It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This thread will surely convince you the year 2012 has great significance!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
6 Times extinction VS Overconfidence!
Bring it on!!
Tragedy is always on our doorstep....Live and learn.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Is it possible that the high energetic gamma rays emanating from the galactic core has something to do with mass extinctions? Gamma ray observatories are detecting gamma rays hitting the surface of the Earth in the Tera volts and is getting stronger over time.

see
www.nyu.edu...

and
www.nyu.edu...

and
www.ireport.com...

Is it a coincidence that the Earth now is being bombarded by high energetic gamma rays because we are near the ecliptic plane of the Milky Way (peering through the dark rift) and the Maya depicted a river (gamma rays?) engulfing the Earth during the 2012 alignment?

Is it also a coincidence that strong earthquakes are happening now where none had happened before, Haiti, Cuba?

Is it global warming on Earth that is causing all the other planets to warm or is it this extra energy bombarding our solar system the cause? Imagine what kind of kinetic energy is produced when a gamma ray particle hits the surface of a planet at near the speed of light while having a mass energy 5000 times that of a single proton?

Will this bombardment increase exponentially when the exact alignment occurs? What kind of effect will this extra energy have on the sun (violent solar flares?) as the sun is positioned between us and the energetic stream of photons?

Is it a coincidence that the alignment also occurs when the sun is at the peak of the sunspot cycle?

peace.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I find the OP information very interesting, but from my research and understanding it seems misleading. From what I have found we are actually moving away from the imaginary plane of the galaxy (by millions of years already). The article referenced below states our solar system is light years above the galactic plane. It won't enter the ecliptic of the milky way in 2012, in fact we are apparrently "north" of the gallactic plane and will continue in this direction for around 15 millions years ie. we are moving away from the (arbitrary) gallactic plane, not towards. Though personally, I'm not sure if it's even possible for anyone to really know what the gallaxy actually looks like with certainty to be able to deduce an ecliptic or central plane.

Another often repeated "anomoly" is about the alignment with the sun (seen from earth) with the centre of our galaxy in 2012. Apparrently happens twice a year, every year. Is this information wrong?

video.google.com...#

www.idialstars.com...

ps. the linked vid has bible prophecy at the end. There is ample warning for those who wish to skip this, thankfully. The scientific part of the vid seems quite good though.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Cogito, Ergo Sum]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Nice thread. How the hell did those mayans figure out the length of the alautun.I think they must have been graced with the knowledge by a higher intelligence from somewhere out in the cosmos. Who knows.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Rapidly spinning supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy, vis a vis the galactic plane:

I haven't read the entire thread yet, so pardon me if this info has already been posted & discussed. Also, I'm sure there is a more scholarly link I could have posted, but I just did a quick search, and this info is basically what I've read elsewhere:

www.jiroolcott.com...

The mass of the Black Hole at the centre of the Milky Way Galaxy is in the order of 105 and 1010 solar masses. These are known as super-massive Black Holes and lie at the centre of most galaxies. Super-massive Black Holes spin at an incredibly fast rate. As a result the gravitational field becomes compressed into a ‘pancake’ shape. The gravitational field is compressed into the plane of the ecliptic of the spin of the Black Hole. This is the reason why galaxies in general have a round flat spinning Catherine Wheel shape – the orbiting stars are forced into the ecliptic plane.
As the stars move around their galactic orbit they travel in a sinusoidal motion, crossing the plane of the ecliptic, where the gravitation influence of the super-massive Black Hole is strongest, when the y-axis of sinusoidal curve reaches zero.
Our solar system is now on the verge of crossing the Milky Way’s plane of the ecliptic. It

will cross in the year 2012. At this point the gravitational influence of the super-massive Black Hole will be at its maximum.

[edit on 8/16/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The climax (middle point) of passing this mark was in 1998. We are actually starting to come out of it by now and in 2012 will be farther out of it.

We began entering this point/drift/bulge around 1980....it took 18 years for us to reach the center of the bulge. In 1998 we were at the center point of this alignment. So add another 18 years to 1998 to reach the point of 'exiting' the bulge....and you will have 2016 for the year we leave it.

