It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with all the Homophobia?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
I don't see it as such. When you have large groups of people doing the whole we're here we're queer parades, trying to interject gay society as being the same as heterosexual society it's never gonna add up. The parades in San Fransicko, are disgusting. Couls a straight group do what they do,,,,,a resounding no. Deviant activity promoted by events such as these seem to broaden the gap. Is it wrong to be gay, not up to me to decide, but is it wrong to push your agenda on the rest of the populace, I'd say yes? Teaching children that it's o.k. to act in such irrational manners at these events is never a good thing, maybe if the homosexula aganda didn't involve these things, they'd me more readily accepted. It's no different that the way other groups are treated, when you have the most outlandish wierd people representing your cause, that's how people tend to view you. Playing the victim constantly also seems to diminish your cause as well, just like other groups. Finallly, trying to indoctrinate children in school and tghrough other organizations is just wro9ng. when I went to school we didn't have any of this nonsense....no need for it. just my two cents.

Replace every instance of "gay" in your post with "African American" and you will (hopefully) began to understand why gay people fight so hard for their rights. Do you think gays would feel the need to parade (march) in the streets if they were afforded the same rights/privileges as everyone else. And speaking of "playing the victim", it's not "playing" if you are constantly being victimized. The "fag" is the new "'n-word'" and if you can't see the parallels, then might I suggest a trip to LensCrafters.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by serenesupreme]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by serenesupreme

Awesome post.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Sorry, I can't agree. Having a bunch of people acting in such an outrageous manner in public is in no way comparable to blacks. Victims? seems the homosexula agenda thrives on being the victim. "X" does something and since they are now the victim we bend over backwards to appease them. Next "x" does something else, again we capitulate so as not to be labeled something. A never ending cycle. Comparing gay rights parades to black pride parades is apples to oranges. Anymore no one wants equal rights, they want special rights

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight

Awesome post.

Thank you. I truly appreciate it

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

They bring it on themselves? Just like black folks did in the 50s? Bringing the prejudice against them into public view?

Straight people parade their sexuality in front of everyone. Far more than gay folks do, simply due to the numbers involved.

Saying gay people bring it on themselves, just by acting how every other persecuted section of society, is strange to say the least.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Sorry, I can't agree. Having a bunch of people acting in such an outrageous manner in public is in no way comparable to blacks. Victims? seems the homosexula agenda thrives on being the victim. "X" does something and since they are now the victim we bend over backwards to appease them. Next "x" does something else, again we capitulate so as not to be labeled something. A never ending cycle. Comparing gay rights parades to black pride parades is apples to oranges. Anymore no one wants equal rights, they want special rights

I for the life of me can't seem to understand where this term "homosexual agenda" came from, like their is a secret underground society bent on turning the world gay. What? Maybe I missed the meeting. Also if these "X's" are targeting these "G's", then why try to cast blame on the "G's" for being "H's" when you should blame the "X's" for being "B's".

Question: How do you call attention to your plight when you have been otherwise ignored by most of the country? You get loud! Those "outrageous" displays you refer to are a variation of getting loud (protesting). They are so in your face that you can't help but notice them. And they won't be silenced.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

How do you call attention to your plight when you have been otherwise ignored by most of the country? You get loud! Those "outrageous" displays you refer to are a variation of getting loud (protesting). They are so in your face that you can't help but notice them. And they won't be silenced.

Kind of like those TV commercials... where the sound gets real loud as an incentive to buy the product?

Perhaps this is a good marketing scheme to some but, I personally make a point of avoiding those things that are advertised in an offensive manner.

You really can't shove this down everyone's throat and expect absolution for the intrusion and then, acceptance to boot. People just don't work that way.

Like everything that society has adapted to over the centuries, it will take time and education to produce acceptance.

You will, in the end, catch more flys with honey than vinegar.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Sorry, we're never gonna agree. I still don't see how you can compare the civil rights marches to what is put on display today. As far as the gay agenda......yup, the school system seems to me to currently be the largest target. In the name of political correctness we have to put up with teaching about homosexuality being the same, gay history, and how it's not o.k. to think of it as anything other than the norm.......again, not equal rights, special rights. If an organization doesn't openly accept homosexuals, even if it goes against the stance of the organization.....lawsuits filed by the Aclu.....not equal rights, special rights. Again, we're never gonna agree.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Deviant? According to who? You?

Of course straight people can have such a parade. The thing is, they don't need it, as straight people aren't discriminated against in the same way gay folks are. Pride parades originally started out as protest parades, trying to get people to notice them, as only groups with visibility can try to get changes made.

"Homosexual agenda"? Give me a break. It's the HUMAN agenda to treat everyone the same. It's the same agenda that stopped slavery and ended organised racist discrimination. And now the same ideals that caused great outrage towards racism are causing great outrage towards homosexual discrimination, and you suddenly think they're a bad thing.

The only thing gay groups are trying to indoctrinate children with is tolerance. And that's never a bad thing.

You disgust me.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It is the same. How you can somehow think it different speaks of your lack of education on sexual development, or some religious indoctrination.

It's not special rights - it's morally repugnant for you to even suggest they're different when clearly they're the same: A group of people, created the way they from before birth, are being discriminated against. Gay folks, black folks, Jewish folks in Nazi Germany, the mentally ill, white folks in some parts of Africa - they're all people who were discriminated against for something they didn't do. But you seem to find it fine to judge large swathes of humanity by your own personal values, as if everyone is the same and could have made the exact same choices.

