophecy. it was a bunch of computer techs that said the calendars could reset to 0 and they were not sure what was going to happen when they did. they simply stated that computers "could" shut down. it was the media and fear mongers that said the world would end.

2012 is much different than y2k. 2012 is an ancient cultural happening and y2k was a computing error. they can not be compared. but great post OP

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

In 2000 there was also a doomsday claim because of a planetary alignment.

There are no ancient prophecies associated with 2012. The claims are made up stories by New Age authors.

So the Y2k stuff was fear mongering by writers and 2012 is fear mongering by writers. In the former the writers misrepresented geeks. In the latter ancient civilizations are misrepresented.

Sounds a lot alike to me.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by fallow the light

In 2000 there was also a doomsday claim because of a planetary alignment.

There are no ancient prophecies associated with 2012. The claims are made up stories by New Age authors.

So the Y2k stuff was fear mongering by writers and 2012 is fear mongering by writers. In the former the writers misrepresented geeks. In the latter ancient civilizations are misrepresented.

Sounds a lot alike to me.

Fear mongering? How much do you really know about 2012. It's anything but fear mongering. The doomsday theory is a misinterpretation. What's predicted is an awakening of mankind, and it is very hopeful.

If you think 2012 is fear mongering, maybe you're not looking at the right place?

EDIT:

"There are none. Nothing other than hoaxes link to 2012. The Mayans had no prophecies linked to 2012 and they are the only 2012 link. It's baloney, malarkey, and poppycock in a single pile. "

Then, once again, how much do you know about 2012? There are countless prophecies coming from entirely independent sources...Do your homework PLEASE! In no way is the Mayan calendar the only prophecy...wow.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
The Mayan calendar doesn't just end, it just enters a new cycle. But people still repeat that "calendar ends" hogwash. The whole 2012 is nothing but a giant hoax exploited by a few guys selling books and DVDs to make a bit of $$$.

People are so gullible. There's ZERO proof for any of the claims, yet people still fall for it. Kinda sad given that we live in the 21st century...

In short, yes, 2012 has significance...about as much as the Christian new year

edit on 27-11-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

Oh by the way, regarding your grand debunker's video...

1) He's arrogant and convinced he know it all
2) Planet X theory IS NOT based on a single data...But on countless verifiable data that are actually RIGHT
3) The most important of all, there is no Earth-Sun-Center of the galaxy alignment predicted. This is disinfo. What is predicted is an alignment of the Earth with the plane of the galaxy. THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN EVERY YEAR. It happens every 35 million years.

Now this guy is either a disinfo agent (like the ones who came to my school telling us how stupid 2012 was (but actually was unable to answer my questions, the real one)) spreading lies, or a stupid ego filled human in need of making fun of the 2012 theorists. Now it says it's a doctor...How the hell did he make it out of University. Didn't they tell him to actually research the subjects he's studying?

That wasn't even close to debunking, it was just...well, disinfo.

Ouch :S

I'm not an all believer of 2012, but I can see good points are made about this date. I can find a better debunker than this...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Please show me other prophecies that for sure, point to 2012.

Mankind is not ready to awaken on a whole scale but yes, many are starting to come out of their boxed in mind. As religions prophecies fail and new dates have to be made....people will continue slowly to question what they have been told and question what they accepted by following another mans words.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Fear mongering? How much do you really know about 2012. It's anything but fear mongering. The doomsday theory is a misinterpretation. What's predicted is an awakening of mankind, and it is very hopeful.

The awakening claim is a later misrepresentation. The earlier misrepresentations were and still are of doom and gloom. The point about 2012 is that it is all a pile of hogwash. There are so many versions of the hogwash that people overlook the widespread splatter claims from good to bad, from doom and gloom to wonderful, from planets to earthquakes to vibrations of hopefulness. Oh yes, that is just a trickle of silly and unsubstantiated claims that have been made.

