It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk of Armed Revolution on ATS Inappropriate

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I personally haven't seen anyone mention a presidential assassination. I'm not saying you are making it up though.
There is a distinct difference between being a revolutionary and being an assassin. I agree with the idea of a revolution, but I'm afraid that others (as many have mentioned on this thread) will log off ATS and then sit around and do nothing, even thought they say they will fight. I completely DISAGREE with the assassination of the president, although I also disagree with almost everything he has done thus far.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
as an outcast citizen who is impoverished by the corporate government of america, i find that our system of government is not only fraudulent, doesn't understand proper utilization of natural materials, but also keeps it's citizens under an iron fist. i believe that a revolution should be fought once provoked. some people may say "oh he'll just post and then go sit on his butt and watch t.v." hopefully that's what some do. some people may want to revert back to the 1800's, some may try to rebuild the ruins of their dwelling. i wouldn't want to go x amount of miles to kill one tyrant nor will i let my local militia to fight for it's rights without me getting a piece of the action. if there are nato troops in this country, if the government is trying to control the poor, destitute, hungry people who reject "the system" then not only do i feel offended, and oppressed i might not lie down and assume the position like so many others who choose safety over freedom. revolution YES assassination NO. life after or pending revolution MAYBE

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
On 9/11/2001, the U.S. government started a war against its own citizens by killing 3000 people in a massive domestic terrorist attack.

People say the economy hurts us all, but didn't they get a bailout while we were left to pull ourselves up by our boot straps? They say war requires sacrifice, but it seems the sacrifice only comes from the poor fighting for the rich.

Is it right that old rich men should have young lesser privileged men and women kill and die for them?

They use us, they make us suffer, they make us die, and they make us pay for their mistakes, and then they patronize us by telling us our ability to endure all this suffering is what makes us great.

F*ck them.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I agree. Fruther, not many Americans seem to understand their Freedom of Speech. In no way does that right extend to people talking on Web sites like this -- ATS has the right to determine the scope and epth of any topic being banded about through its servers. Private sector "censoring" is never a violation of the Freedom of Speech.

And in the more general sense, I would bet that 90% of those whoe would talk of armed revolution has never once sought peaceful means of redress afforded to them in the Constitution, such as lawfully assembling to protest, letters to the editors, writing their elected officials, etc. In most cases, it is just childish egoism, immature chest-beating by the angry and the ignorant.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
is there anything else we shouldnt discuss?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
we shouldn't discuss repressing others opinions nor should people talk of murdering one another. i mean i have points in time where i say to myself "someone just assassinate that president he's a clone of the other one" but will i do it? only if he's stealing my t.v.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You don't like how the last election turned out? Become more politically active. Are all politicians inherently corrupt? Run for office and give us someone who is honest. You don't like the current administration's legislation? Draft some legislation and present that to your elected Representatives, but please stop whining and threatening violence. At least here. Say whatever you want down in your bunker or in the church parking lot.

See here is where we have a problem. The way that the system is set up, there is no way to be heard, look what happened with the 08 election, Ron Paul was not given even close to any air time, while Obama was glorified at every showing. The way things are now with all the propaganda, lies, corruption, coverups, there is no justice. People who try to follow the proper channels, are unable to get any satisfaction. Try and think, how would the average citizen find the resources to be able to run a viable campaign. All in all the system is broke, corrupt and just as you are doing, as soon as someone says anything that may actually have a chance to make a difference they are vilified. All in all the real reason you see this is because people are frustrated and tired of not being heard.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

Believe me, you are being heard. The right wingers have taken over the discussion to the point that no one else CAN be heard except the right wingers screaming for revolution and screaming every other nutty thing like revoking the 1st Amendment rights of other religions, revoking the 14th Amendment rights of children, and revoking the 13th Amendment rights of everyone else.

Believe me you are being heard. Like when right wingers scream that there will be violence if their way isn't the only way. We understand, we understand perfectly that if this country doesn't do everything the right wants it to that there will be blood in the streets. We hear you loud and clear.

And that is what we hear. We hear that if this country doesn't follow exactly the doctrine prescribed by the radical right that the only other option is a civil war, that there will be revolution and anyone else who has a dissenting opinion to the radical right's agenda is a target.

Actually I hope that America doesn't cave into the constant threats made by the radical right, I hope that the radical right does try and start a civil war so that everyone will know that the radical right has absolutely no interest in real freedom, that the radical right is a totalitarian ideal that oppresses the rights and freedoms of everyone and has no room for compromise.

