It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk of Armed Revolution on ATS Inappropriate

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Im not trying to troll, or whatever youre calling it. Im suggesting the only method I can think of to BRING IT DOWN. Electromagnetic pulse, and good ol' '___'. It would work.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
So after 18 pages of back and forth what would you do:

What would you do if you saw an armed group going towards DC?

What would you do if you heard a news story of a group of terrorists/gang members/fill-in-the-blank had been slaughtered en mass by the US military or even Capitol Police?

What would you do if there was a sudden roll out of new laws without an accompanying news story of a rebellion put down?

What would you do if you saw a task force drag away your neighbor?

What would you do if more vocal members of ATS just suddenly stopped posting and had no bans or warnings?

What would you do if you were stopped on the street to answer questions to a survey that seemed to ask questions of a patriotic nature?

What would you do if you suspected the interviewer to have a government job (police/DHS/FBI/CIA/etc)?

What would you do if when you came home there were officers raiding your house and they apologized and said they had the wrong address and were supposed to be raiding a drug house a few blocks away?

The whole discussion brings to mind a truck I saw in the 80's with "I hate Japs" spelled out in the black and gold stickers that you use to put your name on a mailbox. It was on the back window of the bed cap. The owner was a WWII vet. Probably lost a few buddies during the war in the Pacific Theater. At the time Japanese businesses were buying up many things in the US.

So was the guy a racist fool or just a man speaking his mind? How you answer that question may have some bering on how you answer the above questions, how you were educated and how you view those that express their dissent by speaking of revolution.

The funny thing about all those programs mentioned in a few posts, up until the past 100 years (give or take) this country ran without them. Personal wealth still grew. Politicians were still crooks. The difference was that people had pride in themselves, their families and their communities. People talked to their neighbors and undesired things were removed or changed. Heck, I even have heard tell that a few of them got together and defeated the mightiest military in the world a couple times.

As for myself, I would rather hear people talk about things I could care less about then have them not be able to talk at all. Even if it is sitting on a bus and having to listen to two women sitting behind me go on and on about purses, dresses and shoes.

But if you are looking for armed rebellion; give those two women guns and tell them to shut up about their shopping.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Ahabstar]

If I saw an armed group going to D.C. I would call a funeral home. Without addressing my political stance, the very idea of common citizens trying to overthrow the federal government is beyond laughable. Of course "they" may get 20% - 25% of regular armed forces to be sympathetic, and no doubt a much higher percentage of a least some national guard units, but in the end, it would be a slaughter. The majority of those taking up arms would be people with no military experience beyond reading "Soldier of Fortune" and Vietnam vets rapidly appoaching their Golden Years who have no concept of the modern battlefield. Yes, there will be exceptions, but not nearly enough. A complete and total slaughter may, however, lead to a more successful revolution later, just as Russia's 1905 revolt, completely crushed, let to 1917.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealteamsix
An armed revolution would do much more harm than good.

A revolutionary, deep down inside, has to realize this. Yes, you and your "brothers" may be armed and ready to overthrow our government and create a new "better" one, but at what cost? There will be just as many people who will violently uphold our government. As an ex-military man, I took an oath. An oath to defend this country against all threats, foreign and domestic. Though no longer in the service, you bet I would go head to head with revolutionaries, and by golly I know MANY more of my fellow soldiers who would do the same.

Essentially, if such a thing happened, the nation would be split in two. Not Republican and Democrat junk, I mean split VIOLENTLY. The entire infrastructure of our nation would be terminated. It would be mass chaos.

How can you revolutionaries really believe everything is going to go "picture perfect" and life will just go on all nice and dandy? Do you have any idea the destruction and death that would ensue in order to overthrow the government? You will destroy this country, and have to rebuild it from the ground up. And don't give me that "How do you think the country was started?" crap, because times are a changin' and it's not that easy anymore. It would leave whatever 'nation' is left standing extremely vulnerable. There would be no order. People would go into "primal mode" and just do whatever they needed to survive.

There are so many things wrong with a violent revolution these days that it's not even funny. It's plain crazy to see people talk about it.

Richard, if this is you? We met once about 15 years ago. Like the new video game.

If this is not you, who ever you are, you have a great set of balls using this username if you have never been a member of this unit. If so you have been a member, carry on.

Now, Although you have a great point about the pontential things that could happen, why don't we just join Jesse and start by VOTING OUT THE ENTIRE SITTING CONGRESS AND START FRESH IN THE HOUSE.
VOTE IN SOME PEOPLE THAT WILL BE FOR THE PEOPLE!

If this is you Richard, with your background you may be able to shed a little more insight on what is really going on inside our own gov't. And maybe who is really making the POLITICAL POLICY these days. Maybe even have a few names to throw around?

