It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 million Egyptians to be affected by climate change

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by heyo

What I find puzzling is that we're still only talking about CO2. As if that were the only way that our footprint impacts climate change. Doesn't that seem a bit bizarre to anyone else? Surely, numerous things that we're currently doing on this earth are effecting climate change.

Agreed. However, co2 is reportedly the main culprit. Deforestation and other proven environmental problems were ignored in Copenhagen...wonder why that is????

Originally posted by unityemissions
You say solar, I say both. We're interacting with the potentials for change stemming from outside influences. To think that we have no influence seems just as absurd as to say we are the sole influence.

It's not a matter of both imo. It's probably any number of a choice of hundreds of potential causes. No one is saying that we have zero influence. People who've not been sucked in by the propaganda believe our impact is small enough to allow further research and solutions that don't involve the blatant redistribution of wealth-a concept that is touted by the same people behind the agw scare.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Egypts climate has been changing for thousands of years.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny Arrogance

How does a 100 m a year demonstrate what is normal?
C-mon guys yer gonna have to do better than this.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Their is nothing to "Do better than" about. Beaches erode. Deltas change. The coastline is like that. It is not forever like a diamond.

Global warming is a hoax, a lie, a fraud, FAKE

Whats sad is that they had better propaganda pushing their case than the scientific evidence they invented to support it. The world is not getting hotter only the scientists thermometer is getting warmer.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Flakey

well as you wish, but thanx for the response. AS the UFO posters believe they have a reality, I stick by the FACT that planet IS warming.. Carry on peoples.. thank you for your input. Cheers. gotta go

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Oh, climate change is real. It's just that there isn't anything any of us are going to do about it. This is what happens to the earth, check the fossil record.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flakey
I read the emails. Global warming is a lie. Climate change is not a global end of life disaster. This article represents to me, a bias of poor journalism that cooperates with the liars of the scientific community.

DENY IGNORANCE!

I see you don't practise what you preach.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flakey
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Their is nothing to "Do better than" about. Beaches erode. Deltas change. The coastline is like that. It is not forever like a diamond.

Global warming is a hoax, a lie, a fraud, FAKE

No it's not.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Climate change is a reality - It is happening all the time. The point is that it has absolutely nothing to do with human activity - and no human activity will change or prevent it.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Can someone please tell me what the Sam Hill is "climate change"?Is it warming?Is it cooling?Is it warming in some spots and cooling in others?
Is it a farce?I vote farce!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Global warming is evaporating more moisture into the atmosphere - resulting in more rain in certain areas. In North-Western Europe more fresh water is flowing through rivers into the Atlantic, causing some disruption to the Gulf Stream which generally warms the area around the UK. This is just one example where global warming is creating cooler conditions. Effects will differ around the globe.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Adamus]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adamus
Global warming is evaporating more moisture into the atmosphere - resulting in more rain in certain areas. In North-Western Europe more fresh water is flowing through rivers into the Atlantic, causing some disruption to the Gulf Stream which generally warms the area around the UK. This is just one example where global warming is creating cooler conditions. Effects will differ around the globe.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Adamus]
Thank you for that. It is that very statement that most cannot understand why there is more snow in some places and rain. Therefor giving the misconception there is no melting going on. I think some should do a little more research into the NORTH ATLANTIC CURRENT. But of course that will be an big debate also..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join