It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Truth Behind Ghosts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Have you ever wondered why ghosts only appear at night? The idea behind a ghost is that someone who has passed away has not fully passed away yet and is stuck in purgatory. Not hell or heaven but they simply have a feeling that they did not accomplish something they actually wanted to while they where here.

Well, what if i told you that ghosts are not just people who have passed away, but also people who are still alive right now!?

Have u ever had a dream that felt as if you where living the life of somebody else? But, it felt so real that you thought it was you.

My friend, for instance, had a dream he was a soldier in the vietnamese war. He got hit with a grenade and then woke up. He said it was really scary but he himself thought that he was playing out something that happened in his past life.

I personally believe that your body is a vessel and you are a spiritual entity living inside of it. I think when you die your spirit leaves the body and then potentially reincarnates into another body. However, within the spirit world there are traces of kenetic energy left behind by your spirit due to tramatic experiences.

To some it up:
You experience your life. When you die, your life flashes before your eyes. This is your spirit leaving its traces of kenetic energy behind objects that you held dear. This is where EMF sensors go wild around random objects.

So, what is a ghost? I dont think a ghost is a spirit trapped. When you are dreaming, you are basically astral projecting(your soul leaving your body and entering the higher dimensinos of life). However, your body is sort of floating down a river. You have very little control, at least in the beginning. Locked within your head are your past memories. Your actual soul remembers everything that happened to you in the past. So when you dream, you can sometimes enter a scene from the past that your body vividly remembers. Similar to my friend remembering the vietnam war.

Well, regardless of what is going on, your astral body is a living entity. It is "somewhere", and if it remembers something vivid in a given location, it will go there and experience it. Your astral body is however connected to your physical body, and feelings and emotions you feel your astral body will try to respond. It is a type of stimuli for your astral soul. This is when you see paranormal activity. It is someones astral body projecting out into the real world through a human interaction.

Yes, ghosts are not dead people who cannot move on. They are living people re-enacting their past lives and/or events. This is why ghosts are most often seen at night, because that is when the person attached to his past experience comes back to re-enact his past life. And that is why the EMF radiation is so powerful in those locations, because that is a place-holder for your soul to know where to go to visit your past experiences.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by demonseed]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Um, not that I didn't find your post interesting, I'm just trying to figure out why you posted this in US Political Madness. Did I miss something?

--Charles Marcello

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I've never heard that spin on it before.

I must admit, very interesting!

One thing doesn't quite fit though . . .

It can be dark and light at the same time in different parts of the world.

People can sleep in the day time too.

It doesn't quite explain why they are traditionally seen at night . . .

[edit on 1/3/2010 by JPhish]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
um... oops?
lol sorry ill delete and re-post.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Perhaps we are ALL ghosts passing through someone else's reality.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish

yes good observation.
Your astral body sees and hears much more than the human can. When your astral body travels to a location during the daytime, like a busy street, it usually feels overwhelmed and uncomfortable, causing it to go another direction. Basically your astral body, when dreaming, will follow certain paths until it finds the right place. These place markers from your past(although this isn't always the case) are some of the beacons pulling your astral body. Eventually it will find a place it feels comfortable with, and usually that place is somewhere at night and dark. Remember, most people have lived many past lives. So if it is day time when you where an egyptian, it is probably night time when you where an indian fighting off americans. Hence, "haunted indian burial grounds."

Sometimes ghosts can be seen during the daytime, but its usually either really early and/or really quiet. Very few ghosts are out during the daytime with many other people, although it sometimes happens as well. Of course, it is much easier to find paranormal activity when it is quieter. Kind of like seeing a UFO at night would be much easier than during the daytime.

link   

Originally posted by JPhish

yes good observation.
Your astral body sees and hears much more than the human can. When your astral body travels to a location during the daytime, like a busy street, it usually feels overwhelmed and uncomfortable, causing it to go another direction. Basically your astral body, when dreaming, will follow certain paths until it finds the right place. These place markers from your past(although this isn't always the case) are some of the beacons pulling your astral body. Eventually it will find a place it feels comfortable with, and usually that place is somewhere at night and dark. Remember, most people have lived many past lives. So if it is day time when you where an egyptian, it is probably night time when you where an indian fighting off americans. Hence, "haunted indian burial grounds."

