It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's confirmed 2012 prediction - Deterioration of Earth's Magnetosphere during Sun's Polar shif

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
This way they can keep their new age pseudoscience selling books and raking in profits long after 2012 has come and gone with a whimper not a bang.

And that is the only reason for all the sites that are pushing this snake oil, exactly like "alien disclosure" that the date for strangely keeps slipping! They are purely in it for the money

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Pay no attention to world-class, genius Physicists... trust the guy on the internet with no facts.
LOL

... Funny, but anyway we can't forget that the most of "world-class genius physicists" are funded by governments with a mass-control agenda and involved in global conspiracies that benefit the military industry, financial mafias of the stock market and oil conglomerates. These 3 factors determine what MAY or MAY NOT be said for science.

Perhaps we can say that the genius physicists are under the control of genius political, so we, in the base of pyramid, are screwed.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I find it fascinating that scientist try to predict the future, but if anyone else does it through any other means they consider them idiots. lol. If these scientist are coming up with the same conclusions that the ancients have came up with without science, then that proves that another means of predicting the future is possible. It is time to allow all opinions their due recognition, and start working together to solve all of our problems. If we do not solve the problems of today, then the future problems will not matter.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

You're right about the location of our solar system in the Milky Way.
I should clarify my previous post a little bit.
In 2012, our solar system will be crossing the galactic plane ---- not the center.
You can Google "galactic plane" and read some interesting articles on the subject.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Lacenaire]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I wonder if a subsequent disturbance at the earth's core would be enough to cause the earth's axis to shift ??

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

You should stop using your computer, then, as it was developed by scientists! Oh noes!!!111 Governmenty scientists!!!!eleventyone PARANOIA!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73

Originally posted by Boypony

Ummmmmmmmm.....we didn't even have an electric grid in the 1800's....not to mention cars, satellites, and cell phones to worry about failing!
-Boypony

No surprise that someone who just made up a bunch of stuff about drugs, the mayans, and their calendar is ill informed on what existed in the 1800's.

edit: A number of deaths from the Great Blizzard of 1888 were attributed to collapsing overhead power lines in New York City.[8][9]

I never said there wasn't ELECTRICITY... I said there was no GRID. Big difference. Before Tesla harnessed Niagara Falls and sent AC power to NYC all they had was Edison's crappy DC that needed wires as big as your arm and generator substations every 1/2 mile.....and if we are not free to expand our consciousness with GOD GIVEN natural herbs (not DRUGS) ...then the Constitution isn't worth the hemp it was written on.
(quote from the late Terrence McKenna)

As for the Mayans.....for God's sake their astronomy and calendar was more accurate than ours up to a few decades back......don't you find this strange for a jungle tribe who used DRUGS in their shamanism? Did you ever stop to think that maybe that's where they got some of their advanced knowledge? Have you ever been in total and utter AWE from having a fantastic spiritual experience? Have you ever really known God? Somehow I doubt it. Geez don't knock what you have no knowledge of. All I can say is that alot of people are gonna be REALLY SURPRISED when they finally cross over. Because it will be absolutely nothing like what you think. Then and only then will you understand the true meaning of Reality and understand who you really are.

-Namaste!

-Boypony

-Boypony

[edit on 3-1-2010 by watcher73]

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Boypony]

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Boypony]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aaron_Justin
I think some people in this thread misunderstand what Michio Kaku is saying. 2012 has nothing to do with his prediction. He is not saying that it will happen this 2012. It could be any solar maximum year and he would be saying the same thing. At some point, it is going to be a problem, so we should be taking steps to prevention instead of waiting for something to happen before acting. He is just warning that during these times when the sun is at its most volatile, there is a very real risk.

Thats only we can do is seat on our asses, because the damn government is again covering this up. most people dont know about this stuff so what can we do?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I have a long standing tradition of not watching videos. Can you describe why posted these video links?

Is there any reason that someone would watch these videos?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I have a long standing tradition of not watching videos. Can you describe why posted these video links?

Is there any reason that someone would watch these videos?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Okay, tried to get the picture to appear on my post; clearly I don't know how. Whatever. Take a look at the supplied link, folks. It's an image of the sun's magnetosphere; see those loops? Those aren't from solar flares, they're the cause of the flares shape; the sun has multiple poles which are constantly shifting. This whole idea involving the sun 'flipping' is not scientifically based. If, and I do mean if, there were to be a significant shift in multiple poles, the ensuing magnetic pull between the poles themselves would contain the majority of CMEs.

The only danger we face would from heightened flares would be to our satellites and possibly a few power stations.
Now, from panicky masses of people...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

Okay, tried to get the picture to appear on my post; clearly I don't know how. Whatever. Take a look at the supplied link, folks. It's an image of the sun's magnetosphere; see those loops? Those aren't from solar flares, they're the cause of the flares shape; the sun has multiple poles which are constantly shifting. This whole idea involving the sun 'flipping' is not scientifically based. If, and I do mean if, there were to be a significant shift in multiple poles, the ensuing magnetic pull between the poles themselves would contain the majority of CMEs.

