It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I hate obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
Was this necessary? Does everyone make a thread on why they 'hate' Obama? I thought we had countless threads on Obama already, especially from you.

Since you brought it up, let's talk about the REAL reason you hate Obama, it's because you are racist, I think you've made that quite clear in your previous threads.

But I do have to concede this is a step-up for you Genius, you're actually speaking about the issues unlike your previous threads (listed below) so I will give you a star for effort.

oprah + obama=racism
Obama's 'gay lover' gets revenge
Does anyone else hate the way obama pronounces Pakistan.

I don't see what I overlooked that refutes you claiming the reason this person doesn't like Obama is because he's "racist".(Just because you said "this time" he's covering real issues.) You also claim that he has made his "racism" quite clear in the past.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I don't hate Obama, but how can you trust someone that doesn't smoke the same brand of cigarette?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit

Clunkers: Taxpayers paid $24,000 per car

link

Against my better judgement I am going to treat this like a rational OP.

Cash for Clunkers...first off Edmunds played with the numbers.
They say X number of cars "would of sold anyways" and then do the math with the additional sales that Cash for Clunkers created...according to thier estimates.

When they exclude cars that "would have sold anyways"

I have to say....They suck at forcasting how many cars would have sold. Last year was an unusually depressed economic time and NOBODY did a very good job of predicting how bad it would be.

How did they come to the estimate of how many cars would have sold anyways?

Data from previous (non-economic crisis years) AND they used LUXURY CAR SALES AS AN ESTIMATE ...

See here

To conduct the analysis, the Edmunds.com team of PhDs and statisticians examined the sales trend for luxury vehicles and others not included in Cash for Clunkers, and applied the historic relationship of those vehicles to total SAAR to make informed estimates.

Lord help me....The luxury car consumer is not the typical car buyer.
Someone who spends 75k-150k on their car is not representitive of the general car buyer AND previous sales years certaintly did not apply to last year. Bad...Bad...foundation for an estimate of what general populace car sales would have been last year..

Also ...as long as we are estimating C4C numbers....how many jobs were saved in the auto industry?
how about dealerships?
Do those people that kept their jobs spend that money?
How many vehicles with poor fuel efficiency were taken off the street?
What impact to national debt and consumer debt does that have?
How much will the consumer save in gas mileage?
What do they do with that savings?

The program was shut down after the government spent 2.88 billion dollars. The average clunker's MPG was 15.76, the average of the new cars was 24.9 MPG. If each of the 700 thousand cars was driven thirty thousand miles per year, the program will have succeeded in reducing gasoline consumption by 489 million gallons per year.

tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com...

Question....what does that increased fuel efficiency save Americans in year 1, 2, 3 etc.

What is the net reduction in cash flow to the middle east?

Taken to an extreme...if we used no oil what-so-ever...and had no need of military bases in Saudi Arabia and the rest of the middle east supporting those governments...no reason for Al-Quada to tell us they want us out of their "holy" land...no US military expense in the middle east or wars there...what would that save us in dollars?

Now divde by the number by gallons of gas the US consumes annually and figure out the price of gasoline...before actual lives are thrown into the math.

Now what does that increased fuel efficiency/less fuel consumption that cash for clunkers save the US in Dollars?

500 Million gallons per year...Cash for Clunkers fuel savings.
Beyond our "regular" defense budget, we spent about 200 Billion in just Iraq and Afhganistan in 08.
Americans use about 140 Billion gallons of gas each year.
So for each gallon of gas about 1.4 is spent in wars in the middle east making that gas possible.

So if C4C reduced gas consumption by 500 Million Gallons per year and gas averages 2.75 right now, plus the 1.4 per gallon we spend in military operations in the middle east...how much does C4C save the US in the first year? The second? etc.

I am just saying it doesn't hurt to think about all the numbers and factors that go into the math once in a while rather than simply looking for a political hit piece and screaming "I hate Obama".

[edit on 4-1-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
Was this necessary? Does everyone make a thread on why they 'hate' Obama? I thought we had countless threads on Obama already, especially from you.

Since you brought it up, let's talk about the REAL reason you hate Obama, it's because you are racist, I think you've made that quite clear in your previous threads.

But I do have to concede this is a step-up for you Genius, you're actually speaking about the issues unlike your previous threads (listed below) so I will give you a star for effort.

oprah + obama=racism
Obama's 'gay lover' gets revenge
Does anyone else hate the way obama pronounces Pakistan.

Why is it no one can dislike a black person without being called a racist? It's a ridiculous claim.
People who dislike Obama are the same people who more than likely disliked Bush too because......they're paying attention. (And when they didn't like Bush, they were referred to as terrorists)

Why can't people just not like someone anymore simply because they're looked upon as being dishonest????

Obama sucks.
Bush sucked
Clinton got sucked.
They're all the same.
Obama is the worse though because so many people had so much faith in him and he lied and spent more fiat money faster than any other president to date. Too bad he had to cut his 'paradise' vacation short and resume his role as PRESIDENT. But really, whether he's in Hawaii or Washington, he still continues to destroy this country and..........pissing off a lot of other countries too. I don't feel anymore protected or assured with Obama than I did Bush. So.............call me a racist terrorist too I guess!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

I don't see what I overlooked that refutes you claiming the reason this person doesn't like Obama is because he's "racist".(Just because you said "this time" he's covering real issues.) You also claim that he has made his "racism" quite clear in the past.

