It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This thread will surely convince you the year 2012 has great significance!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So i understand the 62 +/- 2 MY cycyle, but a few things don"t add up to me.
1 give or take 2 MY? even if aliens once visited us how would they be able to tell us the exact day of our extinction almmost 2500 years before it happened
- obviously if they visited us they would be far superior to us mentally and technologically but come on thats a little much
2 supposedly according to this post we'll be subjected to substantially greater amounts of radiation, cosmic wind/rays etc. but why? yes we will be outside the galactic ring but just as the original post post explains and even has a visual of, our solar system jumps outside the galactic ring on both sides (top/bottom) many times throughout the 62 MY cycle. why is this one going to be so significant?

to me it looks like the only reason this one is getting such a big hype is because its at the end of the cycle, and it coinsides with this extinction pattern.

don't get me wrong this is very interesting but i need some holes filled in

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Moodle

You do not seem to understand the information in the OP and you certainly do not understand the information that I presented in my post that shows why I disagree with the OP.

Surely you understand that you must read and comprehend an entire post before you comment on it.

To help make it clear for you:

The increase in the chances of comet strike has nothing to do with the attempt to show a correlation between a Mayan alautun and the galactic orbit of our solar system/biodiversity cycle.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

My understanding of time is that it is a fundamental part of the make up of our universe.

It would seem to me then that if time where to stop it would mean that our universe has ceased to exist.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
i havn't taken the time to read this whole thread, however i came upon som interesting information in my travels....

thought it may be important to share, a possible connection between christianaties' prophecies and the DECEMBER 21 2012 date ...

stanby 4 incoming:

keywords: TAB & ABBA

tab has multiple definitions, tab on a soda can/can of whoop ass
tab as a ribbon or bookmark

abba is what jesus called upon by name on the cross:
"abba, why hast thou forsaken me"

so:
ABBA TAB
A=1
B=2
T=20
ABBATAB =

12 21 2012

since so many other faiths and religions and other prophecies point to that day as well, supposedly.

if we equate numbers to letters then 12212012 could spell out "abba tab"

what do you guys think?

there are some things i really like about jesus, but there are some issues we sometimes stand apart on.

such as you may ask?

his commandment. doesn't always work for good.

"do onto others as you would have done onto yourself?"

ya, um, jesus? here is a revelation four you:
not everyone likes to get treated like i like to get treated.

look where it has gotten america!!!

by all accounts they are pretty much in a lot of trouble.
every one of their own children born owing $324,000 at birth and into a game that is falsely named "freedom", maybe.

if there are so many rules that no one can live long enough to learn all the rules......

if there are so many laws that not even all the lawmakers locked up together in one place could ever regergitate onto paper all the laws we already have....

do you think if america put all the supreme court justices, all the senators, all the congressmen, into one room until they wrote down verbatim every law already in existance, they could do it before they died?

i wonder how they suspect newborns can ever conform to the rules?

how does one play by the rules when they can't know all the rules?

i'm beginning to suspect that there may be some among us that interpret this to mean there are no rules, maybe those among us who aren't playing by any rules whatsoever???

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

how is anything you're saying definitive? it makes no sense for you to cop an attitude of superiority. the mayan calander, for all you know, is EXACTLY correct. half the point of the op is how spectacular it is to EVEN EXIST. the fact that they were aware of such large numbers and the scope of the galaxy lends plenty of creedence to their calculations. whether true or not.

looking down your nose with some ambiguous links at the op is annoying. oh sure, disprove the mayan calander and the alatuans by providing information about how modern science can't get the date right. that's really going to nail it home. and then call me out as if the precise point matters.

you sound like a lawyer trying to provide a case of reasonable doubt to a jury. it's just sickening. no one cares about yoru reasonable doubt. of course it's doubtful. that's the whole idea behind a mystery. no one KNOWS.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hypersperical imperical

So in 2012 God is going to open up a can of whoop ass?

Hey that sounds about as legit as the Mayan calendar ending/beginning of the world senerio.

I would run with it....

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Moodle

You were aggressive, condescending, rude and didn't even take the courtesy to read my entire post before making claims that I do not read material that I post.

Please explain how the this quote below, my 2nd link that you referred to, supports the OP.

And this time period seems to match dangerous periods of impacts on Earth. According to the number and age of craters on Earth, we seem to suffer increased impacts every 36 million years. Uh oh, that's a match.
In fact, one of these high points of comet activity would have been 65 million years – the same time that an asteroid strike wiped out the dinosaurs.
And here's the bad news. According to their calculations, the Solar System will be passing through the galactic plane in the near future, and should see an increased risk of impact. Our risk of impact could increase 10-fold.

Source

Originally posted by Moodle

come on dude that's just retarded. your'e trying to tell usabout the chances being geometrially lowered due the the different ranges of dates and the friggin link says in plain english how it's 10 times worse.

I never mentioned a decrease in the chances of comet strike.

The time frames I am referring to are used to point out the massive discrepancy between a Mayan alautun and the solar systems galactic orbit.

You are right. The Mayan calendar may match exactly with the galactic orbit. It could also be completely different.

If you want to take it on faith that there is a connection then that is your choice.

You talk of being definitive?

Well, there is know way that I can see to make a definitive link between the two on the evidence presented by the OP.

As Don Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj, Ambassador of the Indigenous Pueblos Mayas says:

What I hear, over and over from everywhere, is about the year 2012. There are messengers that come and speak from their heart, like me, and we don't intimidate people. There are other messengers that speak, but there is the money issue behind (them). It is like many people that used to read and read, so then they write lots of books about this because they know it is a big business. And then they are all are talking from the point of view of what the books say and many times they are putting fear into people. But for us, the Mayans, it is only a change of the Sun . . . a change of a cycle of the Sun. it is not the first time this is going to happen nor will it be the last.

