It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telepathy with Certain People

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I really wanted to post this because it's been on my mind forever...

Anyway, do any of you guys experience moments where you wonder if you telepathically connected to certain people?

With me i've always been very close to my mom. There are many times where a thought/question enters my head, and i ask my mom this thought/question. VERY often she laughs and says "i was about to ask you that!" The same goes vice versa too, when i'm thinking of something and my mom asks me about it. For example, one time when my mom & i were making dinner, i was thinking about this issue in one of my classes with "Mr. Johnson", and my mom asks literally a few seconds later "How's have things been in Mr.Johnson's class? Any issues?". This type of thing happens atleast once a day, and has always been occurring throughout my life. I always have attributed it to mother's intuition, but a few neighbors pointed out recently that it's out of the ordinary that we both seem to "pick on each other's thoughts".

I don't know how much i buy into the starseed theory, but it certainly would explain a lot of things if my mom & i were both "starseeds", and were somehow connected on a subconscious level. Idk, it's just a theory but I know i show almost all the "attributes" of starseeds, and my mom shows a lot also...

Do any of you guys experience something similar to this? I'd love to hear your stories. What do you think of my situation?

[edit on 2-1-2010 by mossme89]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have had similar incidents of serial coincidence with some friends, but I chock it up to familiarity, comfort level, and the natural pattern-seeking behavior of the human mind.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I've done similar things with my sister for a long time. If one of us is really upset over something and/or hurting, the other one gets a feeling and calls. One of us will think something and the other will say it or call. One of us will get a bad feeling and the other one is having a rough day. It gets pretty creepy sometimes, honestly. Especially since she's quite a bit younger than me so it's not like we have a twin-bond thing going on.

Can't say I've ever heard of the starseed theory, but I'd imagine it's probably about as reliable as the indigo one. I just chock it up to being close to my sister, though I've been told we're closer than siblings usually are. We just make a joke of it and say "It's like we have ESPN or something." (Movie reference there, for those who don't recognize the line.
)

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I beleive there is strong evidence for the Psi ability for telelpathy especially when you hear cases about identical twins etc

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Actually I had a link like that with an ex-girlfriend. Lots of crazy things happened paranormal between us and around us. Every time we had relationship problems paranormal activity in my place would go crazy
She always claimed something in my house [other than my cat] did not like her. Then I had a dream where she told me something that I needed to know and when I told her about it she got pale and admitted that she had been trying to figure out how to tell me
In day to day life we often completed each others sentences and knew when the other was upset from across town. I honestly cannot think of a more intimate relationship ever in my life. Kinda spooky at times.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
mossme
A lot of women in my life seem to have similar connections. Some much more involved, like past lives and dreams that come true. One was heavy into Edgar Casey.
At first I thought it was all bull.
So I looked into daja vu, ESP and channeling. Well anything that seemed to operate like radio.
Transmit and receive. I put daja vu in the visual, subconscious and conscious arenas.
The brain works on electrical energy although at very low frequencies, more like sonar than radio.
Be that as it may, they are transmittable and receive able. Possibly the thought processes happens at higher more easily transmitted and received frequencies. The power of the transmitter allows for a stronger signal.
Tuning is the most important.
I do not subscribe to much in the super natural aspects, as I think there usually are tangible ways to explain most anything.
Long story short. I think that if two brains are tuned to exactly the same frequency and conditions are right,
information can be transferred.
I know something allows it to happen. It has happened to me. Only twice. With the same person.
I was never the receiver but the transmitter. HONEST she knew exactly what I was thinking at exactly the same time. No I wasn't messin.
Donny

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Any idea what she is thinking these days? LOL

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Most of this can be explained with just a little logic. If you're genetically similar to someone, you may have the same type of thought processes. Also, if you're close to someone, you will spend a great deal of time with them and learn to intuit what they would be thinking. I think this is just intuition. I do the same where I look at people in the eyes briefly and answer to what they were just about to tell me before they even start. It's nothing special, just intuition.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
There is a lot of scientific evidence to back this up.

I can also tell you that people with high degrees of dissociation tend to be able to tune into others much easier.

I have a friend who feels pain if her significant other gets hurt.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The thing about telepathy though is that what if you say something bad in your head even though you didn't mean it? Is there no privacy with telepathy?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I believe this to be possible. One of my buddies and I lived down the hall from each other. Worked all day together, partied together. When he wasn't there, I was able to tell when he would be phoning someone that I was with when he wasn't there. Twice I said he was calling and within seconds he did. It freaked people out.

