It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Guest "If you are an 18-28 year old muslim you should be stripped searched"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

Muslims against Sharia. What a joke.
"OUR GOALS
*to educate Muslims about dangers presented by Islamic religious texts and why Islam must be reformed
*to educate non-Muslims about the differences between moderate Muslims and Islamists (a.k.a. Islamic Religious Fanatics, Radical Muslims, Muslim Fundamentalists, Islamic Extremists or Islamofascists)
*to educate both Muslims and non-Muslims alike that Moderate Muslims are also targets of Islamic Terror"

See here is the problem. They want to educate non-muslims about blah blah blah. Here's what the goal should be: to educate Muslims to stop committing acts of violence. period.
Non-muslims don't need to be educated about how "peaceful" muslims are... because all muslims need to do is prove that and.... sorry, not happening. AND I"M INSULTED!!!!

Muslims should be ashamed. All muslims should be ashamed.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

Originally posted by Someone336
reply to post by JJay55

I'm glad you have the ability to instantly know the thoughts and feelings of every one of the 1.6 billion Muslims on the earth.

Seriously, no one cares about the thoughts and feelings of 1.6 billion muslims. If they were good people they would have stood up and stopped terrorism by now. So that tells you alot about the power of numbers and the motivation of people.

Again, you seem to confuse Islam and individual muslims. Islam is responsible for terrorism. Islam is responsible for airport security to have to be so complicated. Islam produced and continues to produce criminals who want to blow up planes. No other religion is doing this. No other religion is doing this. The TSA now will profile any way they want to thanks to Islam.

I vote for taking it a step further and removing Islam all together.

I am with you. Right after we mutilate the genitalia of all catholics since they did not all stand up and protest the sexual abuse that church practiced fore decades and not one of them dared to stop it. Then we can move on. Eventually, there will be no religion left because of your line of NOT thinking, and then I will actually be happy. I mean, if one guy does something wrong, and another guy from the same religion does not go beat him to death, the whole religion is wrong right?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale

Actually, I think the elephant in the room would be - how are airlines supposed to know your religion, how fundamentally you take, and what ties you have. If you can tell me that, I am all on board.

Airlines are not supposed too......the most technologically advanced Governmental Spy agencies in the world should have a pretty good clue. Yeah it won't be 100% effective but focusing on those traits will weed out more than searching grannies.

It's amazing what you can do with a little demographics....

Muslims Percentage of a Country

Rank Countries Amount
= 1 Saudi Arabia: 100%
= 1 Somalia: 100%
= 3 Mauritania: 99.9%
= 3 Maldives: 99.9%
# 5 Western Sahara: 99.8%
= 6 Comoros: 99%
= 6 Tunisia: 99%
= 6 Yemen: 99%
= 6 Djibouti: 99%
= 6 Afghanistan: 99%
= 6 Oman: 99%
= 6 Algeria: 99%
= 6 Turkey: 99%
= 6 Iran: 99%
# 15 Morocco: 98.7%
= 16 Iraq: 97%
= 16 Libya: 97%
# 18 Pakistan: 96.35%
= 19 Jordan: 95%
= 19 Qatar: 95%
= 19 Tajikistan: 95%
# 22 Senegal: 94%
# 23 Azerbaijan: 93.4%
# 24 Egypt: 91%
= 25 Gambia, The: 90%
= 25 Niger: 90%
= 25

[edit on 5-1-2010 by pavil]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Airlines are not supposed too......the most technologically advanced Governmental Spy agencies in the world should have a pretty good clue. Yeah it won't be 100% effective but focusing on those traits will weed out more than searching grannies.

So you think all of our top government intelligence agencies should be manning the gates at Rochester International in WNY? You are not serious are you? I asked a pretty simple question and am getting so much other nonsense as answers. Are you suggesting our government sit on "Orbitz" all day and night? What are you offering here. If the Airport cant do it, but you know who can, how is it implemented? Please just actually answer my question.

It's amazing what you can do with a little demographics....

Muslims Percentage of a Country

Rank Countries Amount
= 1 Saudi Arabia: 100%
= 1 Somalia: 100%
= 3 Mauritania: 99.9%
= 3 Maldives: 99.9%
# 5 Western Sahara: 99.8%
= 6 Comoros: 99%
= 6 Tunisia: 99%
= 6 Yemen: 99%
= 6 Djibouti: 99%
= 6 Afghanistan: 99%
= 6 Oman: 99%
= 6 Algeria: 99%
= 6 Turkey: 99%
= 6 Iran: 99%
# 15 Morocco: 98.7%
= 16 Iraq: 97%
= 16 Libya: 97%
# 18 Pakistan: 96.35%
= 19 Jordan: 95%
= 19 Qatar: 95%
= 19 Tajikistan: 95%
# 22 Senegal: 94%
# 23 Azerbaijan: 93.4%
# 24 Egypt: 91%
= 25 Gambia, The: 90%
= 25 Niger: 90%
= 25

[edit on 5-1-2010 by pavil]

Yes, it is completely amazing how incorrect and ill informed you can be with demographics. Demos are used for targeting HUGE arrays of people and HOPING to hit a small percentage of that HUGE group. That would be taking a step back. Other than that, I am friends with two families in SA and not one person in the immediate family is Muslim so I guess 100% might just be a little off. I would love to know where any of this info came from because 100 percent is impossible to reach anyway.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

If they were good people they would have stood up and stopped terrorism by now. So that tells you alot about the power of numbers and the motivation of people.