We hear you perfectly and the thing is we don't agree.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i think we should quit squabbling and talking about it and just get on with it.

then we can have something good to read in the news papers and watch on the tv for once

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I don’t think that is what the “radical right” is saying. If you can just think about this without getting upset and calling me names I will elaborate. I have no objection to what your view on the picture as a whole, but the two major things I feel really upsets us is: 1. we expect our leaders to follow the law of the land, the constitution, and to interpret it just as it is written without finding little loopholes to pass a law that should not be allowed. 2. to be held accountable for the same laws everyone else is. 3. true honesty 4.to be trust worthy and most of all 5. “Justice” for all. When a problem does come up and ANYONE feels strong enough to make an issue of it, it should be looked into Satisfactorily. 4. We expect our representatives vote as there constituents tell them to. Not what they feel will get them in bed with who ever is in power or what is “best for us”.

I am sure this has all been said before, but it is nothing more than we just want fairness. Real honesty and fairness, and when ignored, what do you do? Where do you go from there? When every aspect of justice is corrupted to the point that everyone feels there is no hope, then who is responsible for the violence? I feel it is the ignorant ones who have not cared enough to listen.

Lastly, if the right is wrong, then please tell me why when this country was founded, it is written, that we have a obligation to take up arms against a govt. that does not serve us. Tell me why we have all of the quotes from our founding fathers that encourage us not to take any $&!% from govt. It is because they had a proud way of life and refused to accept a passive stance on tyrants. If you really think about what history says, there is no way that this would be happening today. They would be tar and feathered long before this. So I think that the right has been very vigilant in exhausting every other option. Where do you say enough is enough? I think that they could do anything and the liberals would accept it. They just change the law to make what ever they do acceptable and label anyone who tries to seek answers terrorists.

edit on 9/26/10 by xyankee because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/27/10 by xyankee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
i think that the labeling of right wing fanatic and left wing fanatics is stereotyping of people who who are sticking to their options on how they conduct their lives and that a lot of egging on happens between both right and left wing fanatics until the argument festers into name calling. if i have offended anybody by this it's probably because of their uneasiness and uncertainty of impending times ahead and the fact that any moderators would feel to blame for anyone with angry feelings about other people or others lamenting the thought of killing people. that is what is so messed up is the fact that so and so amount of people want a firm grasp of the media, that there is no anger towards a tyrannical government allowed, and that when lava is coming straight for you that you just need to duck and cover and you'll be fine. this is not the case. i have been called crazy because i don't like this nations government. i'm sorry but i thought america has or had people willing to protect the constitution from its desecration by corporate government. by the laws of this country you cannot stop the people from telling the government to fukk off as they should.

edit on 27-9-2010 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2010 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2010 by rockoperawriter because: meh kitties

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

If our country was founded on the principal that murderous thugs who don't like what the government does, can empty the government with bloodshed and violence at will, and threaten the people to yield to those bloodthirsty would be murderers or face equal treatment, why on earth would the founding fathers put this in the United States Constitution:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Article III Section 3 United States Constitution Bold and Underline added by me.

I completely understand that the radical right thinks that this country has lost it's way and their solution is to violently address those misdeeds. But think of this for a moment...

When the radical right decides that a Mosque (no matter where it is) should not be built. It has decided that the people aren't deserving of the 1st Amendment protection of freedom of religion.

When the radical right decides that people that have immigrated to this country legally must at all times have their papers on them or face jail. It has decided that the people aren't deserving of the 4th Amendment protection against illegal searches and seizures.

When the radical right decides that a child born in this country doesn't automatically deserve Jus Soli Citizenship. It has decided that the people aren't deserving of the 14th Amendment gift of birthright citizenship.

When the radical right decides that the protections against slavery in this country are not guaranteed and the very amendment which does guarantee the right of freedom for everyone is false and they want to replace that amendment with one that they conjure up out of thin air. It has decided that the people aren't deserving of the 13th Amendment abolishing slavery in this country.

With all this coming from the radical right, how can one say that they are for freedom? To me, it looks as if the radical right wants a more tyrannical government. One that oppresses people's freedoms, and spits on the very Constitution that they say they are for restoring.

And above this, when they threaten the very people which this nation is made of with violence if their demands are not met, how can they be justified?

edit on 9/27/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I think you misunderstand. I will explain, of corse this is if you think I am a radical right winger.

When the radical right decides that a Mosque (no matter where it is) should not be built. It has decided that the people aren't deserving of the 1st Amendment protection of freedom of religion.

I am a conservative, and if we are the “right wingers” then this is not true. I personally don’t think it is the “political” thing to do, but they do have that right, and I think Ron Paul has been criticized for saying so. A true conservative recognizes that they have a right to do it, it does not mean that they have to like it.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Article III Section 3 United States Constitution Bold and Underline added by me.

What this is saying “only in levying war against them” is referring to the people meaning that if the people stand up and fight for there rights, that this cannot be called treason against the US. It was stated to protect the people against the tyranny of govt.

