It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You All Make Me Cry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
I really wonder. I am talking about universal love and consciousness and you are only here to say: HAHA He Can't write english.

So true.

English was my second language at one time too. Perhaps that is why the mis-placed and off-topic criticism irks me so. I remember being ridiculed in school by those who spoke it fluently back then. Now, not so much. I've found that my understanding of English surpasses many who have learned nothing but.

Mockery is the lowest form of criticism. Not helpful in any way, just dismissive.

Back on topic... how do you feel about the ability of people from around the world, many of whom now have internet access, to state what they consider important issues, like the ones you've mentioned?

Do you see a hope in the web as a venue, or is the language barrier still too much to overcome?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

It is too late my friend, we coudlv changed everything but we didn't and to change the course right now needs a very big miriacle from our part.

We are headed to destruction either in 2012 or a few years after, it really doesn't matter, we people can't even change if our earth's life is at stake so do you think we will ever change?

we are such a joke.

one tip for people, simply don't care about what will happen and try to be the best person you can be. If you can't change the world then try to at least keep peace in yourself.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Posted by ESC on October 10, 2000

In Reply to: Learning by heart posted by Art Gittleman on October 09, 2000

: My daughter was wondering where the expression "learn by heart" comes from. We focus on the brain for learning these days.

LEARN BY HEART - When a student "learns by rote," he or she may be able to recite the words but might not necessary understand what the words mean. A student who learns something by heart understands the concept of the lesson. The lesson is internalized and becomes part of the person's working knowledge. Mr. Hendrickson has this explanation of the phrase: "The ancient Greeks believed that the heart, the most noticeable internal organ, was the seat of intelligence and memory as well as emotion. This belief was passed on down the ages and became the basis for the English expression 'learn by heart,' which is used by Chaucer (1374) and must have been proverbial long before that. 'To record' reminds us again of this ancient belief in the heart as the seat of the mind. When writing wasn't a simple act, things had to be memorized; thus we have the word 'record,' formed from the Latin 're,' 'again,' and 'cor,' 'heart,' which means exactly the same as 'learn by heart.'" From "Encyclopedia of Word and Phrase Origins" by Robert Hendrickson (Facts on File, New York, 1997)

FIRST USED 1374! I thought it's your motherlanguage?!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

The problem of people today is if they are confronted with themselves, they getting very, very angry to me. I see that every day. It's so sad. As I said: Everyone can be good, IF they want. But It's apparently easier to define an enemy and "to flock together" against the unpleasant truth.

What better can I do then as Cry for this People?

Admittedly, I did have to read the original post twice. But I did understand the gist of the content. People get too upset over other peoples writing styles. As long as a point is made, I can reasonably assay the intentions of the writer. All readers are translators. The comphresnion of the material presented was not that difficult. Jeez, why do people get so testy?!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

You claim to know God, or at least are close to God.
But to truly feel close to God one must have faith,
That of which you intensely lack.

Find faith, and you will find God.
Find faith, lest you wish your sadness to overcome your being.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Back on topic... how do you feel about the ability of people from around the world, many of whom now have internet access, to state what they consider important issues, like the ones you've mentioned?

Do you see a hope in the web as a venue, or is the language barrier still too much to overcome?

I think we all have an extreme potential that we are not able or not willing to use. And I don't know why. The people can let hate and violence out easier than love, and i wonder also about that.

I mean, we are crating this world every morning new, when we sleep it it doesn't exist. We can wake up tomorrow morning and live in a paradise.

We are at the end time of capitalism, but all people are so "adjusted" to work for this system, they can not realize the "true truth."

The whole world we live in is a simulation in our brain based on experiences and fears. So nobody knows the real reality.

And in Times of Individuality we all differ more and more, and at least - everybody is lost in his "values". And most of them have egoistic nature.

I start a club here in Switzerland with people of the same interests. We wan't a "core values" based, fulfilled life. No more consume and greed. We wan't help the weak and the invalid. We will make flyers with "good sayings", go hugging people on the street aso...

It's like a church without religion what we plan here. But I am so weal now, just see the darkness, not sure If have the power to make this come true. We are 10 people now, making some rules.

But I don't believe really that we will find more good people who wan't change the world seriously (without material profit).

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
double post sorry

[edit on 3-1-2010 by sgrrsh26]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

It's like a church without religion what we plan here. But I am so weal now, just see the darkness, not sure If have the power to make this come true. We are 10 people now, making some rules.

But I don't believe really that we will find more good people who wan't change the world seriously (without material profit).

You just found another with similar beliefs, now you are 11.

This hopelessness you feed, will consume you.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Maybe more a problem of Heart language vs. Brain language?

Hm, i'ts like a Damokles Sword. - damn

[edit on 3-1-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

One question. Do you eat meat?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

One question. Do you eat meat?

