It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with all the Homophobia?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

Obviously you haven't read all of my posts or else the bible wouldn't have even been brought up. Again, actions and displays of such nature are treated differently........gay or straight they aren't necessary. Again, enjoy being the victim, seems to be your only real contribution here. Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I'm not gay. I just realise that gay people are people, and deserve every single right that straight people get. That goes for everyone in the LGBT community.

Coming into a thread about homophobia, then using the word "deviant" when describing gay parades, will naturally lead people to think you're calling gay folks deviant. If you just came here to rant on about how public displays of affection are deviant regardless of sex, you're in the wrong thread.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thank you I will read, it is a subject largely ignored, a taboo if you like, thanks for pointing me there.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by Rising Against

I agree with you. I'm not gay either, but I have many friends that are and they're all great people. I can't stand to see them put down over something that should really not be anyone else's business anyway.

Then maybe they should try not making it everyone else's business by wearing their sexual preference on their sleeve!

I don't see straight people organizing straight pride parades. If gays like putting from the rough then they should keep it to themselves and stop shoving it down everyone else's throat! That is why people dislike them.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Its because the average person is uneducated, brainwashed, controlled and a zombie. and with all the uprising in confusion within the world, things are changing to fast for people so they are either taking their own path/the right path or joining the rest of them...

As well there isnt must of a movement to prevent it or discourage it. there are no gay protests and such. its just like the rest of the # that is still wrong with the world and the governments, no action has taken place so it will only increase.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
well...

1st - Everyone has the right to like or dislike something. If someone is completely against gays, they're entitled to that right

2nd - Homophobes = latent homosexuals... well thats a bunch of BS. Its like when someone doesnt like that new hot sports car that the top football player bought and someone just comes in and says "thats all envy... you only say that cause in reality you wish you were the one to be able to have it" - well thats crap... guess what, the person in question can REALLY hate the freakin car. Its not envy, its just not that person's idea of a "good car" or it just doesnt fit with that person's liking. Still that "homophobes = latent homosexuals" is used often as a defense and even shows up in media like movies (American Beauty for instance) but thats just nonsense and its a minority of "homophobes" anyway...

To sum it up... you have the right to be homophobe. The right to be a jew hater, the right to be a racist, same way as others have the right to be gay, to be jews and to be black or yellow. Same freedoms apply to all...

So I would risk to say that "IF gays stopped all those parades and Oooo look at me... I'm free freeeeee oh I feel so good kinda crap, homophobes would stop the most harsh attacks"... but that would require that gays stopped showing everyone, everyday that being gay is "natural" and stop shoving "gayness" down people's throats.

Same as religion... I dont care if you're a christian or a muslim, but dont shove that crap down my throat - I respect it while you respect my "space" and dont try to invade it with your religion crap... same with gays - I dont care if yer gay or not... just dont try to force something on me that I dont like and if you do, you prolly get some "violent response". Its not that I hate gays I hate the ones that violate my "air space" and they will be shot down - same with religious fanatics, same with ANYTHING anyone tries to force me to... hell I can turn into an anti-ferrari if you force me to have one.

I like my liberties and one of them is I'm entitled to like or dislike what I want and noone, no man or god as the power or right to change my thought or the way I live to take on someone's point of view as my own.

Once again, racists, atheists, homophobes, nazis have same rights as the "all equal" people, christians, muslims, gays and communists.

Live and let live - for both parts. And maybe this is where the two sides fail in search for the "equal rights", cause no side respects the other. Its not the racists fault or the homophobes or the atheists, the fault resides also in the the so called tolerant people who actually dont tolerate others unless they fit in their own definition of "right or wrong".

I dont care if you're a racist, or if you're not. I dont care if you're gay or if you're an homophobe, I dont care if you are a christian, muslim, if you worship the holy white toiletseat nor do I care if you are an atheist... I simply respect everyone's opinions and dont judge them according to my own cause people have the right to be all that, its their beliefs! I have mine... thing is, I respect yours when you respect mine... if you dont, well then the "diplomatic treaty" is over and I'll hate you for anything thats different from mine - for every action there's a reaction and you should be ready for that reaction when you try to bend my mind at your will and want to turn me into one of your own...