There are countless prophecies coming from entirely independent sources...Do your homework PLEASE! In no way is the Mayan calendar the only prophecy...wow.

There are no prophecies. If you know of any why don't you show us the prophecies. You didn't even offer one to refute my claim. You simply said I needed to do homework. I strongly suggest that you do your homework and learn that there are no ancient prophecies, not even Mayan prophecies associated with the end of the long count calendar.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Planet X theory IS NOT based on a single data...But on countless verifiable data that are actually RIGHT

Laughable. Show me one thing where planet X exists. As you recommended to me DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Every piece of data sits in an historical context. And I will point out any misrepresentations attempted.

What is predicted is an alignment of the Earth with the plane of the galaxy.

That happened in 1998 as best as can be measured.

So here are your 2 claims and I don't think you can substantiate either:
1. planet X
2. the alignment has not already happened

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Perhaps you should start with the Law Of One. That'd be a good start. Most of the prophecies come from either old masters or channeled materials. So it's a take it or leave it. As I said earlier, I'm not an all believer, but I'm still able to see there are things that indicates something COULD happen.

As for the crossing of the galactic plane in 1998, it's 1998 +/- 18 years so an alignment is theoretically possible in 2012 and up to 2016...alignment2012.com...

And even if we had crossed the galactic plane a couple of years ago, this video still is poor debunking. Undeniable.

As for Planet X, there are numerous data suggesting something is on its way. Look here: www.zetatalk.com... , look at the upper section articles.

The website is Zetatalk, and I know you're gonna come to me and say that everything on this website is BS. But really, read it a bit. I can't tell for sure it's BS or not, but it still shows real data about our planet's condition and it SEEMS to indicate something is heading our way. The best evidence is the magnetic field of the Earth doing strange things, as we speak, and most of the scientists are baffled by its behavior.. I still give it 2 months. If nothing they predicted happens, I'll drop this theory. But really, the Planet X theory is well backed.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Here is another article that talks about an alignment already happening in 1998. What do you make of such? Would love to have your thoughts on exactly what its talking about. It is what caused me to make a thread a while back on the Galactic Alignment already happening.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The most perfect galactic alignment between the Earth, Sun and the center of the Milky Way happened back in 1998, but now we’re slowly shifting away from that alignment. In the coming decades, the perfect alignment will shift to another day.

www.universetoday.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Sorry, but Zetatalk is complete hogwash...I mean, comon', they're talking about "planet X viewing seasons" as if anyone had ever seen that thing. They also don't seem to understand why the sun might look "redder" or "yellower" sometimes depending on the atmosphere...and then use that lack of knowledge to push their silly planet X agenda.

LINK

As for the galactic plane thing, as others have mentioned, it was in 1998 and there's no way enough gravity would build up to cause any sort of damage. Of course you don't trust physicists and will continue to (falsely) claim it might still happen again in 2012, and that the consequences will be "spectacular" and an "awakening for mankind" or some other hogwash.

Look, if you're so convinced, please summarize your evidence for planet X or that the galactic alignment would have an impact. Nothing I ever read on 2012 websites is scientifically backed up, and the "experts" pushing that bull# are only after the money from book sales...and DVDs.

Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if the guys who made the movie originally started this as a viral campaign...and it now got out of hand with crazy people awaiting the "awakening of mankind". I guess if that gives them hope, it's all good...but scientifically it got about as much evidence as any other religion. And that's what it is...since there is no evidence, it requires BELIEF, which in turn makes it a religion!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
there definitely is a prophecy attached to 4 Ahau, which equates to 2012,

see this snip:

The 256-year cycle of thirteen katuns, the "short count," was clearly a Mayan prophecy cycle.
Each of the 13 katuns has a specific "fate" attached to it and the Maya believed that the occurrence,
or arrival, of each katun brought with it this fate.

We know this from surviving records, including the various books of "Chilam Balam"
(jaguar priest) that were written after the Spanish conquest of Yucatan.

