It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical scholar's date for rapture: May 21, 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopdog
everyone should stop short of attacking a particular group because you don't agree with that groups beliefs.

So we shouldn't attack the KKK for their beliefs because they believe that black people are sub-human and do not deserve to live in the Untited States and should go back to Africa?

I don't agree with their beliefs and I have no problem attacking and exposing them for their ignorance the same way I have no problem attacking and exposing "CHRISTIANS" for their ignorance and hatred of anyone who isn't exactly like them.

Everyone who has a 'belief' needs to grow up a little.

People who say " I am a ____" really need to give themselves more credit.
The ONLY thing you ARE is infinate consciousness. That's IT!!!!! Everyting else is a label that YOU gave YOURSELF!!!! Let go of your massive ego's for a moment and stop identifying with this world so much. You are NOT a Christian!!!!! You are infinite consciousness partaking in a finite experience!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Can anybody show me where in the bible it mentions the word 'rapture' ?????

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
In the Christian world-view, or at least in the extreme variant of it espoused in the article brought to our attention by the OP, is there such a thing as Extraterrestrial life?

If not, why would God go to the trouble of creating such a vast universe, with uncountable trillions of stars and planets, only to end it all before the one sentient species had a chance to leave the one planet they inhabited?

And if there is life on other worlds, what does God think of those species? Did each one get a Christ, and will they all be raptured simultaneously? Or are we the one lucky planet of all the trillions out there-- are we and we alone "saved"? is every other species in the Universe doomed to eternal Hellfire?

Why us? Why is the speed of our planet's orbit around our star so crucial to the calculation of the date of the end-time?

Either God wasted a butt-ton of effort in creating the Universe, or He cares way too much about Humans, if He's gonna wipe out a billion sentient species because one of them likes to fight and f**k a little bit too much. Which one is it, Christians? I am genuinely curious.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kee7777

Actually if you look in the original Hebrew you can find a word that means RAPTURE- caught up in the air is a description of the word rapture, the Bible doesn't use the word Bible so are you going to throw out your Bible, don't be ignorant.

There is plenty of proof in the Bible that the believers will be gone before the tribulation. "Ek" or out of is used plenty of time is the original hebrew, and it is used in context to say we will be taken out of in order to not go through the wrath of the tribulation. I think its funny that people don't study enough, they stop when they think they have an answer they want to hear and then generate their own opinion or go on some one else's opinion. Instead, study for your self...prove to me that the Bible is wrong to me and I will throw it out..Over 1/3 of the bible is prophetic and most of it has come to pass to this day with an amazing 100% accuracy. I will continue to study and try to prove it wrong my self but hey, help if you can.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
How he (they) came up with this date is beyond ridiculous. There is no rhyme or reason to any of it. Not to mention (for the bazillionth time) that the bible says no man knows the day or hour.

While we do not know the day or hour, we certainly can know the season, or approximate years he might return. Certainly, when the Great Tribulation does start, we can know to a certain extent, because the Tribulation ends with the Last Trumpet, and this is the trumpet that the first Resurrection / Second Coming occurs.

It should be noted, that it is IMPOSSIBLE for Christ to return in 2011 or 2012, because certain prophecies have simply NOT occurred yet, that happen at the outset of the Great Tribulation. (things like sacrifices in Jerusalem re-started, no Beast Leader has showed up yet, no False Prophet has showed up yet, no 10 nation union, no mark of beast...so many things, do these people even read their bibles??)

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kee7777

Can anybody show me where in the bible it mentions the word 'rapture' ?????

Comes from the word "rapio" / "rapiemur" in the Latin Vulgate in 1 Thessalonians 4:17

After all, people who claim this (as other posters) that it's not, is technically correct -- if looking at their English bibles. However the Bible was not written in English. It was written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.

Later it was translated into various languages, including English.

Latin was just one of the first translations.

Latin vulgate version: deinde nos qui vivimus qui relinquimur simul rapiemur cum illis in nubibus obviam Domino in aera et sic semper cum Domino erimus

"Rapiemur" was the word chosen when translating from the Greek text "ἁρπάζω" or better known as "harparzo" in our tongue, which means "caught up" in general, or to be more specific on the concordance:

1) to seize, carry off by force
2) to seize on, claim for one's self eagerly
3) to snatch out or away

Therefore, the word "rapture" is transliterated from a very real Latin word.

Whither or not you believe in such things is inconsequential to your question, however, I did not want you to remain in ignorance as to the origin of the word and it's location in the Latin translation of the scriptures.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Jesus said, "...of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." Matthew 24:36

Real Christians don't set dates.

what about year?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Look at his calculations in the article. He bases his numbers off the Gregorian calender and solar years (approximately 365.25 days a year). This is doomed to failure because the length of a 'prophetic year' mentioned in the Bible is 360 days (based on lunar cycles).