We do not live in a black and white world... these are only many shades of gray - so respect to be respected.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by FraternitasSaturni]

[edit on 3-1-2010 by FraternitasSaturni]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust

Originally posted by Ulala
reply to post by expat2368

Do you get many gay parades walking past your home in Moldova ?

I'd love to see the photographs

You know, for every queen manning a float, there's a thousand perfectly normal gay men getting on with life, just like you or I. You probably work with one and don't even know it. There might even be one in your family too, it's statistically likely.

Exactly, not every gay man has the stereotypical accent and walk that they tend to portray on tv, same with people thinking all lesbians are vegans and dont shave their armpits!
. Regular people folks, nothing to see here.

Or some people think vegans are lesbians

Better not give out any ideas

For the OP. You're not the only one thinking this is frustrating. Why some people got to be victims of other peoples hatred and bullying. Fear, religion, prejudice or whatever reason.The result is just as same. Don't think it will change. And that's very sad.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

Victim much........I don't think I was ranting, nope I kow I wasn't ranting, I simply answered the OP......last time, I said gay and straight.....both, duo, plural, all of 'em, everybody..........can't say it any better than that, you chose to believe what you want, but .....nah why waste the time? Have a nice night.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
OP

Thats a gay question to ask

Now I have to take a shower...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
not homophobic, but it does bother me that certain people, particularly but not limited to homosexuals, tend to want the world to know and can't not tell everyone they meet.

i find it extremely offensive that there are people out there, particularly but not limited to homosexuals, that you cannot communicate on a non-intimate basis yet somehow their personal desires overflow into a moment that means less because of it.

you know it's bad when someone tells you their sexuality before they tell you their name...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Exactly correct.The epitome of irony is that the 'equality for all' mantra that some preach ONLY extends to those with which they agree.

On topic,my personal opinion with no offense meant to anyone is as follows.

First,it must be remembered that homosexuals aren't easily identifiable; they lack visual, racial or religious indicators. Thus much more of the attention drawn to them is actually drawn by the more 'colorful' members of the practice. ('practice' being exactly what it is.) Frankly, it would help if gays/lesbians were blue or green or some such. That would remove the need to throw ridiculously offensive 'parades' to indicate 'pride' in what is just another sexual preference at the end of the day.

True and honest message to any homosexuals reading IMO?Most of us straights don't give a damn whom you sleep with or live with or marry..its the freakish members of your own sub-culture that actively and actually encourage most of the backlash. Any increase in homophobia is due to a knee jerk reaction to any(perceived) increase in offensive, pink-clad, leather and boa wearing swishers. If you are bold enough to swish down the street then I recommend you expect some to be bold enough to express indignation with same. Whether warranted or not is another matter entirely.

Maybe this message isn't politically correct but rest assured, it is the truth.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It's naturally wrong. People of the same sex aren't meant to get it on with each other. It just goes against the laws of nature. Personally, I could care less. But at the same time, it's not NATURAL. I can't remember the last time a man had a baby by another man. Same thing with women too.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by notsympl

Wow, you heterosexuals also get that?
Although people have been "nice" and quasi-liberal, I still cannot bond with hetero guys. I mean I did in my 20s, but I'm finding it tough to connect now.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sr_robert1
It's naturally wrong. People of the same sex aren't meant to get it on with each other. It just goes against the laws of nature. Personally, I could care less. But at the same time, it's not NATURAL. I can't remember the last time a man had a baby by another man. Same thing with women too.

How is two people of the same sex getting it on against nature? I suppose some sheep, pigs and dogs then also go against nature. We are way past the sex is only for procreation stage. Nowadays people have sex for fun. Have you never seen two male lions copulating? Well then you ain't been to Africa. But how can that be? Nobody can tell me that animals are somehow outside nature.
We are all individuals within nature and people better get used to the blatant historic fact: NATURE made some people GAY!
And homophobic honeys, apart from getting your knickers in a knot, what the hell can you do about it?