The lines in the image appear to reveal the complexity of the magnetic field at the surface of the Sun. You actually meant to say that the magnetic field lines shape the prominences. Flares are energy releases. Prominences are shaped by the magnetic loops.

The sun's magnetic field flipping is well established.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I really do need to update my info. Three years with no internet or cable, and look what happens, lol. Not to mention horribly outdated solar knowledge; I just checked the last docu of the sun I watched, and it was from '05.
Thanks for the knowledge.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Ok, my turn for the interpretation of the evidence. I only know what I have studied so my information can be flawed by incomplete knowledge.

Our magnetic field is weakening, this is a fact which is true. There is a possibility that we will have a larger solar cycle this time because evidence shows that every four cycles the cycle gets stronger. They call this the forty four year cycle but it is actually anywhere from 36 years to 55 years. This evidence has been acquired by following trends and has much bearing on things. There is knowledge that mining magnetite and jasper causes problems with the magnetic fields. This I learned from a Geological mining Engineer. I believe this. This is why they shut down the Humboldt mine which is rich in Iron ore. I also found evidence that Jasper had this effect on the magnetic field and all the Jasper deposits are protected here, including Jasper Knob and a river that has large Jasper deposits. This is old knowledge, a generation old and is contained in records.

We don't understand the influence these crystal deposits have on our magnetic fields well other than these two. I see that Molybdenum deposits are being mined extensively in a few places and Molybdenum has special conductive properties itself. They are using it to take the sulfur out of oil and use it to strengthen and preserve metals. Metals such as stainless steel and aircraft aluminum have Molybdenum in them and also the Moly in oils and greases utilize the lubricating properties of this metal. Next is the mining of gold, tearing apart mountains to refine the crystal ores. This is crazy. and no research has been done, in fact it is avoided, to study the correlation to the magnetic field. Certain types of iron ores do not have geomagnetic properties, these are the reddish brown types. Diamond pipes are constantly being destroyed and they have really strong magnetic properties. There was one in the Humboldt mine originally, possibly forming the Magnetite.

From my observations I am thinking that there is a possibility that we are destroying our magnetic field and all life on earth may be effected in the future. If this is true we are destroying the Garden of Eden by our desire for riches and an easy life. Our magnetic field may turn into little domes of magnetics like like mars presently has. I don't know how to fix this but maybe the earth does. If there are earthquakes and volcano eruptions the new magnetic metals will rise to the surface all over the world. This would destroy much of the existing life here but the earth will restart. Twenty thousand years from now some little kid will be saying "Daddy, how come this rock looks like an axe" or "why does this rock look so weird" as all the metals have returned back to crystals. Taking a little from the earth does not hurt. Taking a lot is not good. We are just taking too much.

Is there evidence that this may be occurring? Deffinitely yes, there is real knowledge of the effects of geological formations on our magnetic field and atmosphere. Am I right in my prediction? I sure hope the hell not. This is just part of it, global warming is another part but this seems to me to be the mother of it all.
edit on 3-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Mining magnetic minerals affects the local magnetic field, not the entire magnetosphere.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Yea........full on BBQ time at the homesteads......honestly this could be much a do about nothing in the respect that theres is not much we can do so we stand by and do nothing.

Yet, i will say that this theory does fit the model of why things are happening the way they are. This isnt just a solar problem, its a human problem. This in part would explain why some seem to be just fliping out and snapping for no apparent reason.

You have 2 kinds of people, those that can take it, and those that cant. The ones that cant are the ones that are flippin out and murdering their entire families or shooting up neighborhoods. The energy we get from the sun also dictates our mental status believe it or not and a collapse in the field would certainly cause havoc on our brains leading to more aggresion.

Im sure some of you have felt it lately.....that urge to just go alpha male on some for little to no reason at all. I have felt it also. This is part of the awakening mind you and everyone is feeling it. Its ramping up also if you havent noticed that light burning in the back of your head from time to time.

Thats what happens when our minds receive more high energy than it can process...the sun is directly responsible IMO.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BooKrackers

Well your info says "your mom" Shouldn't you have said alpha female?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Okay, back again with more recent information, or so the internet says...
It looks like the year to invest in lead-lined safes in which to store your digital valuables. Completely retracting my previous statements, it seems logical, at this point, to assume that we're in for some turmoil in in 2012.

And yes, that's all I have; everything else I have to say or post has already been done within this thread. Who likes reading the same thing twice? The only thing I still stand by is that unless the magnetospheric images were manufactured for some reason, we are soon to experience something new, whatever that may be. And by the law of odds, it probably won't favor humanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join