Its just a cycle, and with cycles, our united mind does evolve....its all a good thing, its subtle, its nothing that will be noticed at large. There are those that can notice over the years that something has raised a vibration in people. They will carry others through to the time of new ideas, new ideologies, new perspectives ect....bringing back again to people, the birth right of freedom of things of Spirit. People are starting and have been doing this...releasing their selves from the bonds of religions, from government dependency, from the bounds of other men.

Not saying leadership (government is bad)....but it will have to evolve too, as more humble souls incarnate. The scale will tip...love will win. But we still have many years here, much to still learn. Some seek to leave the sphere, but their want for this is a desire of self....in this path alone, they will have much to learn.

Live for others, offer yourself to the ONE of all life, we are also reaching a half way point through a great year....I find this all to be a great time to be on Earth.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Your words are very encouraging. What about the whole galactic alignment 2012 date? Isnt there more proof that Dec 2012 is when to expect changes on earth?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Well that is what Im saying....the middle point of the alignment already happened. My point is its not a '1 date' kinda thing. It takes us 36 years to pass through it...and we already passed the mid point.

I have a thread somewhere..with links and images.

Ill dig it up and edit...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It may offer you something...many didnt seem interested in it...most dont like to think that it already happened or that it takes a long time for it to occur.

I think 12-21-2012 will pass like any other day.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Interesting. I think the mayans called it Hunab Ku. I read somewhere that the laws of physics can get very strange when it comes to blackholes. Maybe there is a wormhole/stargate phenomena that could occur during the alignment.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The references to the 64My extinction cycle is only 1 of the thoughts that exist about the possibility of extinctions being cyclic. There are also ideas that the cycle is 27My. The problem is that the analysis works with information that get less precise the farther back you go in time. It is difficult to figure out the existence of extinctions before 540Ma. Remember that one of the reasons for looking for a dark companion to the sun was the suggestion that there is a 27My cycle of extinctions.

Notice that 27My is not a simple multiple of 64My. The reason such very different times can be suggested is that the data available is a bit imprecise.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Great post and discussion!

I think that it is possible that something might happen in 2012 based on:

1. The Mayan and Hopi Prophecies
2. The Galactic Alignment
3. Evidence such as you presented that suggest an extinction level event every 62 +/- million years

Working against this possibility though is the fact that:

1. These extinction level events might be off by a million or so years --- which makes pin pointing an exact date (in my eyes anyway) impossible.

2. Moreover, it seems like every other day someone claims that the world is going to end --- and so far we all seem to be in one piece! So in other words End of Days Prophecies have an incrediably bad track record! (Though I guess it just takes one!) j/k

To me, is seems very unlikely that anything massively destructive is going to occur in 2012. (Other than the usual catastrophic natural and manmade disasters)

So what I would love to happen would be for us to figure out a way to use this heightened awareness around 2012 as inspiration to create a more transparent, compassionate and less destructive world.

And
if that was to happen than the Mayan’s and Hopi prophecies really will have come true.

Peace!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

Originally posted by Jim Scott
curious.astro.cornell.edu...
There seems to be a problem with the 63 million year number, as it is closer to 35 million. The basis for your argument is unfounded.

Of course the Sun won't keep on going in this direction forever. In fact we approximate it's motion by an 'epicycle' on top of the mean motion around the Galaxy. The period of oscillation in and out of the plane of the galaxy (up and down) is about 70 million years. This means that we pass through the Galactic midplane about every 35 million years which some people have compared with the period between mass extinctions on Earth to come up with yet another doomsday theory. In fact it is true that the number of cosmic rays which hit the Earth will increase during the (about a) hundred thousand years we are closer to the Galactic plane. There have also been some plausible theories about the overall temperature of the Earth increasing (with the relevent climatic changes that implies).
Yes...we pass through the galactic belt about every 30-35My...a FULL CYCLE takes around 63My...and mass extinctions seem to happen around every 62My...here's what I think is happening...please excuse the dodgy handwriting:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d62afed77fc0.jpg[/atsimg]

EDIT: So, basically, as you can see in this picture, I believe that when we move below the galactic belt, the sudden polarity shift may affect us, or there is something on that side of the belt which affects the life on Earth very harshly.

[edit on 3/1/10 by CHA0S]

great thread 2012 will be significant!

