It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You All Make Me Cry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

you should read that insight quoted in that thread about the age of soul

* If you're reading this, you're probably an Old Soul. Infant Souls are in jail for being serial killers; Baby Souls are busy attending Bible class or Ku Klux Klan rallies; Young Souls are off chasing the Almighty Dollar so they can park a shiny new BMW in their driveway for all the neighbors to see; and Mature Souls are flitting between their shrinks and the Betty Ford clinic. Only Old Souls sense that there's more to life, and are trying to figure it out so that they can get off the incarnation carousel. However, as the chart shows, we're in the minority.

it is in the second post of the thread
a must-read (not to take as absolute truth obviously but that perspective clears up so much about this world, i find it fascinating and mainly very helpful if starting doubting)

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sapient

Thank you very much. Words from heart - They are still exist. Thanks.

This "100th monkey" is very interesting, never heard before. But I am 100% sure, I am not the only 100th monkey - if.

I feel earths resonance is going up rapidly - They will wake up - they must. Only few years left to handle. If we really all must die to save the nature, we should try to get adult until then - maybe evolute before "this" end. How much Time is left? 3 Years 30? 50? MORE?!

And also thank you Mika, I (and don't know why) know - i'm damn old, a bit unfashionable since i was 4. Mother never tried to get me in a Zoo or Circus - I was always crying and saying: "let the cats out - let the cats out."

[edit on 3-1-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Just look at charity statistics

www.layscience.net...
mahasbtc.aarogya.com...
www.donatelifeny.org...

Wish i could find a graph calculating all charities,
mabye one with all blood donations through red cross over the years but i am having trouble finding this.

Looking at these tells me one thing, people ARE waking up. People DO deep down inside want to help others.
When you see these graphs take a nose dive, then you have something to worry about

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgrrsh26
Just look at charity statistics

www.layscience.net...
mahasbtc.aarogya.com...
www.donatelifeny.org...

Wish i could find a graph calculating all charities,
mabye one with all blood donations through red cross over the years but i am having trouble finding this.

Looking at these tells me one thing, people ARE waking up. People DO deep down inside want to help others.
When you see these graphs take a nose dive, then you have something to worry about

Nice find! The Bias looks very good. My Question is now, do more people donate more money, or less people donate much more? I think the later one, right?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
well take into consideration the rich getting richer and poor becoming poorer, as well as which of these rich people feel as you and I do, and which are selfish like the mass.

You must also take into consideration an increasing population as well, but I believe this creates an increase in positive influence as well.

I can tell you, Never in my life have I donated anything.

This winter after christmas shopping, While driving I realized I forgot to donate. I began to cry thinking "oh its too late, the good will bell and cups are probably all gone." and I prayed to God to allow me to find one. Sure enough making the last stop for a last minute christmas gift (about 3 minutes after the episode) under a Macy's overhang was the good ole' salvation army. I grabbed the last of my cash out of my pocket and thanked God for this blessing.

Two days ago i dropped off some old clothes to the clothing drop boxes. What angered me that day was the sight of illegal immagrants ramsacking the bags of clothes that somone too lazy to put them in the boxes left on the ground.

seeing me scared them off

moral of the story is, I changed. I changed more this last year than my whole 20 previous years on this earth. 2009 was the best year of my life

I changed, and others will too.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26

I think you educated your heart. And when you see who lucky people can get from a little "thing" for you. It's the best Emotion in the world - "YES - I HELPED"! All the best! from me to you!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Hello cushycrux!

Don't pay attention to those who criticise you just because your use of the English language doesn't meet their standards. I personally wish that we would all adopt a universal language and end this pointless existence of a thousand different languages.