Why not answer the question I have proposed to you multiple times now? Why haven't the 1.1 billions Catholic stood together and condemned the actions of the IRA, the abortion clinic bombers, or any other terrorist action committed by people claiming to be Catholic?

The 28,836,700 citizens of Peru have yet to have stood together and stopped the actions of the Shining Path, and I'm still waiting on the three million Basques to get together and shut down Eta, not to mention the 44,534,000 people living in Colombia who still haven't got on their collective soapboxes and preached against Farc! Just what the heck is going on! Somebody better tell the CIA to start burning the midnight oil in their production of anal microchips!

So please, enlighten us, what makes it so special about Muslims that they get to be profiled, while all of the others get off scott-free?

Somehow I have a hard time believing that you actually believe your the Stormfront/White Power style gibberish, and that you really just prefer to say nonsense and sit back and watch the results.

Again, you seem to confuse Islam and individual muslims. Islam is responsible for terrorism. Islam is responsible for airport security to have to be so complicated. Islam produced and continues to produce criminals who want to blow up planes. No other religion is doing this. No other religion is doing this. The TSA now will profile any way they want to thanks to Islam.

But how will we tell which Ugandans are with the Lord's Resistance Army or not, or which Catholics are gonna blow up abortion clinics? We must be safe!

I vote for taking it a step further and removing Islam all together.

Yes, because actively oppressing people and taking away their rights doesn't make people violent in the least. Out of curiosity, have you ever taken a history class?

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Someone336]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
As i stated before, the US is responsible for much more murder, chaos, and destruction in the world than islam is. If you are going to point the finger at islam for the ....say, thousands of deaths due to islam in the last 50 years, how can you not point the finger at the US for the MILLIONS of deaths due to american wars and interventions in the last 50 years? If every muslim is responsible for their thousands of deaths, then damnit, ALL YOU AMERICANS are responsible for the MILLIONS of deaths from iraq to afghanistan, to laos, to cambodia and vietnam, from columbia to argentina to panama. And thats just a start. How the weight of those deaths must weigh upon your souls.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
AND I Agree with this search

I mean, america created this hate that the muslim community have against it

its not like they someday just had the idea that us is bad

your government did create the hate in the muslim community so now you need to search every muslim to be sure they dont have a bomb or something ...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Racism is getting worse is it not? And it's being embraced by a lot of people in the US, and other places by many.

It's getting sad and ridiculous. We are all equals, even if you are a horrible person, you are a living human being.

But I guess some would consider some exceptions to what I just said.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

Lilly,

We have created a whole Dept of Homeland Security and focused much of our intelligence agency on this specific threat. Yes, they should be looking for people who fit such a profile and be watching them more closely when they travel by air.

Demographics do precisely what they are supposed to do, give you overall snapshots of a country. If you are trying to tell me that the VAST majority of Citizens of Saudi Arabia aren't Muslims because you know two families from there that aren't, I would suggest to you that you have a false belief.

For example, another source indicates SA is 97% Muslim, of course not every person in a country will be of the same exact Creed, but I'll take the odds of me checking everyone from Countries that have an over 90% chance of them being Muslim , if I want to figure out who is a Muslim. It can be done and done rather effectively by using such data.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Lilly,

We have created a whole Dept of Homeland Security and focused much of our intelligence agency on this specific threat. Yes, they should be looking for people who fit such a profile and be watching them more closely when they travel by air.

I did not say anything about profiling people according to sets of data or any such thing. I specifically asked how you are supposed to know who is and who is not Muslim. I am specifically asking all the people screaming to have them ALL strip searched and worse. What is it you are trying to say?

Demographics do precisely what they are supposed to do, give you overall snapshots of a country. If you are trying to tell me that the VAST majority of Citizens of Saudi Arabia aren't Muslims because you know two families from there that aren't, I would suggest to you that you have a false belief.

So you are going to strip search everyone that comes from SA? That at least seems feasable but you seem to have lost the point. If you are going to strip search EVERY MUSLIM, you need to know they are a Muslim right? Are you saying some countries automatically warrant a strip search? What about Countries like the U.S. where the 9/11 terrorists happened to be living?

For example, another source indicates SA is 97% Muslim, of course not every person in a country will be of the same exact Creed, but I'll take the odds of me checking everyone from Countries that have an over 90% chance of them being Muslim , if I want to figure out who is a Muslim. It can be done and done rather effectively by using such data.

Are you for real? Figuring out who is Muslim can be done quite effectively using such data? OK. I am from the U.S. What religion am I? Does it just work for Muslims? Do you think all Muslims are a certain race or nationality or look a certain way? I do not get how you think it would be easy to figure out what religion someone is just going on the percentage of Muslims in the country. Especially if you are going to use a data set that lists ANY country as 100% any religion.