Sometimes ghosts can be seen during the daytime, but its usually either really early and/or really quiet. Very few ghosts are out during the daytime with many other people, although it sometimes happens as well. Of course, it is much easier to find paranormal activity when it is quieter. Kind of like seeing a UFO at night would be much easier than during the daytime.

link   
Well I have seen them during day.

And they 'communicate' and some know they are dead.....

Dusk/Dawn and 3am are very active times.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

hmm dodgy, so when we die we just pass our spirits into another baby, naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
thread re-started over here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by starshiner

hmm dodgy, so when we die we just pass our spirits into another baby, naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

maybe not right away, but eventually your spirit might return into another life. The existence of life itself is a spiritual one. You kind of have to experience the astral plane to understand how this is possible.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

i think your avoiding the truth, ghost are an entity of a dis illusioned min, perhaps a fantasy day dream from missing a loved one, remember the mind plays tricks and is not yet fully understood.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Well I have seen them during day.

And they 'communicate' and some know they are dead.....

Dusk/Dawn and 3am are very active times.

The communication part of ghosts is the most interesting. Have you ever had a dream where it felt like you where interacting with other people? They felt so real that they simply could not have been your imagination?

The reason i dont think those souls are in purgatory is because when you die you understand all of your past lives and you become one with the true universe. You see all, and one of your past lives is inherently meaningless. Although it is possible that a soul traveling might come back to a place it had been before, knowing it is just a soul, and interact with some of its past objects.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

i think your avoiding the truth, ghost are an entity of a dis illusioned min, perhaps a fantasy day dream from missing a loved one, remember the mind plays tricks and is not yet fully understood.

People have their own opinions on whether ghosts are real or not, and that is not what this thread is about. However, most ghosts are experienced with multiple people around, indicating that whatever is going on is not a trick of the mind.

A crack in the floor to one is bad construction, but to another is a ghost. Its all personal perception, i am simply relaying my personal experiences with what i have learned so far.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
i did actually write this but it didnt come up b4.

i believe to have seen a ghost but i think it was because i was frightened of being frightened (was walking down a scary motorway to tesco at 3am) not till a week later i actually found out that what i saw (blurry trench coat walking behind me that dissappeared) that there was an air field right where i was walking (google meir park aerodrome) even kennedy went there i heard lol.

yes i have had vivid dreams like i was someone else or me but living another life, but hey they tell us thats our minds way of processing

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Here's another angle to consider!

From
www.articlealley.com...

QUOTE:

..."The Holy Bible makes it pretty clear, that there are indeed spirit beings, both good and evil, but it negates the idea that the spirits of deceased human beings can remain on earth and “haunt” the living.

...In Hebrews 9:27 it says: “…man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.” That is what happens to a person’s soul or spirit after death, the judgment. The result of this judgment is heaven for the believer and follower of Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:6-8; Philippians 1:23), and hell for those who do not receive Christ as Savior (Matthew 25:46; Luke 16:22-24). There is no in-between, no stuck in limbo, no waiting around the earthly home, no walking along the road the accident happened at, or any other such crap. There is no possibility of a human remaining on earth in spirit form as a “ghost.” If there are such things as ghosts, according to the Bible, they absolutely cannot be the disembodied spirits of deceased human beings.

...The Bible teaches very clearly that there are indeed spirit beings that can connect and appear in our physical world. The Bible identifies these beings as angels and demons. Angels are spirit beings who are faithful in serving God or Satan as in the case of the rebellious, fallen angels. Corinthians 11:14-15 indicates that demons masquerade as “angels of light” and as “servants of righteousness.” Appearing as a “ghost” and impersonating a deceased human being definitely seem to be within the power and abilities demons possess."....

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I sometimes feel like I am a ghost on message boards.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
thats creepy are you trying to say ghosts are demons??? that is some real freaky sh88, btw it wasn't limbs i saw it was like a misty blur i heard walking behind me turned around got a glimpse and ran like a bitch

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I believe this thread belongs on another forum. Perhaps one of the mods can move it with an explanation.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Hmm Certainly a possibilty for some.
There are also Hypnogoic Hillucinations which come as you go to sleep and are as real to your eyes when you half wake, as the nose on your face.

However, Ghosts are real. The only thing those who are not "touched" and have seen them can do to convince someone who hasnt experienced it, is out of our hands. you need to see, hear, smell or feel one

I like that you dont 'believe' in them, I dont believe in anything really i cant have proof for.

It would be interesting if you do one day

To the OP
there are Ghosts and spirits of those departed that are not earth locked like a ghost.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by zazzafrazz]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join