It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk of Armed Revolution on ATS Inappropriate

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This is exactly why you people will never get anywhere and why you people are such a joke. You want others to do it for you. You brow-beat, look down upon, and call out everyone else. However, when someone challenges you to actually do something, to act on your beliefs, to stop being an annoying hypocrite. You say that's cowardly. This why your cause will never go anywhere and why there will never be change. Because of people and all the people who are too comfortable to do anything more than complain or MAYBE if you're lucky write an e-mail.

You're getting exactly what you deserve.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Did you have a consistent message you wanted to share?

It's gone from please don't revolt, to how you ought to revolt, to how dissapointed you are people haven't revolted?

Sounds like you are going through the seven stages of grief friend!

If something is bothering you and you need someone to talk to about it please feel free to U2U me!

People caring about people, there is a revolutionary idea!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You honestly are asking why it is cowardly to detonate explosives in front a building? It's simple. You don't have to look your adversary in the eye when you take him out. Not to mention collateral damage? What if you blow up children in the process? You see this as some sort of honorable way to begin any kind of revolution? Nice job attempting to derail this thread. Keep it up and more people will see you for what you really are.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think this is a great thread, but I READ the comments....

I wonder what sort of controversial thoughts the common Chinese "individual" is allowed to express. Not to hard to imagine..., ie, express them at your own risk. Is that what we are afraid of here?
Why is it that some people are so quick to ridicule others that are looking for the effective remedy to tyranny? Perhaps they do not recognize tyranny?
I do not believe armed conflict is the answer, simply because that is the preferred tool of TPTB.
You may ask, where is the tyranny? I would say only this, a crime against humanity is a crime against all of us that define ourselves as human.
I will leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I don't really care. I'm mainly just disappointed in Americans. They're nothing but fat ignorant hype. I mean there's a reason why there's a second amendment. There's a reason a lot of our history has gone down the way it has. There's a reason why at one time this was the greatest nation on earth. Now you have a bunch of fat retards tapping away on their keyboards blabbering nonsense and shocking lack of knowledge of one's own history based on whatever some multi-million dollar shock jock told 'em. And these threads are the exact same as when I started reading ATS a couple years ago. Will anything come of it? No. Will people continue to get #ed? Yeah. So this rambling gets us what?

[edit on 3-1-2010 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

Revolution is war baby. Something you people don't seem to grasp.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Did you have a consistent message you wanted to share?

It's gone from please don't revolt, to how you ought to revolt, to how dissapointed you are people haven't revolted?

Sounds like you are going through the seven stages of grief friend!

If something is bothering you and you need someone to talk to about it please feel free to U2U me!

People caring about people, there is a revolutionary idea!

Agreed! People caring about people is a revolutionary idea. Also, I thought it was five stages of grief. Which might be an excellent place to jump back on point. Dr. Elizabeth Kubler Ross wrote in her seminal book On Death and Dying that there were five stages of grief a terminal patient would inevitably go through:

1.) Denial

2.) Anger

3.) Bargaining

4.) Depression

and finally...

5.) Acceptance

Throughout these stages there is always a commonality of

6.) Hope

Could the swan song of a dying nation also suffer the same consequences and are we witnessing them in threads like this? Has there not been plenty of denial followed by anger met with bargaining and then an inevitable depression and will we all finally get to the point of some form of acceptance? Certainly throughout this thread there has been the glimmer of hope.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

No # it's war. That doesn't worry me. What worries me is people like yourself that wouldn't do it in an honorable way. There is no need to blow up a god damn building to get the fireworks started so to speak. Get a grip.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I respectfully disagree in so much that communication is the key to everything.

Humans in general are fraught with imperfections and evolution is a slow process in part because of that.

Some clever humans look to exploit human imperfection to their own advantage and further hold society back through those machinations and that further slows evolution.

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

The Internet in my humble opinion is humanity developing the early stages of a collective consciousness.

That is bound to lead somewhere, not over night, but eventually and communicating with one another and learning to recognize one another, our hopes, fears, desires and wants and capabilities is a intrinsic and valuable part to that process.

It’s always darkest before the light and growth comes in fits and starts and sometimes its one step forward and three steps back and then forward by leaps and bounds.

The on demand world is conducive for shopping and consumerism its not for evolution. That’s a process that takes time.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by av8r007

No # it's war. That doesn't worry me. What worries me is people like yourself that wouldn't do it in an honorable way. There is no need to blow up a god damn building to get the fireworks started so to speak. Get a grip.

"honorable war"

Yeah good luck with that chief, I'll buy you a beer when you come back to reality.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
1)idiots
2)tea-bagger
3)fat lazy moronic average American who has neither the intelligence nor attention span to program a VCR
4)none of these people have ever read a history book.
5)hilariously stupid beliefs (much like religious people)
6)Your budweiser and fritos wouldn't be on the shelf at the local Piggly Wiggly anymore.
7)Patriot, red state, going rogue, tea-bagging, retards are getting exactly what they deserve.

Thanks so much for that intelligent, informative, fact filled and thought provoking post!

Someone needs to familiarize himself/herself with the T and C. Insults are not a contribution.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Could the swan song of a dying nation also suffer the same consequences and are we witnessing them in threads like this? Has there not been plenty of denial followed by anger met with bargaining and then an inevitable depression and will we all finally get to the point of some form of acceptance? Certainly throughout this thread there has been the glimmer of hope.

It’s all a process my friend or reconciling illusion with reality.

When the illusion can no longer mask reality people grieve for that illusion.

