It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US official: Extremists seek new ways to attack US

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

US official: Extremists seek new ways to attack US

hosted.ap.org

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A top counterterrorism official is warning that al-Qaida and other extremists are working to test U.S. defenses and launch an attack on American soil.

National Counterterrorism Center Director Michael Leiter says the failed Christmas Day attempt to bring down a U.S. airliner is the starkest reminder of that threat.

(visit the link for the full news article)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Clearly Washington’s New Years Resolution is intensifying and broadening the War on Terror. Naturally we will need to spend an extra trillion dollars and surrender a few more liberties because someone in Amsterdam let the world’s most incompetent religious radical on a plane for the U.S. without a Passport or Visa or checking his name against the No Fly List.

A logical and financially prudent reaction no doubt! Yet there is no escaping the fact that the Government is now going to consider almost any potential hiding place a person could secrete something on there person as being subject to search and seizure as well as people who really don’t fit the terrorist stereotype.

Get ready for little old ladies to have their walkers torn apart, cripples to be cast out of wheel chairs, and even children to become suspects in this stepped up war on terror against the people.

The land of the free and the brave? Not here in America more like the land of the petrified and herded.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

"What's disturbing about this is we're almost nine years after 9/11 and billions of dollars have been spent and we don't have in place a system which can make us safe in the air," Kushner, chair of the school's Criminal Justice Department told The Associated Press. "You'll never be able to harden the targets to rule out terrorist activity. But we need to spend more money and have more concentration on the dangers in the skies."

Talk about a statement! We have spent billions and it hasn’t done enough!

We can’t really protect against everything thought…

But we need to spend a lot more money anyway!

Hard to believe these are the so called experts. Oh did they invent a scam when they invented the War on Terror!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Is this really any shock? That people who don't like us want to blow us up?

"Prisoners seek ways to escape from Jail, news at eleven."

Wow, really? Not bashing you OP, but it looks like a story for the sake of a story.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by crisko

Now here is the million dollar question why don't they like 'us'.

Here is the two million dollar question, who exactly is 'us'.

I can gaurantee you that there is no specific individual alive on the planet right now who wants to specifically kill little old me.

Chances are there is no specific individual on the planet alive right now that has your picture on their wall with a bullseye painted over it or a voodoo doll image of you poking pins in it.

Do me a favor and count me out of the us.

The us you are referring to is American Foreign Policy.

We need to look at the real reasons imagined people don't like 'us'.

If it's because of stupid or bad foreign poliicies then us needs to stop being so ego centric and so happy to include our selves in that us herd and start addressing real cause versus real effect.

It might never have occured to you that the 'us' is more like the criminal in jail. We sure have killed about a million times more Middle Easterners and Muslims than they have killed of 'us'.

You aren't really expecting a thankyou card for supporting the indiscriminate arial bombardment of innocent men, women and children and their homes from those people who have been bombed as an alternative to arresting and prosecuting a handfull of violent criminals are you?

Are you?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I think they should start keeping a closer eye on George "dubya".

Didn't he say, openly in a speech to the world, that our enemies won't stop looking for new ways to hurt us and NEITHER WILL WE!?

Actually, I couldn't agree with you more, the reaction seems so disproportional to the cause that it would be a joke if it wasn't for the fact that we all have to pay for it.

Now that I think about it, wasn't it Dubya that STARTED all this?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

Yes it was George Jr. that started all this and in large part because his father George Sr. is one of the primary owners and preferred stock holders of the Carlyle Group.

The Carlyle Group is an investment capital firm one of the ten largest in the world that exclusively funds high tech weapons companies by loaning them money in exchange for the majority of their preferred stock.

Former British Prime Minister Tony Blaire and the Bin Laden Family are also principle share holders in the Carlyle Group. In fact the patriarch of the Bin Laden Clan and George Bush Sr. were enjoying breakfast together at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Washington D.C. the morning of September 11th.

Lord David De Rothschild was coincidentally enjoying his honeymoon in a fabulous two story New York Penthouse with a wrap around balcony with a beautiful bird’s eye view of the World Trade Center the morning of September 11th after celebrating his wedding night as a guest in the Bush White House.

What a small friendly little world we live in huh?

