It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we ever know everything?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hi everyone!

This question has been bouncing around my head for a while, and I was wondering what other member's opinions are on the subject.

Human nature drives us to understand the unknown, and to search for the answers to all the questions we can muster.

My question is:
Will there come a day when there will be no more questions, for we will know all the answers?

Will we ever get to the point were we have nothing else to look for or understand?

And if yes, what will be the point of living when we have nothing left to look for, when that drive to seek the unknown will be gone because there is no unknown?

And I mean the knowledge of everything as EVERYTHING; from the cosmos, to the nature of reality, to the history of the universe, to infinity, ect.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Hi Monts, what a coincedence...today I opened exactly the same thread. Before I start a thread I start a search if there has been a thread similar as the one I want to start. That way these kind of double threads can be avoided.

But what can I say.....an excellent question!!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I hope yes, but most likely no for if the universe is infinite, there are more things to find and more mysteries to be solved.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I feel that since we are part of everything,
We know everything, We have just forgotten it.
(or been made to forget it)

I think that everything we could possibly know, or want to know..
is already encoded within our DNA, within every cell that makes up everyone, and everything.... I feel it's just a matter of accessing it, or re-accessing it.
(or some would say "reactivating it")

However, I feel that only once we all come together and unite,
will this "knowledge/wisdom" be available to everyone.

Until then, We will only get individuals who have crucial parts of the puzzle,
and though some of it may be understood, The bigger picture will not be seen until we all realize that we are One, and cannot do it with any small groups or individuals. Only once we become what we truly are, or realize what we truly are.. ( a whole), will we be able to rise up to our full potential, and Start being the cosmic humans that we truly are. (sorry if thats too "new agey" for some) lol

If we dont manage that...
Then me feelings are, that only once we are freed from these earthly bodies,
will we no longer thirst for knowledge or wisdom.. for then we will literally be that knowledge and wisdom........ Back to the source. With no physical body or mind to "get in the way" so to speak. lol

I had more I wanted to say, But I just got the feeling that maybe I shouldnt even post this, ( because many times, when trying to describe deep feelings, the words that i seem to use, do no justice for what what i really want to say) . lol
But I will hit post anyway, and if anything i said seems to resonate with anyone else, maybe Ill try to keep yappin useless words for meaningful thoughts/feelings. lol

Thanks for the thread, Im excited to read what others have to say.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Haha, indeed a strange coincidence, synchronicity if I dare say. I did do a search, and I always do a search before I start a new thread, but searching for a thread with these kinds of topics is a little hard to do. There are so many ways of asking the same question.

I'll for sure go check your thread out though and contribute!

[edit on 2/1/1010 by Monts]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Woops double post

[edit on 2/1/1010 by Monts]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Well said friend!

I feel the same way; I have always felt that in some way we have access to the knowledge of everything, and will indeed have access to it when our physical lives have ended.

I think that if a point does come though, when we all become united together, and we receive the key to unlock this knowledge, our purposes in life, and life itself will take on a whole new, unimaginable meaning.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
That would be kind of boring if we knew everything. I like knowing that there are still mysteries and adventures left for us.

So if we do get to know everything, at least I get to know who Jack the Ripper was.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Thanks Monts...

Originally posted by Monts
reply to post by Ahmose

Well said friend!

I feel the same way; I have always felt that in some way we have access to the knowledge of everything, and will indeed have access to it when our physical lives have ended.

I think that if a point does come though, when we all become united together, and we receive the key to unlock this knowledge, our purposes in life, and life itself will take on a whole new, unimaginable meaning.

Absolutely bro.
Well said.

I think that goes well with supernaturals comment..
at the moment it may seem boring to know everything, with no mysteries...
but like you said, Mont.....

everything would change, everything would be different,... everything!

I dont feel it would be boring at all,
It would be an entirely new world... literally.
"Boredom" might not even be a concept in such a world..
I actually cant see how it could fit. lol

and besides.. I think "boredom" is just an illusion also.. lol

i think boredom can only happen in a universe so interesting and amazing,
when an individual starts to forget (or never learns) how amazing, and interesting it all really is.

I think the only time I ever start to feel signs of "boredom" anymore, is when i let "the world" and my mind get in the way, and I momentarily forget how awesome it all really is.

and i think who jack the ripper really was, is hardly meaningful. lol
is that your big question supernatural?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
To know everything is to be just like God or the Source. in that state, I believe there will be no inner thirst or desires that need fulfilling. We would simply just bask in the light.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

We will never know everything, but this geezer apparently does......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am personally involved with everything mentioned in the title of the thread, I am a life long member of secret orders and governmental institutions, I have been exploring the spiritual realms, researched the occult and practiced it, taken part of many esoteric, occult and magical practices and events, been involved with the ET and UFO phenomena, the spiritual realms, including ghost and spirits, governmental coverups and their involvedment with these and other things, I have many insights to share on existence and our reason for being here, how we got here, why we are here and whom controls the world and why, and much more on these and related topics.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Lol, I would like to know who the Jack the Ripper was and the answers to all the other mysteries but once we know everything, basking in the light just seems too weird. Isn't the journey more important than the destination?

Maybe once we know everything, we'll have the power to create more mysteries...yeah!

new topics

top topics

join