It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Artists Create GPS Tool to Enable Illegal Immigration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

California Artists Create GPS Tool to Enable Illegal Immigration

www.foxnews.com

The effort is being done on the government's dime — an irony not lost on the designers whose salaries are paid by the state of California.

"There are many, many areas in which every American would say I don't like the way my tax dollars are being spent. Our answer to that is an in-your-face, so what?" says UCSD lecturer Brett Stalbaum, 33, a self-described news junkie who likens his role to chief technology officer.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well I found this story to be pretty funny, personally. I honestly have no idea whether this would be considered aiding and abetting criminals or not.

I could only assume that the people trying to get these GPS-enabled phones to illegals in Mexico have a sense of humour. It kind of sounds to me like they plan on someone setting up shop in Mexico, to hand out these phones, and convince Mexicans to cross into America illegally.
Seriously, is handing out these phones anything other than encouraging people to break America's laws??

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Nothing can be done about it. If you discourage it you're a racist, even though it promotes and facilitates breaking the law. Just another example of why we need to drop political correctness and do the right thing.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I don't expect that we as a 'modern society' will ever be able to look beyond 'political correctness'. Just seems to me that it has become yet ANOTHER method of control that they can use against us at will.

I fully expect that western governments will keep trying to make anything less than politically-correct, illegal.

Those Anti-'hate' laws that Obama enjoys passing seem to target 1st amendment rights in every way. Shame, we are now encouraged to feel uncomfortable to say what's on our mind -- Out of fear that our opinion or sense of humour will be illegal at worst. I don't think we will ever fully overcome issues like racism, until the law stops demanding that we view everyone else as 'protected', and allows us to just see each other as the same, for a change... Until we feel comfortable embracing our many differences, we can't come together imo.

rant-end.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I hate to say this, but "its a free market kinda world, let the producers produce, if you don't like it don't buy it."

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Might as well get use to living with them.

The NAU isn't too far away.

Amero anybody?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The Answer is, to turn the technology against them:

1. A simple policy by which these phones will ALL need to be registered with Immigration.

2. Then, monitored via GPS, by the Border Patrol.

3. Border Patrol waits patiently at the border as they watch the "Illegals" walk toward the border.

4. Arrest or Deter.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by LASTofTheV8s]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

How true. It amazes me to think this is o.k. with some people. Of course once they achieve amnesty, to shore up the Dems voter base, we'll see less stuff like this.

new topics

top topics

join