It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US official: Extremists seek new ways to attack US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

I feel bad that so few people are willing to honestly ask them selves why Religious Fanatics are prone to acts of terrorism and to address those root causes.

What are we doing to turn enemies into friends and how?

Not a darn thing, in fact we are creating more enemies through our approaches than we are eliminating them.

The reality is the religious xenophobes are quick to say its because we aren't Muslims and leave it at that.

Nothing could be further than the truth. Its because we conduct short sighted foreign policy that is often applied in hypocritical and uneven ways that tends to favor some and persecute others.

Terrorism is happening for a real reason when it does happen, and the reality is few if any want to deal with those root causes.

That's just plain foolish, as foolish as living one's life in constant fear.

Yes you are right. The CIA used me as bait in the hunt for Bin Laden. In front of the entire western horse scene in Europe and the entire intelligence community they showed there face. They beat my horses on the legs with hammers cut there faces with razor blades and sold my way of living with another guy right in the middle of the war on terror.. and gave me MRSA sending me around the world to spread it and making sure I am not allowed antibiotics.. again this is very true and the CIA and Naval intelligence did this with there chest puffed up and a middle finger at god(RAMTHA MK ULTRA CIA ).. true story in front of every Intel in the world. So ya CIA prison in horse arena.. well a lot of Europe sees USA as the devil of the bible and all anyone in our intell cares about is Americans don't know about Clinton anderson..the guy making millions on TV selling my intellectual property.. go CIA even people who love you you make know that you are the devil.
And I flew out of the Amsterdam airport numerous times my name was on a watch list..look up new proof war on terror.. I went through all the screenings. Holland and the Netherlands are special friends of America. If it was a false flag operation that airport is one of the most CIA friendly in Europe.. Even though at the same time there would have been other airports that would have been easier.. New ways to attack?? Well who hasn't driven around seen something and thought ..huh look how easy a real terrorist could mess thing's up in this country.. and not only high jack airplanes.... Five terrorist armed could stop this nation in ts tracks so again why only high jack airplanes?? Well the airports are very very controlled... I am no terrorist...just saying some very true points.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by zeuseadam]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zeuseadam

Well, that could've been a moving post if you know, you knew how to write formal sentences.

But moving on...

As someone else stated, what're we doing to prevent friends turning into foes? Absolutely nothing. When we invade a country, what do you expect to happen? No one to attack our troops or even plot to come over here to attack us? There are religious extremists on this planet who want to harm and even kill us. Sorry, but that's the truth, whether you like it or not.

Is it our fault there are such enemies? When you send troops into a Muslim nation and fully support Israel, yea, you damn right it's our fault.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Get ready for little old ladies to have their walkers torn apart, cripples to be cast out of wheel chairs, and even children to become suspects in this stepped up war on terror against the people.

Maybe someone already pointed this out, but let's see...

Get ready for the explosive powder hidden in walkers,
Bio terror agents woven into the fabric of wheel chairs,
And extremists getting small, white children to carry out their plans.

Oh, right. It goes both ways.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert

because someone in Amsterdam let the world’s most incompetent religious radical on a plane for the U.S. without a Passport or Visa or checking his name against the No Fly List.

Was going to skip this.. then thought.. why are you here? Why are you on ATS and spreading fear and hate? And disinfo? Why are you posting without facts? Its ppl like you that make ATS a shadow of what its to be.

The person was not on the no fly list. So checking it would have been redundant. And if he was, his name would have been flagged while booking his flight.

I didnt bother reading anythning more you had to add because its fictional and I have no reason to hear what you have to say unless I need a fictional read.

ty

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Willbert]

Well let’s see considering it was widely reported on every mainstream news outlet that the man was on the no fly list I think speaks for itself why I would say that.

It of course doesn’t surprise me that you wouldn’t have a comment on the fact he had no passport or visa and was still permitted to board the plane to the United States.

As far as what I am doing here, lets answer a question with a question, what is a Canadian doing here on a thread regarding U.S. Policy doing…beyond just making baseless emotional tinged accusations?

Give me greetings to the folks at the MOSSAD and the rest of the Israeli Internet Defense Forces!

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

Get ready for little old ladies to have their walkers torn apart, cripples to be cast out of wheel chairs, and even children to become suspects in this stepped up war on terror against the people.

Maybe someone already pointed this out, but let's see...

Get ready for the explosive powder hidden in walkers,
Bio terror agents woven into the fabric of wheel chairs,
And extremists getting small, white children to carry out their plans.

Oh, right. It goes both ways.

