It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riddle me this, Christians..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Hey! Truly, Born Again Christians are not delusional, as many believe.
By truly, I mean Spirit filled Christians, and surely, their brain is not damaged in any way. To be Born Again, By His Grace, is an otherwordly experience, and whats more it is available to all.
For The lord said even, those that will come to believe on Me, will be Saved

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

God couldn't of made a mistake, it's like santa making a mistake....savvy?

08 You're only half right this time. God didn't make a mistake but Santa

surely is capable of errors. Ever notice the spelling, Satan = Santa.

An enigma? A coincidence? Hardly.

OP
When ever you think you have a really good question for Christians,
about God. Remember first that you're talking about the one who made
the universe. The only one who posesses full knowledge of the universe.
I'm sure he can handle the measly few who have not heard, in full
righteousness. So don't worry about it.

I like the way you ask you're question as if you're the smartest person to come along and think of it. Next time you catch yourself thinking that.
You should think again. This question dosn't rise above redundent.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I asked that same question in 2nd grade catechism class. The answer I got is one of the many reasons why I ultimately rejected christianity as a false, evil and illogical belief system.

I was told that such people, including unbaptized newborns who die, would at a minimum suffer in Purgatory for the "sin" of not knowing Christ. That led me to question whether an omniscient, omnibenevolent god with a plan for everything and everyone was such a nice guy. I couldn't reconcile the all-forgiving god with the juvenile asshole who condemned trillions of humans based on a "gotcha" original sin. After all, it was "his" tree, "his" apple, "his" emmissary, and "his" creation who were involved in the setup test. If he was truly omniscient, then he absolutely knew the outcome before it happened. In fact, one could make the reasonable argument that the outcome was the desired one, to give an excuse for punishment. Pretty sick god, if you ask me. If you argue that god didn't know the outcome prior to the event, then that kills the omniscient thing, when that is gone, then fallibility enters, and that kills the god thing. If you say he knew the outcome beforehand and did it anyway, then that kills the omnibenevolent thing. Either way you read it, you wind up with a viciously egotistical petty entity interested in self-promotion and torture.

One thing that always amuses/horrifies me is that so few understand that words change their meanings over time and locality. As someone mentioned earlier to understand the bible you need to know Aramaic and Greek. But that knowledge alone is insufficient, to truly understand, you also need to know the usages and euphemisms, both broad and local: how the language was used in that time and place. How many of you have ever failed to understand or appreciate a joke or pun because you lacked the local referents that it turns on? Same difference.

Try reading this and you'll get some inkling of the difficulties and how easily things get misinterpreted over time:

www.phreak.co.uk...

[edit on 9-2-2010 by apacheman]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I was told by an evangelist that Christianity is so widespread now that everyone must have heard of it. 6 pages of trying to debate god? You can never win debating God. God trumps all bets.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

I have come here to chew the bubble gum of God and kickazz for Christ.
I'm all out of bubble gum.

That means the time of the gentiles is over. Time to strap yourselves in
the ride gets bumpy from here.

But what none of them has ever been able to answer is, if their god is real and the only god there is, why did he not reveal himself to everyone on earth?

Angus there isn't a question you can ask that can't be answered. I suggest you dodge the answers as if you were in the dodgeball playoffs. God did reveal him
self to the whole world in the beginning, to Adam and Eve. They sinned
and he can not allow sin in his presence. This is basic stuff even you should know.
Who are you trying to fool, one of the little kids posting here?

Apacheman
You need to realise the difference between Catholicism and true Christianity.
There is a Massive difference. I would never worship an idol of a greven image of anything that is in heaven. The crucifix is an abomination.

A simple cross is not.
The catholic church can not even be considered a Christian church.

For there are many wolves in sheeps clothing and child molesters.
The pontiff has always covered himself in wool.

I find him repugnent.

One thing that always amuses/horrifies me is that so few understand that words change their meanings over time and locality. As someone mentioned earlier to understand the bible you need to know Aramaic and Greek. But that knowledge alone is insufficient, to truly understand, you also need to know the usages and euphemisms, both broad and local: how the language was used in that time and place. How many of you have ever failed to understand or appreciate a joke or pun because you lacked the local referents that it turns on? Same difference.

You see none of this even makes a difference. It does not make a shread of difference. You need to get your're brain crackin' man. Do you think
God is not capable of making sure we get his message the way he intended. Polease May the great spirit help you realise who you are talking about here. Shees man Cmon.
God created the language barriers at Babylon. I'm sure he can bridge the gaps. Catichism? Really?

God has provided the answer to any question of doubt one answer for all of them.
God is capable of all things...........................
People are funny, funny things. They think because something dosn't happen in there microcosm of a life span that it must not be so.
There iin lies the one thought that deserves an all time raspberry.
We are all very short, in fact we're all on a turn around. k.

Peace

[edit on 9-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Originally posted by Ghost in the Machine

What happens to those who have never heard of Christ?

There is no such person...

John explains it like this...
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men... that was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not." John 1:1-10

So the Word that John identifies as the Lord who became Jesus and the Christ (Messiah)...
...is the light that is the life of every man...
...and although this is not available to Gnosis (conscious knowledge) in the natural man...
...each person is known by and responds to or rejects the Spirit.

So through the Spirit, Christ is 'heard' by every man...
...even though a person may never have heard His name.

[edit on 3/1/10 by troubleshooter]

Exactly and the "word" is "the name" or "Hashem" being named generation to generation...the Surname. Jesus means "self existent salvation" trans literally, therefore the "word" that no man knows but himself is the word he is naming his offspring as it says, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God."

Psa 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Generation to Generation forever...the life is IN the blood.

Num 5:8 But if the man have no kinsman** to recompense the trespass unto, let the trespass be recompensed unto the LORD, even to the priest; beside the ram of the atonement, whereby an atonement shall be made for him.

**Kinsman
H1350
גּאל
gâ'al
gaw-al'
A primitive root, to redeem (according to the Oriental law of kinship), that is, to be the next of kin (and as such to buy back a relative’s property, marry his widow, etc.): - X in any wise, X at all, avenger, deliver, (do, perform the part of near, next) kinsfolk (-man), purchase, ransom, redeem (-er), revenger.

The tree of Life....The family tree...

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Reply to post by Republican08

Not possible that perhaps the Christian and others church came up with those little lines to help support the church despite the wishes of whatever? We do, do that you know.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join