It becomes someone else’s fault; anyone else’s fault that the illusion is no longer sufficient to hid the underlying reality any longer.

A lot of people are reaching that point, and there is a lot of soul searching that goes into that and on during that.

Patience is the key.

Kindness and patience. A little tough love here and there too.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

1)idiots
2)tea-bagger
3)fat lazy moronic average American who has neither the intelligence nor attention span to program a VCR
4)none of these people have ever read a history book.
5)hilariously stupid beliefs (much like religious people)
6)Your budweiser and fritos wouldn't be on the shelf at the local Piggly Wiggly anymore.
7)Patriot, red state, going rogue, tea-bagging, retards are getting exactly what they deserve.

Thanks so much for that intelligent, informative, fact filled and thought provoking post!

Someone needs to familiarize himself/herself with the T and C. Insults are not a contribution.

I apologize for insulting fat people, morons, lazy people, people who can't program their VCR, people who've never read a history book, people who drink beer or eat chips, people who shop at Piggly Wiggly or Wal-Mart, or any of the rest of the retards I insulted. Clearly their opinions matter and they should be the ones making the decisions. I'm so wrong to look down on these idiots.

You people are getting exactly what you deserve.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If you read CuriousSkeptic's posts carefully it is easily deduced that he is everything he is calling everyone else.

One of those types angry at himself and taking it out on everyone else that WE havent revolted yet because he is too chicken not only to do it himself, but to even mention the idea.

He probably thinks he is doing everyone a service in trying to push others into doing what he wont, and cant, do himself.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

Baby, I come from a rich family and got dual citizenship. I'm good regardless. You people on the other hand...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I don't really care. I'm mainly just disappointed in Americans. They're nothing but fat ignorant hype. I mean there's a reason why there's a second amendment. There's a reason a lot of our history has gone down the way it has. There's a reason why at one time this was the greatest nation on earth. Now you have a bunch of fat retards tapping away on their keyboards blabbering nonsense and shocking lack of knowledge of one's own history based on whatever some multi-million dollar shock jock told 'em. And these threads are the exact same as when I started reading ATS a couple years ago. Will anything come of it? No. Will people continue to get #ed? Yeah. So this rambling gets us what?

Some of us are actually quite thoughtful and intelligent. Had it not occurred to you that the people who would be part of this "armed revolution" have not yet fully exercised every means of peaceful redress and they just might be showing extraordinary restraint because nobody really wants to see it come to this.

I don't want to be part of any armed conflict on the streets I call home. its bad enough in someone elses back yard, but there are those not unlike myself who believe that this will be the logical conclusion if our servant government continues to disregard the "Will" of the people whom they serve.

Many are standing behind that line in the sand rifle in hand carrying the Gaston flag letting the TPTB know that although they do not want this conflict, they will not shy from it if it is to be.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I agree that the Second Amendment was intended to guard against tyranny.
But I could not imagine a worse tactic than to attempt to go toe-to-toe, bullet to bullet with a well armed and trained military. The Feds would have plenty of allies to marginalize and cast as "terrorists" any in armed insurrection. Instead, if you're "mad as hell," speak your truth beginning locally with passion, conviction and with reason. Revolutions begin with an idea. It's easier to kill individuals than ideas. Don't allow yourself to get incited into being a target.

Carl1949

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

reply to post by watcher73

Baby, I come from a rich family and got dual citizenship. I'm good regardless. You people on the other hand...

none of what you just typed confuted anything i typed, in fact it just reinforced it all

btw: where is the other citizenship?

[edit on 3-1-2010 by watcher73]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

I respect what you're saying WWJFKD.

Here's my problems

1. Americans as a race are ignorant and uneducated. Your education system is hilarious and virtually guarantees indentured servitude to anyone trying to rise in class. This is the root of your problem as the steady decline of education parallels the steady decline of America

2. Americans can't come together on a single issue which forces the system to have a massive coronary preventing anything from getting done.

3. These ridiculous tea-baggers don't even have a common issue, they have a generic enemy, they're leaderless and for the most part they come off like backwards idiots. So my choice is to choose between the feds who've been lying, raping, and stealing from me since birth or a bunch of backwards gun toting idiots with no organization, leadership, or intelligence.

4. History shows revolutions don't just happen. Revolution happens when the people have no other option. When they come to take your land or there's not a scrap of bread left... that's when it goes down. All of this idiotic talk while there's still a dollar menu at a fast food restaurant within a mile of every single on of your locations is stupid.

5. This country is being raped from the inside out. Originally Vietnam was stopped because middle-class kids would be goddamned if they would die in a third world hell-hole. Happily though through the creation of the welfare class, we now have an entire group of uneducated people who's only real option for a better future to go serve this country's adventurism. You people sat on your hands as the industrial sector of your country was taken away. You people sat on your hands while the rest of the world lapped you many times over in virtually every technical medium. But now you're going to get pissed about OBAMA!!@#@!1 RAQWR!

So now your country is a corrupt oligarchy and you're all #ed with no hope or chance. But keep tapping away on those keyboards about ARMED REVOLUTIONS RAWR!!! OBAMASMA! LET'S TEA-BAG EACH OTHER!!!!

You're getting everything you deserve.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Carl1949

What's the old saying? The most dangerous weapon in the world is a well trained man with a eight cent bullet?

I personally think we should off a senator just for the hell of it every July 4th. Make it like American Idol. The senator with the least amount of votes gets one in the back of the head at the half time show of whatever big event is going on.

Canada my friend.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join