It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newspaper articles surounding Roswell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Strange how all over the USA, flying saucers were seen just days prior to Roswell NM crash. (July 7th 1947) Check out these articles,

Pittsburgh

Washington

California

Washington

Floridia

Pittsburg

Wisconson

Now here is some propaganda articles trying to disprove these reports of flying disks.

Milwaukee

Canada

UFO's in barn

I think after reading all of these articles Roswell did happen!

[edit on 2-1-2010 by ChilledVoodoo]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ChilledVoodoo

Simple, to the point and links to support your view.

I like it!

Actually, you probably don't need to convince too many people here. This post would do more good on Facebook or good ol' E-mail.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Excellent work digging up these fascinating articles.

I really enjoyed getting a feel for the perspectives of the day.

The journalists and people of the time had a certain naivety about UFOs in general which made people seem somewhat more open minded.

Stories in the paper today are far more full of ridicule and skepticism.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Very interesting...nice work digging up these links...I didn't know there were numerous sightings before the Roswell indecent...and so the plot thickens...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

perhaps it was other countries using equipment to spy on america and made it look out of this world so the americans where dumb too it, come off it perfect cover up (it wasnt us other countries it was ets spying!) and america used it too sell papers just like THE SUN newspaper, people make money out of ufos

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Really fascinating and enjoyable reading.
Many thanks
mrix

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Short, sweet and to the point. I like it, thank you for digging up the sources. I enjoyed viewing them, this actually never dawned on me to see that so many different states were affected by this. (Viewing of UFO's that is)

-SD

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

perhaps it was other countries using equipment to spy on america and made it look out of this world so the americans where dumb too it, come off it perfect cover up (it wasnt us other countries it was ets spying!) and america used it too sell papers just like THE SUN newspaper, people make money out of ufos

I doubt it was other countries spying on the USA , because it was just after the war and there were not much left of Germans or Japaneese. But I find it strange how these "flying saucers" Got so much press. It does seem like THE SUN or something like that. If it was E.T's, then why then did they show up at that perticular point in time. Does the year 1947 have any significance? Is it the Godzilla factor, Aliens coming over to see why we let off atomic bombs to kill our own species? Very strange stuff indeed.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Some great legwork there mate.

Francis L. Ridge also makes a few interesting points at the link below:

Roswell & The Wave of '47 ~ Too Many Coincidences. Francis L. Ridge

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
After reading the OP's debunking article in the "Canada" link, I started to scroll through the rest of that July 9, 1947 Ottawa Citizen newspaper and found on page 19, an article entitled "Saucers" Seen Over England For First Time.

It's worth checking out, as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Francis L. Ridge also makes a few interesting points at the link below:

Very interesting stuff by Fancis L. Ridge. So this proves there were many many sightings of UFO's surounding the Roswell incident. Makes you wonder. If these disks or saucers came from earth, what ever became of all of them, and more importantly, if they are so secret, did they think that nobody would see them flying around in the daylight ? I just wonder if they are going to come back for another visit?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChilledVoodoo
Strange how all over the USA, flying saucers were seen just days prior to Roswell NM crash. (July 7th 1947) Check out these articles,

Washington
(snip)
Now here is some propaganda articles trying to disprove these reports of flying disks.

Milwaukee
Canada
UFO's in barn

Interesting articles, thanks for posting them. I'm more amazed with what Google search can find all the time, such as these old articles that were way too old to be digitized for searching, Google must have figured out a way to search them with OCR technology! Nice!

Something happened at Roswell but the question is, what?

I noticed you didn't include the Washington article in your "propaganda" section of articles, probably since they wouldn't admit to the Navy's flying saucers flying outside of Stratford, Conn., but the article did say this:

"So don't be amazed when one of these days you hear a whistling sound from the sky and see a blurred, circular object scaling across the heavens at a speed never before attained by man! It will be the navy's Flapjack,the XFSU-7, breaking through another frontier of aviation history.

I think the flying disc shape is aerodynamically unstable and the F117, which looks like a flying disc from some angles, was apparently so unstable a pilot couldn't control it without the computerized stabilization. So maybe with the computer stabilization technology in the F117, a flying disc could be made stable, but they didn't have that technology back in 1947. So that is my guess about why the Navy's prediction about the XFSU-7 didn't come true.

Regarding what really happened at Roswell, the best eyewitnesses are Jesse Marcel and his son who both not only saw the wreckage but handled it personally. The wreckage they describe sounds an awful lot like project mogul so I'm not sure how people take the descriptions they provided and say it wasn't mogul but a disc. Marcel was convinced it wasn't an ordinary weather balloon and he was right about that, there was way too much wreckage for that, as project mogul was huge.

