It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's confirmed 2012 prediction - Deterioration of Earth's Magnetosphere during Sun's Polar shif

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

NASA's confirmed 2012 prediction - Deterioration of Earth's Magnetosphere during Sun's Polar shift in 2012 :

Scientists have now accepted that the intersection of 2 problems - the deterioration of Earth's Magnetosphere during the Sun's Polar shift in 2012 (as recently discussed) will be the real concern as we approach 2012 :

Now here's the reason why:
Scientists have found two large leaks in Earth's magnetosphere, the region around our planet that shields us from severe solar storms. Now in 2012 the suns poles will reverse (not the earths as wrongly said on many 2012 sites - see below!) , during this time a massive solar storm will reck havoc on earth - usually this is no problem - but now due to the 'cracks' in it, Earth's protective Magnetosphere may fail us, so the violent solar and electromagnetic radiation will make it through and cause many problems to life as we know it (eg: disabling communication satellites, mobile phones, effective sleep patterns, & radiation poisoning of humans) Also as earth has to absorb extra radiation & energy this will cause possible changes within the earth's core - with energy being re-dissipated from the earth with new volcanoes formed and crust movement.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63b62f5549da.jpg[/atsimg]

Full Story

Interesting article I found and wanted to share . As you can see there is no shortage of 2012 predictions .

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I doubt the 2012 solar storms will have any sort of significant effect...there are much worse things to worry about between 2012 and 2020...trust me...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Sounds interesting, but the Magnetic Pole shifts on the Sun happen at the Solar Maximum Every 11yrs, but due to the Suns, "quiet Spell", who knows exactly when the Shift might happen.

NASA have recalculated and given this date -

"Go ahead and mark your calendar for May 2013," says Pesnell. "But use a pencil."

science.nasa.gov...

+51 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
I doubt the 2012 solar storms will have any sort of significant effect...there are much worse things to worry about between 2012 and 2020...trust me...

Pay no attention to world-class, genius Physicists... trust the guy on the internet with no facts.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The article is old (April 2009) so as grantbeed says, the solar cycle has been recalculated and if the sun continues on it's current minimum, the date may change again.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
WHAT ... ON EARTH ... IS GOING ON? Jasmuheen

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

another right angled hockey stick chart that looks unrealistic,by the looks of that chart they predict a giant solar burst in 2010,looks like something al gore would produce in his seminas

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

This is something many of us have posted about for ages, but....this year we need to pay attention because NWO has plans to stage a very bad war with China which will involve them walking in here and implementing fema and crapola, from what a few had said and suggested. They are 900 million strong in their army and yet under no circumstances am I willing to join with a country that has children working in factories, (as in a thread that linked a drawing down in one of the walmart or dollar store type toys that broke) denied even pee breaks, girls put in dying rooms in orphanages, (something you just have to research online its for real), and executes people in these super efficient little exuction style vans that save them ever so much money for tax evasion. Welll guess what, taxes and money or banks is usary, fraud and treason, not to mention SLAVERY, and until we live in a moneyless, free, equal, advanced, cosmically educated, venus system, I am not participating with anyone or their systems, because they ain happening, we the people will evolve free from them.

But this is what I really think will be happening soon.

Also, the geomagntic pole reversal.

We need to visualize and meditate an edensistic world where everyone wakes up, where they feel for each other and nature, love each ohter, and love their children and everyones children enough to walk out of the system and start envisioning earth's core healed, nature healed, the planet shielded and protected from all disasters and healing, and if some can do it in shifts on the chakra points of earth, the power points in the grid, so much the better, because I think it would help, ie. stonehedge, Devil's Point, the Bosnia Pyramid, the Great Pyramid, the Four Corners, and all that we can find.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If any country come throughthis as a world power, i hope its China. I hear so much crap said about people who have never even been there, and just beleve what crap they see on the internet.

I am english but lived in China for two years. I love china, the people, and there culture. I know they are not perfect, but look how much china has changed in the last 20, and they are opening up to the western world as each year passes.

I believe China will be the most powerful country in the world in the next ten years.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

The actual science from the source is nothing new, it's just a wacky interpretation of it because somebody mentioned the year 2012. Well news for you conspiracists - you didn't invent the year 2012, and just because there's a maximum in an 11 or so year cycle of solar storms does not mean the earth will end.

The earth's magnetosphere has been there for a long long long time, that's why we have evolved here with the rest of the life on planet earth.

Solar storms will cause the occastional national grid electricty line to set on fire, will damage satellites etc, but that's to be expected. We will adapt to it.

The source is just another ufo site that promotes sensationalism to attain readers.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

. I know they are not perfect, but look how much china has changed in the last 20, and they are opening up to the western world as each year passes.

Still executing protestors in their own country who didn't like being oppressed, ignoring the mental health issues in drug smugglers, and supplying weapons and tanks to islamic fascist regimes. Yeaaahhh China is realllllly changing... from communism to fascism.

I believe China will be the most powerful country in the world in the next ten years.