This is something that has to happen. Nobody can stop this. It is a period of the sun that is ending, and it is a cycle that lasts 5,200 years. And we know that we are in the last Katun. There are 13 Katuns and we are living at the end of the last one. So this is the time when we don't know exactly if it is going to be 2012 or if it is going to be later on. Because 2012 is a Gregorian date, sometimes it does not coincide with the Mayan calendar.

There are many reasons why we don't know exactly the timing ... On the other hand, the calendar that was at that time in effect, they have gone through so many modifications. Like in this Mayan council, they left out days, they didn't count just to catch up with time. Then with the Gregorian Calendar, all the months are so irregular in length, like the months of 28 days, 30 days, 29 days, 31 days. So this is why it doesn't (align).

Source

He certainly doesn't think 2012 has any significance.

[edit on 7/1/10 by Horza]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
2012 is coming guys!!!!! i mean the actual date not event

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
wow seriously without any proof, some of you guys are sounding like doctor seuss..

Not buying it..

2012 is a guess at best.. Reminds me of that so called prophett back when 1900, hit sending his followers off cliffs in the wild west..

Better off listening to Jesus.. LOL..

just kidding, the sense of humor side of things..

take a deep breath before you drink the kool aid..

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1

I really don't know why people keep comparing Y2K with known astrological changes, cyclical destruction, various prophecies and the Mayan calendar.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by unicorn1]

Because they are thick... :-)

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Yawn, I didn't even bother to read this guys 2012/y2k post...
Ha ha, so I agree.

Nothing to get worked up on.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
CONGRAGULATIONS GREAT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!1
2012 AND OF THE WORLD

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
First.... great thread!
Second... I'm not entirely clear on how the cycle of alignment between the earth, sun and center of the galaxy relates to the cycle of ocillation of the solar system as it orbits the galaxy. I thought when people were speaking of some kind of cataclysm occuring in 2012 (and I am on that bandwagon) that they were referring to the cycle of alignment between only the earth, sun and galactic center that occurs every 26,000 years, and that we experience some kind of global disaster every 26,000 years.
The diagram the OP "Chaos" presents shows how the solar system ocillates as it orbits the galaxy and crosses the plane of the ecliptic of the galaxy every 35 million years or so. Does this mean that in addition to the earth changes that occur every 26,000 years, that the alignment in 2012 is to bring about an even greater "super-disaster" due to the solar system crossing the plane of the ecliptic of the galaxy, and that there is a cycle of "super-disatsters" that occurs every 35 million years or so?

Sorry about the run-on sentences.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir
All this thread has convinced me in is that this nonsense will continue for another 63 million years.. And that's just one alautun. The world will also end on every 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 12th, 13th and 20th katun, baktun, piktun, calabtun, kinchiltun and alautun.

All is nonsense until proven otherwise.

it can't be proven until it happends

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

The gravitational implication of an Earth/Sun/Galactic centre alignment is as close to nothing as can be possible. It's rubbish science. It has no basis in fact. Believing it is a sign of irrational behaviour. Save your mind, read this.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hypersperical imperical

alright, first point: AMERICA IS THE GREATEST NATION ON EARTH

second point: sounds like you're from somewhere besides america, which means, we could take you over in 100 days or less, take that.

third point: where in the bible is the year 2012 pointed out? i've read it, never seen 2012

forth point: AMERICA is going to rule the world at some point, just accept it

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The date just seems to have a lot of significance...a lot is connected to that one date...we can only hope we have a million years or so...but I wouldn't count on it...

[edit on 3/1/10 by CHA0S]

Good thread Chaos....

As for this date 2012, In Fingerprints Of The Gods, Graham Hancock talks of the Giza pyramids aligning with Orion's Belt as it rose on the horizon in 10500BC as did the Spinx align with the constellation of Leo also in 10500BC. And another constellation, Draco, which matches the pattern of pyramids in Cambodia rose on the horizon in the same year. In other words at least 3 massive monuments aligned perfectly with constellations as they came over the horizon 12 and a half thousand years ago.

Why were these monuments built to align with these constellations at this specific time? I've no idea but to add to the mystery, consider this...

....I'm told our sun takes 25,800yrs to complete a cycle through the zodiac constellations (each Age e.g. Age of Pisces, Age of Aquarius, is a little over 2000yrs). Is it a coincidence do you think, that 2 x 12,500yrs is pretty close to one cycle of the Zodiac?

Personally I don't believe in coincidences....I believe things co-inside.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I think that people are scaring themselves and something will happen because people will make it happen. If that makes sense. People will want to believe something will happen so they will make it happen. I hope that makes sense.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I would like to pose a question to every thinking human here.
When you were growing up, .. what did you think about the ancient peoples belief system?

If you thought... We are more advanced today as due to intelligent progression and thought slight of their belief in all the multitudes of gods and deities. Why then is it so easy for you to believe in all the various hype today about ancient prophecies and Mayan calendars and the like?

www.varchive.org...

Does that make sense?
I submit to you, it is a grand illusion to obfuscate the truth.
All Religions were created by Man. Can you prove otherwise?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by allknowingredman

1. No, America is consistently ranked below many European countries when it comes to quality of life, freedom, life expectancy, levels of crime and poverty, and education. It's a great country, but there are others out there arguably as good, and possibly 'better'

2. Yes, provided the US doesn't mind being nuked to pieces

3. Correct

4. No, the US's power is on the wane. Its financial grip on the world due to its remote position and large population has reached its peak, and is now receding

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join