Thumbs up here Ashley. You're obviously well studied and understand the 360 day prophetic calendar. You earned that blue star.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Here is a thought, in Revelation 6:12 it says the sun will go black and the moon will be turned blood red. This is after the tribulation has started. In 2015, it has been predicted that a Lunar eclipse, in which the moon will be turned to a red color will happen. Back in the day, there had to be two witnesses to point out the beginning of the new month. The sign was the first silver sliver of the moon in the sky. They needed two eye witness accounts because no one knew the day or the hour that it would show. It could have been before midnight or after midnight obviously. Is there a chance that we could possibly narrow down the 2nd coming to two possible days, but not know which one? Another thing to think about is that it could be before midnight on a saturday in the US but in another part of the world it is a Sunday...something to think about

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

No offense but REAL Christians don't judge other by their actions or sins..Of course I am a hypocrite too!! lol

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Well he is using the solar calander and this concerns me. The true calander laid out in the Bible is the one we need to use to calculate the end times IMO. In Matthew 24:15 Jesus says there will be an Abomination of Desolation that Daniel the profit talked about (Meaning Isreal will become a nation again) and this happened in 1947 then went into affect in 1948, then Jesus goes on to say in Matthew 24:34 That one generation will not pass till all things will be fullfilled. OK a generation in the Bible is 70 years so add 70 years to 1947/1948 and you get 2017/2018. Then we know the tribulation is to last 7 years so subract 7 from 2017/2018 and you get 2010/2011 so I do believe we are aproaching some rough roads.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

OH GREAT!! Here we go yet again!!! Another so called 'expert' has figured out the date that the world will end! BULL FECES!!!

Can we go just ONE FRIGGIN' MONTH without one of these BS 'we figured out the Rapture' threads??????????

Well, mark my words! On May 22, 2011, I'm going to come back to this very thread, and in HUGE letters have the pleasure of saying:

IT WAS PURE BS!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

[/rant]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

This will not happen. Jesus was supposed to return during the lives of the people he told about his return. This was 2000 years ago. They're dead now. I predict, without numbers, that he won't be back.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

well if you read the bible and research for your self you will learn other wise.
Jesus said that he would come after you see these things.

-vast increase of knowledge
-global government, global economy, global religion
-people posing as God or son of God
-many earthquakes occurring globally
-famines, disease, pestilences
-wars and rumors of wars
-terrorism

of course we have seen these things in the past but not ALL at once and not to this extent

He also said when he comes, every eye shall see him
(the only way is with internet and tv)
-A fig tree is used tons of times to represent Israel, which is explained
and Jesus said that once Israel becomes a Nation, which happened in 1948, and Jerusalem was taken over in 1967, that not one generation would pass and you will see all these things come to pass, right before Jesus comes back
-For over 2000 years the Jews have been spread across all the nations of the world, mentioned in the bible, and they would be reunited in THEIR land of Israel and stand like a rock.
-There are about 14 million Jews, and over 50 million muslims surrounding Israel and God said that they would be attacked from all sides, North, South, East and West, and they were victorious, nothing will take Israel away from the Jews again.

7 years before Jesus returns, the world will go through a tribulation period which starts with a 7 year peace treaty...

Don't take my word for it, study for your self

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
A tribulation rapture is un-biblical to say the least. Where in the bible does it say that Christians have a “get out of the End Times free card”? Wishful thinking by certain ministers to scratch the itching ears of their congregations. Futurism is nothing more then counter-reformation propaganda created by the Jesuit Order, and spread by the Zionist run media into the independent churches because it lends support to a rebuilt Jewish temple. How independent churches can sit and make claims about the evils of roman catholicism, yet believe doctrine that comes directly from their counter-reformation efforts baffles me, and shows just how badly trained many of these ministers are.

A History of the Foundation of Futurism and Preterism
For some time following the launching of the Reformation, Roman Catholic leadership carefully avoided exposition of the prophecies of Daniel and the Apocalypse. They seemed unable to parry the force of the incriminating Protestant applications of the prophecies concerning Antichrist, which were undermining the very foundations of the Catholic position. Upon the first outbreak of Luther's antipapal protest two Catholic doctors, Prierias and Eck, in the true spirit of the Fifth Lateran Council (1512-1517), had boldly reasserted the Lateran theory and declared the papal dominion to be Daniel's fifth monarchy, or reign of the saints, and identified the existing Roman church with the New Jerusalem.
But the reformers, with declarations by pen and voice, forcefully stated that the Papacy was the specified Antichrist of prophecy. The symbols of Daniel, Paul, and John were applied with tremendous effect. Hundreds of books and tracts impressed their contention upon the consciousness of Europe. Indeed it gained so great a hold upon the minds of men that Rome, in alarm, saw that she must successfully counteract this identification of Antichrist with the Papacy, or lose the battle. The Jesuits were summoned to aid in the extremity, and cleverly provided the very method needed both for defense and for attack.
From the ranks of the Jesuits two stalwarts arose, determined to lift the stigma from the Papacy by locating Antichrist at some point where he could not be applied to the Roman church. It was clearly a crisis of major proportions.