Firm Profile

The Carlyle Group is one of the world's largest private equity firms, with more than $87.6 billion under management. With 65 funds across four investment disciplines (buyouts, growth capital, real estate and leveraged finance), Carlyle combines global vision with local insight, relying on a top-flight team of 450+ investment professionals operating out of offices in 19 countries to uncover superior opportunities in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East/North Africa and Latin America.

While open to opportunities wherever they can be found, Carlyle focuses on sectors in which it has demonstrated expertise: aerospace & defense, automotive & transportation, consumer & retail, energy & power, financial services, healthcare, industrial, infrastructure, real estate, technology & business services and telecommunications & media.

Carlysle.com

ATS THREAD CARLSYLE GROUP CORPORATE CONSPIRACIES RUN DEEP

[edit on 2/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The solution is not hard at all. air marshals with more equipment. Bomb's aren't hard to detect, airport security is useless, and people won't ever stop trying these things.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I agree the threat is best handled in that way of Air Marshalls but ultimately the War on Terror is being waged as much for profit by corporate entities as it is actually to defeat terrorists or protect us.

The cost of having a cadre of Air Marshalls on each flight would actually be substantially less but fewer corporations could profit off of the war in that manner.

They aren’t really interested in protecting us they are interested in selling us on the idea we need protected and then to sell us that protection.

As in this most recent case the best defense against airborne terrorists is fellow passengers.

I have no idea how men with box cutters took over multiple commercial aircraft on September 11th because anyone who has flown more than once knows that your seat back safety cushion is designed as a safety and flotation device that is actually thicker than a box cutter.

How do 4 men with box cutters overcome hundreds of passengers armed with seatback safety cushions?

They can’t!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

There might be some ex-girlfriends out there poking voodoo dolls in my likeness

Safety is an illusion! You can't protect against everything and in trying to do so you strip away all civil liberties in the name of security. I'd rather live free than live under essentially a Police State.

PAPERS! LET ME SEE YOUR PAPERS!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
"You'll never be able to harden the targets to rule out terrorist activity. But we need to spend more money and have more concentration on the dangers in the skies."

Yeah, give us some more money and we'll protect you from the big bad terrorists who hate your freedom (what freedom, to be a slave?). Isn't this what the mob calls 'protection money'?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OZtracized

I think they should start keeping a closer eye on George "dubya".

Didn't he say, openly in a speech to the world, that our enemies won't stop looking for new ways to hurt us and NEITHER WILL WE!?

"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly

"We have met the enemy and they are ours." - Oliver Hazard Perry

"If Satan is divided against himself, how can his kingdom stand? I say this because you claim that I drive out demons by Beelzebub." - Luke 11:17-19

divide et impera

"United we stand, Divided we fall"

[edit on 3-1-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Whats the point of air marshals? They have guns? well so do we and we come free. Remember in the 1970's you could carry your gun aboard..

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ

There might be some ex-girlfriends out there poking voodoo dolls in my likeness

Safety is an illusion! You can't protect against everything and in trying to do so you strip away all civil liberties in the name of security. I'd rather live free than live under essentially a Police State.

PAPERS! LET ME SEE YOUR PAPERS!

Personally I live for the allure of danger and the thrill of the unknown. If you aren’t living on the edge you are taking up to much space.

Whether 9-11 was Islamic Fundamentalists and Terrorists, or a False Flag perpetrated by our own Military Industrial Complex and the Intelligence Agencies the reality is our reactions to it basically handed them the victory.

We are or at least we were the home of the free and the brave, and our reaction should have been NO REACTION, for ultimately what’s the point of antagonizing or attacking someone that doesn’t react?

None, as it does no good. We have spent trillions in this obscene war on terrorism, and given up precious liberties and made far more enemies in that process than friends.

It is so sad that the vast majority of America can’t see these self evident truths, sad indeed.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
"You'll never be able to harden the targets to rule out terrorist activity. But we need to spend more money and have more concentration on the dangers in the skies."

Yeah, give us some more money and we'll protect you from the big bad terrorists who hate your freedom (what freedom, to be a slave?). Isn't this what the mob calls 'protection money'?

Our government truly has become a drug peddling, violence prone, corrupt criminal enterprise dedicated to extorting and exploiting the citizens for the profit of its corporate masters and benefactors.

I won’t fly and its not because I am afraid of terrorists, its because I have too much self respect and dignity to put myself through that process!