I like to think the Iching and timewave 0 interpretation of it have some significance not yet fully understood.
when I saw your handwritten diagram this old symbol popped into mind and really made sense in your theory.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87bb594af698.jpg[/atsimg]

I have also heard a lakotah prophecy of the end times similar to the Hopi prophecy.
and for those whining about proof of the prophecies do some research on your own before you ridicule someones perspective native Americans and Mayans shoot all native cultures all keep their prophecies and teachings to themselves for some reason this thing called religion doesn't agree with the natives beliefs and the natives have almost disappeared all over the world because of their beliefs or prophecies.
edit on 11/22/2010 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
.... ask yourself when the last significant mass extinction was?

Currently underway. And nothing to do with Mayans.

There is some evidence of mass extinctions every 27m years

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Which obviously has no bearing on the current event.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

that first link is just another example of bias research.
anyway all those links prove is that the current basis for measuring time back into the millions of years is fatally flawed.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Superb thread, After watching the videos of Ian Xel Lungold in his 3rd video he presents a calander that compares dates from our gregorian calander to the mayan calander, he explains that every mayan born was given the name of the day they were born which in turn also explains exactly why they were born, he says we choose to born on the day we were born, anyway I know this is off topic but Interesting never the less, I think iv found the calander were we can compare the dates, someone please confirm if it is the right one. Anyway Here is the comparrison Calander

What interested me was doing my D.O.B but iv also translated 21st Dec 2012 which gives the date "4 AJPU"
Meaning:
4 = The balance. The four energies/elements of the universe; wind, water, earth, and fire.
AJPU = Ahau. Grandfather SUN. Elder and child. A day doubled.

Does this explain the picture that was first posted in this thread by Zmurfix on page 2 of "The Floods Doomsday" as he calls it.

Ancient prediction pic by Mayan's

Please forgive me if this has been talked about before or please point me in the direction of were this was discussed, but id like to know what the translation really means, is it describing doom for every elder and child by force of the four energies & the Sun. Im not an expert here, im only wanting to learn

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
the end of the Long Count, in 2012, has significance for the Maya descendents in the Honduras/Yucatan region...but has no relevence for the rest of the world cultures.

the prophecy that maise & gourds will be plentiful for some but rare for others does not sound too dreadful...
and that a return of a Quazaquatal will mark a paradigm shift is expressly for the Maya peoples in central America,--- will this demi-god be a favorable thing for either the Maya remnant? or even the gringos that are forcing themselves into the remaining Maya's subdued culture ?

2012 has absolutely nada to do with the USA or the EU or any western, caucasian peoples

edit on 22-11-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

There are a great number of 2012 coincidences. Prophecies, mayan calendar, egyptian pyramid calendar (Not the end of it, but the most important date of the whole calendar with the symbol of rebirth, renaissance), prophecies, channeling sessions, like the Law of One sessions...Too many coincidences, too many circumstances happening right now. Look at the moon, it's not right. It's tilted...have you ever seen that before? There are double suns.

My own belief is that on 21/12/12, we are gonna have a dimension shift. We are heading toward the 4th D or the fifth. Some people say Nibiru is a ship, not a planet. The ship, even if planet shaped, is designed to help civilization ascend to higher dimensions.

This is a theory amongst others after all...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

The moon is not tilted. There is no double sun or whatever you want to claim.

The Egyptian pyramid calendar is NEW Age rubbish. It is a contrived construction of no meaning.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Gab1159

The moon is not tilted. There is no double sun or whatever you want to claim.

The Egyptian pyramid calendar is NEW Age rubbish. It is a contrived construction of no meaning.

Tilted/#ed up moon:

Honestly, I have never seen the bottom lighted up and the upper part darkened. Have you? I'm no moon expert, but I know this is not usual...Please teach me up if I'm mistaken

As for the second sun thing...there is one!

And I could go on...Don't tell me they are sundogs please...Some could be, but most of the pictures clearly show a second sun reflecting on the water, something sundogs can't do.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I can never understand how some people equate y2k with 20012. Computer clocks were not programmed correctley leading up to 2000. This was a man-made problem, nothing whatsoever to do with the cosmos.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join