It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars has graffiti or not ... Interesting Mars Image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
OK this is a 1st for me...
MARS HAS GRAFFITI!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/e3b65e29fcf36d4f.jpg[/atsimg]
Image Links: areo.info... and areo.info...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/c4f81be59c0c4f43.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/5b2a7defcce095cd.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/45a7cb4625d4c131.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 3-1-2010 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
No offence, but what the heck are you talking about?
The circle on the rock? Why would there be graffiti on mars? Graffiti artists pointed their spray cans to the ground and flew up there?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Hi WZN, I cant see it. How is it graffiti? what is it meant to be?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

So what is it? How'd it get there? I've seen stencil art like this - perhaps it's one of those? Could it be a sign of life existence on Mars? I've never seen an anomaly like this before from Mars images.
*Also reminds me of this image: farm3.static.flickr.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Do you mean the circle? The blue circle, I assumed that had been added as to highlight the area of interest. are you saying the circle is the graffiti?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Semantics - Stencil is a form of graffiti! What do you think it is?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
To me that looks like a cutting tool has been used, maybe sample taking from rover. And the "blue" is dust which has been thrown up and settled. The dot at the top was maybe some kind of marker/steadying thingy, on the edge of the cutting disc?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The round circular mark is from a drill bit on one of the rovers for collecting samples!
Interestingly,the story goes ,that the drilling of this rock destroyed some anomalous objects which were present!
I am sure someone else can verify this for me!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I thought that too - does this robot have this function?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
To me that looks like a cutting tool has been used, maybe sample taking from rover. And the "blue" is dust which has been thrown up and settled. The dot at the top was maybe some kind of marker/steadying thingy, on the edge of the cutting disc?

Does Mars have "blue dust" ? Ive never seen blue rocks naturally like this, it does look like some thing has been sprayed on them. I thought Mars had red dust not blue???

Thats a possibility that the rover has cut this disc out for sample taking. Maybe it sprayed the area of interest prior to cutting?

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Mr Green]

link   

Whatever it is it appears burned and scorched around the side. I'm not sure but I'd say either the rover has cut out a piece of the rock for samples or we have a very rare natural formation. Not sure if the rover has some sort of laser to cut out rock samples though I know the planned rover Curiosity is supposed to have cutting lasers.

It definitely seems an out of place thing to find on mars.

link   
It's a drill hole left from the rover, just like this one.

I believe it grinds away stone in a circular pattern, I know i have seen other pics with the same pattern.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
"To me that looks like a cutting tool has been used, maybe sample taking from rover"

Yesssssss you Win! what is wrong with this 2010 Threads?! PLEASE!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hithe Merinos

Ah that settles it - sorry thought I just made a major discovery! Thanks for bursting my bubble... anyway it's an interesting site, hope it helps someone out.

I guess the Mars taggers are still yet to be found...

*edited the title ...
Also came up with a dual version ... areo.info...
and this one is cool too: areo.info...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

No worries mate

Yes, it is a great site i spent hours and hours browsing through the images.

If anyone else is interested in the mars pic so Here

Cheers

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Does Mars have "blue dust" ? Ive never seen blue rocks naturally like this, it does look like some thing has been sprayed on them. I thought Mars had red dust not blue???

Thats a possibility that the rover has cut this disc out for sample taking. Maybe it sprayed the area of interest prior to cutting?

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Mr Green]
New blades sometimes have blue paint on them, well, earthbound ones do anyway. I know from using them on sites when I was a sparky, that when you use a new cutting blade, you get a load of blue/yellow (depending on paint) dust at first. And in that picture, it doesn't look like they've gone in very far, just grazed the surface.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This post reminds me Planet 51

"Hey boy why are you taking pictures of rocks when the planet is teeming with life!"

more truth to that line than we will ever know

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The link to these pics got me looking, and on the 061 Spirit page
Here,
The picture titled
2P131783445EFF1159P2211L5M1 L2L5L5L6L6 [285k]

If you zoom in on the far left, just below center and below the hill in the rocks, there is a green glowing anomaly.

I found many others on different pics, but this one is hard to debunk.
Check it out.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Some great pics on that site...however one must remember, NASA is not going to put ANY of the good stuff online.

The secrecy continues and until everyone gets tired of it, votes everyone out of office and puts some people in charge that are real people not bought and paid for by the elite... it will never change.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
Does Mars have "blue dust" ? Ive never seen blue rocks naturally like this, it does look like some thing has been sprayed on them. I thought Mars had red dust not blue??

It's a false-color image.

Blue is often assigned to certain wavelengths of light for false-color images of Mars because it contrasts well with the browns and yellows.

All color images from Mars are technically "False Color" becuase every digital camera (even your personal digital camera) is color blind. ALL digital cameras artificially assign colors to different wavelengths of "grey scale" light as seen through various filters. Your typical home digital cameras have a computer chip that assigns colors that are "approximate true color" to the grey-tones.

NASA does this too with the "approximate true color" pictures from their spacecraft, but they can also assign any color they want to different wavelengths to make different materials stand out from others -- such as blue.

new topics

top topics

join