When the radical right decides that people that have immigrated to this country legally must at all times have their papers on them or face jail. It has decided that the people aren't deserving of the 4th Amendment protection against illegal searches and seizures.

If this is in reference to Arizona or anywhere else I think that if there are serious problems with people entering this country illegally by the thousands, and they are from one particular race it constitutes an "extra ordinary” situation. Under the circumstance I don’t think that you can call it “racial profiling” I think it is more common sense, and I personally would expect to be asked to prove where I am from. If I am legal with papers I would be on my way. If not, well you don’t belong there in the first place.

When the radical right decides that a child born in this country doesn't automatically deserve Jus Soli Citizenship. It has decided that the people aren't deserving of the 14th Amendment gift of birthright citizenship.

If you are saying that it is ok for illegals to use “anchor babies” as a way to get citizenship, then no it is not right. Why would it be? The parents are the ones involving their child in a crime! Why can they not just "FOLLOW THE RULES” and apply for citizenship as everyone else has to. It comes back to fairness, do you think that is fair?

Freedom? I think it depends on a persons view point. The thing that would help everyone is if people stopped saying me, me, me, and followed the laws as they are written. If not liked, change them, but stop trying to bend the rules and blame everyone else for the problems they have. Have some understanding as to why the laws are there. For example Arizona, don’t tell me people cannot understand what is going on, yet they still try to push there way knowing full well they are wrong!

edit on 9/27/10 by xyankee because: hit button by accident, had not finished post

edit on 9/27/10 by xyankee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

Anyone who wants a violent revolution against the government is a radical. And those that are proponents of a violent revolution lately have been right wingers. I am not saying you are a radical right winger, but conservatives fall on the right side of the political spectrum.

Given that radical right wingers want to do away with so many freedoms it is highly suspect that freedom is what they are after. These 4 Amendments are just what the radical right are openly wanting to get rid of. Just think, if that is what they openly want to rid the United States of, what are they hiding in order to garner support?

See what also makes me worry is that in this last election the American people spoke and elected the left by a vast majority, which caused many people on the right to snap. Now it appears that if the people don't cow to the right's wishes, the right will start a civil war. That's not freedom either. That's tyranny. When the people aren't allowed to freely elect who they wish because of threats by one side, that cannot be called freedom.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

See what also makes me worry is that in this last election the American people spoke and elected the left by a vast majority, which caused many people on the right to snap. Now it appears that if the people don't cow to the right's wishes, the right will start a civil war. That's not freedom either. That's tyranny. When the people aren't allowed to freely elect who they wish because of threats by one side, that cannot be called freedom.

People on the right snapped first of all because, the elections today are rigged, look at the proof that has been presented with thousands of fake votes from Acorn, and the thousands of votes from “Houston votes” You cannot say that the election process was done “FAIRLY” when voter corruption is ramped. To add to that when the right requests an investigation into some “shady” activity, they just get brushed off. That adds to the frustration, when all they are trying to do is get to the TRUTH. The birth certificate is a perfect example. If the Left was really interested in being fair, they would just supply what was needed to satisfy the issue. The left is the side that always tries to hide the info. The right wants complete open govt. why is that?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

There was rampant voter REGISTRATION fraud, not voter fraud. There is a difference but Glenn Beck and others don't want you to know that. Yes, ACORN did commit voter REGISTRATION fraud. That is true, but the non existent did not vote. This isn't like DiBold's actual voter fraud!

As far as the birther issue goes, Obama released his birth certificate, if the right doesn't believe it, it's not Obama's fault. He can't make you believe anything you don't want to.

Other than that, shady activity? What shady activity? Got to be more specific.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Not saying violence is the only answer but last time I checked this was the original power and law of the land:

Declaration of Independence:

"when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government"

Not only is it law, its a right.

If you respect the right of free speech, dont be a hypocrite and also respect the right to resist.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

How about this, www.abovetopsecret.com... this is the shady stuff.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

Listen, this isn't a birther thread, this is a thread about revolution, that thread is ongoing. (and I really really don't want to deal with more idiotic birther crap than I have to) So can we stick to right wingers who want to start blowing away other Americans?

If you have something to add about birthers, do it in a birther thread. This thread is about people who want to blow away their fellow countrymen.

Now if you cited Charlie Rangel, as that "shady stuff" then I would have to agree with you, that kind of thing needs to be addressed and routed out. People like Charlie Rangel have no business representing the people in Washington.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I never intended to start a Birther thread, You asked me to provide some shady activity, I just happened to look at the recent posts and ah! Here ya go. It was that easy! Regardless how you feel about the birther posts this subject adds to reinforce the topic of armed revolution and the fact that the right is brushed off. Is that not what we were discussing? The anger the right holds?

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join