Katun 4-Ahau: There will be scarcities of corn and squash during this katun and this will lead to great mortality. This was the katun during which the settlement of Chichen Itza occurred, when the man-god Kukulcan (Quetzalcoatl) arrived. It is the katun of remembering and recording knowledge.

Katun 2-Ahau: For half of the katun there will be food, for half some misfortunes. This katun brings the end of the "word of God." It is a time of uniting for a cause.

www.divinehumanity.com/

click the link to read the full explaination of the calander priests Fate/prophecy associated with the end of both the short count And long count calendars on the 21 dec 2012 end date.

the apparent alignment with the dark-rift has nothing to do with the solar system aligning with the Galactic Equatorial plane (i did notice in the OP image the solar system oscillation is traveling the wrong way, the arrow should be pointing in the other direction...and the solar system along with Earth is rotating like a dime standing on edge pointing towards the Galactic Center)
edit on 2-12-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Who said I was convinced Planet X was real? I said it was possible, and was waiting for 2 months in order to dismiss it. Have you explored the website a bit. This is much more than a misunderstanding or disinformation about the redish sun or whatever you brought to the table.

I'm not ignoring science, not at all. But we have to look at it from this perspective. There was myhology, then religion, then science, then ? Science is not the absolute answer to everything. The perfect understanding of the universe would come from a mix of spirituality and science. To prove what I mean here, look at this video over here, which tells us water could very well have a conscious body, as well as most of matter. Science does not take in account these types of discovery, which are crucial.

I have read your link, and I understand it could very well be a misinterpretation or something like this. I do not claim to be a Sun expert, and I never did. That's why I'll ask you, can you explain me these phenomenons? The website has provided its explanation, but it's only their version of the facts. What's yours?

The fact is, this is not the only evidence of the alleged Planet X. If you go back to my link and read the weekly updates, you'll see that what has been predicted by the website is actually happening and yes, it is backed up by scientific researches and facts.

To sum things up, Planet X is still a possible possibility in my mind, and I understand people are skeptic about it. Maybe it could have something to do with the planetary system climate change, because as far as I know, it's still unexplained. Maybe as it came close to these planets, it produced a change in magnetic poles (because of the law that two planetary bodies can't collide on each others). I know some planets have literally changed their color.

As St Udio mentioned, yes, the Mayans had a prophecy for 2012...I thought it was well known!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

The crossing happened in 1998, not 1998 plus or minus 18 years. The plus or minus is an excuse as to why 2012 is a failure.

Zetatalk is a bunch of silliness from someone claiming to be a medium for Zeta Reticulans. I call it Zeta Ridiculons. OK, pick a specific topic there. I really don't want to waste a lot of time laughing at some ridiculous page there and then having you suggest I looked at the wrong page.

The best evidence is the magnetic field of the Earth doing strange things, as we speak, and most of the scientists are baffled by its behavior.. I still give it 2 months. If nothing they predicted happens, I'll drop this theory. But really, the Planet X theory is well backed.

The issue is not that scientists are baffled. It is that scientists are unable to provide an accurate prediction other than the expected decreased value of the magnetic field strength over time.

Planet X is only strongly backed by evidence that it does not and cannot exist within some 340AU. That's 8X the distance to Pluto. Anything of any size has already been identified within the orbit of Pluto. Brown et al is making a catalog of everything of any size out as far as the Kuiper belt. An object slight larger than Pluto was found. That was Sedna. It's about 1% of the size of our moon.

Any object of any size has to be really far, far out there and has an orbit that never enters the orbit of the known planets.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Ok, I can't find the source anymore, but I've seen NASA may have discovered a new planetary body in our solar system a couple of days ago. So that would suggest we didn't discover everything in our solar system. Just saying.

And I really think you should check the latest updates from the website...You just don't look at the evidence I point to you so how can we have a healthy debate ?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join