I know everyone will never see eye to eye or agree on everything but things the way they are today are really not in the frame that our forefathers laid out. Every one knows this. Corruption is almost a joke today. Never has it been so open. If the people really knew what they were doing in that administration right now it's hard to tell what would happen. Being lied too by the people you are supposed to be able to trust makes you a little mad sometimes. Agree? ( kinda like getting manufactured intel before an op.) It goes straight to the highest seat in the land, that we know about anyway.

Richard, if this is indeed you, shed some insight, and when you do, imagine
yourself as a regular citizen and without the spec. weapons permitt and being able to play with your toys anymore.

So , let's start by

Voting out all sitting congressmen.
Voting some people in there that will be for the people.
Eradicating all corruption in that house.

If we could just do these few things, I think Lady Liberty would begin to smile again.

Semper Fi,

Eye of Eagle

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by seagull

Revolutions without violence and are bloodless are the most beautiful in the history of mankind.

Which members fail to understand.

Well this is what I pray for everyday, GOD WILLING it will be this way.

But I also keep an EYE on what is going on around me. Just like a good BoyScout should be, Always be prepared and stand up for what you believe in.

Eye of Eagle

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

It's illegal to call for the armed over-throw of our government, as well as for advancing the idea of killing the President. We are a Nation of Laws for a reason.

You don't like how the last election turned out? Become more politically active. Are all politicians inherently corrupt? Run for office and give us someone who is honest. You don't like the current administration's legislation? Draft some legislation and present that to your elected Representatives, but please stop whining and threatening violence. At least here. Say whatever you want down in your bunker or in the church parking lot.

If anyone else here feels the way I do about this, please speak up and lend me some support. I know there must be other people here who feel the way I do about this issue. If you disagree with me, fine, we are fellow citizens and I have thick skin. I can handle it. If you just want to trash me because I've spoken from my heart, then insert your favorite bone-cutting insult here and apply it to yourself.

Well, my two cents here. You who have read me know I am against war of any kind, and as far as armed insurrection within the United States, and calling for the murder of anyone, is morally and ethically wrong. I too have noticed some of the rhetoric here, in certain threads. There are some here that hate even the idea of a Black man for president, and few Christians realize that their savior is Black man too. But to call for the death of a standing president doesn't sit well with me, I remember too well the day President Kennedy was killed in Dallas. A thing like that shocks the nation, I am here to tell you it does. What we need to realize is that President Obama is, IMHO, is doing the best he can in these times we live in. I realize that he doesn't really have a lot of real power, unless Executive Orders give him that power. For a standing president to give him/her self power over the Congress of the United States like GWB did is a traitor to the Constitution. I really believe Obama should do away with GWB's Executive Orders, and follow the Constitution he is bound by oath to protect and defend. And another thing, you spoke of "doing something" in the voting booth? Well, that is al well and fine, but we need to do away with the Electoral College, and make every vote count. Until we do that, voting is a waste of time, presidents are selected, not elected.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Well, my two cents here. You who have read me know I am against war of any kind, and as far as armed insurrection within the United States, and calling for the murder of anyone, is morally and ethically wrong. I too have noticed some of the rhetoric here, in certain threads. There are some here that hate even the idea of a Black man for president, and few Christians realize that their savior is Black man too. But to call for the death of a standing president doesn't sit well with me, I remember too well the day President Kennedy was killed in Dallas. A thing like that shocks the nation, I am here to tell you it does. What we need to realize is that President Obama is, IMHO, is doing the best he can in these times we live in. I realize that he doesn't really have a lot of real power, unless Executive Orders give him that power. For a standing president to give him/her self power over the Congress of the United States like GWB did is a traitor to the Constitution. I really believe Obama should do away with GWB's Executive Orders, and follow the Constitution he is bound by oath to protect and defend. And another thing, you spoke of "doing something" in the voting booth? Well, that is al well and fine, but we need to do away with the Electoral College, and make every vote count. Until we do that, voting is a waste of time, presidents are selected, not elected.

I want to respond to your comment because of the Items I have bolded.

You do realize Obama has extended the PATRIOT ACT.

Also he has expanded the power of Interpol in our country, GIVING THEM IMMUNITY AGAINST PROSECUTION! Hence; committing what some would call a treasonous act. Giving a foreign police force free reign to do whatever they want in OUR SOVEREIGN COUNTRY.

Some would say he just started his very own SS force.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

--adding to the list--

• Stimulus Bill (Bailout part 2)
  • Forced purchase of medical insurance (no where near anything delegated as a power of the Congress, Constitutionally)
  • not even going to touch on rumors and speculations here, but if true...High Crimes and Misdemeanors

I wonder when we will get a president that has an education in law that remotely ACTS like they have read the Constitution. Let alone remotely follow it. GWB couldn't tell the Constitution from a bit of toilet paper stuck to his shoe, but at least we knew that his college major was pretty much Frat Boy and not Law going in to it.