I am starting to think people on ATS think Muslims are a race of people and not people who have chosen a particular religion.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale
So you are going to strip search everyone that comes from SA? That at least seems feasable but you seem to have lost the point. If you are going to strip search EVERY MUSLIM, you need to know they are a Muslim right? Are you saying some countries automatically warrant a strip search? What about Countries like the U.S. where the 9/11 terrorists happened to be living?
I wouldn't Strip search every Muslim, I haven't' stated that. I would however take the subset of Males of a certain age, traveling without women or kids ( so far they haven't done that) from countries with extremely high percentages of Muslims, cross reference them against any list I might have that would indicate extremism/fundamentalism/ links to known extremists and pay extra close attention/added procedures to them.

Are you for real? Figuring out who is Muslim can be done quite effectively using such data? OK. I am from the U.S. What religion am I? Does it just work for Muslims? Do you think all Muslims are a certain race or nationality or look a certain way? I do not get how you think it would be easy to figure out what religion someone is just going on the percentage of Muslims in the country. Especially if you are going to use a data set that lists ANY country as 100% any religion.

I am starting to think people on ATS think Muslims are a race of people and not people who have chosen a particular religion.

First off if you take a country that has a 90%+ Muslim population, my odds are very good that most people I search randomly from that country will be Muslim. I'll take those odds. For example, if I wanted to randomly search for Christians coming from Ireland, my chance of being right would be about 94%, 86% would be Catholic. You can profile Religion by nationality with some countries with a fairly high degree of success. Some nations that would not be the case. I don't mean to stereotype but numbers don't lie. I wouldn't be correct 100% of the time but I will take 80 or 90% correct. Also AQ operatives that have been airline bombers fit a pretty easy to plot subset for the most part if we really wanted to target and search them, without pissing off most Muslim passengers. Again, it won't be 100% perfect, but I will take any flack for those feeling discriminated against if it catches one person.

I am sorry if I am offending you, but quite frankly, young Radicalized/Fundamentalist Muslim Males are the problem, not me wanting to search and look out for them more closely. I am tired of all the PC when it comes to this.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I am sorry if I am offending you, but quite frankly, young Radicalized/Fundamentalist Muslim Males are the problem, not me wanting to search and look out for them more closely. I am tired of all the PC when it comes to this.

You are not offending me. I get where you are going and I think for the most part you are on to something. You are just forgetting something. Being Muslim is a choice.

Now let us just try this experiment.

You: Hi Shawn McIrishname, are you Christian?

Shawn: No.

Hmmm. Can you prove otherwise? How will you know he is a Christian if he says he is not?

You:Hi Muhamed Salaam, are you a Muslim?

Salaam: No.

Well, I guess they just defeated your highly intellectual profiling system just like that. This would be my point. I do not have a problem with focusing on points of origin. I do not even have a problem with skin color profiling as that will just lead to teams dealing with white terrorists and teams dealing with brown terrorists. That will all even out so go for it. I have a problem with Religious Profiling simply because it is stupid. Do not ask why unless my little play act there confused you.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

offer them a bacon buttie?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

offer them a bacon buttie?

OK, that made me laugh. Maybe you are on to something. Instead of scanners, mandatory buffets. Man I was grouchy, thanks!

[edit on 1/14/10 by Lillydale]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

ha ha no bother, wasn't sure how that would go down, was waiting for the offended brigade to post

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

ha ha no bother, wasn't sure how that would go down, was waiting for the offended brigade to post

Well, you know that it says something in the Koran about being allowed to violate some of those edicts to save one's life.

That doesn't mean your line wasn't funny.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

no doubt Johnny, the teachings can be quite "flexible" when required- if the same guys are prepared to blow up an airliner they probably could hold a bit of pork down for a few mins

OK let's up the ante

They have to

* Eat a bacon buttie

* Kiss the bible

* Draw a cartoon of mohammad

* Down a beer

* Place a bet

see if we can't nail these suckers

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Man, I like to be as PC as the next guy but I cannot see how that is really offensive. Muslims and Jewish people have strict dietary rules and you simply pointed out how that could be used to delineate Muslims. Who can be offended at that? If it were not for the fact that apparently these guys are allowed to go to strip clubs to "fit in" I would genuinely push that. I'd be willing to go stand there with free samples and get really pushy about how good my ham is. If it is not the best solution, it is the funniest one I have heard and I needed a good laugh at the time.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Maybe you all have something. What if they offer a choice. Fulfill your list, submit to a pat down, or walk through a scanner. Everyone has their damn freedom back.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

no doubt Johnny, the teachings can be quite "flexible" when required- if the same guys are prepared to blow up an airliner they probably could hold a bit of pork down for a few mins

OK let's up the ante

They have to

* Eat a bacon buttie

* Kiss the bible

* Draw a cartoon of mohammad

* Down a beer

* Place a bet

see if we can't nail these suckers

Ok, the bacon buttie was subtle, slightly subversive...and British.

More is not necessarily better...one loses the elegance

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join