It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Curbs Secrecy of Classified Documents - 29.12.2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...
www.whitehouse.gov...

President Obama declared on Tuesday that “no information may remain classified indefinitely” as part of a sweeping overhaul of the executive branch’s system for protecting classified national security information.

In an executive order and an accompanying presidential memorandum to agency heads, Mr. Obama signaled that the government should try harder to make information public if possible, including by requiring agencies to regularly review what kinds of information they classify and to eliminate any obsolete secrecy requirements.

“Agency heads shall complete on a periodic basis a comprehensive review of the agency’s classification guidance, particularly classification guides, to ensure the guidance reflects current circumstances and to identify classified information that no longer requires protection and can be declassified,” Mr. Obama wrote in the order, released while he was vacationing in Hawaii.

He also established a new National Declassification Center at the National Archives to speed the process of declassifying historical documents by centralizing their review, rather than sending them in sequence to different agencies.

This could be an important step against official UFO/Alien Disclosure.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is great news, although I don't think the President got any power over those officials that know the truth and is in possession of classified documents.

The President might just be a chess-piece in a much bigger game.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by aalien

President Obama declared on Tuesday that “no information may remain classified indefinitely”
It can be destroyed though...

This could be an important step against official UFO/Alien Disclosure.
Hardly...the organizations that hold the real secrets are free from Government oversight..."free from all checks and balances...and free from the law its self"...I wouldn't count on anything juicy coming out of this...and Obama states they basically just need to go over the classification guidelines...they are not about to suddenly declassify UFO and Alien related topics...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Ohh well I fully expect the full black op budget of the CIA and NSA published and UFO disclosure by the end of the week, thanks Obama

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I've often wondered who exactly is responsible for reviewing documents and then blackening them out. Is it some clerk wth a high security clearance, or a Military, NSA or CIA individual, depending on where the paper originated from? I wonder how many of them there are (reviewers), and if they have ever leaked info. If there was sensitive UFO information, how high of a clearance would these people need to have?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
I wouldn't count on anything juicy coming out of this..

No, neither would I.

A positive step the president could make though would be to change the law which makes NORAD and the Pentagon completely exempt from the Freedom Of Information Act.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is great news indeed.

President Obama, for once in a long line of historical presidents, had his campaign entirely funded by the masses. This proves how popular he is, and required no begging from Corporations whom had often throughout history 'selected' public officials who obey their commands.

The President would have to move carefully on the disclosure issue, because the Corporations are a power unto themselves and free from check and balances. They have the funds and power to corrupt anyone.

And anyone whom does not obey or need to obey them becomes personae non grata. The noble and great President JFK was shot. The 'talked too much' President Reagan had an attempted assasination attempt and after office, was rendered mysteriously senile. President Clinton was slimed.

It is now President Obama's turn to face the wrath from the elite and powerful Corporations whom will stop at nothing, manipulating the ready revolutionary mad groups and various other dissenting factions with implied presidential incompetence, to do their dirty work, to prevent Disclosure - at any cost. It will only reveal their own econmic and military incompetence if not evil the Corporations had led mankind to today's mess.
It's already begun and happening to President Obama......

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
One can only hope that this will be a step towards disclosure.

This isn't from David Wilcock

It is from the US President himself.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by aalien]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The Alien document have never been classified as government
documents because we own them.
And they are not Alien documents.
Thats the horrible situation as public documents have been
taken to obscure alternate energy and most other Alien
technology.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
As much as I would love to see these "documents" come to light, I have to agree with others that TPTB would never allow this info to go public. They would destroy evidence first.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
So does this new "policy" also cover HIS personal background documents that are sealed?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Interesting to see what does actualy come out of this. I think it would be grand if later he goes on to make an executive order that says that nothing can ever be secret again and that for true democratic leadership to occur, the masses must know everything thier government knows , in order to ensure the government doesnt do things the people didnt ask it to expressly .
This would also be in keeping with the fact that you all payed to have the information collected on your behalf , so why the hell shouldnt you be allowed to view it !

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Try this link, story was posted by me!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't believe that belongs under ufo and aliens section.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Mr_skepticc]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So maybe when Obama was talking about transparancy of government, he meant PAST government. I get it now.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
Ohh well I fully expect the full black op budget of the CIA and NSA published and UFO disclosure by the end of the week, thanks Obama

the problem is that you laugh, but the right would never even think about releasing this information. it takes a democratic president to even start the process. tell me, why would anyone want to vote for a republican president again?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Lets start by releasing the classified anti-gravity documents first! Then NASA would be 'forced' to abandon development of their pathetic rocket ships, and advance to producing real space exploration vehicles.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It has to start somewhere, those who are laughing and making light of this, should take into account that this is not just about UFO'S but about every wrong that has been committed against everyone, and not just citizens of the USA.

It really doesn't matter who has the documents, what does matter is there is a push to get the information out where it belongs.

Here in the UK the only reason for blacking out parts of documents are, to hide the names of people involved who are still alive, and to hide anything to do with ongoing National Security issues, which should be fine in any Country, the US Government however black out almost anything and without a reason for doing so, therefore hiding things from the People, which from what I understand is illegal? just like destroying Historical Documents, it's a crime against it's people.

Just think what could be hidden amongst those documents, that have no relevancy to National Security, but rather just a way to hide some information which would damage a persons career if it was known? for instance knowledge of the Kennedy assassination, the secrets behind Cheneys hunting accident, or just why did Ms lowinsky keep a dirty dress in a closet for years, was she told to by somebody? why?

And I am sure there are many many incidents hidden away filed with classified documents, not to protect the People, but to protect some who have dirty little secrets they would rather the people didn't know about to protect themselves, don't you think or believe the People have a right to know who work for them and what they have done to benefit themselves rather then the good of everyone?

So even though documents related to UFO's are included, it covers everything you ever thought was a little odd, and everything you thought you had a right to know.

top topics

join