[edit on 3-1-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The lions, sheep, goats, dogs dont have a cerebral cortex where morals and values are either. That is the part of the human brain that animals do not have, the large cerebral cortex, that we are supposed to use.

If you work on a project and make lots of mistakes and really screw it up--you are ashamed.

Likewise if you do a fantastically right job--you are the opposite of ashamed you are proud.

Why. if functioning contrary to the NATURAL plumbing (notice I did not say pleasurable lust), and not something to be ashamed of. does there need to be these grandiose superfulous reaction formation parades to show pride?

Or using the plumbing for other than its naturally intended purpose, something you have to have a phoney parade about to patch your mistakes with the bandaid of pride?

[edit on 3-1-2010 by fmcanarney]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
. . .
Or using the plumbing for other than its naturally intended purpose, . . .

I hate to have to break it to you kid, but the world is made up of two types of people,
wankers and those who pretend they don't.

And while this is the only way most guys are going to even get near getting it off with the "perfect 10",
it does nothing to fulfil said plumbing's putative "natural, intended, purpose".

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by adifferentbreed

There is nothing deviant in those parades. Please tell me what you've seen in those parades that is deviant. Or anything to do with gay folks that is deviant. Please, just tell me that.

And no, homophobia doesn't come from people not agreeing, but from people thinking gay folks are deviant.

I was comparing black peoples' rights, not blues music, with gay rights. Don't confuse the issue.

Things like this (WARNING< Graphic depictions of sexual behavior) and other behavior (and I think you know exactly what I'm talking about, but you won't admit it...)are what most people have a problem with.

Like adifferentbreed, I don't want to see any kind of graphic sexual behavior in the streets, whether homosexual or heterosexual.

Also, a lot of the time during gay parades, festivals and street fairs like the Up Your Alley Fair I linked above, gays are allowed to behave in ways that heterosexual couples would be arrested for. I would call that special treatment, not equal treatment!

I do believe there is an agenda out there towards not just making people accept the homosexual lifestyle, but to actively indoctrinate young people into it.

California, (home of the above linked Up Your Alley Fair, and the Folsom Street Fair) has been trying to introduce kindergartners to knowledge of homosexuality for a number of years, to promote *tolerance* etc. England is also mandating kindergartner exposure to alternative lifestyles as a way of promoting *tolerance* of differences.

Teaching tolerance of differences is one thing, but mandating explaining anything about any kind of sexual behavior to young children who probably don't even know how to tie their shoes yet, is outrageous. Doing so in a school setting against the wishes of their parents is outrageous.

This kind of thing is what non homosexuals dislike.

As a christian, I believe the *practice* of homosexuality is wrong. I don't want anyone explaining homosexuality to my young child, that is my right and responsibility as a parent. However, I would never approve of anyone harming a person just because they were gay.

As a christian, I also believe sex out side of marriage or extra marital sex is wrong as well, I don't just pick out the homosexual behavior.

Even though I believe the homosexual lifestyle is destructive due to what I have personally seen, and according to research I have done on the subject, I have no personal hatred for any gay person. I have known many gay people that I really liked.

But act like a decent, normal person acts when it comes to your personal sex life. Gay men walking the streets in thongs, and grabbing each others crotches and that type of over the top behavior is a lot of what causes intolerance towards gay people.

Live your life the way you feel you must, love who you want. Just don't rub everyone's face in it, homosexual, or heterosexual.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by sezsue]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

How is two people of the same sex getting it on against nature? I suppose some sheep, pigs and dogs then also go against nature. We are way past the sex is only for procreation stage. Nowadays people have sex for fun. Have you never seen two male lions copulating? Well then you ain't been to Africa. But how can that be? Nobody can tell me that animals are somehow outside nature.