Two Conflicting Alternatives Brought Forth
Rome’s answer to the Protestant Reformation was twofold, though actually conflicting and contradictory. Through the Jesuits Ribera, of Salamanca, Spain, and Bellarmine, of Rome, the Papacy put forth her futurist interpretation. Almost simultaneously Alcazar, Spanish Jesuit of Seville, advanced the conflicting preterist interpretation. These were designed to meet and overwhelm the Historical interpretation of the Protestants. Though mutually exclusive, either Jesuit alternative suited the great objective equally well, as both thrust aside the application of the prophecies from the existing Church of Rome. The one (preterism) accomplished it by making prophecy stop altogether short of papal Rome's career. The other (futurism) achieved it by making it overleap the immense era of papal dominance, crowding Antichrist into a small fragment of time in the still distant future, just before the great consummation. It is consequently often called the gap theory.
According to the Protestants, the vision of Babylon and the supporting Beast is divinely interpreted in chapter 17 of the Apocalypse. It was on this that the Reformers commonly rested their case—the apostate woman, the Roman church; the city, seven-hilled Rome; the many waters, the many peoples; the Beast, the fourth, or Roman beast of Daniel; the sixth head, the Caesars; and the seventh, the popes.
Roman Catholics as well as Protestants agree as to the origin of these interpretations. The Roman Catholic writer G.S. Hitchcock says:
1)“The Futurist School, founded by the Jesuit Ribera in 1591, looks for Antichrist, Babylon, and a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem, at the end of the Christian dispensation.
2)“The Praeterist School, founded by the Jesuit Alcasar in 1614, explains the Revelation by the Fall of Jerusalem, or by the fall of Pagan Rome in 410 A.D.” (G.S. Hitchcock, The Beasts and the Little Horn, p. 7.)

Francisco Ribera (1537-1591) was a Jesuit doctor of theology, born in Spain, who began writing a lengthy commentary in 1585 on the book of Revelation (Apocalypse) titled In Sacrum Beati Ioannis Apostoli, & Evangelistiae Apocalypsin Commentarij, and published it about the year 1590. He died in 1591 at the age of fifty-four, so he was not able to expand on his work or write any other commentaries on Revelation. In order to remove the Catholic Church from consideration as the antichrist power, Ribera proposed that the first few chapters of the Apocalypse applied to ancient pagan Rome, and the rest he limited to a yet future period of 3 1/2 literal years, immediately prior to the second coming. During that time, the Roman Catholic Church would have fallen away from the pope into apostasy. Then, he proposed, the antichrist, a single individual, would:

Rome invented Futurism... The kicker is that Rome itself rejects Futurism and instead follow Preterism which is closer to Historicism. See Rome is so distinctly pointed out in prophecy that even the Roman Catholic Church cannot remove it entirely and is forced to only try and limit the “End Times” years to either past events or some point in the future. They prefer to use the past method as their official word on the end times due to its similarity with historicism. A lot of Christians who follow Futurist interpretations are in for a shocker when they discover that we have been in the “tribulation period” for almost 2000 years, and are very near the end with no rapture happening thus far. This rapture stuff is nothing more the part of the Great Deception that has been push on many Christian Protestants by one of the very Beasts of prophecy, Rome!

Feel free to pass this along to this Pastor, in fact invite him here to debate it.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983
This will not happen. Jesus was supposed to return during the lives of the people he told about his return. This was 2000 years ago. They're dead now. I predict, without numbers, that he won't be back.

No Israel was to be destroyed in the lifetimes of that generation, which it was. Remember that it starts out with them talking about the Temple, and Christ tells them that not one stone will remain on top of another. That happened 30'ish years later in 70ad. The Disciples misunderstood that, and thought that both the end of the world, the destruction of Israel, the end of an age, and the return of Christ would happen at the same time. Christ never said that it would happen that way though.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by The Lord and Savior

Can you post anything without cussing?I really don't like reading these
words and I'm sure that I'm not the only one!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

Israel is NOT the abomination of desolation you posted.It will be a MAN,
who will stand in the third temple and declare himself God.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Jesus said, "...of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." Matthew 24:36

Real Christians don't set dates.

You know it, lol. I'm surprised so many Christians always except the end to be whenever they want it. Christianity has been going down the drain for a long time. Always expecting to get what they want, when they want. To quote Adam Yahiye Gadahn after he lost favor of Christianty "apocalyptic ramblings" to be "paranoid" and hollow.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well, Jesus was an alien. And the aliens are being revealed in 2012.

Therefore, this guy is obviously wrong. Sheesh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join