Disgusting.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Sorry, we're never gonna agree. I still don't see how you can compare the civil rights marches to what is put on display today. As far as the gay agenda......yup, the school system seems to me to currently be the largest target. In the name of political correctness we have to put up with teaching about homosexuality being the same, gay history, and how it's not o.k. to think of it as anything other than the norm.......again, not equal rights, special rights.

And to this I say of course you can't. As a gay African American, though, I can tell you they hold many similarities. One of the differences though is that If I walk down the street, for the most part, I won't hear someone call me a 'n-word' but I can hear the word "fag" thrown around carelessly, callously, and contemptibly with ease. And speaking of gay history, in my 17 years of life I have NEVER been taught a scrap of "gay history" in school so where this comes from, I haven't a clue.

If an organization doesn't openly accept homosexuals, even if it goes against the stance of the organization.....lawsuits filed by the Aclu.....not equal rights, special rights. Again, we're never gonna agree.

Would the NAACP not be all over that if instead of a gay person they were African American? No, there are no special rights being called for. Only the right to be treated as a human being.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

Tolerance is one thing, actively promoting something is another. Nope, no religious indoctrination here. I don't have a problem with homosexuals being treated as equal, all people should be. I have a problem with groups wanting special rights, not equal, special. And if heterosexual people had parades with the same deviant behavior, I'd be just against it. It's not necessary, and accomplishes nothing.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is what I sometimes cannot understand about Americans and some other Westerners.
The conservatives want to keep the GOVERNMENT out of their lives and bedrooms. And yet they want to get tougher on more and more "victimless crimes"! Hello, if everyone chose prison instead of fines and community service your system would collapse! Sure you can "privatise" the whole "punishment system", but then your taxes go to profitable "blackwater companies".
Yes you GLOBAL NEO-CONS are all the same. You want YOUR rights, but can't handle human diversity.
Any peace loving, non-violent minority amongst you immediately has to get judged and threatened with violence. You'd rather see Rambo with bloody guts-and-guns than a man with a ridiculous pineapple on his head!
Anyone who pays taxes should have a march, wheteher the gays or the "God Hates Fags" parade. You all seem so un-American to me - US homophobes!
Twice I have been threatened with violence for a pro-gay post. I don't even live in your backwaters - shame on you, homophobes!
However, soon your wildest, most hateful dreams will come true, and there will be a witch-hunt for gays in Uganda.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I agree. These Gay Pride marches are anathema. Look I don't 'hate gays'. But I don't much like the idea. I don't think this makes me either medieval or homophobic. This is how a lot of people think but they are too frightened to say it because of the pc thought police.
That's how I think, it's my belief, my business, get over it.
But I would never treat anyone differently on account of their sexuality. Yes that's right, I can accept without liking. We don't live in a black and white world.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1

I agree. These Gay Pride marches are anathema. Look I don't 'hate gays'. But I don't much like the idea. I don't think this makes me either medieval or homophobic. This is how a lot of people think but they are too frightened to say it because of the pc thought police.
I won't have people tell me how I should be thinking, just as I would never treat anyone differently on account of their sexuality. Yes that's right, I can accept without liking. We don't live in a black and white world.

And you shouldn't feel scared to say whats on your mind. But you also need to question yourself about what they do that makes you uncomfortable. All I see is a group of people trying to advance a struggle. What do you see and what makes it unattractive to you? I'm not trying to attack you. I'm genuinely interested.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

Exactly, I simply voiced my opinion, I didn;t attack anyone, promote violence or anything else, and now I'm disgusting. Kinda sad actually, but anytime anything that is said in a not positive light unfortunately these are the responses you get. Again political correctness at it's finest.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

reply to post by unicorn1

Exactly, I simply voiced my opinion, I didn;t attack anyone, promote violence or anything else, and now I'm disgusting. Kinda sad actually, but anytime anything that is said in a not positive light unfortunately these are the responses you get. Again political correctness at it's finest.

Now who's playing the victim? It's deplorable that you got attacked but the small verbal abuse you suffered is but a shadow of the harm that the GLBT has endured trying to gain what should be given without these demonstrations. Now maybe you could put your feet in ours shoes, if even on a microscopic level, and feel what it means to be attacked unprovoked. Empathy at its finest.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by serenesupreme]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I am a homophobe. I really get scared when a certain group of people demand to be exaulted, and given special rights based on their deviant sexual preferences.

Equal rights for all, special rights for none.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I'm not playing the victim......funny you should try and twist it that way. I was pointing out the ability of political correctness to be brought into play. If I think gay rights parades aren't appropriate, I hate gays, if I disagree with Obama I'm a racist, pure and simple victim mentality based on the ability of people to not be able accept differences. I don't have to like what you think, do, or believe, as you have the same right. Should it be accepted as fact that since we disagree on this you in fact hate all straight people? Kinda silly huh? Yet for some groups, the moment you disagee.........poof you're a "insert label here". This type of thinking has pretty much made alot of those labels useless. P.s, I live on an island and generally don't wear shoes, if ya have some comfy flip flops.......yup, I still get discriminated against, large, heavily tattooed Pagans don't get highly thought of around here.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join