Anyway, to the topic. I agree with you. I am an idealist and a "dreamer" just as you are and have come to the following conclusion which have helped me cope with life: there is much pain in the world. That is something that no one can deny. People are isolated, separated from each other, unnecessary formalities and pretentiously nice manners make this sad reality somehow attractive, but most of the time people live for themselves, secluded, afraid of talking to the person next to them. Labels and categorisations only make things worse. The fact is that we are all human, each of us unique and what we do affects us all collectively. We are in reality united, brothers and sisters, even though we act as if we are not and we depend on each other even though we like to think that we do not. We live on such a beautiful planet, the only place we have, but we still foolishly behave like spoiled siblings. We will learn, we will survive and we will be truly united. My conclusion is the following:

Whenever there is good around us, it inspires us to do good as well.
Whenever there is lack of it, it makes us all the more appreciate it.
Everything ultimately leads to goodness, to beauty, to truth.

So don't be disappointed and don't shed tears of sadness, but of joy and faith. Be the change you want to see in this world and others will follow your shining example.

Alexander

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Crying isn't going to save the world. If you plan on changing the world you have to do a little more than just that.

Don't worry, I'm sure when stuff starts going down most of us will be there to help others. Well, one would hope so.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hello. I, too, have gone through periods in which I felt utter despair for our world. It's listening to the world news which usually precipatates these bouts of sadness and anxiety, in my case.

As long as you experience emotional turmoil on a deep level, you will have to look to yourself to take care of yourself. You must recognize you cannot control what others do. It is much too overwhelming a task to imagine that anyone can.

You will need to start tuning some of it out. Focus on your own world and those around you. Unfortunately I have no control over what is going on in our planet. I can't change the way things are. I must accept this, and do whatever small things, but nonetheless valuable, that I might do, to increase the quality of my world, and those around me.

Whatever small thing you might do, helps. Even involving yourself in local/community issues. You might have to step back from the big picture for a while, if it's interfering with your well-being and keeping you upset.

I hope this makes sense.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
OK, I haven't read the whole thread but the OP sounds depressed. This is far from unusual in our world because we live in very unnatural conditions.

There are a variety of ways to deal with this, running the gamut from the spiritual to the psychological to the medical. Different approaches will be different for different types, so I won't try to prescribe one for the OP, but the point is that you CAN do something to get out of the dark place you are in. It is NEVER "too late," and hope always remains.

One thing I've found personally quite useful...some years ago a shrink of some sort did a study of happiness and found the following attitudes tend to be present in the least-depressed people, broadly speaking:

1) I have some measure of control over my life, even if not perfect control, and I have the ability to change things to make them more to my advantage, even if I can't find perfect satisfaction.

2) I am committed to something outside myself...could be any number of things: Family, close friends, a spiritual path, a political cause, and so on.

3) I see setbacks and problems not as causes for hopeless dispair but as challenging puzzles to be worked out that can actually be interesting in their own rights.

One more thing: I think it helps tremendously to have something you can pour your FOCUSED ATTENTION into, preferably non-verbal. Something challenging enough not to be boring, but not so difficult as to cause anxiety, and something you can improve at slowly over time. Examples include archery, violin, chess, sketching, rock-climbing, yoga or meditation, cooking, playing the piano, etc etc....find something where you can "lose yourself" in CONCENTRATION.

Good luck and remember there are many of us who feel for you and have been through dark times and come out better for it afterwards.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

If there is one thing I learned about ats is never take anything too seriously. why would you cry over a internet forum? save your tears for more important things.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
on the trend of depression, Therapy helps tremendously. From my personal experience nothing is better than a wise therapist.

Medication is a bandage. And over time it makes you toxic, sick. I am off medication now, and if it weren't for my financial situation I would without a doubt have kept my weekly therapy visits.