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 22-250
Whats the point of air marshals? They have guns? well so do we and we come free. Remember in the 1970's you could carry your gun aboard..

Ah the good old days when American citizens still had rights and respect and the government worked for us still in part.

It seems like a lifetime ago. I think it was.

How did we fall this far this quickly?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
You can spend all the money in the world and there will still be terrorist who find ways to get at us.

There is just an infinite number of ways to do damage.

How do we protect ourselves?

I remember that during the Clinton years, his administration made it harder to infiltrate terrorist groups. It barred the recruitment of agents with human right abuses.

Here is an article but not whole article. Just only link I can find.

www.highbeam.com...

Does anybody know if this has been appealed? IMO, the best way to protect ourselves is to infiltrate the groups.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Infiltrating groups is great and can have some limited success but so can establishing a dialogue with groups.

People aren’t attacking us because they have nothing better to do, and they aren’t attacking us because they just object to our presence in the world.

They are attacking us over our policies and actions and we really at some point need to understand that not negotiating with terrorists when they have a gun to your head is one thing, and not negotiating with the political groups that either commit acts of political terrorism or fund them is another thing.

People don’t like us for a reason and ultimately we have three choices, kill them all if we can (not really possible), keep fighting them forever (since we can’t kill them all and they can’t kill us all) or sit down and figure out what they are so angry about and figure out if there is a way to compromise and enjoy the benefits of peace.

We will actually shoot a 100,000.00 dollar Tomahawk Cruise Missile at a 10.00 stone hut in Afghanistan and half the time have no idea if there is even anyone in there that is remotely opposed to us or a threat to us.

For 100.00 you could take a cab from the airport in Kabul and knock on the front door and say here is 10,000 dollars and a 10.00 sledge hammer from Wal-Mart please knock down your 10.00 hut and they would!

The American taxpayer would save about 90,000.00 and the people in the hut would love us instead of hating us and looking for vengeance.

The military industrial complex is manipulating us for profit. The bankers are manipulating us to create profit by indebting us in that first process. They are winning and everyone else is loosing including us, the people who have to pay for it, and then become targets of the backlash of it.

When I have a problem with someone that is approaching violence I sit down with them and hash it out.

We all should!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I know. They didn't know. Hell dude, I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me. Cause if I'm ever on a hijack plan, you've just opened the window of a plausible Jack Bauer move.

Anywho, history tells us that fear does not make you buy. It makes you huddle yourself away. If they wanted us to be afraid, then they'd want to eventually have a matrix system for us to ride off the war in never never land (a plot in something I'm writing actually
)

The fact remains that the idea of immortality and nationalism is the only way to have a constant stream of patriots and buyers. Do you know why the US economy was so good after WW2? Because people believed they were immortal and the strongest nation on earth. They wanted to contribute to the greatness, and thus worked. Then the cold war happened, and people basically chilled out until the fear left. Once the fear was gone and the worry of nuclear war was over, people bought more and the baby boom happened. If your going to die in a nuclear holocaust, you might as well buy more and be happy until then. Again, in the 90s. The Cold war ended, people felt immortal, and once Bush 1's stupid war was over, people bought. The economy blasted off under Clinton. Then Bush came back and fear made it crash. Do you realize that economy and money has been dieing off since Bush took office? Reports now claim the 2000s were the worst decade for Americans.

Sorry, but the idea that people will do whatever you want in fear is not true with Americans. I the western world, the idea of freedom is so cultural, especially in the US, then any ideas against it or limiting it or simply killed off. Post ww2 Europe is a great example of this. The more closed society gets, the more dead their economies get. And the idea that lots of poor people makes for a great control center is also a lie. The simple fact is that stupid oppressed people are the best revolutionaries. If you ant control, you need freedom. In America, presidents have long been viewed as real leaders to be trusted. Until Nixon, of course. That was a spike that began the ending. In the modern world, presidents are now viewed as people who can never be trusted. The parallel? The fact that every president since Regan has been acting more and more imperial. And in parallel, the economy and workability of the nation has been going down since.

If leaders are not smart enough to know this. Then maybe they deserve the results. Diabolical plans which are so lacking in historic lessons simply never work.

I for one hope the government is smarter. And I hope you know this now.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

what can we do?.
let them get on with it you cant stop the americans!!, they are kings and we are the pawns

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join