Most likely.... *looking to leave this rock before then*

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

i used to be a fan of thsi 2012 stuff but then i looked back to the 50 60 70 80 90 2000's

we pretty much get this like big OMG WE are gonna die every so many years.

ie

russia with the bomb
vietnam
cuban missile
gulf war
y2k
swine flu ( lol called that # was fake )
and now 2012

face it people buy more # to protect them selfs if they are afraid something is gonna happen to them.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

Pay no attention to world-class, genius Physicists... trust the guy on the internet with no facts.

so, those genius physicists were inside of the Sun and they know exactly how it works...?

funny, I am still wondering why do people take scientific THEORIES as facts?...

[edit on 3-1-2010 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro

so, those genius physicists were inside of the Sun and they know exactly how it works...?

funny, I am still wondering why do people take scientific THEORIES as facts?...

Every "fact" in science is based on a theory.

Gravity is a fact, yet it is described in a humble theory. So is relativity, photonics, evolution, aerodynamics (including "lift" which is what keeps airplanes in the sky -- still "just a theory"), etc.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Dittos on that....and I just love that phrase "Trust Me"...lol

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

this is what i meant by using unreliable sources chadwickus, Realufos.com is not a reliable quotable source. how can you take this argument seriously? i have the deepest respect for michio kaku but he is a theorist, he can't predict the future. RELAX

[edit on 3-1-2010 by lookingup4it]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg

Every "fact" in science is based on a theory.

Gravity is a fact, yet it is described in a humble theory. So is relativity, photonics, evolution, aerodynamics (including "lift" which is what keeps airplanes in the sky -- still "just a theory"), etc.

just like the Flat Earth was based on the THEORY, and people who opposed it died...

ah, the gravity argument, scientists make theories about the gravity, but in the same time they don't have a clue where the gravity is coming from or how is it created...

it's like saying: the water is warm, we know everything about water now...

[edit on 3-1-2010 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This makes much more sense to me really.

Instead of the Earth doing a flip it will be the Sun.

I read somewhere or saw on a show somewhere that the Sun flares are to start getting big on or around Oct. 28th 2011

The concern if I remember correctly is communications going down and panic of the peoples because of this, makes sense really. If people can't communicate with family and friends via anything I do believe panic will come.

What would happen if the grids go down whether it be natural or manmade. No lights no heat or air depending your location.

What if earth changes start to come into place at that time and all the peoples don't know because everything is down and volcanoes (notice the plural) go off and large to huge earthquakes ever recorded occur and cause Tsunami's so high land masses are changed.

I don't think we as a people can ignore this and we need to prepare just in case.....better to be prepared then not to be.

Not to change the subject but I do think we need to at least be aware I, myself am an experiencer dealing with other Beings and I know something is going to happen that is very bad "time" from now till March 17, 2046

It will involve volcanoes blowing at the same time, earthquakes (HUGE) same times. Volcanoes causing huge Tsunami's West huge earthquakes off Brazil to Ridge (Mid Atlantic Ridge) and the entire hump of Africa to the Ridge creating huge Tsumani's all the way up the Eastern Seaboard.

Having been shown this myself I know I will observe everything from Oct. 2011 through 2012 and beyond if need be.

These Beings are going to do all they can to help and many smaller things that are occuring now I believe need to happen to lessen the blow of future events.

This could very well be the reason the governments are stocking up on the seeds etc. for without the Trees and Plants to clean the air and feed us and cure us then total extinction would/could surely occur.

As with everything time will tell and whatever is to be will be.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

If the magnetic field on the sun flips, wouldn't it be like a normal magnet that you can hold in your hand, all other nearbye magnetic bodies will also be forced to flip or be affected in a large way?

Isn't that the case? Along with our magnetosphere failing we would also have a forced magnetic pole shift, right?

I have thought for years that the event in 2012 would be a solar storm aimed at earth at a magnitude never even thought of before. Our magnetosphere would definitly fail and we would have a scorched radiated planet and life wouldn't return in numbers for thousands of years. And that life would be far different than anything we currently know due to the "forced" mutation/evolution through massive radiation exposure.

We have never really seen a massive solar eruption in our short span of current human intellegence - what is it somewhere between 10,000 and a million years. That is just a small tick of the clock in Universal time. We have no idea what the earth or the sun can really do in major million/billion year events. We have guessed at past events, but never really know for sure.

Cheers

[edit on 3-1-2010 by arizonascott]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hi! You know I thought I read a few months ago that last year the sun just had a magnetic polar switch. It's very easy for the sun to do that because its is a gases ball of gases. Not all solar flares hit earth, most flares just fly off into the universe. Only half of the earth would be affected at a time, ie. the side facing the sun at such event of course.
Anyways, being without electricity can be endured the pioneers did it.
Serious corporations and hospitals should have back up generators. For
$2000.00 you can buy a generator and hard wire it into hour home's circuit box by a professional electrician. You can run it for a few minutes at a time to pump up water from a well, or turn on the internet, or television. Maybe getting candles, solar powered flashlight/radios/cell phone chargers, or going to solar panels should be the thing to do in advance. Make sure you have a manual can opener, and cash money held back out of he bank. Batteries, gasoline in gas cans, candles, stored water in empty bleach containers, canned food, matches, etc...
Be a grown up get prepared for life's bumps. It's an insurance policy
for the bad times in life. Storms always happen anyways.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join