It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can the president fix all the worlds problems when he cant even fix home?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Ever notice how we are sending foreign aid to other countries and helping rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan, but when it comes to helping people in the States, we continue to live in poverty and get ignored?. Im not saying that we should stop helping other contries but how can the president continue to not do anything for our economy and still repeat the mistakes of past presidents? When I see the projects that are going up here in Iraq, I see our tax dollars that could have been used to build roads, schools, and other needs back home. There is so much spending going on here that im suprized that some of that money didnt go towards the military to get high-tech gear since were stuck with the same stuff since last year. So ATS, any thoughts on what our money is really being used for and is Obama on the same path as Bush was?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Ive steered clear of politics, so this may not be... correct.

But I've seen no change at all, it's like bush is still in office, but he's become addicted to spending, 30 bil to Israel, a trillion over therr, and trillion over herr.

...... I know he's black and whatever, and that's great, but ummm.... 1 out of 8 people in america going hungry everyday, and a high infant mortality rate, and so many other things..... we've kind of got to fix ourselves first.

Im scratching my head over these new terror attack media rampages...... I think we're just heading down the same path we did years ago.

I saw a recent Obama video, and well, he didn't look so charming, he's getting the look most presidents get, worn out, he looks like the stress is getting to him IMHO.

By the way, he did fix the roads, well out here where I live, they got fixed, and I have to say, I've never been more scared to drive, I get off work at night, and the light grey slightly cracked concrete, has been replaced with blacktop, which has severely cracked and left major potholes, and is almost impossible to tell where you are on the road, up until they finally! laid down the stripes, the roads where honestly better, 'till they 'fixed' them".

I despised Obama at first, then gave him a chance as I personally veered more liberal, but now I'm just looking at him like "Okay, and now you do that backflip right! right!" and well, since impeachment isn't going to happen, and assassination is out the window.... I just hope things will 'change'

(assassination out the window cause, dude, that's just wrong)

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
ROFL.. he's an IDIOT his school Czar is a pedophile his favorite music apparently is Jay Z... he never did anything other than organize a screwed up community....

All talk... nothing to show

It's not because he's Black or any other reason Democrat Republican all CRAP!!!!

We elect people on Color, or promises or the shape of their head... we get what we deserve as human beings all of us...

No one actually gives a damn about politics or we would all be involved in the pre electoral process to determine who could run and 1 in 1000 of us is...

We all know lobbyists run the govt not the leaders that the loop hole that ruined America won't be closed without a disaster that forces REAL CHANGE

and until it becomes a nightmare nothing will change...

We elect for no reason on 2 choices we never gave a damn to have a choice in and half to 2/3rds of us don't even bother...

They all SUCK

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
One of the things that I've learned over the course of this current economic "crisis" (from the end of Bush's term to Obama now) is that the President of the United States has very little control, if any at all, over the American economy. I suppose I was a bit naive in thinking differently. I'm beginning to think that no government on this planet has even a minimal amount of control over their respective economies.

And here's why: everyone knows what the problems are. We know why the economy sucks. But it never gets fixed. You see it in the medical field all the time (AIDS, cancer, etc). They're not going to cure it...no, no. They may know how to cure it, but they're not going to. Instead, they "treat" it.

"Here, take this. It's not a cure, but it MIGHT (emphasis added), alleviate some of the symptoms. "

"But what if it flares up again?"

"I'll write you another prescription."

"But what if it doesn't work?"

"Then I guess you're sh*t outta luck. Please see Janet on your way out so you can take care of your bill."

I don't know if that makes sense, but that's how I see it.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

First of all, foriegn aid amounts to less than 1% of the Federal Budget, so let's stop throwing that one around, shall we??? Not really gonna make a big dif in the grand scheme of things.

Second, how can anyone expect one man to fix every problem, especially when we, the people, do nothing to solve these problems ourselves??? Sure, you can sit behind your little computer screen and use your fingers to bitch and moan, but what have you done for your country lately??? The big fat nada, I'm willing to bet!

So before you go blaming anyone else for the state this country is in, get off your arse and DO SOMETHING about it your damn self! Either that, or shut the hell up and let the man do what he can... It's a hell of alot more than any of us are doing!

NEXT!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
So does Jaxxon have a point? Do we really rely on the president to do everything for us and expect him to fix everything, or is there a hidden agenda to why he cant or wont fix at least one problem that could have a great impact?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

He has an absolute point on our apathy...

None the less it doesn't change the fact that our system has a president who is powerless.

Jaxon... is half right, there actually isn't much we can do about it, even if we want to it's going to take a complete rework of the system for things to actually get done and function...

we were chipped away at slowly, we were rich and ignored the problems...

I can't stand Obama... but Jax has that even if I liked his ideas he couldn't get them implemented because our system id failing, it's not actually his fault, a discussion of who he is and what he wants is actually MOOT...

It is our fault... but yet, it's also no more our fault then Obama, everything si cyclical, things build up to a place of failure and then need to break down to be reworked properly

What i'm trying to say probably sounds conflicted and like i'm reversing...

I'm not

No one could stop this...

Things come to an end, eras come to an end, machines break down and need to be repaired...

America has come as far as it can this way... it's going to have to break and be rebuilt better than before

Our personal opinion of the president has very little bearing on any of a cyclic pattern of society

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I agree. The president isnt alone in the decision making and is most likely doing someone else's bidding. We supposedly elected him so that $**t can get done but somehow we forgot that we too have to fix problems as well and system just wont do it unless we make them do it. $tar for you

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Youre avatar is scary as hell
. Anyways what do you think we need to do to fix the problems that the president cant repair himself?

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

$tar for you. It seems like things get worse as well when fixed by the system, so I guess we do everything without asking for it?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

$tar for you. I also have the same feeling about the healthcare system. Why cant we get cheap or free healthcare like some other countries do?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I have already answered your question in a thread series I did a few months back. You can check it out here.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I didn't have time to read all your threads due to poor connection, but you are correct to say we must take back this country from the corporations and special interests groups. $tar for you for effort.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Every president since the Kennedy assassination has just been a mere puppet paid lump sums of money to do what the elite and congress ask them to do. The president is told what to say to the people before he says it.

Just like being a soldier. You are told and taught to do it before you do, and you are trained many many times before you do it, even if it's a type of rehearsal just to make you look like your disciplined for only a short time.

The Economy is not bad. It's only made to look bad by the elite because if they control our money, they control our food supply, and if they control our food supply, they control our mere mortal lives. But they can not take our souls.

If we all died the elite wouldn't make it. They need are human bodies which are just machines to enslave us to help them make profits, IE corporate army and corporate wars.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

$tar for you. I believe the same, whether we like it or not we are just pawns in the game of life.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Stop-loss!]

new topics

top topics

join