My dog licks its own butthole clean after it takes a dump. So does that cat. Should humans start doing that to?

After all, if a dog and a cat does it then surely it must be natural and, therefore, ok for humans to do it according to your ill logic!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by serenesupreme
Study shows that the most homophobic are usually those secretly harboring homosexual desires:

That study is fundamentally flawed. There are bound to be significant confounding variables in that study. It's not a reliable study and should not be used to prove anything.

Firstly, they say they divide the males into two groups Homophobics and non-homophobics. What measures did they use to determine if somebody is homophobic or not? What type of questions did they have to determine how to categorise the subjects into these groups? Did they put out the question "Should Gay Marriage be legalised?" and use this as a basis for categorising? They do not state this for some reason, I wonder why.

The apparatus they used reminds me of a lie detector. It measures levels of "sexual arousal" and assumes that the response is due to what the subject is viewing directly on screen. This is not accurate because people are very likely to associate what they are seeing with a memory they experienced. For example, if I see a male showering on screen and see him drop a YALE University jumper, I might associate that jumper with an attractive female cheerleader from the cheer-leading squad. This might lead me to think about her body and start showing signs of arousal.

The point is that the subjects responses of sexual arousal may be very misleading and not reflective of the object they are viewing directly.

Another factor is there is no baseline comparison for sexual arousal. They did not present material showing the men's reaction to female nudity and compare if there were similarities between these and the ones involving male nudity. How can they be sure of what constitutes sexual arousal when there is no baseline to compare against?

Another factor is what level of testosterone level the subjects had prior to viewing the screening. Did all the subjects feel relatively the same level of hormonal build up before they began watching?

I'm sure I have overlooked some other problems with it, but that's all for now. I agree that studies like these are convenient and reassuring for people who agree with the conclusions, but that does not make them accurate nor true.

[edit on 4/1/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sezsue

Things like this (WARNING< Graphic depictions of sexual behavior) and other behavior (and I think you know exactly what I'm talking about, but you won't admit it...)are what most people have a problem with.

Like adifferentbreed, I don't want to see any kind of graphic sexual behavior in the streets, whether homosexual or heterosexual.

Even I have have a problem with that. It is a well known fact that whenever someone/some group tries to do something positive, the bad apples will flock in trying to capitalize on the situation. Please keep in mind that not every gay person participates in such activities.

I do believe there is an agenda out there towards not just making people accept the homosexual lifestyle, but to actively indoctrinate young people into it.

:rolls eyes:. That's about as much of a response as that deserves.

Teaching tolerance of differences is one thing, but mandating explaining anything about any kind of sexual behavior to young children who probably don't even know how to tie their shoes yet, is outrageous. Doing so in a school setting against the wishes of their parents is outrageous.

If this isn't an exaggeration then I can't fathom what is. The only thing that is being taught in those classes is that when they grow up they will encounter same sex couples and there's is nothing wrong with that. Situations like the Fistgate fiasco are isolated incidences and are by no way condoned by any sensible human being, gay or straight.

As a christian, I believe the *practice* of homosexuality is wrong. I don't want anyone explaining homosexuality to my young child, that is my right and responsibility as a parent. However, I would never approve of anyone harming a person just because they were gay.

:Sigh: You don't practice being a homosexual. That would be like me saying I'm practicing being African American. You are homosexual or you aren't and no amount sexual education will influence whether or not a child is homosexual or heterosexual.

Also, you have the right as a parent to teach your child whatever you wish. If you feel the public school system is not teaching your children what you feel is fundamental to their growth to productive human beings or will somehow morally corrupt your children, then homeschooling is always a viable option.

Even though I believe the homosexual lifestyle is destructive due to what I have personally seen, and according to research I have done on the subject, I have no personal hatred for any gay person. I have known many gay people that I really liked.

I'm constantly hearing that the homosexual lifestyle is destructive. Please post the findings of your research so we can view the evidence.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by serenesupreme]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join