I didn't know James Bond was a terrorist! Or are you just using your imagination?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
reply to post by zeuseadam

Well, that could've been a moving post if you know, you knew how to write formal sentences.

But moving on...

As someone else stated, what're we doing to prevent friends turning into foes? Absolutely nothing. When we invade a country, what do you expect to happen? No one to attack our troops or even plot to come over here to attack us? There are religious extremists on this planet who want to harm and even kill us. Sorry, but that's the truth, whether you like it or not.

Is it our fault there are such enemies? When you send troops into a Muslim nation and fully support Israel, yea, you damn right it's our fault.

YES YOU ARE RIGHT but when I first put it on it was top secret and I asked for help organizing it it was why I was on ATS for people who had skills at writing and organizing because my skills are kissing the horses and communicating with them,,non verbal.. not the same at all. So it really needs.... or if you want to know what is really up to protect your family . Put together in a organized timeline with the pictures, recordings and video arranged in order. So sorry t was so confusing but forgive me I have mrsa a deadly disease and no way to get antibiotics or work because all anyone cares about is anderson.. So the small amount of time I waas able to functon and put it together was when had the right antibiotics(not enough but the right ones) that is the truth.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

He actually wasn't on the no fly list.

Obama has criticized the intelligence community for not piecing together tips about Abdulmutallab, which the president said should have landed him on the no-fly list and thwarted his attack.

www.latimes.com...

He was not put on the no-fly list because authorities couldn't find enough negative information on him, a U.S. administration official said Saturday, according to Reuters.

www.foxnews.com...

There's two sources. Try a Google News search, you'll find loads more.

It's good to be informed, you know. Maybe there was a misinterpretation, but Willbert was correct.

In reference to my other post, I was being sort of fictional, but I was making a point. I made the same point with racial profiling the other day. You start taking higher precautions against those of a specific race or skin color, and you will find these organizations using agents who do not fit into that category.

There will always be a way to work around any defense system. In this case, if the next step means more closely checking carry-on items and close-searching people, then it is. I don't think that's necessarily okay, but do you see another option? In this case, we're all thinking "Why wasn't he on a no-fly list?" Well, he should have been, slipped through a crack. There will always be cracks. "Why didn't the security checkpoint uncover the device?" Well, they were sneaky. And next time they'll be sneakier. That's how it works.

Oh, in addition. I believe he did have a passport. And the reason it said he was traveling was "Religious ritual." Here's a source validating the passport, and again, you can find more:

www.cbsnews.com...

(CBS/AP) The suspected terrorist who tried to blow up Northwest Flight 253 Christmas day did present a passport to authorities in Amsterdam before boarding the Detroit-bound plane, Holland's counter-terrorism agency said Wednesday.

[edit on 1/3/2010 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

It was in fact widely reported initially he was on the no fly list and had no passport and no visa.

They very well may have modified their initial assertions but that simply begs two questions.

Why were initial reports faulty?

What's the real truth?

When these incidents happen it's almost as if they have all the answers in the can ready to run within minutes of the incident.

Then over the next days they try to nail down all those stories and it usually involves officials then changing their stories.

I find none of it to be honestly credible.

What I do find to be the most significant is that no one was actually hurt.

That a CITIZEN not the government actually did what CITIZENS not the government ought to be doing, and that's being vigilant and prepared to act in our OWN self defense.

How much was the citizen paid? Nothing. How many people in Iraq and Iran did the citizen bomb and how many new enemies for America did he create? None.

The actual answer is right in front of us.

A citizen who wasn't afraid, kept harm from happening.

Our government wants all citizens to be afraid though.

I am surprised they haven't charged the man who interceded and stopped the attack with some offence.

Seems to me that the provisions in place are already adequate to the extent that one or two alert citizens can handle an isolated problem here or there, or an Air Marshall.

Spending trillions more, violating more rights, giving up more liberties, bombing more innocent Muslims?

Please! Enough of the nonsense already, this is fast leading to World War III.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Through a surplus of public evidence, it’s become quite obvious that 911 was a false flag.

What will the rogue elements of a Bilderberger funded CIA and Mossad think of next?

No matter how creative you try to get this next time around, I’d like to warn you that your SELFISH AGENDA is becoming more and more transparent to the general population of this planet.

My advice is quit now while you’re ahead; before you find the hornet’s nest at your doorstep.

More and more people are becoming aware of your deception and your cruelty. The solution is simple, just learn to mind your own business and stop playing adolescent games like so many spoiled children.

Life is hard enough. Let the world LIVE IN PEACE!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This headline is the biggest bunch of looney rubbish we have here for along time.