To describe it? It was like feeling exactly how you feel when you're dialing someones number, except you are aware you are not yourself, but the other person. lasts a split second. Meh it's hard to describe.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think it's pretty common, especially with people you're really close to. My husband and I go through this all the time. Nothing terribly out of the ordinary.

For instance, I had an urge out of nowhere to bake brownies a couple weeks ago. I don't even like sweets and didn't want them. I just got up and started making them. My husband got home about an hour later and told me he had been craving brownies and was going to make some when he got home. But there they were.

Or I'll be at home and realize we're out of something I need and hubby just happens to come home with it after work. Or he'll come home singing some song that is 30 years old and I would have had that same song stuck in my head all day, too, from out of nowhere.

Little things like that.

[edit on 1/3/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
When you share similar experiances... and similar memories.... why wouldnt stimulus provoke similar thoughts and reactions.

doesnt sound to magical to me... just logic, but of course im wrong... and there are magic powers people can gain... givin to them by god to fight satan.

sigh........

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
My wife and I have moments like this sometimes. Ours are much more audible. My wife has actually heard my thoughts. Out loud. One time we were about to take a shower. She was in the bathroom and I was still on the other side of the wall in the bedroom. I was just about to ask her where my towel was and she suddenly says, "It's in here on the rack." I peeked around the door and was like, "What?" She says, "On the rack." I said, "I didn't say anything..." She said, "Yeah you did. You asked where your towel was." It was very weird. I pointed out that I think she just heard my thoughts, she got turned on, and well, the rest is history

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
NM. Must behave.

[edit on 1/3/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

its all connected. It is the reason for religion. Magical powers that one can gain to controll his reality and no longer be at the mercy of causality.

I understand the power of faith and walk a very fine line. To take away somones belief in magical things/telepathy/prayer/telekenisis/astral travel, would be devestating for alot of people. Many will make the choice to die. Many are choosing to die as we speak.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Hey just maybe we are not these separated, lonely Bodies that walk around with flesh covering their mind with the private thoughts that they think.
I think we all might be one symbiotic Spirit of life that thought of the idea of separation and realised what a total big mistake it made and is now afraid to go back home to Prime source lest it gets angry at us for leaving home where there were needs, wants and where there was total pure infinite love.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I know exactly what you are talking about. One of my friends who I can say is my best friend or we say soul sisters, and I are like this. I have only known her about two years and we do this a lot. Other people have made comments about it too. We laugh about it but it happens everytime we are around each other pretty much. I also get this with my sister but, we are identical twins and that I know is common among twins.....so to me it's very odd to have something I have always had with my twin with someone I have only known a couple years. I would say that she and I are much more a like than my sister and I. It does weird me out sometimes but I have always wonder about certain people in my life. I feel there is some reason we are friends and some really odd circumstances on how we met...I just feel we were meant to be friends as silly as that sounds, it's the first time i ever had a friend where I felt they really got me and didnt judge anything I did.
Another thing is I have always been very intuitive since I was younger. Sometimes it freaks me out but most times it just makes me smile inside.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
I really wanted to post this because it's been on my mind forever...

Anyway, do any of you guys experience moments where you wonder if you telepathically connected to certain people?

With me i've always been very close to my mom. There are many times where a thought/question enters my head, and i ask my mom this thought/question. VERY often she laughs and says "i was about to ask you that!" The same goes vice versa too, when i'm thinking of something and my mom asks me about it. For example, one time when my mom & i were making dinner, i was thinking about this issue in one of my classes with "Mr. Johnson", and my mom asks literally a few seconds later "How's have things been in Mr.Johnson's class? Any issues?". This type of thing happens atleast once a day, and has always been occurring throughout my life. I always have attributed it to mother's intuition, but a few neighbors pointed out recently that it's out of the ordinary that we both seem to "pick on each other's thoughts".

I don't know how much i buy into the starseed theory, but it certainly would explain a lot of things if my mom & i were both "starseeds", and were somehow connected on a subconscious level. Idk, it's just a theory but I know i show almost all the "attributes" of starseeds, and my mom shows a lot also...

Do any of you guys experience something similar to this? I'd love to hear your stories. What do you think of my situation?

[edit on 2-1-2010 by mossme89]

I have had plenty of synchronistic events occur over the last few years. Many similar to what you have encountered.

I will be thinking about something and within minutes a family member will approach me and begin to discuss exactly what was on my mind.

These events have become so frequent that it is nearly impossible to classify them as nothing more than a mere coincidence.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

As you can imagine what the message was
Since shortly after we parted ways, I have not had anything like that since. It has only been about a year and a half
I like having my thoughts back yo myself

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join