It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann to Join Palin at National Tea Party Convention

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The GOP has co opted any independance this movement ever had.
Let's face it, the Tea Party is never going to vote with Democrats!
Palin and Bachmann will simply say what they want to hear, claim they are returning to their roots as conservatives, and the Tea Partiers will eat it up.
The GOP has found they can easily manipulate the fundies and the TP'ers, they will do anything to regain power.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Time will tell but from I see now, any of the nooby policiticians (Palin etc) are far better for the US than what the hell is going on now.

If you think Obama, Dodd, Kerry, Pelosi, Reid, Frank etc (any KENNEDY) are the answers to our problems, I am dissappointed w/ the posters on this forum.

Where the US now is not a good place. I think it is time for a woman. The men have pretty much screwed the US royally....

What blows my mind even more is how the Press is DOWNPLAYING this last attempted terroist attack. Covering for Obama and his administration.

lastly, maybe Palin is just dumb enough not to Tax us to death and smart enough to realize we are at war with enemies that want to kill us all and will not treat them like it's citizens.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

If you think Obama, Dodd, Kerry, Pelosi, Reid, Frank etc (any KENNEDY) are the answers to our problems, I am dissappointed w/ the posters on this forum.

That's your opinion, but they did win the election.
Maybe they are not the "answer" if there is one, but it's for darn sure that the GOP isn't! It's MOST disappointing to me that anyone on this forum would think so after the debacle of the Bush years. To think Palin is any different, no matter how she postures herself is insane in my book,

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
... I think it is time for a woman.

Yes. I've thought that for years.

The question is, which woman? IMO McCain used poor judgment in not choosing the most qualified Republican woman. He went with looks, personality, and a connection with guns (hunting) and an evangelical God.

In 1980 I listened on radio to an elderly Republican woman at the Republican National Convention and found myself agreeing with her. Sadly, she said that her views were not being heard. In fact, her views have not been heard and have been silenced since in the GOP. And will definitely not be found in any GOP spin off!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

And as if the TPM didn't have enough troubles.....this surfaces.

washingtonindependent.com...

Think this connection to Palin/Bachmann won't be made in the elections this year.

Hay Desert, we should hire out as consultants to the TPM. Perhaps we can run interference for them so they don step in it so much.

I absolutely love American Politics. It's like watching the "Beverly Hillbilly's"

[edit on 4-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Wait, didn't they already do the movie version of this pairing???

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd9167db7965.jpg[/atsimg]

The density surrounding the venue should be sufficient to bend light around it... And what the Hell happened to this being a non-partisan grassroots movement??? Yeah right, like it ever was! Not a peep out of these 'Concerned Citizens' when Darth Cheney and The Emperor where ripping through our money like drunken sailors on shore leave, but the second a Democan't takes office... Typical Republicon maneuver!

Clowns to the Left of me, Jokers to the Right, here I am stuck in the middle and screwed!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

the TPM needs an Intervention, not just interference running!

In a way, the country has been taken hostage since 1980 by politicians favorable to corporate interests, but the doling out of niceties (promises of overturning RvW, elections on anti-gay/immigrant measures, bringing a theocracy to the land under fundamentalist leadership) have helped the captives to side with their captors, ala Stockholm Syndrome, even though they have suffered abuse at the policies of their political leaders.

We've gone from "Eat the rich!" to "I must make the rich richer (by giving my wealth to them) so they can help me!" We have gone from a nation proud of its communal efforts, to one where communal efforts, except those that favor corporate interest (current TPM), are deemed un-American and anti-individual freedom.

Unless the members of this thread's TPM turn their anger towards the corporate takeover of America, they will just continue to be captives.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This is why i left the TPM. It practically got hi-jacked the second the GOP heard that there was a grassroots effort against the new administration.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join