It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you do the same as Luis?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix777

Yes I would sacrifice myself to preserve my family. This is the way of survival of the fittest. Otherwise watch my family starve why I sit around, not an option.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard

as I said, people talking about something they have absolutely NO idea what there talking about.

NO BENEFITS ARE RECEIVED...... they pay taxes and receive no benefit in the way of social aid, they only contribute, that's the main reason the government doesn't actively try to stop it.

OMFG you just don't get it. I lived and worked in the country for 25+ years, illegally, raised 3 children and was married twice, I paid taxed every single year federal, state and FICA. I am not entitled nor can I get one red scent back.

I and millions of others contributed to your now BANKRUPT government and I / we never took anything out.

Yet you still talk about all the social services we use, just totally floors me how completely ignorant people can truly be.

So you wouldnt count healthcare, schooling.. and even worker compensation as benefits?

Im fully aware that some illegal immigrants do pay taxes, and good on them for doing it. But the one's that dont pay tax and have no intention of paying taxes are hardly in a minority. Thats why I think where possible it should be judged on a case-by-case basis. If a person can show that they are making a fair contribution and not basically screwing the country over, then maybe a more lenient view needs to be taken on it.
Although, like I stated in an earlier post, I believe it should only be used as a short-term solution. Once the money issues are addressed then theres no reason not to reapply for a visa. Especially if the intent is to stay long-term in a country. Because if an illegal is paying taxes, and isnt recieving the same benefits as legal workers then surely on a long-term basis it needs to be addressed? Aside from that, if you set up home in a country permanantly then you have alot more to lose if you get arrested & deported.

The fact still remains though that there are millions of illegal immigrants who do not make a fair contribution, and still recieve benefits that other people are paying for. And if you are an illegal immigrant who is happy to pay taxes, then you're getting more screwed over than the actual citizens of a country. Because not only are these people maintaining the negative view of illegal immigrants, but you're also paying for these people & not being entitled to all the services that you're paying for.

On the whole whether an illegal immigrant is wanting to play by the rules, once they've broken the rule about working illegally in a country in the first place, or whether they're wanting to evade paying various taxes, it ends up having a detrimental effect on someone, be it the immigrants themselves or the people who work in the country legally and make a fair contribution.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

don't get those either.

I was deported, and as a benefit my wife had a heart attack, she is 100% disabled and now is 100% reliant on the government (you). I am unable to take care of her so the system worked, broke up a family of 25 years, move me to a country I don't know and gain another drain on society. she is born American as are my children.

Yep the system works....

[edit on 4-1-2010 by svpwizard]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

it is not possible to avoid paying taxes,every time you get to a register they get a cut.
every gallon of gas at the pump they get a cut.
got electricity they get a cut.
if using fraudulent documents they are making fica payments nobody will ever receive.

they may not file taxes but most would be EXEMPT ANYWAYS because their income is so far below the poverty level.

If you get rid of them our food costs will double at least.
do you want to pick lettuce for $3/hr?
americans would want a lot more,guess who would pay the increase...we will,the consumers.

it is the politicians fault.all the bailouts and immigration has such a tiny effect.they aren't coming here taking the ceo jobs.

you are just encouraging politicians to tighten up the big brother thing.so you going to get an rfid so they can tell you are a citizen?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Illegal immigration is a complex phenomenon. As such, no rational position can be taken on the issue that fits nicely into a 20 second sound bit or into an internet post.

Many illegal aliens, like Luis, may be contributing more to the American economy than they take away. Their presence is not necessarily problematic.

There are some illegal aliens, however, who do cause problems. Not every illegal alien is honest, hard working, and law abiding. Some come here to drop an anchor baby and exploit our welfare system, rather than work.

Furthermore, some sectors of the work force, like native born unskilled workers, suffer from the presence of illegal immigrants. Little is done to help these Americans largely because they are poor and more affluent people would much rather take the benefits of cheap illegal alien labor then help their fellow country men.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Mate I said I would help Luis, and then went on to talk about the fact that the "Western World" has a lot to answer for and that the "Western World" needs to step up and take responsibility for their actions.
Now from what I can remember the "Western World" does not just consist of American's. So please read what is written before you cry foul.
And for you information, I would happily support anyone want to take refuge here in Aus.
As for sacrifice, here in Canberra a number of years ago we had massive fires rip through a number of our suburbs. There were people with no where to live and no way of feeding themselves. I gave up part of my home so that some of those people had somewhere to eat and sleep, I helped to feed not only them but others that I couldnt help to home, and I was the only one in my family working at the time with 4 kids, and a hubby that was at College. So dont tell me about bloody sacrifice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join