If you do decide this is something you would be interested in, dont be afraid to shop around. Like I said, a Wise therapist is key. One who has been through life and its turmoils, and has purposeful input, not one that will sit there and excuse the generalizations say "Right, mhmm, right, yes"

I was always against therapy, but after a certain situation, it became my best friend. If my therapist didnt know the answer, It was almost certain just by speaking on a certain topic, the answer was with me all along

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I feel like it is never to late to try and change things. I feel like everyone needs a good cry every now and then. I cry when I am overwhelmed but I try to do little things to let other people such as strangers or loved ones know that there are still good honest loving people in this world still!!! I have helped people who in the end left me high and dry but I will never give up. I know with all my heart there is more good then evil out there!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Try watching some Bashar videos on youtube. doesn't matter if you believe in what he does or not, i don't, i just love the wisdom that comes from him. it really helps.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
You sound high as a kite!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Maybe if you tried to focus on some of the amazing and positive aspects and individual acts in the world instead of only paying attention to the negative attributes ... then you wouldn't feel so depressed.

Remember we should all strive to maintain an element of balance in our lives for the better of our sanity and survival.

If you look at the other side of the issues you mention and stop wallowing in the mire ... things may look a lot better

Woody

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

It sounds like you may be a "first wave" person. Hopefully this link to a audio interview with Dolores Cannon, will explain you are not alone and your soul has a purpose for being here now at this time and place.

video.google.com...#

There is a logical reason you don't totally feel "a part of this madness".

Also, listen to Woodwytch - In order for the insanity not to get to you, try to concentrate more on the positive.

You are not alone.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
reply to post by Jazzyguy

It is too late my friend, we coudlv changed everything but we didn't and to change the course right now needs a very big miriacle from our part.

We are headed to destruction either in 2012 or a few years after, it really doesn't matter, we people can't even change if our earth's life is at stake so do you think we will ever change?

we are such a joke.

If your frame of mind is about this generation, it could be the case. But if you change your frame of mind and think about the next generation (the children), then the answer is no, it's not too late, there's still hope.

[edit on Mon, 4 Jan 10 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Thank you all for your open hearted true words. I'ts extremely hard to write in this level in English for me. It's very interesting for me try describing what I feel.

I am not really depressed, I also believe in all good and never disbelieve in it's matter. But all seems so hopeless. Look all my friends will go look "Avatar" this evening. They then will say: "A very good movie - and message" but not one of them will life in this meaning. They applause to the good in Cinema and then they laugh down the poor and weak in reality.

I will be bound for my dreams. I stand up now, because I can't look at this mess anymore. Why don't we connect us and stop this insane progress of selfish destruction. I hear all say - I can't do something - and I say: This is a lie.

They don't want to take any responsibility for nothing. We all can change if we just do. Not dreaming about a better place, - make a better place. Not beg to god for forgiveness, - but life this spirit. You only must let it out - or we will die dumb and unconscious. Should this be the faith of Human? A God like creature? You really like to die before you must change your "values" - Then OK.

I just begin to fight now, I must. Can't take this anymore.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
first as your sister or Aunty, dep[endimng upion uyour age, i offer a safe hug. thisn i show you viddy on youtube of what is happening in iran. yes some horrible things- if you look at one side.... BUT- the PEOPLE HAVE HAD ENOUGH. and are taking back their country. let's hope it spreads.

my sorrow is because i was raised to be a warrior and fight TPTB and honestly- i can't even wipe my own azz. is not self-pity but more uselessness. i am told i'm just a parasite both by the system and the ppl, on one hand and a cop-out because all i do is be on msg boards etc on the other for not A) still be living out in the woods, off the grids, as i did for several years, or B) out fighting the bastards, like i've also done first hand. i wish i did have means to do something except read/watch alt news and cry sometimes because i no longer have money or strength or anything of value to contribute. spent past two months selling off or giving away just about everything i own, even clothing and tv, to help ppl around me who having hard time out. and feeling guilty because im hanging on to my computer and trying to justify it... gave away 2 yo laptop n now using crappy ancient desktop even without all my accessibility crap on it.

maybe the eugenicists DO have one thing right, lol. if a person is indigent and cannot perform ANYTHING substantive... make assisted suicide legal option even or especially IF their condition ain't terminal. lol.

ON TOPIC= i'm sassuming you CAN still fight? go for it, eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join