I do find it annoying that the government lied to us for 50 years about Roswell and for that reason, I can understand some skepticism when they provided disclosure in 1997, but I'm afraid that's what it really was, disclosure, but many people don't want to accept it and even say disclosure is about to come by (pick a date) and you can see how that turns out. I think the 1997 disclosure wasn't quite what people expected it to be.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The Air Force Mogul balloon train theory is a slap in the face to Major Jesse Marcel. To say Major Marcel couldn't identify radar target material, balloons, and tape is laughable. Major Marcel was a highly trained head intelligence officer at a Nuclear base.

The Air Force has never stated that they "know" for a fact what crashed in either of their Roswell reports. They have only put forth "theories" as to what was found.

I suggest everyone read the book "Witness To Roswell" for the multitude of testimony and facts surrounding the alien craft, and bodies, the recovery, and how it was all covered up by threats and misinformation.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

[snipped]

[edit on 2-1-2010 by ChilledVoodoo]

Since the irrefutable evidence does not support a UFO crashing near Roswell nor anywhere else, your newspaper articles have nothing to do with it. There were a lot of strange things seen in the sky from airplanes and from the ground and they stand on their own even though some of the objects sighted were weather balloons, Skyhook balloons, atmospheric phenomena, new human craft, etc.

What "crashed" near Roswell was a secret project and the evidence supports that!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Since the irrefutable evidence does not support a UFO crashing near Roswell nor anywhere else, your newspaper articles have nothing to do with it. There were a lot of strange things seen in the sky from airplanes and from the ground and they stand on their own even though some of the objects sighted were weather balloons, Skyhook balloons, atmospheric phenomena, new human craft, etc.

I put these articles in a thred to show how an increase in UFO sightings happned right around the days surrounding the July 7th 1947 Roswell Crash. Some before and some after. So thats why these have everything to do with Roswell.
Now, as to what all these objects were that were seen flying around the entire USA , we will never know the truth , neither will you.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I put these articles in a thred to show how an increase in UFO sightings happned right around the days surrounding the July 7th 1947 Roswell Crash. Some before and some after. So thats why these have everything to do with Roswell.
Now, as to what all these objects were that were seen flying around the entire USA , we will never know the truth , neither will you.

The only connection some UFO reports may have had with Roswell are the ones that misidentified the secret project balloon train with UFOs since the public was not aware of the project and also may not have been familiar with weather balloons and Skyhook balloons plus new jet planes which in 1947 were not fleeting around enough to become ingrained in the public's minds.

From Wikipedia:
[Skyhook balloons were balloons developed by Otto C. Winzen and used by the United States Navy Office of Naval Research in the late 1940s and in the 1950s for atmospheric research, especially for constant-level meteorological observations at very high altitudes. Instruments like the Cherenkov detector were first used on skyhook balloons.

In the late 1940s, Project Skyhook balloons provided a stable vehicle for long duration observations at altitudes in excess of 100,000 feet. Balloons, long used for collecting meteorological data, now offered the opportunity of collecting highly specialized information and photographs. ... The Skyhook ballon may be at the origin of UFO observations. The most famous case possibly involving a Skyhook mis-sighting was the Mantell UFO Incident. en.wikipedia.org...]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

The only connection some UFO reports may have had with Roswell are the ones that misidentified the secret project balloon train with UFOs since the public was not aware of the project and also may not have been familiar with weather balloons and Skyhook balloons plus new jet planes which in 1947 were not fleeting around enough to become ingrained in the public's minds.

If you click on the California link you will see these objects were traveling at about 1,600 mph. No plane of the day or weather baloon could travel that fast could they? If so why would it be doing crazy turns at such a high speed with two other of the same objects?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

If you click on the California link you will see these objects were traveling at about 1,600 mph. No plane of the day or weather baloon could travel that fast could they? If so why would it be doing crazy turns at such a high speed with two other of the same objects?

Please don't get me wrong. Basically, I'm not disagreeing with you that UFOs were being seen and reports made the news. What I'm quibbling about is your including Roswell as if Roswell was the result of a UFO crashing or otherwise. The real evidence which can be taken to the bank does not support anything but a secret project, unless you'd rather accept the various accounts found in inaccurate books.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Is there a single UFO story (or flying disc, or fireball or strange light in the sky) published in May or June 1947 before Kenneth Arnold's sighting (June 24th, 1947) ? A friend told me there isn't any, that it all started with Kenneth Arnold.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
Is there a single UFO story (or flying disc, or fireball or strange light in the sky) published in May or June 1947 before Kenneth Arnold's sighting (June 24th, 1947) ? A friend told me there isn't any, that it all started with Kenneth Arnold.

Visit this website: www.project1947.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join