No, since 21 Years. Why?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Nature has a way of balancing itself out.
It is quite silly to think that we have the power to fight against it. We can destroy, but at any given moment, it can hit us back.

One tsunami on the eastern coast of the United States, and a great number of people would be wiped out.

Every living organism on this planet it connected. Humans are essentially hurting themselves. If you cry, it's for good reason.

People often look at our planet as a helpless victim, as we poison it. I assure you, OP...it is not. We can control each other, but we cannot control nature.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Can someone help me with this: All Movie Heros are altruistic, good, and fight for the weak and poor. We all love this Movie Hero's, why don't we act then like our paragon?

Or better: Why don't to laugh down the Hero like you (all) do in real live. How can this naive do-gooder be a Hero?

And this mean everybody knows the meaning of "universal love" and "being good" and what is right and what is not. So it seems to be a natural "moral program" is working in all of us. If this is true there is still hope.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Hollywood Heroes are Not real people ... they're simply "characters" - creations of the writer's mind.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Hollywood Heroes are Not real people ... they're simply "characters" - creations of the writer's mind.

And .............? Is that your explanation for my question?

[edit on 3-1-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Maybe pictures are Better than words. I feel like This Guy:

And now drink, kiss the girls and have a nice life. Not easy.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Yep....that's the way it is at the moment.....exercise, social contacts, doing fun things or maybe an anti-depression tablet will keep your mind from staring at the troubles in the world.

You, I or somebody else do have not the power to change any of how things are run in this world. The basis of all this crap that is happening and has happened lies in the genetic code that make us want stuff.

This compulsion is a strong force that is nurtured from early and considered necessary to survive in this world.

And it is as if the entire world is arranged just for that. All we have learned about feeding this need for stuff must be applied as soon as we have to take care of our selves.

The people with the most sklls to gather will have the most. Unfortunately there are always people who do not play according the "rules" and cause others to suffer, distroy nature or rob a bank....so to speak.

Some folks have a talent for it and consider it the most important quality and other people do not have this craving at all and belief that more less tangible things are important. Like keeping the peace, helping others, preserving nature.

In the world we live in and how it works it is good to have a balance between these things.

For the world to change into a peace loving planet and that everybody is concerned about the health of eachother and nature this craving for stuff has to go.

Next question; how can we get rid of it? Well the answer lies in our genetics, upbringing and how the world is organised (works).

It will take a global united effort and a lot of re-arranging for this to happen. And I am sure that a lot of (rich) people will not like this, there will be resistance.

And the biological part will slowly change over the generations. The need for want is not dominant anymore once we all live in a society where to fight over stuff is considered primative behaviour.

That is how I think about what is happening around us.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The correlation of movie "heroes" equating to that which is right, wrong, upstanding and/or morally correct, leaves me unable to properly "answer" or address th same.

I do agree that "people", are, for the most part, capable of determining "right" from "wrong" ... on the whole and in a "core-sense" manner.

The "problem", if you will, enters the equation once you introduce the ever-increasing range of potentially divisive "variables" ...

location, past, present, situation, influences, religion, gov't, etc...

... All mOar than capable of muddying those once clear waters.

Me?
It would seem that you're seeking a sort of Utopian answer to That age olde Question...

Why can't we all just get along? - like.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I understand you. But look, Positive or Negative is maybe relative, but not in it's bias. Why is it so easy to destruct and so hard to create.

I sometimes ask myself: Is it possible that the universe created us to aks the - you know, - 47 Questions. And because we are a part of the universe we must exist - only for this questions that possibly comes from the universe but not from mankind itself.

I suffer, because I am to "soft" for this hard times. but I ask you, why should I sell my soul to damn system. I have that feeling "to have" or must wake up people around me to make themselves more "open heartet". We need learn to trust and this is not possible in a world who everyone want make profit. What about give something without expectations?

Why not - its such a nice feeling make someone happy. But people fear to give, or what? And I am not sure if it's really impossible that one man can inspire the whole world to be better - this happened already more then one time.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
For those who didn't understand the OP's post, sometimes you need to remember that English is not always a person's first language. Yes, I too needed to re-read certain phrases and certain sentences so that my brain could understand. But the amazing thing is that my heart understood perfectly what was being said, even while my brain was struggling with certain parts of it.

And to the OP, I understand the pain and despair that your words were trying to convey. But, instead of dwelling on the hopelessness of it all, try to turn those tears of pain into tears of joy and tears of love.

Do what you can, at this point in time. Sometimes that's all you can do, at this moment in time. Your new group sounds great, so try to focus on that. Instead of looking to the hopelessness of it all, try to find that one little thread of truth, that one little thread of hope, that one little thread of love, and grab hold and hang onto that. You may just be the 100th monkey.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join