It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Change in Technology

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DeathShield

We already have flying cars

"Technology exists" is not quite the same as "in daily use."

they are essentially miniature tilt rotor craft that use ducted fans.

I assume you're referring to the Moller skycar. It's been discuss ed to death in lots of threads, but his vehicle is a totally failed concept that's been in works for decades without a production model, and even his demonstation models have problems like "can only hover 15 feet off the ground."

Terrafugia's Transition is a more promising design, but is not scheduled to actually be available until 2011.

None of this is close to my expectations of this sort of travel being the norm 10-20 years ago.

As far as moon colonies go we are well within our capabilities to make it real.

Yes, and we have been for how many decades now? That's kind of the point. I expected this stuff to already be happening. But it isn't. It's "well, we could do it we if chose to."

Ok, great. Why aren't we choosing to?

It only took eight years from deciding to land on the moon to landing on the moon.

plethora of political issues and would require lots of money in order to make it practical.

It's all about politics, yes. There's no shortage of money. All it would take for one president to say "instead of killing Iraqi's the year, we're going to put a colony on Venus." "Instead of bailing out insolvent banks, we're going to make roads obsolete because everything flies." "Instead of letting Rumsfeld carelessly lose 2 trillion dollars we're going to bio-engineer human being to be solar powered instead of needing to eat food."

Kennedy put us on the moon because it was politically expedient to compete with the russians.

How different could the world be if we were to simply say "we're going to do this because we want to?"

The difference between "Gah! Smaller transistors! There must be aliens afoot!" and "Why aren't we doing amazing things as a matter of course?" is simply a matter of perspective.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
i think its illegal illumaniti religion/science;

its illegal because if a group(illumaniti) believes in its works and others back engineer it they degrade it and make what was life a death component viewed only as technology of something of an object.

if a group of people continued on a path of works that was ancient in beginning and proceeded without/outside the progression of religion; i am sure the things they have come to view as life would be as alien as the form people take who attempt to progress in a non illuminati fashion(major religions?).

the pain of it all; is, if a high initiate in their sciences was caught in america of all places, a place supposedly founded on/by the thoughts of illuminati(ha!?), and his works back engineered would we not be interacting with higher forms of life that due to a dense perception seem non living?

all in all; i find the sacrifice of this initiate humorous and necessary for the expression of truth that no matter how many times a drone is attempting to be the form of a king; failure and success of the colony is always the outcome.not to go off topic, but since when does cutting a stone mean you are entitled to a form of life that is natural for one who is the capstone of form within sculpting "stone".

so i am sure what you are referring to OP is illuminati science being disrespected and back engineered by people who are supposedly americans; the irony.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Although i do believe that we are being influenced by and outer force if you like, i also believe that SIFI, play a large part in our tech, just one example, if you think of Star Treak, and some of the things they had, like, communicators, similar to our mobile phones, lasers and phasers, and it wouldn't surprise me if they are working on some kind of warp drive and transporter tech as well. I love it all though and cant wait for the next thing to come out, only problem is affording it at the time.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Point is : we have taken such a huge step in technology in the last say 50 to 60 years , going from vacuum tubes, to hand held cell phones that are now becoming more like your desktop PC. When in the history of mankind has technology ever seen a major advance as that ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join