It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd craft

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I don't often post, but this seemed appropriate. This is a picture of something that floated by silently. It was here in the Uintah Basin of Utah close to the Skinwalker Ranch. Has anyone else seen any craft similar to this one? I have tried to find similar craft online, however haven't had much luck. Any insightful help would be appreciated.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Looks like a bird flying his wings in down stroke

Just what it looks like to me

Semper

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by theutahbigfoothunter

with the poor quality of the image i cant really guess.I tried to blow it up you can tell there is something hanging under the wing shape. If i had to take a guess i think it might be a para glider.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

If it was a bird you'd be able to see wings moving judging by how big the object is. What sort of movement, if any, did it have?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

The Blackberry 8310 has a 2mp sensor, which if I recall correctly has three image sizes. Was it taken with the smallest image size or is it a crop?

Also what shape was it? What time of day? What date? etc. It's very hard to go on the picture alone.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Zoomed in as far as it would go. Taken today 3:00 PM. Moving left to right and up.No flapping. Not a bird. At least 50 ft wide. Seemed to float. Thats as much info as I know. But I am intrigued by it. Also may have had writing on it possibly. Wish I would have had a better camera with me at the time, but as is so often the case did not.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
Zoomed in as far as it would go. Taken today 3:00 PM. Moving left to right and up.No flapping. Not a bird. At least 50 ft wide. Seemed to float. Thats as much info as I know. But I am intrigued by it. Also may have had writing on it possibly. Wish I would have had a better camera with me at the time, but as is so often the case did not.

I don't understand why the image is 336x248 pixels. The only reasons I can think of is that it's a) a crop or b) taken using a small picture setting or c) resized.

The Blackberry 8310 has, as far as I can see from available specifications, image sizes up to 1600x1200 pixels, which is far more useful for the purposes of identification.

Was the image cropped and/or is there a larger size available?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Not cropped at all. Just zoomed in as far as it would go. I can send it via text if necessary.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I just realized that "texting" may be against ATS rules and regulatons so please disregard previous post.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Not cropped at all. Just zoomed in as far as it would go. I can send it via text if necessary.

Here's a guy who takes photographs with his Blackberry 8310:

www.flickr.com...

It's pretty cool, he's got loads of nice shots, with resolutions up to 1588x1191 pixels. I would guess he's using the largest image size his Blackberry 8310 can use.

Was the picture taken with a small image setting? Some camera phones default to that for MMS text messages or other things where a small image size is preferable.

If that has happened it's no big deal, but I really would like to know if there is a larger image available.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Thanks for posting your picture, theutahbigfoothunter

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1359b38f320.jpg[/atsimg]

It looks like a large paraglider to me.

That would be consistent with the:

Lack of flapping

Floating

Large span

Perhaps it was something similar to this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b7c24e12858.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Good point

True. I agree. But where is the paraglider? However I agree its size is consistent.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Good point

True. I agree. But where is the paraglider? However I agree its size is consistent.

G'day again

Is that it, near the upper edge, peeking out from the back of the sail, sort of swinging upwards & backwards?

I tried to enlarge the picture & circle that for you, but the pixellation rendered that not useful.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I recommend zooming in on it

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I recommend zooming in on it

I just edited my post (above) to say that I tried to enlarge the picture & circle that for you, but the pixellation rendered that not useful.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I would 100% agree if I hadnt been looking at it. There seemed to be a metallic look at it and did not resemble fabric whatsoever. I do believe the size is somewhat close however. At least in my approximations it seemed to be in the 50 foot range. Many odd craft are seen in this area quite often. In fact nearly 50 percent of the population says theyve seen UFOs And I have never seen a paraglider here in the Basin. However I do appreciate the brainstorming. It is helping very much. The more info I have the better. Thanks!

[edit on 3-1-2010 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I would 100% agree if I hadnt been looking at it. There seemed to be a metallic look at it and did not resemble fabric whatsoever. I do believe the size is somewhat close however. At least in my approzimations it seemed to be in the 50 foot range. Many odd craft are seen in this area quite often. In fact nearly 50 percent of the population says theyve seen UFOs And I have never seen a paraglider here in the Basin. However I do appreciate the brainstorming. It is helping very much.

G'day again...

I can't find any references to hanggliders or paragliders with metal wings.

I also think the fold about a third of the way along is very straight & rather odd looking for a parasail.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Maybe ...Maybe not,

Your posts have been the most eye opening. In fact I now think there may be something to original wing theory which I first found hard to believe. Your additions and insight have been the most helpful by any stretch.I am now looking at something in a totally different way than I was before and appreciate your helpfulness. I am starting to see the craft as having more of an arc than I did before. Thank you

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Thank you for your kind words, theutahbigfoothunter.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Thats a para-sail;
You could see a little kite buggy under it, on the ground

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8744d8f91fb.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 3-1-2010 by DjSharperimage]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join