It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Mr X", a former UFO archivist Dead at 48

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
So the message to any future whistle blower is don't bother you wont be believed or listened too unless you have hard evidence , and if you have evidence then you will probably be put in jail for breaking your oath and theft .
On with the status quo then .

I think you're over-simplifying it a bit. Here's a run-down of US government secrecy as applies to whistle-blowers now:

www.llrx.com...

I was quite shocked at how extensive secrecy is in the US, especially if official NDAs are taken into account. As a UK citizen I'm not in a position to mock too much, because we've got everything from the Official Secrets Act, to the DA-Notice system, and possibly the worst libel law in the free world.

However, in theory, on either side of the Atlantic there are exemptions for information in the public good, or exposing wrongdoing. In theory.

The message is that Mr X likely wasn't a whistle-blower because in his situation he would have faced the full weight of the state. Which, aside from the extremely dubious story he weaves, is another reason to suspect he's a liar.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I remember watching his interview a few years ago, sad to hear he passed away!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee

Do I believe he was secretly killed? absolutely. not by governments, or agencies, but by cholesterol from years at McDonalds and fast foods. Then stressed himself out pretending to be on the lamb, and then died from sodium build up, cholesterol, and exhaustion.

it is exhausting looking for that kind of attention you know.

ROFL!

That's comedy gold mate!

IRM

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

just a series of my opinions [ in handy bullet points ]

1 - the first big ` red flag ` in the mr-x case was the scope and volume of the information he allegedly had access to [ this runs driectly counter to the alleged " compartmentalisation " that supposedly divides ufo data

ufology cannot have it both ways .

2 - [ really 1b ] - the very fact that a random ` defence contractor ` would have such unfettered access to ` RAW DATA ` and origional documents relating to alleged UFO cases - there is no rational reason to allow such a contractor to have ` background ` material

there is a maxim in intelligence work - NEVER disclose your raw data or its sources - ONLY EVER disseminate analysis of it

top topics

<< 1   >>

join