Just put your hand on the mouse and drag the little pointer on your screen to the link titled "oprah + obama=racism" and you will figure it out. Your a big boy.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 1/7/2010 by Uniceft17]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwoPhish

Why is it no one can dislike a black person without being called a racist?

Why can't anyone read a post before spouting the same drivel everytime they see the word racist around here.

It's a ridiculous claim.

Why is that? I laid the evidence down and you did nothing to refute it and instead went on a rant.

People who dislike Obama are the same people who more than likely disliked Bush too because......they're paying attention. (And when they didn't like Bush, they were referred to as terrorists)

Yes, key word more than likely. Your figuring it out....a little.

Why can't people just not like someone anymore simply because they're looked upon as being dishonest????

Who said they couldn't? I sure as hell didn't. Look through my post and thread history, I don't criticize or throw the so called 'race card' around lightly, the only member I've ever done it to is Genius ever since his little oprah + obama=racism thread and everyother little thing he complains about that obama does, like the way he pronounces a word.

Obama sucks.
Bush sucked
Clinton got sucked.
They're all the same.

Agreed!

So.............call me a racist terrorist too I guess!

Read before you reply.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
damn double post again.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by Uniceft17]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hate is such a strong word to use when talking about people like this..
But I get what you are saying, and understand why you are frustrated, and mostly put up HATE to get more people to come into your thread..

The truth is Obama is just a puppet. Like those before him to run this country.. The president is merely a front man, who honestly has little power when it comes to the real deals of this world..

I would focus those emotions you to find the source of your hate...

Obama is a tool.. So to hate Obama is playing into the hands of his masters!
The masters and handlers know they get off scott free, as all their plans and actions will fall upon the puppet..

Obama did make alot of empty promises.. But does this really come as a shocker?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I voted for him and I don`t like him, but I won`t vote for him again. He is doing everything I think is wrong. Bank bailouts, shoving healthcare reform through with help of the Democrats. Raised my smokes to 7.00 a pack and he smokes but I guess he can afford it.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It does not matter what you fear Obama might do or what you fear his intentions might be. History has shown that even when the administration actually manipulated the people and congress into a false war, commits torture, illegal domestic spy programs, outing a U.S. spy for political reason, and firing U.S. Attorneys for disagreeing, etc.... Nothing happens.

Anyway, rant over... go ahead and continue your pointless, short-sighted, highly partisan and FOX News manipulated b*tch-fest.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
There's no reason to hate Obama, really. He's nothing but a mouthpiece. Bitch about Obama and Bush all you want but congress is the one that's screwing this country into the ground, plain and simple.

Legislation doesn't get to the president unless it passes through congress first, so look there. TARP! Damn you Bush! Guess what? The votes in the house and senate could have defeated it but nooooo. Guess who voted for it more favorably. Democrats. Does anyone remember the original TARP bill being defeated in the congress and good old Obama speaking up, saying we had to do something? He talks about inheriting this mess but he voted for TARP just like most of the dems.

As far as the OP goes, he's within his right to malign Obama because he signed off on the programs mentioned which are basically smoke and mirrors boosts to the economy but they went through congress first. No, they were shoved through congress first. C4C, the housing credit, the "Stimulus" in general, all shoved through congress like a hunk of beef through the meat grinder. People always like to place their blame at the top because that's the most visible place. Cancer doesn't start at the top, it works it's way from a single point and spreads.

As far as news sources go, one is no more guilty or credible than the rest. Some might go over the top but others disregard, downplay or report only one side. There is media bias but if you think that isn't a sword that cuts both ways, you're just a fool with blinders on. CNN has more credibility? Why? Because they were the first cable news network? Network news used to have some credibility but that was before they were all owned by corporations. Get it through your heads, folks. The primary sources for your information on television are owned by corporations that are controlled by a single individual at the top whose sole interest is making money, not informing you.

In the end, the state of this country isn't Obama's fault, it isn't Bush's fault. It's the fault of every American who is complacent and doesn't pay attention to politics until the sh!t hits the fan. It's the fault of every American who votes for a letter next to a candidate's name rather than what they stand for. It's the fault of every American who votes to keep someone out because of their party rather than what they stand for. It's not on Obama, it's not on Bush, it's on you and I.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Obama. The man who everyday is stripping our freedoms and spitting upon the constitution. The man who was put before us to appear as the much needed breath of fresh air as opposed to the man before him - and we all bought it hook line and sinker. I could care less about cash for clunkers. What burns me is that our freedoms are being ripped out from under us by him. Old Georgie boy wasn't near as dumb as he made himself out to be. Watch some of the videos of him running and campaigning for governor of Texas. It's night and day from what he was in the White house. Pre-controlled opposition. Make one look bad to except the other in a nutshell. And as hard as it is to say, I kind of miss George now in retrospect. But in a veeerrryyy small way.

youtu.be...

And I don't support Romney either.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I think we can all agree that politicians just suck. They all act as if they are working for the same people and those people aren't American patriots. There's nothing good that has come out of this administration, and there's very little good that has come out from any administration in the past (insert how many years you think so here).

But let's be honest, who here has the balls to go against the government and tell them that they are doing it wrong? We can all sit here and complain or we could actually stand up and do something about it. The choice is all of ours but we decide to just sit around and do whatever it is we do everyday until we've been milked or stripped dry. By then, we'll probably be completely defenseless against tyranny or something like that.

So go on, create more posts on how much you hate Obama, but until you're willing to step up to the plate and do something about it, you're just unnecessarily preaching to the choir.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join