Ron paul said it himself. America is going all over this world trying to make enemies, so they can play lets pretend someone is doing something to them.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

I truly shudder to think what the Powers that Be will do next to widen this war on terror.

Logic dictates it will be bigger than 9-11 and so outrageous that the majority of people will think purely emotionally and commit themselves to the response and most of the naysayers will be brushed aside.

Dark days lay ahead I fear if the recent headlines and trends are any indication of what lays in store.

Thanks for posting friend.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Unfortunately, sometimes stuff happens

and sometimes stuff doesn't happen.

Thats just the way of the world.

And to believe that we can create a Utopia out of our fear is naive to say the least.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If embassy closures are a potential indication of impending hostilities then as many have suspected Yemen may be next....

US, UK shut Yemen embassies

www.stuff.co.nz...

07:47 04/01/2010

The US and Britain have closed their embassies in Yemen in the face of al Qaeda threats, after both countries announced an increase in aid to the government to fight the terror group linked to the failed attempt to bomb a US airliner on Christmas Day.

The confrontation with al Qaeda's offshoot in Yemen has gained new urgency since the 23-year-old Nigerian accused in the attack, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, told American investigators he received training and instructions from the group's operatives in Yemen.

Something is about to happen in Yemen, will it be an act of terrorism, or US/UK military intervention... Or both?

Let the underwear wars begin!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Let the underwear wars begin!

LOL

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
White house says NO war in Yemen!

www.foxnews.com...

The U.S. does not plan to open a new front in Yemen in the global fight against terrorism despite closing its embassy there in the face of Al Qaeda threats, President Obama's top counterterrorism adviser said Sunday.

"We're not talking about that at this point at all," White House aide John Brennan told Fox News when asked whether U.S. troops would be sent to Yemen.

"The Yemeni government has demonstrated their willingness to take the fight to Al Qaeda," he said. "They're willing to accept our support. We're providing them everything that they've asked for."

The comments came in the wake of the failed Christmas Day attack against a U.S. airliner by an accused 23-year-old Nigerian who says he received training and instructions from Al Qaeda operatives in Yemen.

Well that is interesting.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I also learned just today, from the infamous Peter Powers (those educated about 7/7 will know who) that the underpant bomber paid with cash and never had any luggage for his 2 week intended duration. Not sure if you guys knew, just thought i'd throw that out.

I firmly believe that the agenda for 2010 has changed from climate to terrorism, after the collapse of the Copenhagen plot. The rhetoric has changed and is deafening. Mainstream headlines are beating the terrorism drums once again.

If the change of tactic was pre-planned, and terrorism was to be the weapon of choice this year, then i fear a major attack will be imminent. If however it was on a whim, then they may just be buying time with a fear tactic that has worked in the past, while they figure out what to do.
Like a restaurant chef discovering the meat is off, so he throws out soup because everyone likes soup, until he finds a new main course.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Want to bring down America? This is how you do it.

1. Secure a moderate amount of some kind of deadly, toxic, or poisonous substance.

2. Work your way inside a place where extremely large amounts of (circulated) cash are stored.

3. Put the poison on the cash.

4. Wait for people to start getting sick and dying from the money.

Eventually, people will become afraid to even touch the American dollar and it will become less than worthless.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The real war is the one for your mind. Mind control experts using repeated alarming reports keep the people under control in case of a terrorist attack .
However, no matter how sophisticated the security and the feeling of security will be, you americans have a large country, very large, and 300 million people in there ( plus illegals ) . A half dozen active Al Qaida operatives in such a large country can carry out an attack unnoticed .

This spiral is endless. Fear, attacks, deprivation of liberties, fear , attacks, deprivation of liberties... by the time I'm 50 I won't be allowed to own a freaking lighter.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MattMulder

"World War III will be a guerilla information war, with no division
between military and civilian participation." Marshall McLuhan

The key to any war is the battle for hearts and minds to control the temperamental 5th column the people.

Unbeknownst to most people that battle is not just playing out on our TV Screens but right here on the Internet.

The most important battles of World War III are being fought on the Internet some of them actually right here on ATS by people who have no earthly idea the true nature of the monumental struggle they are engaged in.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
well... as long as there is a super power, theres always someone trying to take it down...

Its not new... Egyptians, Romans, Portuguese and Spanish, English, Germans, etc, just to name a few, through all those centuries that those civilizations were the greatest of their time, there was always someone against them...

Now its america on top, so it has to be brought down. Why? I dont know, I guess thats how it goes when it comes to "top number 1 empire on earth".

Now its your time to fall. People just hate other's success. Always happened, always will...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join