I am of the opinion that far too many people are in support of freedom so long as it is free. Or a toleration fiefdom so long as it is free. But freedom is a political idealism, and as we all know politicians don't exchange in money. They use a favor for a favor for currency. Too many people don't understand the exchange rate for a real change that we can believe in to come.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Yes, I know he did that. I think Obama will be shown to be not legal to be president, but even if this doesn't happen, he is a defiantly one term president. The Patriot Act is We The People's biggest enemy, it is this document that labels us as terrorists, and enemies of the State. It is the documentation of a dictatorship, and it was set up by men a long time before now. Events were set into place, events happened as planned, agendas carried through, and all was right with the world. We can easily see the dictatorship, why is it we don't do something about it? Like tell our State Representatives that they will be out of a job if they do not fight against it? For that matter, the States could negate the act, it is a Federal thing, not a State thing. All the States need do is secede from the Corporation, and form their own Confederation of States, each with it's own form of government. This would work.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

reply to post by Ahabstar

Man, a lot us wished as kids, that we would live in interesting times.

Which won of you wished for this ****!

edit to fix gramma

[edit on 1/4/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I will say this in re: to the comments made by the OP.

It is one thing to ask for or promote revolution. It is another thing entirely to talk about whether it is a possibility for the future. I really think the latter needs to be discussed as it will effect every American here if it comes to pass.

For those that want a revolution.... Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
I will say this in re: to the comments made by the OP.

It is one thing to ask for or promote revolution. It is another thing entirely to talk about whether it is a possibility for the future. I really think the latter needs to be discussed as it will effect every American here if it comes to pass.

For those that want a revolution.... Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

I don't think anyone here wants a revolution.

However the government's actions are going to cause one.

When the dollar gets blown out, there will be chaos.

You can bet your bottom dollar that China and Russia will be in here fomenting rebellion once our currency is destroyed, just as our CIA is doing in Iran right now. They will work to arm and fund dissident groups that want to impose a communist dictatorship.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Check out this informative article written by an American Veteran of Foreign Wars.

This is what Civil War in America will Look Like

A quick look at how civil war here in America would be a very bad idea.

www.opednews.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by minigunner

I am certainly Not talking about soldiers. I was referring to domestic militia gun nuts. This post has nothing to do with the honorable men and women who serve our country. Period.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Military Coup D'etat in America possible?

Military thinkers discuss the unthinkable

www.harpers.org...

Excerpt: ...."Even the best-equipped terrorists (or Revolutionaries, or Rebels, or Insurrectionists), for their part, could dispatch at most a city or two; and armed revolution is a futile prospect, so fearsomely is our homeland secured by police and military forces......"

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by USA Patriot

You see, the problem with your articles is that they address a civil war taking place in America as it stands today - which is ridiculous.

It would never happen.

They aren't addressing what would happen if suddenly our currency became defunct.

The military would no longer be getting paid, government services would start to shut down, the military industrial complex would start to fall apart, etc.. etc.. etc..

The implosion of the economy and the devaluation of the dollar would bring about the revolution. A revolution would not and could not occur in America as we know it today.

The states WILL begin to nullify federal law and start to extricate themselves from the union should the federal government destroy the dollar. There is already laws in progress as we speak that seek to nullify federal law under the 10th amendment and threaten more actions should the federal government continue on its path of usurping power.

A state seceding from the union would not necessarily bring about an armed conflict - most of the officers in the military would refuse to invade a state today, unlike your first article seems to suggest.

I think it would go rather peacefully to be honest.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The links I provided are NOT my articles.

I just thought I would share them as they are relevant to the discussion here.

The individuals that DID produce these articles, I believe have some useful insight.

Not everyone in this country is motivated by JUST money.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
uh, when was it not okay to fight for freedom?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

The links I provided are NOT my articles.

I just thought I would share them as they are relevant to the discussion here.

The individuals that DID produce these articles, I believe have some useful insight.

Not everyone in this country is motivated by JUST money.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I would like to open with a quote from Benjamin Franklin: Revolutions come into this world like bastard children, Mr. Dickinson, half improvised and half compromised.
If history served correct, it took an act of the contintal congress, to revolt from the British monarchy, and then it had to be with the full agreement of all of the colonies.
However, I do wonder, at what point, what is the line in the sand that the federal government would have to cross before you start to seeing people not only consider but actually take up arms against their own government and at what point is past the point of no return?
I believe as long as people are talking, no matter how distasteful the topic, is always good thing, cause it also means that they are listening and considering all options. It is when they go silent and angry, then that is the time to worry.
There are no bloodless revolutions or civil war, someone always gets hurt, or killed, and the question must be asked, of those who would advocate for bloodshed, are you prepared to kill your own brother, sister, father, mother, son, daughter or family member?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I totally agree. It becomes hard to visit this website when there is things like that discussed on here. This is for conspiracies and odd ball stuff only.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join